Jasper | Mar 8, 2021 | 0
97 Would You Rather Questions for Couples – Fun, and hard to answer.
New? Start here.
Knowing great questions to ask, and more specifically great would you rather questions for couples, is one of those great relationship… that so few couple know about.
Because next time you go out to eat, take a look at the other couples in the restaurant… notice how many sit in silence or stare at their phones, hoping the bread sticks arrive and give them something to talk about. They’ve run out of things to talk about and questions to ask each other.
Regardless how new or how mature your relationship, we’ve all been at a loss for something to talk about from time to time. Thankfully, I have just the thing you need.
Would you rather questions are the perfect resource for those quiet moments on the phone or those lulls in conversation before the appetizers arrive.
Dig a little beneath the surface and would you rather questions can reveal your significant other’s priorities, preferences, and predilections.
15 Would You Rather Conversation Starters for Couples
Would you rather use conversation starters with your significant other let another opportunity slip by in silence?
Easy question, right?
Would you rather questions make great conversation starters for couples because they force a difficult choice on a person. Dig for the reasoning behind the choice your partner made and you have an instant, rich conversation on your hands.
Here are 15 would you rather conversation starters for couples:
1. Would you rather be in a bad relationship for the rest of your life or have no SO for the rest of your life?
They say that misery loves company. Is loneliness better than shared misery?
2. Would you rather wear comfortable clothes or fashionable clothes?
This can start a great conversation about presentation and practicality.
3. Would you rather stay in or go out for a date?
Some prefer the comforts of home, others enjoy the excitement of a night out.
4. Would you rather spend $5,000 on traveling or on a physical item like a TV?
This is a very important conversation for couples to have: experiences or things?
5. Would you rather work in an office doing paperwork or outside building something (assuming the pay is the same)?
Different people are better suited to different jobs. Which does your significant other prefer?
6. Would you rather work a morally questionable job that makes a lot of money or a job that helps a lot of people but doesn’t make much money?
Some of us have faced this very question. It’s a great way to start a conversation about ethics and profit.
7. Would you rather be waited on hand foot by a jealous SO or split chores 50/50 with a trusting SO?
Jealousy is a hot button issue in many relationships. Is there a trade off?
8. Would you rather lose all of your money and valuables or all of the pictures you have ever taken?
This question can uncover what your significant other finds truly valuable.
9. Would you rather go to jail for 4 years for something you didn’t do or get away with something horrible you did but always live in fear of being caught?
Which is worse: living in fear or suffering injustice?
10. Would you rather die in 20 years with no regrets or die in 50 years with many regrets?
The fullness of life can’t be measured in years, but the option for a longer life is pretty attractive.
11. Would you rather be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?
Would you rather see where humanity is going or experience where we have been?
12. Would you rather never be able to use a touchscreen or never be able to use a keyboard and mouse?
We live in a connected world. Giving up either one is pretty hard to imagine.
13. Would you rather have unlimited sushi for life or unlimited tacos for life?
If you think about it, sushi is kind of like a fish burrito. There’s gotta be a loophole in there somewhere.
14. Would you rather be unable to use search engines or unable to use social media?
Give up knowledge or give up memes. Which will it be?
15. Would you rather give up bathing for a month or give up the internet for a month?
Both are pretty crucial for survival in modern society.
15 Best Get to Know You Questions for Couples
Often times you learn the most about another person when they are in situations they didn’t expect to be in. A person’s gut reaction reveals much more than a planned response might.
Get to know you questions for couples work in the same way… but without the danger. Use these would you rather questions to present your significant other with an unexpected choice, and get to know one another in a way you that you might not normally be able to.
Here are the 15 best get to know you questions for couples:
16. Would you rather never use social media sites / apps again or never watch another movie or TV show?
No matter what you give up, you’re bound to have a lot more free time.
17. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
What kinds of things does your partner want to be remembered for?
18. Would you rather find your true love or a suitcase with five million dollars inside?
This question will bring up topics that all couples should discuss, relationships and finances.
19. Would you rather be able to teleport anywhere or be able to read minds?
One offers ultimate freedom, the other offers ultimate insight.
20. Would you rather know when you are going to die or how you are going to die?
And no, even though you know you can’t prevent it. Fate is tricky like that.
21. Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.)
Is your significant other more of a team player or a big idea person?
22. Would you rather lose all of your memories from birth to now or lose your ability to make new long term memories?
Are the best days in the past or yet to come?
23. Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death?
They say all publicity is good publicity. Is that true?
