Robin Sutherns | Sep 4, 2020 | 0
98 Fun Questions for Couples – Spark fun conversations.
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
One of my favorite things to do with my husband is to look up fun questions for couples and learn more about each other over dinner. These lists have intriguing, silly, and deep questions to ask each other to find out more about what your partner is really like!
Did you ever start a rumor? Where would go on a dream vacation? Asking fun questions can help you get to know one another better. Plus, these questions for couples are an easy way to start a deeper conversation, anytime, anywhere, and are a great way to feel more connected, instantly!
Not sure what kind of questions to ask? This list has some of the best questions and makes it easy to start learning more about each other.
Try not to take the questions too seriously, and make sure you listen open-mindedly! There is a lot to be learned from these light-hearted and simple queries!
Here are the 13 best fun questions for couples:
1. Where would you most like to go on vacation?
And maybe, least want to go as well?
2. What would you do if you won $10,000?
I’d be through that in a hot minute!
3. What actor or actress would play you in a movie about your life?
And who would you choose for your partner?
4. What was your first impression of me?
5. If you could be in any reality TV show, which one it would be?
Or maybe a game show?
6. Have you ever obsessed over anything?
As an adult… not a kid who loves horses.
7. If you could trade lives with someone, who would it be?
What makes their life so attractive?
8. What is your favorite thing that I do for you?
Do you do it often enough?
9. When do you feel the most protected and taken care of?
How can you do that better?
10. What do you want to do when you retire?
Do you have similar dreams?
11. What’s your favorite memory with your dad?
Have you told him about it?
12. Did you ever consider a totally different career path?
What would starting over look like?
13. What was the best party you ever went to?
What made it so special?
Just getting to know one another? Then, you’re in luck! These conversation starters for couples are here to help you out!
Use these conversation starters as a diving board – you only really need one good jump to get a really good conversation flowing!
Here are 10 conversation starters for couples:
14. What do you like best about me?
Don’t be shy, say it all!
15. What’s a question you’ve never asked me?
Make sure you’re ready to answer!
16. What’s the angriest you ever felt?
How did you get over it?
17. Which of your parents did you go to when you wanted to talk?
Is it the same now as an adult?
18. Are you an optimist, a pessimist, or a realist?
Do you actively try to be different?
19. What was your favorite date night we ever had?
Figure out what made it so memorable.
20. What is your opinion on transparency between couples?
Is there room for privacy?
21. When did you feel happy recently and why?
Has it been less or more often than last year?
22. What is your biggest regret in life?
Is there any way to make up for it now?
23. What are your hobbies and why did you choose them?
Are there some you want to start?
I’ve found that once you’ve been with someone a while, it can sometimes be hard to think of something new to talk about. These playful questions to ask your significant other can help start some fresh threads of discussion!
Look at your partner a whole new way as you hear some of their deepest and silliest responses.
Here are 9 fun questions to ask your significant other:
24. What is the craziest dream you’ve ever had?
What made it so insane?
25. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Would you eat it again?
26. What is one thing you refuse to share?
Make sure to bring her some the next time you go over.
27. Describe the worst haircut you’ve ever had.
What did you do about it?
28. What’s your worst pet peeve?
How do you handle it when people do it?
29. What is one attribute of your mother that you see in yourself?
Is it a good or bad thing?
30. What is the greatest goal you want to achieve in the next five years?
How can you help her get there?
31. What are the five things you are grateful for?
How often do you reflect on this?
32. What age would you like to be for the rest of your life?
What makes that age so perfect?
Who doesn’t love a good round of would you rather questions?? These are such a simple and easy way to start getting the dialogue moving.
These would you rather questions for couples are light and breezy – nothing too complex or risky here! Use these to pass the time and have a little fun!
Here are 8 would you rather questions for couples:
33. Would you rather lose the ability to read or lose the ability to speak?
How would you compensate for either?
34. Would you rather be covered in fur or covered in scales?
Does it depend on where you live?
35. Would you rather be an average person in the present or a king of a large country 2500 years ago?
What is power worth to you?
36. Would you rather your only mode of transportation be a donkey or a giraffe?
What would be your preferred exotic animal for transport?
37. Would you rather be able to control fire or water?
What would you do with this power?
