Robin Sutherns | Sep 4, 2020 | 0
70 Would You Rather Questions Clean – Not offensive, yet hard to answer.
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
Clean would you rather questions are a fun and interesting tool to have on hand… because as we all know:
Sometimes it’s tough to come up with a conversation topic. These handy would you rather questions solve that common dilemma. Some of them are fun, some are hilarious, and others are downright impossible.
The “would you rather” game is a classic. Perfect for when you’re bored, trying to ask questions to get to know someone, or just pass the time, they work for all types of social situations.
This list of clean questions to ask is perfect for entertaining kids, chatting with co-workers, or having a lighthearted conversation at dinner. And just because these are clean would you rather questions, doesn’t mean they’re easy! Plenty of them are going to rack your mind in a serious way.
What better place to stop than at the top? These are some of our absolute favorites. Some are hard, some are funny, some are deep, and some are downright bizarre.
If you’re just looking for a quick get to know you question, to bust out on a first date, at work, or hanging with your friends, this versatile list should treat you right. They’re also awesome for long car trips.
Here are 15 of the best clean get to know you questions:
1. Would you rather only wear one color each day or have to wear seven colors each day?
Monochromatic or multi-color? Either way you’ll turn some heads.
2. Would you rather be poor with lots of good friends or rich with no friends?
This question makes you think about what’s truly valuable in this life.
3. Would you rather it be hot all the time or cold all the time?
Eternal winter or summer?
4. Would you rather have to eat all of your food hot or all of your food cold?
You can still eat anything you want. Only the temperature changes.
5. Would you rather have a head the size and shape of a baseball or a loaf of bread?
We’re talking a long baguette, just to clarify.
6. Would you rather never open your eyes or never open your mouth?
Are you more of a talker or looker?
7. Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?
This question really lets you know how important social interaction is to the other person.
8. Would you rather have an easy job working for someone else or work for yourself but work incredibly hard?
Is being your own boss all it’s cracked up to be? Or is the easier route worth the benefits?
9. Would you rather live without the internet or live without AC and heating?
What do you value more — your personal comfort or your favorite memes?
10. Would you rather find your true love or a suitcase with ten million dollars inside?
Money or love? Which brings more happiness? Make sure you think long and short term for this one.
11. Would you rather have unlimited pizza for life or unlimited tacos for life?
Win-win situation if you ask me.
12. Would you rather have no elbows or have no knees?
At least you’d be an expert at dancing the robot.
13. Would you rather be super fast or super strong?
Power or speed? Either way you’re a shoe-in for an Olympic medal.
14. Would you rather go into the past and meet your ancestors or go into the future and meet your great-great grandchildren?
What’s more interesting? Seeing the roots or the tree?
15. Would you rather put a stop to war or end world hunger?
And would doing one cause the other?
These funny questions to ask should get you cracking up in no time. Humor is one of the best ways to connect with a new person. Laughing with your friends is what life’s all about.
These are funny would you rather questions, clean and inoffensive, that give you the chance to come up with some creative answers. Feel free to change them around too! Adding your own personal touch can make these questions even more amusing.
When it comes to would you rather questions, funny ones often lead to further hilarious conversations. Follow the rabbit hole down the laughter path and see how far it can take you.
Here are 15 clean, incredibly funny would you rather questions:
16. Would you rather find five dollars on the ground or find all of your missing socks?
That amount of socks might be worth a small fortune.
17. Would you rather be able to talk to land animals, animals that fly, or animals that live under the water?
And what types of conversations would you have?
18. Would you rather wake up each morning to find that a random animal appendage has replaced your dominant arm or permanently replace your bottom half with an animal bottom of your choice?
Admit it — you’ve always kind of wanted to be a centaur.
19. Would you rather be forever cursed to have terrible haircuts or have to wear JNCO jeans every day?
You never know — those wide-leg jeans could come back any day now. Or are they already back?
20. Would you rather have out of control body hair or out of control body odor?
Either way you’ll probably end up clearing rooms on a fairly regular basis.
21. Would you rather only be able to jump everywhere you go or only be able to walk on your hands?
You might want to look into a work-at-home job.
22. Would you rather eat a small can of cat food or eat two rotten tomatoes?
This question becomes extra funny if you have both options ready to pull out.
23. Would you rather always have to skip everywhere or run everywhere?
Yes, you would quickly become “that person.”
24. Would you rather have a horse’s tail or a unicorn horn?
No hiding the tail allowed.
25. Would you rather have your grandmother’s hairstyle or first name?
No changing either one.
26. Would you rather always talk in rhymes or sing instead of speak?
You’d certainly be one of the more whimsical people out there.
27. Would you rather wear clown makeup every day for a year or wear a tutu every day for a year?
This question should be easy if you’re a clown or a ballerina. Otherwise, good luck.
