MNTL Team | Feb 18, 2019 | 0
111 Funny Questions to Ask a Girl – Ignite a conversation with humor.
Every guy needs to know funny questions to ask a girl… because:
The problem is, we can’t all be Stephen Colbert. So how can we normal people use some humour into a conversation?
It turns out a bit of light-hearted comedic banter is doable for just about anyone. All you need is a bit of prep that focuses on the questions to ask a girl.
Why are we focusing on questions? Because the fact is, a conversation that is upbeat will flow more freely and give you more opportunities to laugh. By starting with the questions to ask, you can engineer the conversation to be upbeat and cheery.
So that you are never short on questions and conversation starters, here’s a cheat sheet with 111 awesome and original funny questions to ask a girl.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
First things first. If you want to have a light-hearted conversation with a girl, you need some funny conversation starters that will take things in the right direction. No matter what happens in any given moment, you can always start afresh or take things a new way if you have some conversation starters ready to go.
Here are 16 great funny conversation starters with a girl/girlfriend:
1. Would you rather be fluent in all languages or be a master of every musical instrument?
Choose between the language of nations or the language of the soul, it’s a thought-provoking conversation starter that is sure to crack a smile.
2. What cartoon do you still like to watch?
Everyone still does it, so show what you have in common in a playful way. And The Simpsons is for adults so doesn’t count. We’re talking about cartoons that you just can’t let go.
3. What was your favorite fairy tale growing up?
Conversation starters that are both funny and have a hint of nostalgia will create a connection between you both.
4. If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why?
As the saying goes, ‘you are what you eat’. Well let’s take that a step further.
5. If you worked at a circus, which job would you want to have?
This question offers the chance to see what she’s more interested in (Acrobatics? Animals? Humour?) in a light-hearted way.
6. If you could have one magical power, what would it be?
More to this question than meets the eye (or ear). Will it be a power for good or for bad? Better you know sooner rather than later.
7. One superpower?
Invisible or fly? You can learn a lot about whether someone is introverted or extroverted based on what they answer here.
8. Would you rather live in a world of magic or superheros?
You might spot a theme here but it’s with good reason. Magic and superheroes are great fodder for funny and light-hearted banter and contemplating how they compare brings out the inner child in us all.
9. What do you think you were in a past life?
Bring the mystique and the spiritual into the conversation. Evangelists, atheists and everyone in between can have fun with this.
10. If reincarnation exists, what would you like to come back as?
Follow up with what she thinks she will come back as. It’s also a helpful way to find about any skeletons in her closet.
11. Would you rather have more money or more time?
Ok, let’s get real. This question reveals what is truly important to you both.
12. Would you rather drink 1 gallon of ketchup or 1 gallon of mustard?
You know that look in someone’s face when a thought is both repelling but alluring? You will after asking this.
13. Would you rather permanently look like a fish or smell like a fish?
Evoke the senses. Not necessarily good ones.
14. If you could pick a new first name, what would it be?
An interesting path for the follow-up: a lot more people legally change their name than you might think.
15. If animals were to make wildlife documentaries about humans, what are some of the weird things they’d show?
For exampe: we bare our teeth when we’re happy and slap our hands together to signal approval.
16. How does our hair know when to stop growing?
Even the best comedians prepare their jokes in advance, so it pays to be set with some of the best funny questions to ask a girl.
Here are the 13 best funny questions to ask a girl:
17. If you could have been a child prodigy what would you have wanted to be skilled at?
This is assuming that she was not a child prodigy already.
18. What’s the first thing you’d do if you were in zero gravity?
If the answer has to do with attempting to go to the toilet, this is a girl who is funny and comfortable laughing at own expense.
19. Would you do well in a zombie apocalypse?
It is coming, after all.
20. What one skill would help you the most?
This one could go big or small. Putting together IKEA furniture? Remembering people’s names? Finding a cure for cancer? Be ready for anything.
21. Would you rather have someone special bring you breakfast in bed tomorrow morning or be able to sleep in as late as you want?
