Seth | Apr 11, 2019 | 0
120 Impossible Would You Rather Questions – The only list you’ll need.
Would you rather questions are one quite possibly the greatest developments of the 20th century.
Because if you’re looking for questions to ask to pass the time, it’s hard to beat them. Taking turns asking would you rather questions is a classic, timeless game that’s not only surprisingly fun, but also versatile and usable in virtually any social situation.
Whether you’re trying to make one person laugh, getting to know a group better, or you just feel like tormenting someone with some of life’s most difficult conundrums, these questions are sure to be a hit.
And pro tip: they’re also a blast on long car rides.
But a word of warning: once you start asking would you rather questions, it’s incredibly difficult to stop (and stop from them getting more and more extreme)!
These would you rather conversation starters are perfect when you feel like chatting, but you’d rather keep the conversation easy.
Because they give the other person a very specific topic to think about and discuss, they’re perfect for igniting a discussion that doesn’t require too much critical thought. Sometimes you just want to keep it simple.
They’re super random, and there’s nothing wrong with that. After all, discussing the weather gets old fast.
Here are 18 great would you rather conversation starters:
1. Would you rather give up breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
You can also discuss whether or not brunch or “linner” are allowable loopholes.
2. Would you rather have to wear formal attire or pajamas every day?
Are you more of a dinner party or slumber party kind of person?
3. Would you rather have to sit all day or stand all day?
Both get old fast.
4. Would you rather be a master of every musical instrument or be fluent in every language?
How do you prefer to communicate with the world? Verbally or musically?
5. Would you rather super sensitive taste or super sensitive hearing?
Both have their pros and cons. Discuss.
6. Would you rather be a famous director or a famous actor?
Do you like to be the star or be in control?
7. Would you rather be able to go to any theme park in the world for free for the rest of your life or eat for free at any fast food restaurant for the rest of your life?
Do you prefer to puke from rides or burgers?
8. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
And how would you find relief?
9. Would you rather be an Olympic gold medalist or a Nobel Peace Prize winner?
This question shows whether the other person values physical or mental prowess more.
10. Would you rather live in a cave or live in a tree house?
Discuss decorations, locations, and amenities.
11. Would you rather have x-ray vision or bionic hearing?
See all or hear all?
12. Would you rather be a deep-sea diver or an astronaut?
13. Would you rather be attacked by a giant snake or an angry piranha?
And how would you fight back?
14. Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible?
Two classic wishes. What would you do with your powers?
15. Would you rather visit the moon or go on an all-expenses-paid vacation anywhere on Earth?
The moon doesn’t have much to offer as far as attractions, but it’s the moon.
16. Would you rather your only means of transportation be a horse or a dirt bike?
Both are impractical yet super fun.
17. Would you rather win $10,000 or let your best friend win $100,000?
Would you let greed take over? Would they share?
18. Would you rather only be able to hunt or grow your food?
Take it back to the days before grocery stores.
When it comes to would you rather questions, funny ones are often the most memorable.
Putting yourselves in these imaginary situations gets the imagination juices flowing. It gives both of you a chance to flex your creativity muscles and bounce scenarios off each other. These questions are pure fun and hilarity. Plus, humor is one of the most powerful tools for bonding with someone.
A lot of these questions force you to choose between the lesser of two evils. Expect lots of face-palming, cringing, and, and sighs of dissatisfaction. Feel free to try to negotiate loopholes or suggest compromises.
Here are 18 of the best funny would you rather questions:
19. Would you rather have hands that kept growing as you got older or feet that kept growing as you got older?
Either way you’re going to need to hire an appendage carrier.
20. Would you rather go bald or be forever cursed to have terrible haircuts?
Side question: what’s your favorite type of hat?
21. Would you rather have edible spaghetti hair that regrows every night or sweat maple syrup?
And how would you fend off hungry animals?
22. Would you rather live in a giant desert or a giant dessert?
One home is more delicious than the other, but both get sticky.
23. Would you rather eat a sandwich made from 4 ingredients in your fridge chosen at random or eat a sandwich made by a group of your friends from 4 ingredients in your fridge?
How much do you trust your friends, and when was the last time you cleaned your fridge?
24. Would you rather have no eyebrows or only one eyebrow?
Discuss whether drawn-on eyebrows are allowed.
25. Would you rather be born with an elephant trunk or a giraffe neck?
Both would be terribly inconvenient.
26. Would you rather have a 6-pack (abs) or a free 6-pack of beer every night?
One would definitely affect the other.