24. Would you rather never be able to eat meat or never be able to eat vegetables?
Vegetarians will have an easy time with this one, but it can start a great conversation about healthy diets.
25. Would you rather be a practicing doctor or a medical researcher?
Which is more important, gaining knowledge or using it?
26. Would you rather not be able to open any closed doors (locked or unlocked) or not be able to close any open doors?
This question can start a conversation about inclusion and privacy.
27. Would you rather be an amazing artist or a brilliant mathematician?
Both artists and academics contribute to society. How would your partner prefer to contribute?
28. Would you rather be held in high regard by your parents or your friends?
As we grow older the importance of friends and family can change. Who is most important to your significant other?
29. Would you rather be able to go to any theme park in the world for free for the rest of your life or eat for free at any drive through restaurant for the rest of your life?
Everyone has to eat, but we all need some excitement too.
30. Would you rather lose the ability to read or lose the ability to speak?
Either give up your self expression, or cease to learn from the expressions of others.
7 Relationship Would You Rather Questions for Couples
Asking questions in a straightforward way can be hard. That’s especially true when dealing with relationship questions you need answers to but are afraid to ask.
When you’re struggling for a way to put things so it isn’t quite so direct, try some would you rather questions. These make it easier to get to the conversation you need to have without having to comer right out and say anything.
Here are 7 relationship would you rather questions for couples:
31. Would you rather be happy and content but not achieve much or never be satisfied but achieve a lot?
Where does success play into their goals?
32. Would you rather stay in or go out for a date?
Crucial information for the future. Find out if you have the same inclinations.
33. Would you rather be in a bad relationship for the rest of your life or have no SO for the rest of your life?
How much do they just want company versus good company?
34. Would you rather be waited on hand foot by a jealous SO or split chores 50 / 50 with a trusting SO?
Find out if they’re lazy or more interested in splitting up the tough stuff.
35. Would you rather wake up early and spend time with your partner or get up late and enjoy your day alone?
Talk about where you fit into their days and how much they need alone time.
36. Would you rather sacrifice your ethics to earn more money or you sacrifices money for your ethics?
Are you dating an idealist or a pragmatist?
37. Would you rather date with a confident guy or a shy guy?
Hopefully, the guy she choses is the guy you already are.
15 Funny Would You Rather Questions for Couples
Studies prove it time and time again, laughter is key to a healthy relationship.
You’ve probably been making your significant other laugh since the very beginning, but if you need some more funny questions to ask, I’ve got just the thing for you.
Here are 15 funny would you rather questions for couples:
38. Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue?
Move crowds to tears or bend the masses to your will?
39. Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind?
Think of all the fun you could have with either ability.
40. Would you rather be attractive but stupid or intelligent but ugly?
Is beauty really only skin deep?
41. Would you rather be balding but fit or overweight but with a full head of hair?
Real life might not give you a choice, so choose while you can.
42. Would you rather see what was behind every closed door or be able to crack into any safe?
Make sure you pick opposite answers. You’ll be the most efficient partners in crime ever.
43. Would you rather know the history of every object you touched or be able to talk to animals?
I would watch a TV show based on either power.
44. Would you rather be a reverse centaur or a reverse mermaid/merman?
What goes best with human legs, horse head or fish head?
45. Would you rather have a clown only you can see that follows you everywhere and just stands silently in a corner watching you without doing or saying anything or have a real life stalker who dresses like the Easter bunny that everyone can see?
Which living nightmare would your significant other prefer?
46. Would you rather have everyone laugh at your jokes but not find anyone else’s jokes funny or have no one laugh at your jokes but you still find other people’s jokes funny?
Always the performer or always the audience?
47. Would you rather have free Wi-Fi wherever you go or be able to drink unlimited free coffee at any coffee shop?
Some people run on coffee, some people run on the web.
48. Would you rather be forced to dance every time you heard music or be forced to sing along to any song you heard?
Before you answer: remember weddings and funerals play music.
49. Would you rather have everything on your phone right now (browsing history, photos, etc.) made public to anyone who Googles your name or never use a cell phone again?
*starts sweating profusely*
50. Would you rather wake up as a new random person every year and have full control of them for the whole year or once a week spend a day inside a stranger without having any control of them?
Either way, you get to walk in other another person’s shoes/boots/slippers/heels/roller skates.
51. Would you rather never get a paper cut again or never get something stuck in your eye again?
Be gone, first world problems!
52. Would you rather randomly time travel +/- 20 years every time you fart or teleport to a different place on earth (on land, not water) every time you sneeze?
