Norell | Oct 11, 2019 | 0
62 Funny Interview Questions – Tips and how to answer them!
Everybody wishes they could ask funny interview questions. Why? Because everyone wants to be able to make an interview as enjoyable as it is informative.
And yet, so many people struggle to merge the interview questions they have to ask to get the right info on the potential hire and the funny questions they want to ask on conversation topics that actually interest them.
We’ve organized all the questions to ask in your interview here that are funny, interesting, and informative. All you’ve got to do is pick the ones that work best for your interview and fire away.
When picking funny interview questions, you want to make sure you’ve got a definite laugh at the end of the question. That’s why we’ve collected these sure-fire questions, where the question and the answer are sure to lighten the mood and crack the smiles.
Here are the 5 best funny interview questions:
1. Why are manholes round?
They’ve never thought of it, but yeah…why is that?
2. If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?
Silly, sure, but this question can also get some really creative answers.
3. If you were a brand, what would your motto be?
Can they give a clever line off the cuff?
4. Would you rather fight one elephant-sized pigeon or 50 pigeon-sized elephants?
Those tiny tusks, man, those would hurt.
5. What would you do if you found a penguin in the freezer?
Get them thinking on their feet…about the silliest thing imaginable.
Perhaps the most useful time to deploy funny interview questions is when you are trying to get at something a little more personal. Using funny get to know you questions, you can put the interviewee at ease, making for a better—and more honest—conversation.
Here are 7 funny get to know you interview questions:
6. Would You Rather Always Say Everything On Your Mind Or Never Speak Again?
Amusing, but it really gets at their conversation style.
7. What Is Your Most Unusual Talent?
You’ll get some really interesting responses to this one.
8. What’s Something I Would Never Guess About You?
Get to the stuff under the surface…or the facade.
9. What’s The Most Useless Product Around Today?
If they’re interviewing for sales or marketing, get them to sell it to you.
10. If You Were Reincarnated As A Famous Landmark, Which Would It Be?
It’s a bizarre question, but you’ll see how imaginative they can be.
11. If You Met A Genie Who Offered You Three Wishes, What Would You Wish For?
They can’t have “more wishes”!
12. What Personality Trait Has Gotten You In The Most Trouble?
Funny here, but good to know later, if you hire them.
Getting personal is a necessary but tricky part of an interview. Some people really struggle to open up in the interview setting. To overcome that, make those personal questions funny. All of the sudden, people start sharing as soon as their laughing.
Here are 4 funny but personal interview questions:
13. How many bowls of cereal do you eat every single day and why aren’t you eating more?
You’ll sniff out the cereal fanatics and cereal phobes right off the bat.
14. How many sandwiches have you eaten off the floor?
Don’t trust anyone who’s answer is in double digits.
15. How violently do you have to fight the urge to scream when you hear the ice cream truck coming?
Get to know whether their inner child is still alive and healthy.
16. How long do you wait after finishing your first plate of food before getting a second plate of food?
A question of decorum, hunger, and competition, all in one.
Finding the right manager can be a lot harder than filling other positions. A manager has to be able to do so much, it’s hard to know who has the right mindset and the right skills.
Solve that problem in the most amusing way but using these interview questions for managers that are absolute belters.
Here are 5 funny interview questions for managers:
17. Does life fascinate you?
A manager has to be curious and invested. This lets you know if they have those qualities.
18. You are in charge of 20 people, organize them to figure out how many bicycles were sold in your area last year.
A fun way to test how well they manage on the fly.
19. Would you rather get an older employee or a young one?
Either answer is fine, it’s all about their reasoning.
20. What if someone asks you to join at “double” the pay we offer?
Test how honest they are, and how much they’re trying to spin you.
21. What is the one thing that you believe to be true that very few others do?
It can be personal, it can be deep—it can be funny—but it will always be a true insight into how they see the world.
Having your interviews over the phone are always tricky. You can’t see the person’s response, which limits how much you can really get to know them. You also can’t put them at ease as easily.
Here are 3 funny phone interview questions: