If you're looking for weird questions to ask, look no further.
I know you need some questions to ask. Being quite the expert about funny conversation starters, trust me when I say that you need these weird questions to ask people the next time you need some things to talk about while making your friends laugh out loud.
Let's dive right in!
Best Weird Questions To Ask
1. Which mythical creature do you want to become?
This is a fun question that tells you about a person's fantasies. Ask them why they want to become that particular mythical creature and see what they really want underneath.
2. What is the weirdest thing you posted on the Internet?
Whether it's a conspiracy theory or asking people what they would bring to a deserted island, social media has been an outlet for anyone's weirdest searches and ideas. But it's a good question to ask, either way.
3. Ideally, into how many slices should you divide a pizza?
A random question like this may be strange to some, but sometimes this is just what you need to break the ice. You never know; you may be asking about her favorite food, which may make her think of getting pizza with you. Try it out!
4. Which comes first, chickens or eggs? Eggs or chickens?
Have you ever heard this ice breaker question before? I bet you have. You'll find out how creative someone is when they justify which of these came first.
5. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
Open-ended questions like this can begin a great conversation because they can respond in any way. You'll find out a lot about her with this interesting question because it will tell you what she values the most.
6. You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called, and what's the premise?
You're the producer, the writer, the director. Make it great! Hypothetical questions are fun because they make the one you're talking to really think. Also, answering a hypothetical question is easier than choosing things with real repercussions, which is an easy tension-breaker.
7. You are playing a video game on a bet, and you're almost winning but suddenly your girlfriend called, will you answer it or not?
Funny question or difficult question? It's probably best to reply to this question carefully, especially if the woman you want to be your girlfriend is also in the same room.
8. What funniest joke do you know that doesn't make other people laugh?
Funny things may vary for each person. What's funny for you may not be funny to other people. Sometimes, it's the way you tell the joke that makes it funny. Ask them to tell the joke the best way they can, and I guarantee that the ineffectiveness of the joke will be extremely funnier than the joke itself.
9. You accidentally ate some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the superpower of your choice! What's it gonna be?
Instead of asking, "What superpower would you choose?", adding a little flair to a question is effective. Plus, it's a great conversation starter. Once you get them talking about what they'll do with their chosen superpower, you'll be talking about it for hours.
10. The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier have given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous person of your choice. So which late celebrity will you bring back to life?
See? It's a weird way of asking a normal question. But, it's a great question to find out which celebrity crush of hers is still on her mind, even if they're dead.
11. Name the top five things to take with you during a zombie apocalypse.
Who hasn't thought of this? You should probably take your favorite thing with you... which would probably vary with each person. It may be an old blanket, an important piece of jewelry, or maybe even your favorite cereal.
12. What normal things do you think are sometimes not normal?
If this were an interview question in a talk show, we'd have more interesting talk shows. We all have our quirks and random qualities, but our uniqueness sometimes can be strange to other people. Find out which ones are weirder than most.
13. When was the last time you binge ate peanut butter in a hotel room?
If you were asking this question to a kid, you probably wouldn't get an answer. But if you asked this to a capable adult, they might say that they did this sometime last week. After all, who can afford to binge eat peanut butter in a hotel room?
14. What is the craziest thing that you plan to have before dying?
Ditch the small talk and ask personal questions like this to get up close and deep with her. Maybe she wants to have an expensive sports car or a mansion filled with dogs before she dies. Finding out stuff like this will definitely help you learn more about her.
15. How many times a day do you look in the mirror with just your underwear on?
Are they admiring themselves or combing over their insecurities obsessively? Ask this question when you're a little comfortable with each other so that you don't bring up any insecurities she may be on the fence about.
16. What do you bring most to a friendship?
You'll know quickly whether they are capable of your quality level of friendship by what you answer. You'll also see if they're able to give themselves enough credit. Are they afraid to ask for what they need, or do they see their job as giving and giving and giving in relationships?
17. Do you think an elephant can make a good pet?
Some people may think it's the funniest thing in the world to get an elephant as a pet, but it may be a good idea to do. They're friendly giants who can play with you with their trunk, and that sounds like a lot of fun.