We’re getting flirtatious here so this is one to use when you are both relaxed. Make sure you don’t come across as though you’re taking notes.
22. If you could max out your credit card at one store, and not pay the bill, which store would you choose?
Put this little morsel of information in your pocket for a rainy day.
23. Which would you pick: being a supermodel, a genius, or super rich?
The most revealing question of all time but only if you follow up with why. You can yearn to be super rich for more altruistic reasons than wanting to be a genius.
24. Would you ever be on a reality TV show?
If she says yes and it’s The Bachelorette, you are not her only date this week.
25. If you could be on the cover of any magazine which one would you choose?
The hierarchy of magazines is in the eye of the beholder. TIME or Sports Illustrated? No judgment here.
26. Would you rather spend the next year exempt from all taxes or have a one month paid vacation?
This might be a roundabout way of asking what she likes to spend her money on.
27. Which fictional character do you believe is most like yourself?
This will inevitably lead to talking about the book or movie, so a great question for more conversation.
28. What is the most annoying personality trait someone can have?
If her response is people who ask questions, think about getting the check.
29. Which bread do you think would fly furthest – naan thrown like a frisby, or a baguette thrown like a javelin?
Welcome to the edible Olympics.
As fate would have it, talking to a girl you actually like is the time when you’re most likely to freeze and not know what to say. So keep some questions to ask a girl you like up your sleeve, so that you will never be stuck for something interesting to say.
Here are 10 funny questions to ask a girl you really like:
30. What is your weirdest deal breaker?
The more ordinary, the weirder. Could eating your peas one at a time be a deal breaker?
31. If you had to smell like a specific food for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
No matter how good food smells, it’s never a good smell on a person.
32. If you could have a mythical creature as your protector, which would you choose?
Does Falkor from Neverending Story make you shed a tear? If so, avoid this question until you’re ready to cry in front of her (and there is nothing wrong with that, by the way).
33. Would you rather have a horrible short term memory or a horrible long term memory?
This could lead to a casual chat about forgetting people’s names, or go deeper and contemplate the most meaningful memories in life.
34. Would you rather go 30 days without your phone or your entire life without dessert?
If she answers this one quickly, this girl knows who she is and what she wants in life.
35. What is the most outrageous thing you’ve ever worn to a dress-up party?
And a follow-up: what themed party are you dying to have?
36. Prince or Michael Jackson?
This question can end friendships. Tread carefully.
37. Which was the coolest decade?
This is a tough one. The fifties produced The Fonz. The sixties,Austin Powers. The nineties is everything cool from hip hop to grunge. Be ready for a long conversation.
38. Would you rather eat everything as a sandwich or a quesadilla?
Good to know if you ever attempt to cook.
39. If you could get away with a crime, would you?
Playful and curious. With a natural follow up – what would that be?
Here are 12 of the best funny question to get to know a girl:
40. Do you have any ridiculous goals in life?
Ridiculously ambitious, crazy or weird? It could be all three.
41. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
If she has a wild side, this will reveal it.
42. Be honest, have you ever chased down an ice cream truck as an adult?
She will laugh at this one. Laugh along and then say, ‘No, but seriously.’
43. Would you rather reverse one decision you make every day or be able to stop time for 2 minutes every day?
Be ready to go deep and meaningful. Regrets? We’ve all had a few.
44. What do you most remember about your first day of school?
After all, a kindergarten class resembles a lunatic asylum, only cuter.
45. Would you rather not be able to text for a year or have to hand write every text for the rest of your life?
It’s always fun giving a person a choice between bad and worse.
46. Would you rather have to eat mac and cheese once a day, or never be able to eat it again?
This is a ‘droughts or flooding rains’ analogy. Except the stakes are higher with mac and cheese.
47. First thing you do when you get up in the morning?
Depending on her response, this won’t necessarily be a laugh-out-loud one. But definitely a question to get to know her better.
48. What would you do if you could be invisible for one day?
Will she use her powers for good or evil?
49. Which is the funniest pick-up line that has been used on you?
Hopefully it wasn’t one of yours.