27. Would you rather smell like cat pee for the rest of your life, or smell cat pee every day for the rest of your life?
Talk about a lose-lose situation.
28. Would you rather have a tarantula or a lobster as a bed mate?
And, yes, you have to sleep in that bed every night.
29. Would you rather have wet socks on your feet for a year or dry socks on your hands for a year?
Who knew socks could be so intrusive?
30. Would you rather have every song you heard turn into a Justin Bieber song, or have every movie you watched turn into a Shrek movie?
Feel free to substitute the other person’s least favorite artist/movie.
31. Would you rather have a dog that could hum or a cat who could whistle?
Which would drive you up the wall faster?
32. Would you rather sneeze once every hour on the hour or burp every time you saw an attractive guy/girl?
The burp would be a belch — no hiding it.
33. Would you rather be a millionaire moron or a broke brainiac?
This question funny, but it also gets to the root of what’s more important — money or smarts.
34. Would you rather eat mayonnaise out of the jar for breakfast every day, or apply it to all of your skin three times per day?
And you can only shower once per day in the morning.
35. Would you rather eat all of your hair knowing it would grow back or never grow hair again?
Sounds like a hairy situation.
36. Would you rather look like Jar Jar Binks or sound like Jar Jar Binks?
Which of Star Wars’ most endearing and beloved character’s features do you adore most?
These questions can get a little dark at times, so you may want to save them for someone you know well, or at least for someone who’s a good sport. Some of them are just straight-up hilariously twisted.
Feel free to modify these to fit specific situations in your lives. Sometimes the more you relate to them, the harder they get!
Here are 20 of the best hard would you rather questions:
37. Would you rather be rich or be poor and find true love?
38. Would you rather be stuck on an island alone or with someone who talks incessantly?
And, no, you can’t shut them up.
39. Would you rather take a guaranteed $100,000 or a 50/50 chance at $1,000,000?
To gamble or not to gamble, that is the question.
40. Would you rather be locked in a room that is constantly dark for a week or a room that is constantly bright for a week?
41. Would you rather be poor and work at a job you love or be rich and work at a job you hate?
Another question that touches on the relation between money and happiness.
42. Would you rather be blind or not be able to talk for the rest of your life?
You can also discuss other senses too.
43. Would you rather have no sense of smell or smell everything near you as though it were right in front of your nose?
Don’t forget that your sense of smell affects your sense of taste.
44. Would you rather save the life of someone that you’re close to or save the lives of 5 random strangers?
Try to make that impossible decision.
45. Would you rather have 1 wish granted today or 3 wishes granted 5 years from now?
And what would those wishes be?
46. Would you rather be homeless or live without family and friends?
How long could you get away with being the guy on the couch?
47. Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs?
You could live without both, but at what cost?
48. Would you rather have no fingers or no eyes?
Either option is going to make life more difficult.
49. Would you rather eat a box of dry spaghetti noodles or a cup of uncooked rice?
This one is funny, but that doesn’t make it any less difficult to choose.
50. Would you rather live forever or die in the next five minutes?
Living forever may seem nice at first, but what if you’re immortal and you get trapped somewhere and can’t escape?
51. Would you rather cut off one of your fingers or pay $5,000 of your own money for the person you hate most to go on a spa vacation?
This question really shows you how much someone hates their nemesis.
52. Would you rather be reincarnated as a fly or just cease to exist after you die?
Is a life as a fly worth living at all?
53. Would you rather have to say whatever comes to mind immediately or never be able to speak again?
Both make communication a chore.
54. Would you rather spend the rest of your life being itchy or being tickled?
55. Would you rather have no elbows or no knees?
It’s easy to take flexibility for granted.
56. Would you rather be able to change the past or see into the future?
Discuss which would lead to the overall betterment of humanity and society as a whole.
Just because these questions are G-rated doesn’t mean they won’t make your heads spin. Clean doesn’t equal easy.
Whether you’re shooting the breeze with a co-worker, babysitting your younger sibling, or trying to make the girl you’re dating think you’re a class act, these would you rather questions are sure to come in handy.
Here are 13 of the best clean would you rather questions:
57. Would you rather live without music or without TV?
This is a nice surface-level that makes you think about which types of media you prefer.
58. Would you rather eat your favorite meal for every meal for the rest of your life or never be able to eat your favorite meal again?
It all comes down to how much they love their favorite meal.
59. Would you rather wear clown shoes every day or a clown wig every day?
Hey, you can choose both if clowning around on the regular sounds pretty sweet to you.
