Funny dares are a fantastic way to improve your game of Truth or Dare.
And Truth or Dare questions are a hilarious way to spice up a conversation when you run out of questions to ask. Of course, It can sometimes be hard to think of good dares...
...but no worries!
This list of 47 funny dares will help you keep the laughs coming.
Ultimate List of Funny Dares
Remember back when you were a kid, and you played truth or dare with your friends? Do you remember all the laughter, the embarrassment, and all fun? Well, it's time to continue laughing and have more crazy times! The ultimate list of funny dares is everything you need to have the craziest and most hilarious night (or day). Bring your circle of family and friends closer, test their limits, and make even more memories!
21 Best Funny Dares For A Wild Truth or Dare Game
The funnier the dares, the better the game.
Add some of these 21 best funny dares to your arsenal for the funniest game of Truth or Dare you'll ever play.
1. Go outside and dance like a cowboy.
I recommend the Boot Scootin' Boogie.
2. Do a model runway walk outside on the sidewalk.
You're strong. You're beautiful. Now get out there and strut your stuff.
3. Pour a cup of ice cold or hot water on yourself outside
Do NOT boil or freeze the water. Both could end in a trip to the hospital.
4. Stand in you front yard, wave and say 'Hi!' to everyone you see.
You might find someone to join the game for a few rounds!
5. Call your crush and explain the rules of monopoly to him/her.
Monopoly was originally called "The Landlord's Game" and was intended to educate people about the dangers of capitalism.
6. You must ask the group for permission to use the bathroom for the rest of the night.
Ask if you can "go potty" for some easy laughs.
7. Whenever someone says "like" you must say " there you go again" for the next hour.
This pairs well with a hard eye roll.
8. For the duration of the game you must yell out exclamations randomly.
Holy whiskers, you go sisters!
9. Everything you say for the next 15 minutes must be sung to the tune of "Happy Birthday".
The song, "Happy Birthday to You" was copyrighted for over 80 years.
10. Smell the feet of everyone in the room and rank them from best to worst.
This is just evil.
11. Eat a teaspoon of either mustard, soy sauce or hot sauce.
Soy sauce tastes salty. Hot sauce tastes hot. Mustard tastes like garbage. Pick your poison.
12. Eat a bite out of a sandwich made from each person choosing one ingredient to put on the sandwich.
Toothpaste is a completely valid ingredient.
13. Pretend to be the person on your right for 10 minutes.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
14. Eat a mouthful of crackers and then try and whistle.
Whistle while you work... out how to swallow those crackers.
15. Pretend that you are underwater for the next 10 minutes.
You can take this literally and pretend to be dead.
16. Talk without closing your mouth.
You're trying this right now, aren't you?
17. Take an embarrassing selfie and post it as your profile picture.
Shove your chin into your neck, open your eyes as wide as possible, and smile real big!
18. Talk to a pillow like it’s your crush.
Do a quick search on the term "Waifu." Just be sure to have safe search on.
19. Sing a song chosen by the group while eating spoonfuls of peanut butter.
20. Color one of your front teeth black.
Bonus points if you talk in a Southern accent.
21. Call your mom and tell her you can't find a girlfriend in a very panicked voice.
A typical Friday night filled with existential dread.
15 Funny Dares for Adults
Just because you got a little older, doesn't mean you can't enjoy playing Truth or Dare.
We have countless truth or dare questions for adults that are sure to liven up a boring house party or dinner party. Besides... It's always fun to embrace your childish side.
22. Sit on the lap of the person on your right for the rest of the game!
And tell him what you want for Christmas, little one.
23. Call a NY-style pizza place and ask them what the difference is between NY pizza and “real” pizza.
Be sure your number is blocked. New York pizza is no joke.
24. Call a pizza place and ask if they use cruelty-free wheat in their dough.
And do they use free-range water to hydrate it?
25. Sniff the armpit of the person next to you, and describe what it smells like to the entire group.
The first commercial deodorant was made in 1888.
26. Make a hand puppet by drawing a face on your hand, and use your hand to say what you want to say.
The number one rule of hand puppets is they can't have the same voice as you.