38. Would you rather live without the internet or live without AC and heating?
Wow, this is… maybe impossible.
39. Would you rather be famous but ridiculed or be just a normal person?
This is a tough one!
40. Would you rather have a flying carpet or a car that can drive underwater?
Sky or sea, that’s the question.
Get a little bit retro! Dive back to junior high with these truth or dare questions for couples.
These are a little on the riskier side. Honor the Truth or Dare question pledge and speak your mind, but make sure to channel that slightly dangerous energy towards connection and intimacy, not brutal honesty.
Here are 9 truth or dare questions for couples:
41. Do you prefer a masseuse of the opposite gender or the same?
Which is less awkward?
42. Ever dated someone older than you?
How much older… or younger?
43. Did you ever start a rumor about someone you hate?
Did anyone ever start one about you?
44. If you could win a thousand dollars, would you give up watching your favorite Netflix series?
But, but, but, what about the ending??
45. Did someone ever break your heart? Who?
Have you gotten over it?
46. What is one household chore that you hate to do?
And how do you get out of it?
47. Were you ever on a blind date?
How did it go??
48. Rate the style of my dressing on a scale of 1 to 10.
Be honest – maybe one of you needs the wake-up call.
49. Name one thing that you just can’t give up even for me.
What’s their big crutch?
Never Have I Ever is a fun game for couples that have been together a while and for new paramours. The premise is simple – if you’ve “never”, raise your hand, take a drink, or do some other silly gesture.
A silly game of Never Have I Ever Questions for couples is a super fun way to start off an evening together!
Here are 15 Never Have I Ever questions for couples:
50. Never have I ever… tried to lose at a game of truth or dare.
Are you in it to win it?
51. Never have I ever… eaten at a restaurant by myself
Does it feel like a social taboo?
52. Never have I ever… ghosted anyone.
Can you say the hard things that need to be said?
53. Never have I ever… broken the law.
On purpose, or on accident?
54. Never have I ever… sent my ex drunk text messages.
Don’t drink and text! It’s a disaster every time.
55. Never have I ever… drooled on my partner while sleeping.
That you know of…
56. Never have I ever… had lovesickness.
Those beer goggles are a real thing.
57. Never have I ever… broken up over text.
58. Never have I ever… stolen anything.
Any secrets here?
59. Never have I ever… not known where I was when I woke up.
Does someone have a party past?
60. Never have I ever… dated a friend’s ex.
This is often an unbreakable code.
61. Never have I ever… met someone on a dating app.
It’s the way of the future!
62. Never have I ever… done pushups to impress someone.
It would have to be pull-ups to impress me.
63. Never have I ever… ordered pineapple on my pizza.
Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it!
64. Never have I ever… been serenaded.
It might be time to change that.
A twist on the newlywed game, this is an easy game that requires no props or tools or boards or dice – just a list of Most Likely To questions and some quick judgment calls!
Here are 8 fun Most Likely To questions for couples:
65. Most likely to forget people’s names?
Maybe they’re better at faces?
66. Most likely to forget what they told someone?
Is one of you a space cadet?
67. Most likely to get shouted at by their parents?
Which in-laws are the worst?
68. Most likely to get the whole gang in trouble?
Who doesn’t think through all of the steps?
69. Most likely to get pissed and say something regretful?
And most likely to say sorry first?
70. Most likely to go hiking with strangers?
Who has no stranger danger?
71. Who is most likely to die of something stupid?
I’ll be you both know who this is.
72. Who is most likely to cry because of a sad movie?
My bet is on her.
These are my favorite questions to just keep on hand on a list on my phone. They’re perfect for breaking out when you have to wait somewhere – to be seated at a restaurant, on a long drive, or for an appointment.
Use that normally dead time to get to know one another with some quick, random questions to ask when you have a surprise minute together.
Here are 9 fun random questions for couples:
73. Do you sing in the shower?
The real question is, WHAT do you sing?
74. Do you have any hidden talents?
Have any party tricks?
75. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever cried about?
This is probably a silly one.
76. What board game do you hate the most?
What made you dislike it so much?
77. If it were possible, would you live on the moon?
Why or why not?
78. Would you ever consider applying for reality TV?
Would you be nervous about them saying anything?