60. Would you rather play video games or go on an outdoor adventure?
Would you prefer to explore worlds from your couch or the Earth on your feet?
61. Would you rather do a cross country trip in a car or a train?
Other options include motorcycles, bicycles, airplanes, and hitch-hiking.
62. Would you rather live in perpetual summer heat or perpetual winter?
And how would you change your life to fit your new permanent climate?
63. Would you rather watch comedies or action movies for the rest of your life?
This is a simple question that actually says a lot about the person.
64. Would you rather go camping or go to Las Vegas?
Big city or nature? Both have plenty to offer.
65. Would you rather be famous for athletic skills or singing/acting?
The stage or the field? Where would you prefer to be worshiped?
66. Would you rather eat tacos or pizza?
Please don’t make me choose…
67. Would you rather get up early or stay up late?
Would you rather be the early bird or the night owl?
68. Would you rather be able to jump incredibly high or run incredibly fast?
Either way you’re going to be an Olympic star.
69. Would you rather never be able to eat cold food or never be able to eat hot food?
Discuss favorite foods you’d be forced to give up.
Don’t be afraid to get into good-natured arguments over the answers. These questions can lead to lasting inside jokes.
Here are 11 of the best would you rather questions for girls:
70. Would you rather dump someone else or be the person getting dumped?
Neither experience is fun. Which is worse?
71. Would you rather hang with a few friends or go to big party?
Is she more of a homebody or a party animal?
72. Would you rather have many good friends or one very best friend?
This question helps you to understand her view on popularity and social dynamics.
73. Would you rather eat fast food on all of your dates with a person you like or eat at 5-star restaurants with a person you dislike?
This question provides some insight into her dating preferences and requirements.
74. Would you rather have adventure or relaxation?
Is her ideal day spent exploring the mountains or watching Netflix and eating takeout?
75. Would you rather be an amazing dancer or an amazing singer?
To make this question even more fun, whichever she chooses, she’s awful at the other. And she must perform on Broadway that night.
76. Would you rather have fame and fortune or love and wisdom?
Which are more important to her?
77. Would you rather go to the beach for the day or go to the mountains for the day?
Either way, you have an idea for your next date.
78. Would you rather have a child who is smart or a child who is kind?
Yes, the smart child would be mean, and the kind child would be, well, not at the top of the class.
79. Would you rather find your soul mate or have your dream job?
Love or career? This may be an important question if you’re on a date.
80. Would you rather never be able to wear makeup or only be able to wear one color for the rest of your life?
Talk about a fashion emergency.
If you’ve never played “would you rather” with your buds, you’re missing out. It’s one of the easiest ways to get some laughs and enjoy some comradery.
These questions to ask a guy are geared towards guys, but plenty of them would work for girls too. Guys get each other. That’s why these questions are awesome — they’re naturally going to hit home for both of you.
At the same time, your answers aren’t always going to be the same. Use these questions gain new perspectives, or just to try to figure out what in the world is going in your friends’ brains. Either way it’s a win-win.
Here are 14 of the best would you rather questions for guys:
81. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Both bring glory and esteem. Which section of the history books would you like to inhabit?
82. Would you rather look weak and actually be strong or look strong and actually be weak?
Is the illusion of power better than the real thing?
83. Would you rather work really hard at an interesting job or slack off at a boring job?
84. Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again?
This question helps you to understand whether they’re more of a chiller or a go-getter.
85. Would you rather be the worst player on the best team or the best player on a great team?
Is he willing to share the glory?
86. Would you rather never play or play but always lose?
They say it’s not about winning or losing, but how you play. Is that true?
87. Would you rather be a vegetarian or only be able to eat meat?
Think long-term for this one.
88. Would you rather give up watching TV / movies for a year or give up playing games for a year?
Either way you’re going to spend less time on the couch.
89. Would you rather Have a Lamborghini in your garage or a bookcase with 9,000 books and infinite knowledge?
Would you rather cruise the streets in style or be the closest thing to a wizard possible?
90. Would you rather be a character in an action-packed thriller or a romantic comedy?
Either way, you’re probably going to end up getting the girl.
91. Would you rather go deep sea diving or sky diving?
This is a great question for the adrenaline junkies out there.
92. Would you rather live in a utopia as a normal person or in a dystopia but you are the supreme ruler?
This question can lead to endless conversation about what you would to do either gain power or improve society.
93. Would you rather have a happy marriage or a one-night-stand with your dream girl?
94. Would you rather be able to control water or fire?
You can throw wind into the mix if you want to make it even tougher.
