MNTL Team | May 16, 2019 | 0
49 Funny Pick Up Lines – These are guaranteed to make her laugh!
The answer, in short, is yes …but only when you use them right.
Pick up lines are innately cheesy, silly, and designed to make a girl roll her eyes. If you know that, and embrace it, funny pick up lines can really, actually work …But only if you use your funniest pick up lines. Hilarious pick up lines can work. Anything less will be a dud.
But what makes pick up lines funny? It’s all in that magical combination of surprise, randomness, and cleverness mixed together. That can take a lot of work to craft, so we’ve saved you the trouble by jotting down our funny pickup lines for you.
Just browse through these pick up lines and choose the ones that make you laugh hardest. Chances are, she’ll be laughing right along with you.
When you aren’t sure if you can pull off a funny pick up line, your best option is to let the line do most of the work for you.
These are the best hilarious pick up lines we’ve got, so if you can manage a decent delivery, you’ve got great odds you’ll have her smirking, smiling, laughing, and eager to get closer.
Here are the 8 best funny pick up lines:
1. If I were a cat I’d spend all 9 lives with you.
Corny, sweet, and funny all in one.
2. Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes?
Project that confidence (whether you’ve really got it or not) right off the bat.
3. I guess you can kiss Heaven goodbye. Because it has got to be a sin to look that good.
Perhaps the cutest, funniest way to compliment how she looks.
4. Life without you is like a broken pencil…pointless.
A perfect library or study hall pick up line.
5. Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears.
Get the pacing right on this one, and she’s sure to smile.
6. You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy.
The pun is almost as irresistible as her.
7. Are you from Starbucks because I like you a latte.
Did you catch sight of her carrying a coffee? Try this one out.
8. I want someone to look at me the way I look at chocolate cake.
A bit more self-effacing and unexpected, and a great way to catch her off-guard with how funny you can be.
Look, part of what makes pick up lines funny is that they are cheesy, so the best way to make a pick up line work is to really lean into the cheese.
Use these cheesy pick up lines to show you know how to goof off, have a good time, make her laugh, and still make her feel special.
Here are 7 funny but cheesy pick up lines:
9. Do you want to see a picture of a beautiful person? (hold up a mirror)
Don’t let people fool you. Everyone loves some good, cheesy prop comedy.
10. I must be in a museum, because you truly are a work of art.
The cheesiest, most unique way to tell her you think she’s beautiful.
11. You spend so much time in my mind, I should charge you rent.
An oldie-but-goodie that has lasted so long because it works so well.
12. Hey, girl. Is your name Wi-Fi? Because we have a connection
Catch her working on her laptop at Starbucks? Give this one a shot.
13. I hope you know CPR? Because you take my breath away.
She’ll smile and dismiss it, but every girl wants to hear this.
14. Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend/girlfriend material.
The cheesy twist answer will catch her smiling even if she didn’t intend to.
15. I must be a snowflake, because I’ve fallen for you.
One of the great uses of cheesiness: giving you a little comedic space to show genuine feeling.
Even for those who think pick up lines are dumb, that just means you’ve got to find the best dumb pick up lines to use.
A pick up line is a way of being a bit silly and starting a conversation on a comedic note. Use these dumb pick up lines to show her you don’t mind being a bit stupid if it means it makes her smile.
Here are 7 funny but dumb pick up lines:
16. I know this is going to sound cheesy, but I think you’re the greatest.
Just announce right upfront you’re willing to be a bit of a fool for her.
17. Whaddya say you and me go look for the room of requirement?
It’s only dumb if she doesn’t love Harry Potter as much as you (and if so, forget her!).
18. I must have had some felix felicis. Because I think I’m about to get lucky.
Like the one above, if she’s a Harry Potter fan, she’s going to love this one.
19. Is there an airport nearby or is it my heart taking off?
Just about the dumbest—and cutest—way to say you’ve got a crush.
20. Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living?
Sure, it’s dumb, but it’s also a great invitation to laugh and open a real conversation.
21. Hey, you’re pretty and I’m cute. Together we’d be Pretty Cute.
Confident, silly, complimentary, and just dumb enough to work.
