Jasper | Feb 22, 2021 | 0
83 Best Grills – The ultimate buying guide to find the best in the market.
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
If you’re looking for the best grills for those summer cookouts and fall tailgates, we’ve got the ultimate list for you.
As warm weather approaches the call of sizzling meats and veggies is impossible to ignore – but how you respond depends on your individual situation.
Whether you’ve got a yard big enough for a barbecue pit or an apartment better suited for an electric grill, we’ve got suggestions for everyone.
This grills on this list range from high-tech precision cookers to simple charcoal gridirons. As you look through this master list of the best grills on the market, let your needs and cooking style be your guide.
7 Best Grills
We looked through hundreds of grills in dozens of styles to come up with this list of the best overall grills. There is a huge variety of grills here, which we’ll explore further in the sections below.
Here are the 7 best grills:
1. Nexgrill 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill
With 4 main burners and a side burner, this stainless steel grill is big enough to feed the whole part at once.
2. Napoleon TQ2225PO Travel Q Portable Grill
This compact propane grill is perfect for camping trips and grilling away from home.
3. KENMORE ELITE 4 Burner Grill plus Side Burner
This large stainless steel grill has built in lights so you can check your progress even in the dark.
4. Weber 49010001 Black Spirit II E-310 LP Gas Grill
The main grill surface on the Black Spirit has 529 square inches of grilling space, and a grease management system with enameled Flavor Bars.
5. Everdure Portable Grill
With it’s food storage tray and bamboo cutting board, this portable charcoal grill is perfect for tailgates and car camping.
6. Traeger TFB42LZB Lil Tex
This wood-burning smoker makes delicious ribs, burgers, pizzas, and even cookies and is small enough to fit in a porch or small yard.
7. Traeger Grills TFB89BLF
Rather than wood, this smoker burns pellets and has an automatic ignition and electronic controls.
8 Best Charcoal Grills
For many chefs, charcoal is the only way to grill. Charcoal grills are more portable than gas, and quickly sear meats while adding a hint of smoky flavor. Sure, they take a little longer to heat, but grilling isn’t about speed – it’s about experience.
Here are the 8 best charcoal grills:
9. KamadoJoe KJ23RHC Classic II Ceramic Charcoal Grill
With a built in thermometer and two side trays, this KamadoJoe makes charcoal grilling easy.
10. Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
This grill is much like the Weber Original, but with a large prep surface and removable LED cook timer.
11. Weber Go-Anywhere
This table top grill is great for grilling on picnic tables and is compact and light enough to go anywhere.
12. PK Grills PK Original Outdoor Charcoal Portable Grill & Smoker Combination
The unique shape and ventilation on the PK lets you grill up burgers and dogs quickly or smoke ribs and briskets slowly.
13. Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Grill
Fans of cast iron cooking will love this Lodge grill. It’s not lightweight, but it is indestructible.
14. Dyna-Glo DGN486SNC-D Heavy Duty Stainless Charcoal Grill
The largest charcoal grill on our list, the Dyna-Glo has a designated coal door and built in thermometer so you can add coal as needed and control your experience.
15. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Kettleman Charcoal Grill
With a no-fall-through cooking grate, you can be sure not to lose any food to the coals and prepare evenly heated dishes without flare-ups.
7 Best Gas Grills
Backyard chefs and professional grill-masters alike love cooking with gas because of how quickly it starts and heats the grill. In your search for the best gas grills, think about the number of burners you’ll need and what extra features like side burners and exterior thermometers you crave.
After all, the best propane grill is the grill that suits your needs.
Here are the best 7 gas grills:
16. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
This lightweight grill is perfect for those without a designating grilling space, and is easy to wheel in and out of garages, basements, or storage closets.
17. Char-Broil 463377319 Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill
With a stainless steel exterior and porcelain coated cast iron grates, this 4-burner will stand the test of time.
18. Durable Outdoor Barbeque & Burger Gas/charcoal Grill Combo
Can’t decide between gas and charcoal? Why not have both with this enormous combo grill.
19. RevoAce 4-Burner LP Gas Grill with Side Burner
With 4 burners under a stainless steel lid and a side burner, this grill can feed a pair or a party.
20. Blackstone Grills Tailgater – Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
This portable grill folds down for transportation and sports a grill/griddle combo.
21. Fuego F24C Professional Propane Gas Grill
This compact grill is perfect cookouts on porches and patios.
22. Royal Gourmet GG2101 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
With folding stainless steel trays, this grill can be easily be expanded to for cooking and collapsed for storage.
8 Best Pellet Grills
Pellet grills use wood pellets and the flow of air to smoke, grill, or bake foods to perfection. They have more controls than gas grills, allowing for more experimentation and a wider range of flavors.
If you’re looking for the pellet grills, look no further.
Here are the 8 best pellet grills:
23. Wood Pellet Grill
Add your favorite kind of pellets, set the temperature, and you’re done! This smoker makes the job easy.
24. Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill – WIFI enabled
Monitor and control this portable smart smoker with the iOS or Android app.
25. Pit Boss Grills 71820FB PB820FB BBQ Pellet Grill and Smoker
At 820 square inches, this large smoker can handle full racks of ribs and other large cuts.
26. Z GRILLS Wood Pellet Grill 7-in-1 BBQ Smoker for Outdoor Cooking 550SQIN Barbecue Area 10LB Hopper (ZPG-550B)
With a lifetime guarantee and a large grilling area, this smoker will keep you fed forever.
27. Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
This smoker is one of the most versatile grill. With a propane side burner and easy to use settings, we can see why.
28. Traeger Grills Ranger Grill TBT18KLD Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker Black
This portable grill proves that you don’t need a huge smoker for delicious, smoky meals.
29. Lonestar Chef SCS-P760 Lifesmart Lonestar Series 760 Square Inch Pellet Grill
The large capacity and high interior on this smoker makes cooking large meats like turkey or chicken easy.
30. Louisiana Grills Built In Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
The two-tiered cast iron cooking surface lets smoke enough food for the whole neighborhood.
7 Best Indoor Grills
If outdoor space is hard to come by or you want to grill even when the weather won’t cooperate, you need the best indoor grills.
The grills on this list are compact and electric and offer even, reliable heating without producing a lot of smoke. So don’t let the outdoors determine what you’ll eat, grill year-round from the haven of your own kitchen or garage.
Here are the 7 best indoor grills:
31. Power Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid and Turbo Speed Smoke Extractor Technology
This electric grill uses a small fan to eliminate smoke and has interchangeable grill and griddle plates.
32. Weber Q2200 Gas Grill
This compact gas grill has a stainless burner and 28o square inches of cooking space.
33. Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Searing Grill with Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate
With an extra large grease pan and easy-to-clean plates, this electric grill can handle anything you throw at it.
34. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50B
This George Foreman grill is large enough to feed the whole gang and has a removable stand for indoor or outdoor cooking.
35. T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill
Use the 6 different settings to program this grill to perfectly cook your food.
36. MegaChef Dual Surface Reversible Indoor Grill and Griddle with Removable Glass Lid
This versatile grill has a removable gas lid and a 2-sided grill/griddle plate.
37. Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
With infrared technology and heat reflectors, this grill quickly sears meat and cooks evenly.
38. Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
With multiple heating zones, this electric grill lets you cook each dish simultaneously to perfection.
39. Cuisinart GR-5B Electric griddler
Panini press, grill, or griddle, this compact stove with digital display does it all.
7 Best Smoker Grills
Unlike most grills, smokers keep your food away from direct heat. The burning of wood, coal, or pellets create smoke that flavors the food while the indirect heat cooks it through.
40. Pit Boss Grills 77435 Vertical Lp Gas Smoker
With two distinct burners and tempered glass viewing doors, this vertical smoker makes tender, savory meats every time.
41. Royal Gourmet CC1830F Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker
A combination charcoal grill and smoker, this grill quickly cooks meats with a smoky flavor.
42. Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 14-Inch Charcoal Smoker
Lightweight and portable, this charcoal smoker makes delicious pulled pork and ribs anywhere you go.
43. Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker, 725 Square Inch
This large electric smoker has 700 square inches of cooking space, a large viewing window and easy to read LED display.
44. Dyna-Glo DGO1890BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
With a separate door for the wood chip compartment, you can add fuel without losing heat.
45. Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
With 4 cooking racks and thermostat regulated temperature control, all your meats will be evenly cooked and perfectly smoked.
46. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
Smoke, roast, or grill any cut of meat with this compact gas grill/smoker.
7 Best Smokeless Grills
Like indoor grills, most smokeless grills are electric – eliminating smoke created from dripping fat or burning wood. Smokeless grills also tend to be more compact and inexpensive than conventional grills.
Here are the 7 best smokeless grills:
47. Portable Outdoor Fire Pit and BBQ Grill
This portable wood burning fire pit can be packed into two separate bags that make it easier to carry around.
48. KRUPS PG760851 Electric Indoor Adjustable Temperature Smokeless Grill
With nonstick grill plates and a heat proof frame, this electric grill cooks clean and quick.
49. Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill with Infrared Instant Heating Technology
This grill uses infrared technology to evenly cook your food and heat reflectors for efficiency.
50. Hot Shot Indoor Electric Smokeless Grill
Contain heat with the Hot Shot’s glass lid and use the dual cooking surfaces for a variety of dishes.
51. Electric Smokeless Indoor Large BBQ Griddle
With three adjustable heating zones, and dishwasher safe grill plates this electric grill is easy to use and clean.
52. Maxi-Matic EMG-980BSC Large Indoor Electric Nonstick Grilling Surface
The round grill surface and glass cover allows you to maintain heat while cooking burgers, steaks, pizzas, and more.
53. VonShef Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
With easy to use temperature and fan controls, grilling indoors has never been simpler.
5 Best Electric Grills
Even though most smokeless grills are electric, not all electric grills are smokeless. The grills on this list heat your food uniformly indoors or outdoors, and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Keep reading to find the best electric grill.
Here are the 5 best electric grills:
54. Electric Griddle Non-Stick, Smokeless Portable Pancake Griddle
This sleek looking grill has temperature control, cool-touch handles and drip tray.
55. Char Broil TRU Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
With two prep tables and a built in thermometer, it’s easy to forget this grill is electric.
56. Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with VersaStand
This portable grill weighs just 17 pounds and has an adjustable stand.
58. Easy Street Lock ‘N Go Electric Grill
Lock the lid on this grill to pick it up and carry it anywhere meats need grilling.
7 Best Portable Grills
Camping trips, beach trips, and days at the park are always better with a grill. Turn any afternoon into a cookout and serve up delicious hot meals wherever you like to hang out with friends
Whether you’re loyal to charcoal or propane and propane accessories, we’ve got the best portable grill for you.
Here are the 7 best portable grills:
59. Coleman Triton Propane Camping Stove
This 2-burner grill uses 1 pound propane cans and is light and compact.
60. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
Cook up to 8 burgers, 8 steaks, or 10 chicken breasts on this single burner grill.
61. Cuisinart CGG-306 Stainless Steel TableTop Propane Gas Grill
This stainless grill has an external thermometer to help you get those steaks just right.
62. Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
Probably the most popular portable grill on the market, the Smokey Joe is light, cheap, and easy to use.
63. Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
With folding legs, a latching hood, and two 10,000 BTU burners, this grill can make you the boss of any pit.
64. Coleman 2000020947 Grill Ppn Sportster
Transport this propane stove easily with its collapsible legs and large wheels.
65. Cuisinart CGG-200 All Foods Tabletop Gas Grill
With folding side tables and a twist-start ignition, this grill has everything you need to get cooking.
5 Best BBQ Grill
A good barbecue depends on a couple different factors: quality meat, sufficient air flow, and savory smoke. You’re on your own finding good meats, but the best bbq grill should be able to take care of the rest.
66. Outsunny 48″ Steel Portable Backyard Charcoal BBQ Grill and Offset Smoker
With an offset charcoal smoker and ample ventilation, the Outsunny grills and smokes huge quantities of meat.
67. Royal Gourmet CD1824E 24-Inch Charcoal BBQ Grill
Open the door to add more charcoal as needed, and adjust the height of your rack to perfect your burgers and steaks.
68. ISUMER Portable Thickened Stainless Steel Outdoor Charcoal BBQ Grill
This grill is specifically made for barbecuing in small spaces, and handle kebabs and veggies like a pro.
