Manliness isn't always easy.
Not only are we expected to lift all the heavy stuff, we're not supposed to cry when Lassie dies.
There are, however, certain life tips that can help you on your journey to manliness. They are unwritten and unspoken laws of manhood. These manly life tips will almost instantly turn you from a boy to a man.
So... keep reading and get ready for some new chest hair.
57 Life Tips to Become a Better Man
1. Drink your coffee black.
2. Never go back to an old love.
3. Remember names.
5. Don't burn bridges.
6. Exercise everyday.
7. Read more.
Check out: The 10 Best Websites for Men
8. Always have your wallet.
9. Pay with cash.
10. Never go dutch.
11. Be the last one to sit down.
12. Make eye contact.
13. Maintain eye contact.
14. Okay look away too much eye contact.
15. Don't drink alone.
16. Don't be the 'drunk guy'.
17. Don't be judgmental.
18. Walk slower.
19. Talk slower.
20. Eat slower.
21. Pay off your debt ASAP.
22. Build an emergency fund.
23. Build a nest egg.
24.Get over your fear of public speaking.
25. Drink more water.
26. Give women more flowers.
27. Find a sport or hobby you enjoy.
Check out: The 50 Best Hobbies for Men
28. Do it at least once a week.
29. Live in the present, but plan for the future.
30. Develop a code to live by.
31. Recite it every day.
32. Be good at cooking at least one dish.
33. Don't belittle people.
34. Listen more, talk less.
35. Think more, act less.
36. Be comfortable with silence.
37. Learn the art of the handshake and the shave.
38. Smile more.
39. Tell the people you love that you love them.
40. Talk to your mom once a week.
41. Spend time alone.
42. Get up before 8 every morning.
43. Don't doubt yourself.
44. Remove "I can't" from your vocabulary.
45. Accept mistakes as something to learn from.
46. Tell yourself you're happy.
47. Believe that you're happy.
48. Be a romantic.
49. Pick your battles.
50. Build your willpower.
51. Always keep promises.
52. Be confident.
53. Be a man of your word.
54. Be a man of character.
55. Have morals.
56. Have goals.
57. Enjoy your life.
These manliness tips are guidelines... they're not one size fits all. I leave you with two quick steps to becoming a better man:
First... adapt these tips to fit you and your life. Second... always strive to be a better man, a better you.
In the words of Ernest Hemminway:
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”