To answer this one must to take into account the gases that most frequently exit one’s body.
10 Clean Would You Rather Questions for Couples
Every master communicator knows that different settings call for different kinds of speech.
You probably wouldn’t tell the same jokes over coffee with your grandma as you would belly up to the bar with the boys. These clean would you rather questions are a guaranteed safe bet for when you want to keep things rated G.
These questions are best used in more formal settings, like meeting your partner’s parents or having dinner with his or her colleagues. When you want to play it safe, these are the questions for you.
Here are 10 clean would you rather questions for couples:
53. Would you rather have an awesome job in a mediocre city or a mediocre job in an awesome city?
Which is the higher priority: the quality of the hours spent at work or the time spent at play?
54. Would you rather be a genius nobody believes, or an idiot everyone believes?
What’s more important, intelligence or recognition?
55. Would you rather have a personal chef or a housekeeper?
Coming home to a clean house or a home cooked meal? Either would make life so convenient.
56. Would you rather sit on a beach for a week or go on a Outward Bound type adventure vacation?
Some people seek relaxation, others seek adventure.
57. Would you rather know what time it is without a clock or always know exactly where you are without a map?
Does your significant other need a little help with punctuality or with a sense of direction?
58. Would you rather go for a year without television or books?
We’re living in the golden age of TV, but books are an unmatched medium of entertainment.
59. Would you rather live in a busy neighborhood with a great view or deep in the woods with complete privacy?
When it comes to one’s home, seclusion and sights are two of the items that top wish lists.
60. Would you rather take a guided tour of Europe (with a tour bus and a schedule) or wander around on your own without a guide who speaks the native languages?
People’s traveling styles can vary greatly. If you and your partner are planning a trip this will be good information.
61. Would you rather do work that involves detail or big ideas?
Often times these preferences will go beyond work and into everyday life.
62. Would you rather be in a relationship with someone who never argues or someone who never hugs?
Does the absence of aggravation make up for the absence of affection?
10 Hard Would You Rather Questions for Couples
Life is filled with tough questions. To be or not to be? What is love? Dine in or carry out?
Those age old queries don’t hold a candle to these hard would you rather questions. Unlike some of the earlier questions that focus on humor, these ones are designed to make you and your partner think.
Strong couples challenge each other to be more thoughtful and reflective. These would you rather questions are sure to challenge you and your significant other.
Here are 10 hard would you rather questions for couples:
63. Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?
One requires wilderness survival skills and the other requires street smarts.
64. Would you rather the general public think you are a horrible person but your family be very proud of you or your family think you are a horrible person but the general public be very proud of you?
Whose recognition is most important to your significant other?
65. Would you rather be completely invisible for one day or be able to fly for one day?
Either ability could get a person into places they couldn’t normally go.
66. Would you rather have a horrible job, but be able to retire comfortably in 10 years or have your dream job, but have to work until the day you die?
They say if you love what you do you’ll never work a day in your life. Is that true?
67. Would you rather be constantly tired no matter how much you sleep or constantly hungry no matter what you eat?
Nobody likes either feeling. Which would your partner hate more?
68. Would you rather work very hard at a rewarding job or hardly have to work at a job that isn’t rewarding?
Some people look for satisfaction in their work, others prefer to find it elsewhere.
69. Would you rather be reincarnated as a fly or just cease to exist after you die?
Another chance at life sounds pretty appealing. The life of a fly? Not so much.
70. Would you rather have a criminal justice system that actually works and is fair or an administrative government that is free of corruption?
Let’s face it: the system is broken. Where would your partner start fixing things?
71. Would you rather lose your non-dominant hand or your dominant foot?
The way your significant other answers this question probably has a lot to do his or her pastimes.
72. Would you rather live in a utopia as a normal person or in a dystopia but you are the supreme ruler?
A quiet life in a perfect world is all anyone could ask for… unless they seek unlimited power.
10 flirty would you rather questions for couples
One of the great difficulty of being in a relationship is keeping things hot and steamy after you’ve been together for a while. Recapturing that spark can be as easy as asking the right flirty would you rather questions. Throw these into your next conversation with your partner to remind them how fun it is to flirt.
Here are 10 flirty would you rather questions for couples:
73. Would you rather order take-out or go to a fancy restaurant?
Let her answer, then give the lady what she wants.
74. Would you rather kiss on the first date or wait for you know her/him better?
A great intro to some flirty role-playing.
75. Would you rather elope or have a big wedding?
A fun way to hint at how serious things are getting.