18. If you were a student at Hogwarts, which teacher would you rather have from the choices given?
J.K. Rowling built a wonderfully magical world with countless interesting characters. There were a lot of authority figures there who we can all learn a lot from. If you haven't read the books, you're missing out.
19. Do you like someone?
Maybe she'll tell you she likes you. But, if your biggest fear is being rejected, be careful when asking this question. Because if she says yes and it's not you, then that's humiliating.
20. Tomorrow you have a date with someone in this room. Who would be the worst choice?
This is one of the most embarrassing questions to ask in a public place, especially if you are friends with the people who can hear you. Make sure you ask this with discretion!
21. Which surgery do you believe should never exist?
There are many different and scary surgeries that we can't imagine happening, even with all these medical TV shows and videos on the Internet showing us how they're done. Find out which one she thinks shouldn't exist and ask her why.
22. When was the last time you literally stopped to smell flowers?
If her favorite smell is the smell of flowers, find out what kind she likes, and if there's a particular shop, she goes to smell them. If it's been a while, consider going to a park or the local conservatory. We have date ideas!
23. What ice cream flavor do you think best describes your life?
Whether it's your favorite color or your favorite ice cream flavor, questions like this are good ice breakers because it's impossible that you don't have any of these. The one you're asking will have an answer, either way.
24. How did you learn what it meant to be a man?
Some inspiration is what you need if you're feeling a little down. A man needs the inspiration to feel strong and confident, so find out what kind of inspiration he had.
25. Do you have any rituals before accepting any guests?
We've all probably had guests come over to our homes during our favorite holiday. Asking this question gives you a guide of what you should or should not do before coming to his home.
26. What unwritten rules will you add to the law to make you exempt from a certain crime?
People may sometimes have some personal tendencies that the law may not agree with. Find out what they are and see what kind of man he is inside.
27. Which is one movie that you cannot watch with anyone?
Some shows require a quiet room with no commentary to fully enjoy. Some people have a crush on a fictional character, so watching that movie with them may be embarrassing for them.
28. What is the worst thing you ever did after drinking a mandatory amount of alcohol?
Drunk stories are the best stories. When you get comfortable enough to ask this, go ahead and find out their funniest drunken moments and have a good laugh.
29. What songs are included in the soundtrack to your life?
Music is a fantastic way to connect with someone. When you find out their favorite song, it actually gives you a peek into their soul. Make sure you keep an open mind and try to listen to that song; you might find yourself liking it too.
30. Which ridiculous fact do you know that you will dare to correct?
The world has endless possibilities, so whatever ridiculous facts you may know, there will be a lot of ways to refute them too. Asking this question will tell you how she justifies things and finds loopholes to make her case.
31. Which day do you think the start of the week is, Sunday or Monday?
If the beginning of the week is Sunday, your week is almost halfway over by Tuesday! It can even be any day of the week, as long as Friday is still open for beer nights.
32. If you could explore anything Indiana Jones/Lara Croft style in a living world, where would you go first?
Exploring ancient ruins while being pursued by bad guys would be an interesting way to live. Plus, it gives you the chance to travel wherever you want. Double-win!
33. Will you tell anyone the most embarrassing thing that you have done when you are drunk?
Drunk calling someone may be a popular response to this question. If you want to have a deep conversation, you have to take your chances and ask deep questions, even if there's a risk of being awkward.
34. Will humans spread out among the stars or just be a brief blip in Earth's history?
Will the human race destroy itself or discover a way to chart the galaxy? It's a weird question, definitely, but it may start a good exchange. Try it out.
35. Do you have a secret talent but are not willing to share?
Sometimes, a little nudge is all we need. Ask this question and be attentive to what they say. If they're not comfortable sharing, then that's fine, but just try to ask the question.
36. What body part do you want to improve from your current body to escape aging?
Insecurities about personal appearance may be a sensitive topic, so be careful when you ask this question. Be respectful and courteous when you talk about the body.
