77 Best Speed Dating Questions – Spark a connection fast.
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
Having a smart arsenal of great speed dating questions is essential to mastering the art of speed dating.
And yes, speed dating is an art form. But don’t worry because we’re going to give you all the tools you need to be the best speed dater at the table.
You ever get tired of the time and energy it takes to find a good date? First dates require an enormous up front investment of time, energy, and money.
The traditional dating process usually exhausts most people. Rather than efficiently sifting through the dating pool, they tire out and eventually give in to the partner that doesn’t repulse them, rather than the date that truly lights their fire.
Speed dating is the intelligent and efficient work around to this age old dilemma.
So we’re going to help you graduate from the typical first date questions of ‘where do you work,’ ‘where did you grow up,’ ‘how many siblings do you have,’ blah, blah, blah. Barf.
Instead, we’re going to share with you the best and most interesting speed dating questions to ask, so you’ll be guaranteed to leave with a sexy date on your calendar.
The best speed dating questions are designed to dig a little deeper.
Remember, you usually only have 3 to 8 minutes to make a connection when speed dating, so it’s critical that you leap past the usual awkward 1st date banter and dig into some juicy questions.
We have the best speed dating questions to help you figure out exactly who you’re sitting across from in a record amount of time.
Here are the 14 best speed dating questions:
1. Where do you live?
A crucial 1st question to weed out the out-of-towners who might be moon lighting in your town.
2. Do you follow politics?
If your a staunch Republican who needs to be partnered with like-minded folk, throw this deal breaking question out there early on.
3. Are you a religious person?
Learning your partner’s religious affiliation early on can save you a ton of time down the road.
4. What is your biggest fear?
The perfect question to transition into a more playful mood.
5. What is one thing that is on your bucket list?
Is your date an adventurer, an art buff, or something totally unexpected?
6. What is the grossest thing that you have ever eaten?
If you’re speed date is going a little flat, this question is certain to lighten the mood.
7. Are you an animal lover?
Because only a psycho would say ‘no’ to this question.
8. What is your favorite thing to do around town?
Listen carefully to your date’s answer, and see if you can picture the two of you doing their favorite thing together.
9. Are you more of a morning person or a night person?
Because if you’re not on a similar schedule, any future relationship is going to be a struggle.
10. If you could visit any place in this world, where would you go and why?
Because everyone needs to feed their soul a little travel sometimes.
11. What was your childhood dream job?
Who were they before they became who they are now?
12. What is something you’re passionate about?
A no-brainer speed dating question to tease out the real person sitting opposite you.
13. What is something you’re most knowledgeable about?
Because many folks these days are not earning a living doing what they’re best at.
14. Is there anything you’d change about yourself?
This is one of the tougher and most effective questions to throw out there, so use it sparingly.
Ever wonder what are the best questions to ask a girl when speed dating?
The best questions will effectively gather three conventional dates worth of information jam packed into a 5 minute speed date.
Here are 8 speed dating questions to ask a girl:
15. Why are you single?
This bold and straight forward question will get you all the intel you need to determine what she’s really about.
16. What did you study in school?
Her answer will tell you volumes about her interests, background, intelligence, drive and income earning potential.
17. Have you ever been married?
How heavy IS the baggage you’re dragging around?
18. What do you like doing on the weekends?
An invaluable question. If you can’t connect in your free time, there’s probably not much relationship potential.
19. Do you have any kids?
This could be a deal breaker for some folks. Better get it out the way early on.
20. Do you have any pets?
Because nobody wants to date a cat lady, or worse yet, the Humane Society’s best customer. Have you ever tried to do the hanky panky with a parakeet watching?
21. Who’s your favorite film director?
Because you know binge watching you favorite flicks is going to be a common pastime with your next boo.
22. Do you like the country or city life?
If you have dreams of settling down somewhere quiet with some chickens and a garden, a city slicker obsessed with the hustle and bustle may not be the best for you.
There’s no better way to break the ice and make a dashing first impression that with these funny questions to ask a girl.
If you can both acquire some really useful information and get her to giggle, you’re chances of success are vastly improved.
Try these funny questions to ask during your next speed date and see for yourself.
Here are 3 funny speed dating question to ask a girl:
23. How long have you been speed dating?
Is she a seasoned speed dater or a novice?
24. Which animal represents you the closest?
It’s super important to learn if she’s a panda or a panther.
25. What is the last CD you bought?
If it’s the Spice Girls, you know what to do.