22. You must be a broom, ‘cause you just swept me off my feet.
Even if she’s heard it before, she’s never had someone say it to her.
If you really want to show her that you’re willing to look silly if it means she’ll take you seriously enough to have a chat, go for the cringy pick up lines that almost make her wince they’re so embarrassingly silly.
Once she’s over the cringe, she’ll see that this is a guy who will do anything to get her attention.
Here are 8 funny but cringy pick up lines:
23. You’re hotter than the bottom of my laptop.
Lean on over and say this to her when you’re both studying.
24. Are you a keyboard? Because you are my type.
Chatting online with someone you like? Send this as your next message.
25. Are you a parking ticket? ‘Cause you’ve got fine written all over you.
Sure, she’s rolling her eyes, but she’s also smiling and asking for more.
26. Something’s wrong with my eyes, because I can’t take them off you.
The transition from “ugh” to “aww” is super quick on this one.
27. I’d say God Bless you, but it looks like he already did.
Silly and cringy, sure, but you’ve also just made her feel special in a way no other guy has.
28. Is your body from McDonald’s? Cause I’m lovin’ it!
It’s so bad, it’s actually really really good.
29. Your lips look so lonely…Would they like to meet mine?
You’d be surprised how often this can turn into a quick smooch if played right.
30. Do you like vegetables because I love you from my head tomatoes.
It doesn’t get more cringy, but it also doesn’t get much funnier and charming than this.
A lot of the funny pick up lines above are all about being silly, but there’s another side to the pick up line: it makes you seem adorable.
If you’re looking for as much of a “he’s cute” reaction as a “he’s funny” one, these cute pick up lines are exactly what you’re looking for
Here are 7 funny and cute pick up lines:
31. Hey, my name’s Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?
A super cute way to show her you’re extremely interested.
32. If I had a garden I’d put your tulips and my tulips together.
Cute enough to get quite a few kisses.
33. If you were a vegetable you’d be a cutecumber.
A pun that manages to be less silly and more just downright cute.
34. They say Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. Well apparently, no one has ever been standing next to you.
It’s a line, sure, but it comes across as genuinely sweet.
35. Your hand looks heavy. Here, let me hold it for you.
A cuter way to get that first important touch with a girl you’re chatting with.
36. If you were a triangle you’d be acute one.
Nearly a cringer, but just too cute to get an eye roll.
37. I would flirt with you, but I’d rather seduce you with my awkwardness.
A great way to excuse your nervousness.
It’s rare, but there are certain funny pick up lines that actually make you sound kind of clever. These don’t just require you own the cheesiness, they also include a hint of something cleverer beyond the silly line itself.
Here are 7 funny and clever pick up lines:
38. Kiss me if I’m wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?
You may get a kiss, or a lecture on how birds evolved from dinosaurs.
39. Do you generate electricity with water through the process of hydro power? Because dammmm.
This line is ultra renewable.
40. Do you like science because I’ve got my ion you.
A great line for the particle physicist you’re crushing on.
41. If I were to ask you out on a date, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?
A pretzel question that will have her smiling and trying to find her way out of it.
42. Are you a cat because I’m feline a connection between us.
Is she cute and an animal lover? She’s going to find this plenty clever.
43. Hey, tie your shoes! I don’t want you falling for anyone else.
A great twist on the “I’m falling for you” line used so often.
44. If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?
A clever way to turn this idea into a cute line that’s sure to win her over.
You usually don’t want to hear “that was the worst” after you say something to a girl you like, but when it comes to funny pick up lines, that’s often exactly what you want.
When you’re looking for some of that “it’s so bad it’s good” kind of charm, you should ignore the best and go straight for the worst pick up lines. Just own how bad these lines are, and that will make the funny all the stronger.
Here are 5 worst funny pick up lines:
45. If you were a basketball, I’d never shoot because I’d always miss you.
A line that’s a sure to earn you some points in your favor.
46. Your name must be Coca Cola, because you’re so-da-licious.
Awful…but awfully funny.
47. My feet are getting cold… because you’ve knocked my socks off.
Groan…and then you’ll get that smile you were looking for.