37. At what point of the rest of your life are you good enough?
Or should you always strive for more? When you ask this, you'll find out the parts that she's particularly proud of and the parts that she feels she wants to elevate.
38. Do you believe that eternity exists?
We all have our belief systems, and that says a lot about who we are as people. When you ask a question like this, be sure to keep an open mind and a respectful demeanor.
39. Never have I ever had laughed at my funniest name?
Funny nicknames are usually given to us when we are kids. Some of those may be particularly embarrassing, but the day we can laugh about them is the day we can consider ourselves adults.
40. Never have I ever talked to an inanimate object?
When we have a lot of thoughts, sometimes we just speak to the things around us. You can even ask them to recall what they talked about.
41. Never have I ever talked to monkeys during a zoo date.
That's weird, but when you're in a zoo, sometimes talking to animals seems inevitable. Haven't you ever done this? Elephants, lions, and dolphins may be the best one-way conversationalists you meet.
42. Never have I ever searched the trash bin looking for something I accidentally threw away?
We've all been there, but what made someone dive into that dumpster? If it was something particularly important and your mind is also particularly occupied that day, well, I know I would dive into the trash. Would you?
43. Never have I ever wondered if I would die if I swallowed gum?
If they hadn't thought of it before...they are starting to now. You can also ask them if their parents have ever said anything to make them afraid of swallowing gum.
44. Never have I ever thought that pineapple has real eyes?
I told you this would be weird. I mean, have you ever heard this question before? But try it out; you'll never know. Maybe it leads to a good exchange.
45. Never have I recorded myself doing my favorite dance moves and send it to my crush?
There are strange and outrageous things we do to impress the people we like. Find out if she's one of these people who has done this crazy thing.
46. Never have I ever went to a grocery store and realized I forgot my wallet at the cashier?
This can happen to anyone at some point in their lives. It's funny and embarrassing, but talking about it will surely break the ice.
47. Never have I ever pretended like I'm a real-life superhero such as Batman or Superman.
If there were people we wanted to be, our heroes would be the best option. Whether it's Batman, Superman, or even Aquaman, discussing this choice would be a good way to get her talking.
48. Who is most likely to become rich and act like a hero?
Find out now and be sure never to lose contact. There is always one in the group who you're sure will go places and really succeed in life.
49. Who is most likely to give all their money to charity?
Who usually covers everyone's bill? It's that person. Again, another one you should never lose contact with. You never know; they may just be the people who you need in the future.
50. Who is most likely to die of something stupid?
Pick out the one who will never grow out of their stupidity. Let's hope it doesn't actually happen, though. Keep an eye out for these people, okay?
51. Who is most likely to meet a ghost?
Good to find this out now and then avoid them when entering old, abandoned mansions. Some people are more spiritual than others, so maybe it's those people who are more likely to interact with spirits.
52. Who is most likely to go hiking with strangers?
Probably the same one who will die of something stupid. Again, let's hope that they have the common sense to avoid situations like this.
53. Who is most likely to have a bad sense of humor?
The one who has slow reflexes and wit may be falling behind on the sense of humor train. Your friends may even appreciate it if you point it out. Just be kind about it, though.
54. Who is most likely to become addicted to dairy?
Find the cheese fiend in your midst. Or the milk master. Pick the one who always asks for extra butter or cheese when you go out to eat.
55. Who is more likely to keep weapons in their car?
Who's the most paranoid friend you know? They'd probably be keeping weapons in their car or at their house. Be careful of these people, though. If they get into heated arguments, well, I wouldn't want to be there when it happens.
56. Who is most likely to open a present before the prescribed date?
Find out, then be sure never to let them near gifts early. Whether it's Christmas, their birthday, or even just a special occasion, this person's excitement or impatience may ruin any surprise you have planned.
57. Who is most likely to help a thief escape?
Kind-hearted, or were they just the easiest to buy off? Whichever is the case, let's all hope that they wouldn't let the thief escape if the thief was stealing from your apartment.