Dating can be stressful; the time crunch of speed dating can add a whole other level of anxiety to an already stressful experience.
The antidote: to have fun.
Keep it light and breezy with these fun questions to ask a girl.
Here are 3 fun speed dating questions:
26. What do you do for fun?
If her version of fun is your version of super lame, better find out now.
27. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
Being on the same sleep schedule could be a huge benefit.
28. What book are you reading at the moment?
A tricky way to find out if she even reads at all.
Arguably, the hardest part in dating is the initial meet and greet.
Strangers can be intimidating, especially beautiful ones with killer smiles.
Breaking the ice is such a seemingly formidable obstacle, we cover it extensively on our MantelligenceDating YouTube channel.
But for speed dating, nothing cracks the seal better than these perfect ice breaker questions.
Here are 6 speed dating ice breaker questions:
29. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Find out her vices up front ’cause you know she’s not perfect.
30. Do you exercise often?
A key ingredient to all matters of health. Does she have it?
31. What TV show would you never miss?
Find out if her binge-worthy lineup matches yours.
32. If a film was to be made about your life, who would you choose to play you?
Is she a Jennifer Aniston or an Angelina Jolie? And if she’s an Aubrey Plaza, buckle up ’cause it’s gonna get weird.
33. What food have you eaten too much of in your life?
Partners share an incredible amount of time sharing meals.
34. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
Find out if she’s a party girl or a hang out with friends kinda gal.
If you or your speed dating partner has been at this activity for any amount of time, even it will eventually begin to feel repetitive.
Knowing what weird question to ask is exactly how to keep this exciting dating activity interesting.
Here are 6 weird speed dating questions to ask:
35. How many times do you brush your teeth?
Because anything less than once or more than twice a day should be cause for concern.
36. When was the last time you changed your sheets?
A roundabout way of determining if she has her life together.
37. What is your favorite pampering activity?
Find out just how high maintenance she can be.
38. If you find a hair strand in your food at a restaurant, how would you react?
Is she level headed or an unsuspecting germ freak waiting to explode?
39. Do you prefer a foot rub or a back rub?
What if she says foot rub? Are you ready for that much foot action?
40. Do you believe in ghosts? Have you seen one?
This one always leads to entertaining and engaging stories.
It’s a never a bad idea to have a few curve balls up your sleeve.
These random questions are sure to keep her on her toes.
Need some juicy questions to raise her eyebrows?
Here are the most random speed dating questions that will ensure she’ll never forget you.
41. How would your best friend describe you?
Probably the fastest way to the truth.
42. What is your dream job?
Is she the practical type or more of a dreamer?
43. What color best describes your personality?
There’s no straight forward way to interpret this one unless she says, ‘black,’ in which case, run for the hills.
44. What are you most passionate about?
Is she into making money, helping animals, or others, or something completely unexpected?
45. What do you consider your best attributes?
Is it something physical, or hopefully, something you can’t see.
When you’ve only got a few minutes to have some fun and get to know someone, never have I ever questions are your best friends. There’s a lot of flexibility here. You can go clean and sweet on these or throw in some never have I ever questions 18+ after dark. It’s all about what you’re looking for after the speed date is over.
46. Never have I ever sang a song in the bathroom.
Find out their go-to shower song.
47. Never have I ever drunk-dialed someone.
Always a great story behind this.
48. Never have I ever been trapped alone in an elevator.
Scary, crazy, and often funny: you’ll want to hear this story.
49. Never have I ever checked the inbox of someone else’s mobile.
Find out if they’re the spying type now.
50. Never have I ever been kicked out of bar.
Just how wild are they?
51. Never have I ever pulled a push door.
They have, but are they honest enough to admit it?
52. Never have I ever corrected someone’s grammar online.
Always good to know if you have to mind your p’s and q’s with her.
53. Never have I ever performed in public.
If they have, see if they’ll perform for you.
54. Never have I ever shouted and listened to my echo.
A great way to find out if they appreciate some childish fun.
55. Never have I ever flirted my way out of a speeding ticket.
See if they’ll recreate that flirting with you.
56. Never have I ever grabbed the wrong person’s hand.
If she has, the story will be a great ice breaker.
57. Never have I ever had a paranormal experience.
If they’ve had one, they’ll want to share it.
58. Never have I ever hid something under my mattress.
It’s not whether she’s hidden something there, it’s what.
59. Never have I ever drawn a mustache on somebody while they slept.
If not a mustache, then what? And where?