27. Have a full conversation with yourself in a mirror.
There's nothing quite like having a conversation with an attractive person.
28. Sing like an opera singer.
Bonus points if you can sing in Italian, German, or French.
29. Give yourself a mohawk.
Party on, Garth.
30. Go outside and try to summon the rain.
It's important to shout loudly and dance wildly.
31. Crack an egg into each of your shoes. Put them back on.
Suggest adding salt and pepper to the eggs before putting their feet back in. This one is just mean.
32. Lay on the floor and act like a piece of frying bacon.
Don't forget to sizzle and pop!
33. Smear peanut butter all over your face for a 30 minute facial.
Peanuts have an abundance of oils that are healthy for the skin... Unless you have a peanut allergy.
34. Call a stranger and tell them a secret.
Call your text-door neighbor!
35. Pour a gallon of milk over your head.
Gross. And now you've got the chills.
36. Make up a rap about pizza and koalas.
Unleash your inner Kanye.
11 Truth Questions, That are Basically Dares
You can't get through a game of Truth or Dare without truth questions.
The following truth questions that are basically funny dares will make you dig deep for the answer and say things you really don't want to share.
37. Why do you like your crush?
Get poetic and let it all out.
38. Have you ever lied for truth in Truth or Dare?
39. Have you ever broken anything of someone else's and not told the person?
The 1985 classic The Goonies has a hilarious scene based on this.
40. Who do you have a crush on?
If it's someone in the room, be a man and say it. Best case scenario, you have a new girlfriend. Worst case, things get awkward for a bit.
41. Have you ever played sick because you didn't want to see a friend?
Good old fashioned social anxiety.
42. If you had to choose between _________ and _________ who would you go out with?
Love is in the air.
43. What little kids shows do you watch that no one knows about?
A not so fun fact: The Wiggles give a thumbs up when taking pictures with child fans to avoid potential lawsuits.
44. What's the dumbest thing you ever said or did around a person you liked?
Everyone has a memory or 10 that makes them cringe. Luckily in most cases, you're the only one who remembers it.
45. What is your secret wish?
If you tell people it'll still come true because it's not a birthday wish.
46. What is the longest you have ever gone without a shower?
We've all embraced our inner slob and didn't leave the house for a few days.
47. What is something you’ve done to try to be ‘cooler’?
As long as you're true to yourself, you're always a cool guy.
4 Embarrassingly Funny Dares
There's no reason you can't have fun while doing your dares. If you want dares that'll make you laugh more than anything, try these funny embarrassing dares.
48.Swap clothes from the person beside you.
This dare could lead to all kinds of laughter and embarrassment - especially if the person next to you is a much different size - or a different gender!
49. Call a 7-Eleven and ask if they’re open
This one is super funny because 7/11 is famous for being open 24/9 (duh). Obviously, the people on the other end of the phone won't be too thrilled that you're asking them such a stupid question.
50. Let someone else style your hair and keep it that way for the rest of the day
Hopefully, you'll pick someone you trust to style your hair. Otherwise, it could be a very long (and hilarious) day indeed.
51. Get into a debate with a wall
To make this one really funny, you have to choose a subject that you're extremely passionate about. Whatever you do, don't let the wall win the debate.
5 Funny Dares Over Text
If you want to laugh your head off while playing truth or dare over text, try these funny dares over text.
52. Call a random number, and when someone picks up, immediately start singing the National Anthem
Another prank call dare that can lead to some serious laughter, this idea could have everyone in the text chat laughing like crazy. Just make sure to record the call.
53. Go on Facebook and write "How do you spell "facebook"?" as your status
Expect to get tons of people making fun of you when you post this status. But hey, that's what dares are all about right?
54. Text someone using only your nose
This is a super fun one, and it's actually easier than you might think. Nonetheless, much of the message might end up getting "lost in translation."
55. Apply makeup without looking at a mirror and take a selfie
Unless you have serious makeup skills, your face probably isn't going to turn out that well if you try this dare. The funniest part is that you have to show the selfie to everyone.
56. Knock on your neighbor's door and ask if they have a spare condom
Could this be the very definition of embarrassing? Probably. One thing's for sure, you'll probably never forget the look on your neighbor's face when you ask them this question.
10 Funny But Also Fun Dares
What’s better than funny dares? Funny but also fun dares!
57. Stand in the back yard and yell at the top of your lungs, “Nooooo! I was adopted!”
Just how hilariously awkward would that be for your neighbors?
58. Call a car part store and tell them that you need a part for your Model T.
How funny would it be if they say they’ve got just what you are looking for?
59. Call the library and ask if they carry a dictionary that translates British to American.
Believe it or not, such things exist, at least online: check this one out.
60. Take a picture of a tampon and post it on Instagram.
Not a used one, though!
61. Call a Chinese restaurant and ask if they have sushi.
We bet you will be able to hear them roll their eyes over the phone.
62. Hold your nose while talking.
Just remember to breathe through your mouth.
63. Do as many squats as you can. On the front lawn.
You get to have fun and work out at the same time — it doesn’t get better than that.
64. Make a silly face and keep it that way until the next round.
That should require a fair bit of concentration!
65. Have a full conversation with yourself in a mirror.
Time to see if you are as good a conversationalist as you thought you were!
66. Let someone wax your back.
Um, you might want to hold someone’s hand for moral support, especially if you’ve never been waxed before.
10 Funny Dares for Guys
Boys will be boys, which means they should love these funny dares for guys.
67. Hold hands with the person next to you.
Things suddenly got a lot more intimate.
68. Color your teeth with lipstick.
You get to pick the color!
69. Call a drug store and ask them which laxative is the most effective. After they answer, ask how many they have.
What? It happens to everyone.
70. Walk like a crab for the rest of the game.
If you are not sure how it’s done, here is a video demonstration.
71. Call a random girl from your class and tell her that you want to break up.
She’ll probably feel relieved.
72. Snapchat a picture of your elbow and caption it “My favorite part of my body.”
Some people’s elbows are quite pretty.
73. Use your feet as your hands, picking up anything you need with your toes.
That’s really handy, actually (if you’ll forgive the pun).
74. Tape your mouth shut.
Ah, finally, some blessed silence.
75. Eat a mouthful of raw pasta.
Be sure to wash it down with a big glass of water (or else you might need that laxative after all).
6 fun yet embarrassing dares
We said that we can't assure our dare ideas aren't embarrassing, because dares are extra fun if they're embarrassing dares. Embarrass anyone (don't worry, nothing too bad!) with these dares. They may be embarrassed at first, but they'll find that they would enjoy these dares.
76. Do a model runway walk outside on the sidewalk.
Give it your best, like you're in a real runway.
77. Call your crush and confess your feelings.
You never know... it might be the start of something special.
78. Go outside and pretend you're cutting the grass with an invisible mower.
Once you've mastered it, you can offer your services to your neighbors for free.
79. Close your eyes, sit on someone's lap, and guess who the person is.
Can you guess someone just by sitting on their lap? Let's see your skills.
80. Apply peanut butter to your face.
This is the new skincare routine that you need to try!
81. Go out and hug 5 trees, each for 30 seconds.
They say you need 8 hugs a day. Get the 5 done with trees.
Downloadable and Printable List of Funny Dares
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of funny dares (right click the image and select Save Image As...):
How to Best Use Funny Dares
It's always terrifying when your best friend holds your fate in his hands.
Keep calm and remember to follow these 3 simple steps when using funny dares.
1. Own your dares
Whenever you're dared to do something, your best bet is to perform it with 110% enthusiasm. It's more fun and less embarrassing that way.
2. Have backup dares
Some dares might be too intense for some people and they may pass. Always have backups just in case.
3. Relax and have fun
Don't take Truth or Dare too seriously. It's all for laughs!
More Great Truth Or Dare Questions
- For other fun and hilarious questions check out our would you rather questions! What will you choose?
- If you're embracing your goofy side, random questions are right up your alley.
- It's always good to have funny questions to ask to keep the laughs coming.
The next time you're playing Truth or Dare with a group of friends, be sure to pull out this list of 56 funny dares for a hilarious get-together.
Your sides will hurt from laughing so much.