28. Would you rather always wear socks full SpaghettiOs or bathe in a tub of mayonnaise for two hours every day?
You can take the socks off while you sleep.
29. Would you rather have banana peels for hair or have to eat a banana with every meal for the rest of your life?
You can still style your banana peel hairdo to your liking. How tired would you get of bananas?
30. Would you rather live with 500 spiders in your house or 5 in your bed?
If you choose the bed, you don’t have to worry about them anywhere else. If you choose the house, you don’t have to worry about them in the bed.
Just because these questions are appropriate for all ages doesn’t mean they’re not hard would you rather questions, going to challenge your mind. These are the questions that hurt the brain (but in a fun way).
Use these questions when you really want to get the other person thinking. Don’t rush your answers, and feel free to debate which answer is best. The good-natured arguments that arise from these questions are the best part.
Here are 8 clean but hard would you rather questions:
31. Would you rather have no fingers or foot-long toes?
Both options would make life a challenge, but shoe shopping would really become a chore with one answer.
32. Would you rather wake up in the middle of an unknown forest or wake up in a row boat on an unknown body of water?
And how would you find your way back to familiar territory?
33. Would you rather win the Nobel Peace Prize or 5 million dollars?
What’s worth more — honor and prestige or cold, hard cash?
34. Would you rather be on an airplane between two arguing passengers or next to a screaming infant?
A third option could be desperately seeking a parachute.
35. Would you rather never use social media sites / apps again or never watch another movie or TV show?
If you had to give up smartphones and tablets or your big-screen TV, what would you do?
36. Would you rather be extremely underweight or extremely overweight?
There’s no way to lose or gain it either.
37. Would you rather be the funniest person in the room or the most intelligent?
Would you rather know it all or keep your peers in stitches?
38. If you were reborn in a new life, would you rather be alive in the past or future?
This question can lead to fascinating conversations about the most interesting time periods, as well as speculation about what the future may hold.
Whether you’re on a first date, hanging out with a platonic friend, or courting your crush, these questions to ask a girl will stir up some interesting conversation. After all, sometimes girls just want to shoot the breeze and have some laughs — just like the guys.
These questions are great for face-to-face situations, but they also make fantastic texting material. You might be surprised by how well you can get to know someone just by asking some would you rather questions.
Here are 10 clean would you rather questions for girls:
39. Would you rather have all of your clothes fit perfectly or have the most comfortable pillow, blankets, and sheets in existence?
Public admiration or private luxury? Looking nice is great, but it’s hard to beat a good night’s sleep.
40. Would you rather wear a wedding dress every single day or wear a bathing suit every single day?
Let’s say temperature wasn’t a factor.
41. Would you rather spend the rest of your life with a sailboat as your home or an RV as your home?
Cruise the roads or sail the seas?
42. Would you rather have an arranged marriage or spend the rest of your life single?
It’s a gamble. Take this question to the next level by pretending divorces are strictly forbidden.
43. Would you rather have an unlimited gift certificate to a restaurant or a clothing store?
Let’s say the gift certificate is for her absolute favorite restaurant to clothing store too.
44. Would you rather sing a song in front of complete strangers or your closest friends?
Either way, it sounds like a karaoke party is in her future.
45. Would you rather be known for your intelligence or your good looks?
Simple and to the point — what’s more important? Smarts or beauty?
46. Would you rather not be able to stop dancing or not stop singing?
Eventually she’s bound to become the greatest singer or dancer of all time.
47. Would you rather be an actress in a movie or in a television show?
And what type of film/series would she most love to star in?
48. Would you rather be completely bald or covered from head to toe with hair?
Let’s say she can cut the hair but it grows back at midnight every night.
Feel free to pull these would you rather questions ask a girlfriend up on your phone or computer and make a game out of it. They’re perfect for casual dinners, road trips, or just relaxing at home on the couch.
Here are 11 clean would you rather questions for couples:
49. Would you rather live a comfortable and peaceful life in the woods in a small cabin or a life full of conflict in a mansion in a city?
This question helps you to understand what kind of life she hopes to lead and what’s important to her.
50. Would you rather move to a new city or town every week or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in?
While it’s a fictional situation, this is another question that can help you to see if your general lifestyle goals are compatible.
51. Would you rather be an average person in the present or royalty 2,500 years ago?
Living in the past has its drawbacks, but it could be pretty sweet under the right circumstances.
52. Would you rather break up with someone or have someone break up with you?
Both are tough. Hopefully neither of you ever have to find out.
53. Would you rather marry someone who is extremely attractive or be extremely attractive yourself?
What’s better? Smiling in the mirror or smiling at a partner?
54. Would you rather have your first child when you are 18 years old or when you are 40 years old?
Be careful with this question — it can spark some heavy conversations!
55. Would you rather live a long life in poverty or a short life with wealth?
How important is money?
56. Would you rather be happy and content but not achieve much or never be satisfied but achieve a lot?
Are achievements worth it if you can’t find personal fulfillment?