58. Have you ever eaten paper?
It's strange to ask, but some people just have weird habits or tendencies to try weird things. Find out if your new friend has ever tried this.
59. What do you think your five-year-old self will tell you?
Maybe it goes along the lines of, "Hey, even if your favorite season is Christmas and you're excited to open your presents, there is nothing better than opening them with your parents on a cold Christmas morning."
60. When you poop at home, do you drop your pants around your ankles or take them all the way off?
Why take it all the way off if you're not going to shower afterward? Disgusting as this may be, find out if your new friend's hygiene is something you can put up with.
61. What can you talk about for hours?
Be surprised when they have prepared an hour-long PowerPoint presentation to talk about their favorite letter of the alphabet. Or maybe that one loophole in their favorite movie.
62. Are you afraid to ride an ambulance?
People have some strange fears about hospitals and ambulances, which is to be expected since sickness and death are inevitable. Sometimes, even just taking some medicine sends people into a tantrum that never ends.
63. Do you smell your armpits?
I know it's gross, but sometimes we just can't avoid having to smell ourselves to check if we need to take a shower. Additional question: How do you try to smell it when there are people around?
Ultimate List of Weird Questions To Ask
Strange Questions To Ask That Are Hilariously Funny
People love to laugh and they really like people who make them laugh. So when you run out of funny questions to ask, get goofy with these funny, weird questions to ask! You'll undoubtedly have a good time.
- What would be the worst “buy one get one free” sale of all time?
- Where was the most in appropriate / most embarrassing place you’ve farted?
- In three people you hate the most which one would you choose to kill, marry and kiss?
- What combination of items could you buy which will obviously make cashier uncomfortable?
- If you had to start a rumor, what would it be?
- If life was like a musical, people start dancing and singing out of nowhere, what would you do?
- If violence is not the answer, then is it the question?
- What name would your pet give you if you have changed roles?
- If mysteries are unsolved cases, then why do we call it “unsolved mysteries”?
- Do penguins have knees?
- If there’s a fire outbreak, where would you run?
- What would you like to turn into in an hour?
- What was your silliest solution when toilet wasn’t flushing in someone else’s house?
- What astonishing rule would you invent for your friends to follow it?
Weird Ice Breaker Questions To Share Some Laughs
You'll love our curated list of ice breaker questions to keep you on your toes. These ice breaker games are sure to get some laughs or invite deep thinking and greater intimacy and compassion.
- What is your cellphone wallpaper?
- What fruit or vegetable would you most want to be?
- If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick?
- What season would you be?
- What’s the most out-of-character thing you’ve ever done?
- If you were a potato product, what would you be?
- Can you do an impression of someone famous?
- What is something your mother or father often does that you find yourself doing?
- What scent or picture brings back memories for you?
- If it was raining tacos, would you eat them?
- If you had to go without drinking coffee or tea for the rest of your life, which one would you choose to live without?
Share This Image On Your Site
Unusual Questions To Ask A Girl That'll Catch Her Off Guard
Thinking of questions to ask a girl can be tough. Remember: we're all weird in our own ways so ask the following weird questions to ask a girl and she might like your quirks.
Here are unusual questions to ask a girl:
- Who’s the weirdest person I wouldn’t believe you actually had a crush on?
- Would you kill a cockroach for me? I’m scared.
- What would your life be called if it was a sitcom series?
- If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why?
- What strange food combination do you absolutely enjoy but many other people hate?
- If I suddenly caught fire and you happened to be drinking a glass of water, would you throw the water on me?
- If you could “right-click” people, what options would appear?
- If you were to choose the most amazing person in the world right now, why would you choose me?
- What mildly annoying curse do you wish you could curse people with?
- If there was a perfume that was based on your natural scent, what would it be called?
Uncomfortable Questions To Ask A Guy
Men and women have different ways of conversing. It's a well-known fact that men aren't as keen on talking about their feelings as women. When guys who are strangers talk to each other, the discussion generally steers toward hobbies. Nothing wrong with that.
Maybe one of your female friends has a new boyfriend, and she wants to know what you think of him. You'll have to get crafty to get the information you need, so try our questions to ask a guy article for some inspiration.