69. Best Choice Products 18in Portable Steel Charcoal Barbecue BBQ Grill w/Heat Control for Patio
The removable lid on this simple charcoal grill lets you cook how you want.
70. Outsunny 19” Steel Porcelain Portable Outdoor Charcoal Barbecue Grill
Use the vent on this grill to control temperature and airflow, and enjoy perfectly cooked, juicy meat.
6 Best Kamado Grills
Kamado grills originated in Japan thousands of years ago, but the egg-shaped ceramic grills are enjoying a revival because of their versatility and incredible heat trapping and radiation.
With the best kamado grill you can barbecue meats, bake breads and pizzas, and roast vegetables to perfection.
71. Viemoi Kamado Grill Mini Kamado Charcoal Grill
It may be mini, but this compact grill keeps coals hot for hours.
72. Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
With 314 square inches of cooking space, this kamado can handle a whole family meal.
73. Char-Griller E06614 AKORN Jr
This Kamado style grill is actually made with steel, and features and easy dump coal compartment.
74. Kamado Joe KJ13RH Joe Jr Charcoal Grill
Although it’s not exactly light (68 pounds), this portable grill is big enough for beer can chicken or ribs.
75. Blaze Freestanding Cast Aluminum Kamado Grill
This Kamado looks like something from outer space, which might explain why the food it makes is out of this world.
76. Pit Boss 71240 Kamado BBQ Ceramic Grill Cooker
With two wooden side tables and a sturdy frame, this kamado is ready to be a permanent fixture.
7 Best Infrared Grills
Infrared grills have an additional heat source that helps to sear and cook meat with fewer flare ups – meaning fewer burned burgers and charred steaks.
For the best infrared grill, check out the huge variety below.
Here are the 7 best infrared grills:
77. Zaigle ZG-HU375 Handsome Infrared KBBQ Electric Grill
This lamp-style grill cooks your food without gas or oil, making it clean and smoke-free.
78. Solaire SOL-IR17BWR
Take the stainless steel Solaire anywhere for fast, easy grilling.
79. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill
No more flare-ups or cold spots with this compact TRU-infrared grill
80. Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 450 3-Burner
What do you get when you combine infrared technology with three propane burners and 450 square inches of grilling space? Whatever you want.
81. Dutton Single Gas Grill Square-Box Steak, Pizza, BBQ Propane Infrared Grilling
This smokeless infrared grill reaches up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing meat, poultry, and fish perfectly seared on the outside and juicy on the inside.
82. Magma Products, A10-918-2GS Newport 2 Infra Red Gourmet Series Gas Grill
With folding legs and a locking grease tray, this infrared propane grill is ready to hit the road.
83. Napoleon Grills Built-in Prestige 500
For built-in grills, look no further than the Napoleon Prestige. With 5 propane burners and a rear infrared burner, this grill won’t quit.
How to Pick the Best Grills
Finding the best grill for you needs is a challenge, even with all of these great suggestions. So, to be sure you’re getting the best grill for you individual situations, follow these three steps.
Here is how to pick the best grills:
1. Day Dream
Imagine a summer afternoon. The weather is nice and your friends are in town. How do you imagine yourself grilling? What kinds of food do you want to serve, and what do you want that food to taste like? Once you have an image in your mind, you can narrow down your choices to the ones that grill the food you want to eat in the quantities you need.
2. Work with Your Space
As nice as it is to dream, eventually your grill will have to come out of your imagination and into the real world. Take stock of your space and the limitations or freedoms that go with it, then choose a grill that will be practical and useful for your situation.
3. Plan a Sample Menu
Once you’ve narrowed down your choices to the types of grills that you can practically use, draw up a menu of foods that you’d want to grill and serve together. If the grill you had your eye on is too small or doesn’t have the features needed to sear your steaks or smoke your brisket, keep looking until you find one that brings it all together.
More Awesome Buying Tips
Looking for more Mantelligence buying guides? Check out our recommendations in the links below.
- We found the best shaving products to keep your beard in check.
- If you like sharp objects, check out the best edc knives.
- Bring the cafe to the kitchen with the best espresso machine.
There you have it, a list of the best grills in just about every category. Get your apron and spatula ready, because this summer is all about the grill.