57. Would you rather stay in or go out for a date?
Simple and sweet. Take her answer and go with it that night.
58. Would you rather fly all over the world with your true love or be marooned on an island with your favorite celebrity?
You’d better hope she chooses the vacation!
59. Would you rather take your vacation at an exotic resort or go camping?
Is she more of an outdoorsy adventurous person or a more of a luxurious relaxer?
These deep questions to ask really get the mind juices flowing. They follow the classic “would you rather” format, but they can spark some seriously introspective conversations.
Sometimes deep conversations can fly off the rails.Use them to strengthen your bond and learn more about each other.
Here are 10 deep, but clean would you rather questions:
60. Would you rather be completely alone for 5 years or constantly be surrounded by people and never be alone for 5 years?
What’s worse? Loneliness or never being alone?
61. Would you rather save a stranger’s life or be homeless for a year?
It would be a tough year. Would you make the sacrifice?
62. Would you rather be able to fast-forward life or rewind it?
And you can’t change the past or the future.
63. Would you rather have one wish granted today or three wishes granted ten years from now?
What’s more important to her now? Immediate gratification or long-term plans?
64. Would you rather go through life unable to ask any questions or unable to answer any questions?
Is she more of a learner or a teacher?
65. Would you rather have the best house in a bad neighborhood or the worst house in a fancy neighborhood?
What matters more? The home or the environment?
66. Would you rather have unlimited respect or unlimited power?
And would she be able to gain one through the other?
67. Would you rather speak every language fluently or play every instrument beautifully?
Would you rather reach the world through words or through sounds?
68. Would you rather have a horrible short-term memory or a horrible long-term memory?
This question makes you think about what immediate happiness is worth if you won’t be able to remember it anyways.
69. Would you rather be a kid your whole life or an adult your whole life?
Who has more fun?
70. Would you rather stay in and watch your favorite movie or go out to a huge party?
Her answer might change depending on her mood, but it’s good to know what her preferred evening is generally like. Use her answer to help you plan the perfect date.
Tip #1: Let The Conversation Happen
The beauty of the “would you rather” game/thought experiment is that it naturally leads to longer conversations and debates. Sure, you can ask and answer rapid-fire style, but the real magic happens when you disagree. Try to prove why your answer is better.
Tip #2: Get Creative With Them
These questions give you a solid foundation to work with, but don’t be afraid to tweak them to make them your own. When you make the questions a little bit more personal, they become even more difficult. You can also add new elements to the questions after they’ve been answered. Really try to challenge yourselves and give your brain some exercise.
Tip #3: Be Willing to Change Your Answer
Again, convincing the other person or group why your answer is best is part of what makes this game such a blast. However, the real glory happens when you can convince someone to switch to your side. Try to stay open-minded, and hear out your “opponent.”
Tip #4: Use the Right Questions for the Right Settings
Don’t ask a deep, existential question to someone you just met (or a little kid for that matter). Know your audience. These would you rather questions are clean, so they tend to be pretty versatile. Try to choose questions that feel right according to where you are and who you’re with.
Tip #5: Know When to Stop
Yes, asking would you rather questions is a lot of fun. It’s also super addicting. Don’t be the guy who drives your friends crazy asking them nonstop. Make each question count, and give the other person/group some time to let the questions marinate in the noggin. Timing is everything.
Tip #6: Pay Attention to the Answers
The “would you rather” game is fun, but it can also be an incredibly powerful tool for getting to know someone. Many of these questions can shed light into how people think, their beliefs, and their lifestyles. You may also learn about yourself too. Sure, there’s nothing wrong with keeping it simple and silly, but don’t miss the chance to learn.
Downloadable and Printable List of Clean Would You Rather Questions
Here is a downloadable and printable list of clean would you rather questions (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
Looking for More Great Questions?
The “would you rather” formula is time-tested and approved. At the same time, you may want to change it up once in a while. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some more conversation sparkers for you to work with:
- Similar to our would you rather questions, these This or That Questions give you a specific format and topic. Feel free to mix these in with our would you rather questions to keep your company on their toes.
- These Fun Questions to Ask are light and easy. They’re not going to cause any existential angst or deep thinking. Have a blast with them.
- If you want to pique curiosity and inspire fascinating discussions, our Interesting Questions to Ask will do the trick.
The great thing about would you rather questions is that people genuinely enjoy them. They give people the chance to be creative without having to think too hard. After all, you’re providing them just two choices. Their beauty is in their simplicity.
By now you should be fully equipped for virtually any social situation. These clean would you rather questions to ask turn any get-together into a brain party. You can memorize your favorites, or simply save them on your phone for a rainy day.
Prepare to embark on a journey of the mind. Would you rather shoot the breeze about the weather or get weird with some outside-the-box discussions. Get out there and have some fun with these!