79. What is the most bizarre dish you have ever tried?
Would you try it again?
80. Do you have a favorite type of dessert that you could eat forever?
Take note – this is a great way to surprise her later.
81. Is there any job that you would never do, even for a huge sum of money?
Plumber? Mortician? Politician?
When you think of romantic questions to ask your girlfriend, you probably automatically think of the BIG one. But there are tons of little questions that show her how you value knowing everything that makes her unique.
Set a sweet tone on your next date, and ask each other some of these fun, romantic questions to know more about what makes them your perfect match.
Here are 9 fun romantic questions for couples:
82. What made you accept my invitation to our first date?
Think back to the very beginning.
83. How could we improve our relationship?
How can each of you grow?
84. What makes you feel the most loved?
Do you know their love language?
85. What physical action or gesture do you find romantic?
Do you do that often enough for them?
86. What’s your most favorite outfit I wear?
What about the least favorite?
87. What do I do that helps you calm down?
Hint – it’s probably not saying “calm down.”
88. What’s your most scandalous memory of us?
This would be fun to recreate!
89. What moment would you want to relive again and again?
What makes it so impactful?
90. Is there anything you’re afraid to accomplish that I can help you with?
Be her biggest cheerleader.
Y’all, relationships can be hard! Entropy works against them, and if you’re not growing together, you’re most likely growing apart.
These relationship questions are just the ticket for making sure you are staying intentional and staying connected. Make a habit of asking one of these regularly, and take a health check on your relationship.
Here are 8 relationship questions for couples:
91. Do you hold grudges or forgive them easily?
What are you most likely to forgive?
92. What do you think is most important for communicating in our relationship?
How do you feel heard?
93. What values do you think are most important in a relationship?
Are we doing a good job of protecting those?
94. What is something you want to do together that we haven’t?
Start a list and work through it!
95. What are you hoping to learn in the coming year?
How can you help her reach that goal?
96. What is your idea of a healthy relationship?
How does your relationship rate?
97. What is one behavior that you never tolerate?
How would you respond if that happened?
98. What’s your favorite non-physical quality about me?
Is she more than just a pretty face?
Downloadable and Printable List of Fun Questions for Couples
Here is a downloadable and printable list of fun questions for couples (right click and select Save Image As…):
More Awesome Questions To Ask
- These deep questions to ask your girlfriend will get you connected in a whole new way.
- Trying to make a good impression? These flirty questions to ask a girl will have her intrigued.
- Try some speed dating questions on your next date to see if you have a timeless connection!
If you’re reading through this list and not sure where to begin, no worries! The fact is, these are called “fun questions” for a reason!
These are meant to help create a joy-filled and connected experience. So don’t stress – I have a few simple ideas for how to get the most out of this list of questions.
Here is how to pick the best fun questions for couples:
1. Know your goal!
Are you using some of these questions as pickup lines? Getting to know a new girlfriend? Or trying to reconnect with your spouse in a new way?
The main idea here is to be wise. Don’t ask the girl next to you at the bar about her childhood fears, right? And maybe save some of the deeper relationship questions for the right season. In fact, my advice would be to start with the silliest question you can, and work forward to more intense questions.
2. Set the scene!
Are you trying to be playful? Be romantic? Be earnest? The fact is, any of these questions can be any of those things, but there are definitely some that lend themselves one way or the other.
Be thoughtful with the way you want to connect with your partner, and use the questions like ingredients in a dish. Add a little here and there in ways that support your relationship best. Remember, you can rarely go wrong with too much fun.
While you could just read through this list, I suggest using these questions as a launchpad to deeper conversation.
Yes, they are perfect for playing a game of trivia, as a drinking game or to have some fun! But you’ll miss out on a great opportunity to learn more about your partner, and I promise you, there’s nothing that will make a girl go head over heels more than a guy who’s truly interested in her.
These fun questions for couples are sure to get you more connected than ever! We all need a little fun in our lives, and having some silly questions to ask will lighten the mood and get you talking about more than just the news.
These fun questions are the perfect ice breaker, no matter where you’re at in your relationship. These are questions for couples who want to laugh a little at themselves and each other, so don’t take it too seriously, and have fun!