60. Never have I ever crushed on a school teacher.
Recounting first crushes is always a great way to create a quick bond.
The last impression you want to make during a speed date is a boring one.
The prospect of tantalizing conversation is one of the main incentives in soliciting a real date.
So having a quiver of truly interesting questions in your arsenal is of the upmost importance.
Here are 5 interesting speed dating questions:
61. How do you feel about global warming and its effect on polar bears?
Are the care bears the last kind of bear she ever cared about?
62. What’s expensive but totally worth it?
A great question to find out what she really values.
63. When was the last time you walked for more than an hour?
Her answer to this question is something to store away for a potential first date.
64. How much social interaction is too much?
Find out where she falls on the introvert/extrovert spectrum.
65. What’s your go-to funny story?
This question never fails to steer the mood in the right direction.
If you’re looking for the most efficient questions to maximize your time on a speed date, these this or that questions are exactly what you need.
Designed to get straight down to the bottom of things, these questions’ clever juxtaposition to one another is what makes them so darn effective.
And the best part, it only takes two seconds to dish them out, so you have more time to fire away.
Here are 6 this or that speed dating questions:
66. Text or call?
Everybody texts; it’s easy. But call? Who is this enigma?
67. Sing or Dance?
Is she a Taylor Swift or a Beyonce?
68. Cats or dogs?
Because the feline vs canine alliance has led to innumerable separations.
69. Beer or whiskey?
If she says whiskey, you better buckle up.
70. Indoors or outdoors?
Where will you be spending your free time?
71. Passenger or Driver?
Does she need to be in control, or can she let go and relax?
Hands down the most fun and interesting way to navigate a speed date, these would you rather questions will glean all the insights you could ever need into the girl across the table.
And playful by design, she’ll definitely be enjoying herself too much to even see the hidden daggers flying across the table.
Here are 6 would you rather speed dating questions:
72. Would you rather lose the ability to read or lose the ability to speak?
Is she a talker or a thinker?
73. Would you rather be without internet for a week, or without your phone?
How does she prefer to stay connected?
74. Would you rather win an Olympic Gold Medal or an Academy Award?
Is she an athlete or a performer?
75. Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue?
Does she enjoy pleasing others or manipulating them?
76. Would you rather be in jail for a year or lose a year off your life?
Is she a free spirit that can’t be caged?
77. Would you rather be on a survival reality show or dating game show?
Is she an adventurer or a hopeless romantic?
So now that you have volumes of speed dating questions in your back pocket, you’re probably wondering how to choose the best speed dating questions for you.
Well, there are ways to choose the dating questions in just a few simple steps.
Here is how to choose the best speed dating questions:
1. What’s the Time Limit?
Find out how much time you have for each speed date. Every event differs slightly.
If you’re pressed for time, consider rushing through an ice breaker into some deeper more probing questions to maximize your time.
2. Determine Your Deal Breakers
If you’re certain you’re not ready to take on someone else’s kids, be up front and ask this question first.
It will only save both of you valuable time and energy in the end.
3. Jot Down Your Biggest Wants
With your deal breakers out of the way, dig into your wants a little.
If you’re secretly longing for a girl who loves the outdoors but can also eat an entire pizza by herself, make sure you stow away a few of these higher level questions, too.
Downloadable List of Speed Dating Questions
Here is a downloadable list of Speed Dating Questions (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Great Questions To Ask
Don’t let the fun stop here. There are even more great questions to ask that are suitable for any date.
Check out these other questions to ask her that are certain to spark her interest.
- These questions to ask couples may just save your life at your next couples night out with Boring Bob and Simple Sarah.
- Need some expert help with breaking the ice? Check out these best conversation starters?
- When the conversation dries up and the silence becomes palpable, try out these smart conversation topics to get the mood going again.
- Aren’t you eager to learn who she really is? Cut to the chase with these probing personal questions that will definitely have her spilling the beans.
- After the intro first date questions are out of the way and you need to dig a little deeper, shell out a few of these thoughtful deep questions to peel away her outer layer.
Speed dating should be nothing but fun. And when properly equipped with the right speed dating questions, it should ideally lead to a fantastic first date.
And the first dates that follow a successful speed date will always go smoothly with the perfect first date questions.
Speed dating is a smart dating solution for a busy population of singles with no time to waste.
And knowing the right questions to ask will only ensure your speed date lands you the worthwhile date you’ve been waiting for.