50. Would you rather spend $5,000 on traveling or on a physical item, like a TV?
This gets to the heart of our values in life – things or experiences?
51. What is your go-to karoke song?
There’s only one way to find out if she’s telling the truth.
Keeping the spark alive is one of the hardest parts of a relationship. Use these questions to ask your girlfriend to keep things interesting.
Here are 9 great funny questions to ask your girlfriend:
52. What’s the most useless talent you have?
Whatever she says, marvel at it.
53. Who’s the weirdest celebrity crush you’ve ever had?
A playful way to talk about sexual chemistry is always a winner.
54. What mildly annoying curse do you wish you could curse people with?
The ‘mild’ part of this question is tantalising and can be toyed with for hours. Fake pockets in your jeans? Always having to go to the toilet after they’re already in bed?
55. Would you rather be completely alone for 5 years or never be alone for 5 years?
Either way, it’s complicated.
56. What would be the absolute worst name you could give your child?
A judge in New Zealand ruled that a child could not be named Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii.
57. Would you rather have a conversation with God or be best friends with your favorite celebrity?
Be ready for a potential loophole if she doesn’t believe God exists.
58. Did you have an imaginary friend as a child?
Be careful. He could return. Just ask Drop Dead Fred.
59. What is the most useful profession your next door neighbor could have?
Doctor? Plumber?IT guy? It’s a sign of the times we’re living in.
60. What’s the worst excuse you’ve ever used for calling in sick to work?
Want to preserve her image? Ask what she’s ‘heard’, rather than ‘used’.
Here are 9 funny questions to ask a girl over text:
61. If you could go anywhere in the world, for just 1 minute, where would you choose?
This is a funny question with a hint of romance. Keep it in mind for when you want to whisk her away.
62. Who would be the worst person to be stuck on an elevator with?
The answer can be a particular person, or any person with a particular quality. Yes, smelliness included.
63. Who would you rather fight, a ninja or a navy seal?
Bring out the fighter within her. Bonus points for a demonstration of moves.
64. Superman or batman?
The ultimate face-off. You may need to agree to disagree.
65. 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?
Try imagining 100 duck sized horses without squealing.
66. What fictional place would you most like to go?
Narnia, Hogwarts, Gotham City. Here’s a question that can lead to hours of fun if you get into the details.
67. Would you rather control space or time?
This existential question is your chance to slip into the conversation how you thoroughly enjoyed reading Stephen Hawking’s A Brief History of Time. You have read it, right?
68. If you could be any Disney character, who would you be?
There is more to this question than meets the eye. Will she say a hero or a villain? A funny sidekick or the star?
69. Why do you think Jack a nickname for John, when they’re both exactly the same length?
One of those mysteries of life.
One way to ask personal questions is with humor.
We have a whole article dedicated to personal questions to ask anyone you come across.
The funny, but personal questions to ask a girl you like we’ve listed below will help you get comfortable with asking personal questions.
They’re meant to make her laugh so be sure to have fun with them!
Here are 10 funny, but personal questions to ask a girl you like:
70. Have You Ever Had A Crush On An Animated Character?
Sometimes a character is written so well, you don’t care that they’re not real.
71. What are you most afraid of?
Pretty much any fear can be boiled down to the fear of the unknown/death. Think about what you’re afraid of. Why are you afraid of it?
72. What’s your dumbest pet-peeve?
No pet peeve is dumb. The people who partake in my pet peeves on the other hand…
73. What would people hear if they could read your mind?
An inner dialogue with no reasoning or comprehensible basis? Or something a little more calm?
74. What is the weirdest nickname people call you?
Everyone deserves a good nickname.
75. What’s your favorite joke?
Memorize a few jokes to tell in social settings. Especially if they’re bad.
76. Tell me about the most embarrassing or awkward experience you’ve had around me *even if it’s silly* that you’ve never told me about yet?
Obviously this only works for someone you’ve known for some time but the answer might surprise you!
77. How do you handle people you don’t like?
Knowing how a woman handles people she doesn’t like will give you a pretty good idea of how she’ll behave toward you when you make her mad!