76. Would you rather get hugs from the back or get hugs from the front?
Few things are as important to a relationship as getting the hugs right.
77. Would you rather write a love letter or get a love letter?
She’d rather get it. Ask, and then give her one.
78. Would you rather blow a kiss at your SO from across the room or wink at your SO from across the room?
Reestablish that flirty behavior with a flirty hypothetical.
79. Would you rather dress up for date nights or just Netflix and chill in sweats?
Investigate if the dating priorities have changed.
80. Would you rather pass notes or text?
How would she like to do her flirting from now on?
81. Would you rather cook or be cooked for?
Has she always secretly been hoping to come home to a freshly cooked meal? Find out now.
82. Would you rather get up early or stay up late?
Getting the sleep schedule right is crucial to a long-term relationship.
15 fun would you rather questions for couples
Ready for some more fun questions for couples? Here they come!
Here are 15 fun would you rather questions for couples:
83. Would you rather meet your partner’s siblings or their closest friends first?
Depends on how many they are.
84. Would you rather have a partner that always looks nice or that always smells nice?
We’d go with the one that smells nice (you can always close your eyes and not look at them!).
85. Would you rather live to 150 but have a boring life or live to 50 but have a really exciting life?
86. Would you rather have a partner with a really squeaky voice or a really crooked voice?
What truly matters is what they are saying.
87. Would you rather have a house cleaner or a personal chef?
88. Would you rather not shower or not use the internet for a month?
Is that even a question?
89. Would you rather be with someone who’s very lazy and dirty or someone who’s a clean freak?
The clean freak would at least clean for you.
90. Would you rather have a partner who sings in the shower or while on the toilet seat?
The real question is, “Are they a good singer?”
91. Would you rather be the manager of a store with bad employees or be one of the bad employees?
The manager is definitely having a harder time of it.
92. Would you rather not shower or not brush your teeth for a week?
Either way — ew.
93. Would you rather your baby looked like you or me?
There’s only one right answer here.
94. Would you rather live with me or with a million dollars?
It’s trite but true: money doesn’t buy happiness.
95. Would you rather burp or fart in a crowded room?
96. Would you rather sleepwalk every night or sleep-talk every night?
How many secrets have you got?
97. Would you rather be the strongest or the fastest person in the world?
Either way, you’d have your career cut out for you!
How to Use Would You Rather Questions For Couples
The great thing about would you rather questions is that they are versatile and flexible.
There is no wrong way to use would you rather questions with your significant other, but I do have a few tips to help you get the most out of these questions. Follow these three steps and you’ll be well on your way to more laughter, great conversations, and a deeper relationship.
Here is how to use would you rather questions for couples:
1. Know your partner
By now you probably know a few things about the person you’re dating. You’ve got an idea of their passions, interests, and pastimes. Let what your partner cares about guide the questions that you ask.
This is a great chance to show how well you listen by asking questions that you know your partner will be interesting in discussing.
2. Follow up
Getting your partner’s answers to these would you rather questions is a great place to start, but don’t stop there.
The true value in would you rather questions is finding out the other person’s reasoning for the decision that they made. Ask your SO for an explanation and you’ll find yourselves laughing more, talking more often, and getting to know each other better.
3. Express yourself
It might be tempting to fire off question after question from this list, but to get the most out of these questions you’ll have to open up about your own thoughts and feelings too. Let your partner know how you would answer the questions and give them the opportunity to ask for your reasoning.
After all, great relationships are built on communication.
Downloadable and Printable List of Would You Rather Questions for Couples
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of would you rather questions for couples (right-click the image and select Save Image As…):
Looking for More Great Questions?
Whether you’re looking to get to know someone you’ve just met, have a meaningful conversation with someone that you know well, or share some laughs with your friends, we at Mantelligence have the perfect resources for all your question needs:
- Get to know a person’s thoughts and feelings on all sorts of topics with these This or That Questions.
- Our Fun Questions to Ask are designed to keep things light and easy going. They’re great for chatting with friends and making small talk with the people you meet.
- Read through these Interesting Questions to Ask and you won’t be able to hold yourself back from starting fascinating conversations.
By now you know dozens of great questions to ask your significant other.
Whether you are looking for a way to fill the silence or a way to diversify the conversations you are already having, with these would you rather questions you have all the tools at your disposal to reach your goals.
Before you start using these questions, pat yourself on the back. The very fact that you are researching questions for couples is cause for celebration! Clearly you have found someone special, someone worth the effort it takes to build a relationship.
That is something worth celebrating.