If those aren't what you're looking for, the following weird questions to ask a guy will help you find out if he has a strange side and isn't afraid to embrace it. If he can respond to these without being standoffish about it, he's probably a cool guy and your friend picked a good one. Who knows? Maybe you've made a new friend or learned a few things yourself!
- Do you always have women over at your place?
- Have you ever been attracted to another guy?
- What are your exes like?
- Did you stalk your last girlfriend on social media?
- Is it intimidating if a woman makes more money than you?
- Would you want to experience childbirth if you could?
- What do you think about dating someone who is a parent?
- Have I ever done something to you that pissed you off, but you didn't mention it?
- What do you feel for your ex-girlfriend now?
- What is the worst thing about being a guy?
- What’s your biggest fashion faux pas?
Freaky Questions To Ask When Getting To Know Someone
Getting to know someone can be tough, especially if you can't figure out what to talk about. Asking someone about themselves is the best way to achieve your goal, but what if you don't know what to ask?
We have a list of get to know you questions that will get you started but if you want to be quirky, try out these weird questions to ask to get to know someone and show your strange side.
- Do you think there’s a difference between having sex and making love?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done when banging someone?
- What makes a woman attractive to you?
- Are you a giver or receiver?
- What do you think is your best physical feature?
- What kind of music do you like in the bedroom?
- What words and phrases turn you off?
- What makes you feel good?
- What character are you most attracted to and why?
- What inspires you to make the first move?
Weird But Meaningful Questions To Ask
Deep questions to ask are perfect for figuring out how a person's brain operates. These thought provoking questions to ask someone will make your conversational partner think, "That's a weird question..." but they'll respond to it nonetheless and you'll have a deeper understanding of what's going on in that brain of theirs.
- Would you rather live a long but poor or live a short but extremely wealthy life?
- What is the one thing you would never buy?
- Why is it called rush hour when it is the slowest time in traffic?
- At what age do we stop playing with toys?
- Why are we afraid of making mistakes since we also learn from them?
- If the world has a global debt, who are they owing?
- What organ in your body can you readily donate?
- If you buy a bigger bed, will you have more bed-room? Or less bed-room?
- Would you rather be a dragon or a unicorn?
- Since it’s your first time searching for it, why is it called research?
- Why aren’t humans buried vertically to save more space?
Never Have I Ever Questions That Are Odd To Ask
Let's be honest, never have I ever questions should always be a bit weird. It's kind of a weird way to get some crazy information out of people.
However, there's a significant difference between your standard, unexpected never have I ever questions, and the ones we've got here. These questions don't just take people by surprise; they take answers in bizarre directions.
- Never have I ever had a friend with benefits?
- Never have I ever had credit card debt?
- Never have I ever peed or pooped my pants as an adult?
- Never have I ever tried to make an ex jealous?
- Never have I ever returned something after I wore it?
- Never have I ever eaten food off the floor that broke the five-second rule?
- Never have I ever eaten someone else's food from a communal fridge?
- Never have I ever gone streaking?
- Never have I ever gotten stopped by airport security?
- Never have I ever given someone a fake phone number?
Not Your Typical Most Likely To Questions
The charm of most likely to questions is two-fold. One, you get to play psychic and predict the future for your friends. And two, you find out what people think of one another's prospects in life.
However, a lot of most likely to questions are pretty basic. You probably know who will get a good job or move far away most of the time. But what about some weird, crazy stuff people might experience? Who's most likely to have those adventures?
- Most likely to join a cult?
- Most likely to be late for everything?
- Most likely to pick their nose when they think nobody is watching?
- Most likely to scream in the middle of a horror movie?
- Most likely to change the world?
- Most likely to give you a compliment behind your back?
- Most likely to keep a secret?
- Most likely to try to embarrass you in front of your crush?
- Most likely to hide a zombie bite?
- Most likely to get starstruck meeting a celebrity?
- Most likely to break their phone the first day they get it?
- Most likely to marry someone they just met?