48. On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re a 9… And I’m the 1 you need.
Sure, it’s bad, but she’ll have to admit it’s also pretty clever.
49. I wish I were cross-eyed so I can see you twice.
It’s a bad line, but it’s also really sweet. Let her figure out what to do with that.
More Ways On How To Flirt With A Girl
There’s more to the flirtation game than just having a few funny pick up lines in your pocket. To make sure you have that beautiful girl across the room falling for you as hard as you’ve fallen for her, browse through all of these articles:
- Find out how to flirt with a girl over text so you can keep her interested, no matter the distance.
- Get to know how to approach girls so you can use those great lines.
- Move beyond lines by learning how to talk to girls for hours and beyond.
- Not into lines after all? Discover the secrets in how to start a conversation with a girl that gets beyond pick up jokes.
- Not sure how she feels? There are signs a girl is flirting with you that will let you know.
There’s a ton of funny pick up lines above, and at this point, you probably feel like you’ve got more than enough to work with.
However, just because you’ve got the lines, that doesn’t mean you can easily pull them off. To get the lines right, and make sure she takes them the right way, you’ve got to make sure you’re using the lines the right way.
To help you with that, just follow these 6 steps, and you’ll know how to make a girl a laugh right away.
Here is how to use a funny pick up line:
1. Decide What Kind of Pick Up Line Guy You Are
We’ve got a lot of great and funny pick up lines above, but they really speak to different impressions you’re trying to give off.
To make sure your lines are successful, you need to know what impression you want to give her, and to do that, you have to know how you see yourself. Are you a goof? A shy but clever guy? A secret lothario?
Decide that, and then pick the lines that emphasize the right qualities and impressions.
2. Decide How You Hope She Reacts
Just as important as the impress you want to give, you need to know what impression you hope she responds with. There’s nothing wrong with her rolling her eyes, or smiling, or laughing hysterically. They’re all good reactions you can work with, but you need to know which you’re hoping for.
3. Build Up Some Confidence
One thing that can sink even the best pick up lines: a lack of confidence. Part of what makes a pick up line work, when it works, is that it takes a lot of confidence to think you can get away using these cheesy lines to get a cute girl’s attention.
If you aren’t naturally confident, take some time building up the appearance of confidence. If you can get the line out with that aura of confidence, you’re far more likely to get her interested.
4. Work on Your Delivery
Along with confidence, funny pick up lines require a bit of comedic timing. If there’s a question and answer, you can’t just rush from one part to the next. That ruins the effect.
Practice your lines to make sure you hit the beats at the right moment. A good telling can turn a really awful line into a really successful one. So, if you’ve got a great line, just imagine how well it’ll land if you tell it well.
5. Get Comfortable Recovering from Failure
A successful pick up line does not necessarily lead to her inviting you to her table and asking you out for a date. Sometimes, a successful line is one that fails. Getting a line to work requires you to know how to react to her reaction.
When she hates the line, hit her up with an interesting question or an interesting fact. A failed line may actually lead to a great conversation, but only if you respond in the right way.
6. Be Ready to Jump Into a Conversation
Likewise, even if your line lands, and she laughs, that doesn’t mean the job is done. You need to be ready to transition from the laugh into a conversation. So, prepare yourself with some of those questions, facts, or conversation topics, so that you can take advantage of her attention.
There are plenty of pick up lines out there, but the truth is, most of them are duds. To really get them to work, you need to master the art of funny pick up lines that actually land the reaction you’re looking for.
And to do that, you’ve got to understand why a pick up line works, if it works. This goes beyond trying to figure out “do pick up lines work?” To make a line work you, you’ve got to know what it’s doing, and what you have to do.
The funniest pick up lines don’t just work because they’re funny on paper, they’re work because they make you look good (goofy, laid back, confident, inviting) and make her amused all at once. In other words, what makes pick up lines funny is the line plus how you use it.
With the above funny pickup lines, you’ve got plenty of great material to work with, and you now have a good idea how to turn those words into hilarious pick up lines using a bit of confidence and good timing.
If you want to use pick up lines as a way to figure out how to flirt with a girl, the answers are all here for you. So, pick your lines, get practicing, get flirting, and go get the girl.