These questions can shed some light into your partner’s feelings, or they can just be a fun way to pass the time on a road trip.
Here are 12 of the best would you rather questions for couples:
95. Would you rather be a parent or a child?
Both jobs aren’t easy.
96. Would you rather go forward or back in time?
You can’t change the past, but you can revisit it.
97. Would you rather take an action-packed European vacation or spend two weeks at the same Caribbean resort?
This question helps you to understand if she’s more of a leisure or adventure person.
98. Would you rather spend $5,000 on traveling or on a luxury item such as jewelry?
This question makes you think about what’s more rewarding: experiences or possessions.
99. Would you rather go to a fancy, expensive restaurant or a cheaper relaxed atmosphere where the food is equally good?
Is eating out more about the food or the environment?
100. Would you rather save up money for a house or for travelling?
This question helps you to learn about each other’s future plans and goals.
101. Would you rather have an elaborate, expensive wedding or a small, private wedding?
Don’t ask this question unless the relationship is getting serious.
102. Would you rather plan out our vacation yourself or let me do all the planning?
A surprise trip can be a treat, but maybe she’d prefer to have some say in it.
103. Would you rather live in the country or live in the city?
This is another question that offers insight into each other’s long-term dreams.
104. Would you rather be caught cheating or catch me cheating?
This is a hilariously difficult and evil question. Make sure you’re in a good place in your relationship, otherwise the answers could go sour fast.
105. Would you rather go on a long drive or a long walk?
Either way, you should take her out for her preferred adventure.
106. Would you rather take a vow of silence or a vow of celibacy?
Don’t give your opinion on this one — either way it’s not going to end well for you.
While they still follow the fun “would you rather” formula, these deep questions to ask yield introspective answers. They force you to dig deep and really dwell on some heavy topics.
These questions may not always be appropriate, so save them for when the mood is right. Give these deep questions the respect they deserve. Don’t just ask the question, get the answer, and then move on to the next one.
Here are 14 of the best deep would you rather questions:
107. Would you rather be feared by all or loved by all?
Power or glory?
108. Would you rather know when you are going to die or how you are going to die?
Choose your existential burden.
109. Would you rather be dumb and happy or smart and never fully content?
110. Would you rather die happy in five years or die unhappy in sixty years?
111. Would you rather be held in high regard by your parents or your friends?
This question helps you to understand the other person’s family/friendship dynamics.
112. Would you feel worse if no one showed up to your wedding or to your funeral?
Yes, your ghost would be present for the funeral.
113. Would you rather know the uncomfortable truth of the world or believe a comforting lie?
What’s better, living in the Matrix blissfully unaware or unplugging?
114. Would you rather know all the mysteries of the universe or know every outcome of every choice you make?
You could create the perfect life for yourself, or you could unravel the deepest of mysteries.
115. Would you rather be forgotten or hatefully remembered?
Neither is ideal. Which is worse?
116. Would you rather know it all or have it all?
Discuss the value of wealth versus knowledge.
117. Would you rather find out that other intelligent life exists or find out that humans are alone in the universe?
Both prospects are both terrifying and thrilling in their own ways.
118. Would you rather not know your age or not know your name?
And what age/name would you assign yourself?
119. Would you rather live your entire life in a virtual reality where all your wishes are granted or in the real world?
How importance is “real” life if both feel the same?
120. Would you rather never be happy again but everyone else would always be happy, or always be happy and everyone remains the same?
Downloadable List of Would You Rather Questions
Here is a downloadable list of would you rather questions (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
Looking for More Great Questions to Ask?
These questions will give you plenty of food for thought. That said, it never hurts to have some other types of questions ready to go.
If you want to keep the conversation flowing, check out some of our other awesome questions:
- Similar to the would you rather game, our This or That Questions follow a formula that makes asking and answering questions a blast. Feel free to pepper these into your would you rather discussions.
- When you want to boost the mood or keep the positive vibes flowing, nothing beats our Fun Questions to Ask.
- Trying to keep someone on their toes? Blow their minds over and over with our Random Questions to Ask.
Now that you’re equipped with plenty of would you rather questions, find a partner or group and use them!
The beauty of these questions/thought exercises is that they’re easy to use. People always enjoy coming up with answers and reasons for their responses. This list of questions to ask is a fantastic starting point. Most of the questions leave plenty of room for you to elaborate on them or tweak them to fit your particular setting.
Have fun with them. Learn from them.
Would you rather be prepared for all types of social situations or have nothing to say? That’s an easy one.