Curious Questions Yet Weird To Ask A New Friend
Don't be afraid to bring out the weirdness in you. These questions to ask a new friend can make them raise their eyebrows, but they'll have fun answering anyway.
- What’s the most unexpected or unusual thing on your bucket list?
- Do you like to recharge alone or around other people?
- What’s your most used emoji?
- What do you usually have for breakfast?
- Are you a right brain or left brain person?
- Do you believe in your horoscope?
- How would you spend your birthday if money was no object?
- If you had unlimited free time, how would you spend it?
- Which is more romantic: flowers and gifts or a candlelit meal?
Downloadable and Printable List of Weird Questions To Ask
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of Weird questions to ask (right click the image and select Save Image As...):
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any more things you want to clear up about weird questions to ask people? Check these frequently asked questions and see if they answer anything.
What is the strangest question you hear someone asked?
Have you ever drank coffee from a cup left by someone else at a coffee shop? Or maybe, is having a snake as a pet make you more perceptive about the world? Whatever it is, a question is strange when it doesn't make any sense.
What makes a question, weird?
A question is weird when it's out of context and completely random. Like the questions on this list, the randomness is what makes the questions strange and weird.
Why does everyone ask weird questions? Is it normal to ask such questions?
People ask weird questions because they just need some way to break the ice and ease tension. It's normal, in a sense that we all just want to clear the awkward air and have something to talk about, even if it is just about weird stuff.
Are questions that are weird, offensive to ask?
Some may be offensive to ask, but sometimes, they may be alright when you ask them in good faith. Just steer clear of inappropriate topics, to be sure.
How do I know if I'm asking a really freaky question to the woman I like?
The list above has a lot of questions to ask a girl you like, but if you want to know if you're asking a freaky question, just put yourself in her shoes. If you were asked that particular question, would you feel okay about it?
Is there any benefit in asking these types of questions?
Besides breaking the ice, asking these types of questions still help you get to know the other person. It might be unconventional and a little awkward at first, but it enables you to learn about each other.
How to Ask Weird Questions
Asking weird questions shows that you're creative and don't mind being silly. That you can be yourself and be confident about it. People will respond and they'll like you more. However, you still need to know how to successfully spark conversations.
1. Let go of your pride
When you think you're too cool to be silly, you're boring, and if you want an interesting conversation, you can't be boring.
2. Preface the questions (or don't)
Some people aren't comfortable with their weirdness. If they seem a little uptight, ask if they want to trade weird questions and see who can ask the weirdest one. If the one you're already talking to seems a little out there, ask away to get on their level.
3. Pay Attention
Being too weird throws people off. Be attentive to how your questions are received and tone it down to ensure the discussion doesn't go awry.
4. Know the Difference Between Weird and Random
One important note:
Being random is NOT the same as being weird. Being random is what you do with your best friend. You know each other extremely well and understand each others' humor, so it's understood that you're going to be ridiculous together with your inside jokes and silly antics. Being random with a stranger or someone you want to like is annoying. If you want to make friends, randomness is your enemy.
For example, simply asking "Container?" is random and allows for no reasonable answer. On the other hand, asking a person, "What's your favorite container?" is random, yes, but it also offers them to think about a special keepsake box, a piggy bank from their childhood, or some other thing. This is what I mean when I talk about being random. As long as you offer a chance for a reasonable response, you can engage in a meaningful conversation.
More Great Questions to Ask
Looking for more great questions to ask? We've got you covered:
- Would you rather questions are always a blast to ask and are perfect at getting a group of strangers to open up. You'll be the life of any party if you use them.
- If the talking is dwindling and you seem to be losing a person's interest, try some random questions to ask. You might bring the exchange back from the brink of failing.
- Get to know you questions are a must to get to know someone!
Now, you're all set with the weird questions to ask a girl you like.
The next time you need some things to talk about, go back to these funny conversation starters so you have some questions to ask people you've just met or people you really want to talk to.
These may be weird questions to ask people but I promise you, you'll be laughing and talking happily with the girl you like in no time.