78. If you suddenly found yourself turned into a man, how would you spend your day?
This is a good way to guide the conversation towards more sexual topics.
79. If you were a waiter and a customer was being rude, would you spit in their food?
The fact that this is a question is a good reason to always be kind to everyone you meet.
There will come a time when you want to go beyond the superficial laughs and get a more profound sense of a girl.
In these situations, knowing some deep questions to ask a girl is a great way to strike both notes at once – being light-hearted and funny, yet deep at the same time. Not all of them are laugh out loud moments, but they are certainly amusing.
And if you already have a girlfriend, these questions are just as relevant for you. They are original and inquisitive enough to also be deep questions to ask your girlfriend, to help you get to know her better.
Here are 12 funny, but deep questions to ask a girl:
80. Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?
You want to ask this question with a bit of sensitivity. Laughing out loud about amputation is not exactly politically correct. But tease it out and see how it goes. It’s a good way to test whether you share a similar sense of humour.
81. If the world was going to end tomorrow, what 3 things would you want to do right now?
Be prepared for a disarmingly honest reply. This will reveal what matters to her the most.
82. In 40 years what do you think you’ll be most nostalgic about?
This is deep and meaningful territory and especially relevant for the girlfriend conversations. Whatever her answer is, suggest that you savour it together.
83. What kid’s movie terrifies you?
Nothing to be ashamed of here.
84. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Asking what friends and family would think is a good mind puzzle, and often more revealing than what you think about yourself.
85. If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be?
And is it already tattooed to a place you cannot see?
86. When you were a child, did you ever run away from home?
This is a closed question so be ready with your follow-up: where did you go? What did you take with you? If the answer was no, did it ever occur to you?
87. Would you rather end hunger or hatred?
Both options appeal to the humanitarian in us all.
88. Would you rather experience the beginning of planet earth or the end of planet earth?
We might be doing the latter from our colonies on Mars.
89. Would you rather live in space or under the sea?
Space might seem a lot more adventurous, but here’s an interesting fact to pop in – humans have not even explored five percent of the ocean.
90. If you could trade lives with anyone for a day who would it be and why?
To know somebody, we must walk a mile in their shoes. That’s why we all want to understand people with really nice shoes.
91. What’s the most pain you’ve ever been in?
If she says childbirth and you weren’t expecting it, keep your poker face.
The best thing about a would you rather question is how easy it is to setup a funny situation. When you want to have some funny questions to ask a girl, these are perhaps the best ones to use.
Making would you rather questions funny is pretty easy, once you get the hang of it. Present a few ridiculous choices, and then, of course, make her choose.
Once you’ve mastered these, your conversation game with a girl is almost bulletproof.
Here are 14 funny would you rather questions to ask a girl:
92. Would you rather go bright purple when embarrassed or sweat so much you soak your clothes?
See how much she blushes at either idea when you put it like that.
93. Would you rather be constantly itchy or constantly sticky?
One of these probably really irritates her. Good for a giggle, just getting her thinking about it.
94. Would you rather have your brain transplanted into a robot’s body or an animal’s body of your choice?
A fun one for a girl you think might be into a little sci-fi or fantasy.
95. Would you rather have to say all your sentences backwards or have to communicate through charades for a week?
Try out a conversation doing both after she answers.
96. Would you rather have no eyebrows or the hair of a troll doll?
She’ll have a good laugh at these potential style choices.
97. Would you rather be forced to wear clown costumes for the rest of your life or actually have clown-sized feet and a red nose but be able to dress normally?
The sheer oddity of the choice will get her laughing, then press on to find out how she’d hide her new massive, clown feet.
98. Would you rather eat a whole plate of your least favorite vegetable or lose the ability to taste anything for a week?
Find out just how much she hates asparagus.
99. Would you rather never be able to listen to your favorite band again or be forced to only listen to your favorite band for the rest of your life?
If she’s a massive fan of one band, she’ll have an answer in a heartbeat. Just pray it isn’t Nickelback.
100. Would you rather only eat donuts for a week or eat a whole cake in one sitting?
How would she prefer to have her too much of a good thing? It’s also a great set up for her to offer to do both.
101. Would you rather participate in dance reality show or fear factor?
This one sets up a great chance to move on to some amusing dares depending on her answer.
102. Would you rather eat 3 pounds of cheese or 10 full peanut butter jars with no water?
Get a good “eww” reaction from her with this one.
103. Would you rather eat everything with chopsticks or with your bare hands?
Have fun getting her to eat fries with chopsticks later.
104. Would you rather wear full scuba gear 24/7 for a year or go to a funeral dressed as Darth Vader?
Vader, obviously. If she chooses anything else, you don’t want to know her.
105. Would you rather be a clumsy ninja or a wizard with amnesia?
A great introduction to talking about people who are just plain bad at their jobs.
Whether you’re hanging out with the love of your life or a new friend, coming up with funny dares for girls isn’t always easy. After all, the ridiculous dares you do with your buddies aren’t always the most charming option when you’re with the fairer sex.
These truth or dare questions are geared towards women, but you can still use them with your guy friends with equally hilarious results. You can also modify them as needed to fit your situation and company.
Women respond to humor, so don’t underestimate these dares as a flirting technique. You may be surprised by how deeply you can connect with someone in the silliest of scenarios.
Here are 6 of the best funny dares to ask a girl:
106. Let the person to your left do your makeup.
If you don’t have any makeup handy, some markers should do the trick just fine.
107. Trade clothes with the person next to you.
You can keep your undies.
108. Silently do the Macarena.
Make your silent interpretation of the dance as solemn and, ideally, as anguished as possible.
109. Tell me something you don’t want me to know.
This one is like a choose your own adventure, and the ending is never good.
110. Make every person in the group smile, keep going until everyone has cracked a smiled.
This could take a while…
111. Try to juggle 2 or 3 items of the group’s choosing.
No knives, chainsaws, or power tools of any kind.
Tip #1: Keep It Light-Hearted
You don’t need her to be laughing so much she feels like she’s with with a professional comedian. In fact, not being too funny will help you to recognise whether or not she likes you. This is because a girl who likes you should want to laugh. So you’ll be able to get a better idea of how she feels if your jokes are simply light-hearted, rather than absolutely hilarious.
Tip #2: Play to your strengths
You know what your own ‘comedic’ strengths are. They might be the quirky ideas or talking about a particular subject matter. Superheroes or politics? Whatever it is, pick questions that you can follow up on.
Tip #3: Relax
These questions only work if they appear to be spontaneous and relaxed. So don’t try to hard. Not only will she pick up on it, you need to enjoy the experience yourself.
Tip #4: Read the room
Different types of questions might suit different people and moments. For example, posing an ‘either/or’ question to a girl who doesn’t talk or is nervous could lead to a dead end. In these cases, you’d likely be better off asking an open-ended question.
Tip #5: Play with your delivery
The delivery of a joke is the way that you express it. Sometimes, a manner that is dry and deadpan will work like a charm. Other times a cheeky or enthusiastic style will get more of a reaction from the audience. Read the room and play with what works. And remember, most importantly, have fun.
Downloadable List of Funny Questions to Ask a Girl
Here is a downloadable list of funny questions to ask a girl (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Funny Questions to Ask a Girl
There are enough questions here to get you through a lifetime of artful conversation making. But if you’re looking for more, I’ve got the places for you.
- These funny get to know you questions are the perfect way to dig a little deeper, without coming across like a private investigator.
- When it comes to banter, you cannot beat would you rather questions. They are obscure, they are original and they are hilarious.
- Finally, when you’re ready to ask some more erudite questions that are more revealing, take a look at these interesting questions to ask a girl.
You’re ready! With these 111 unique, funny questions to ask a girl, you will never be short of a conversation opener again.
Remember: if you’re feeling nervous or shy, have a few of these questions to ask handy. They will help you keep the conversation flowing and make sure things are light-hearted. Once you get the hang of it, I have no doubt that you’ll be coming up with your own funny questions to ask on the spot.