Everyone needs to know the truth or dare questions for adults that's why we've rounded up the best in this post.
As an expert conversationalist, some of the best questions I know have been featured in Elite Daily and The Odyssey Online. The list I have here will create the excitement and tension you'd expect from adult truth or dare.
Let's start having fun!
7 Best Truth Or Dare Questions For Adults
It may have been a little while since you've played truth or dare, so you can expect to be a little rusty. The best truth or dare questions get people to open up, but don't scare them off. They add some excitement as a party game but don't pull the fire alarm.
1. What is one embarrassing fact I should know about you?
This is a great early-round icebreaker truth question. We all have at least one embarrassing secret we keep to ourselves. It's up to you to tell which uncomfortable fact you want to share with the world.
2. Go to your neighbor's house and tell them a joke.
Bring the neighbors in on the fun! It's also a great way to get to know and be good friends with them. More neighborhood friends, more fun!
3. What was your childhood nickname?
Tell that embarrassing thing, lil' Buddy Bear! Come out with the clean truth; we won't judge you. Heck, Lil' Buddy Bear sounds adorable, too!
4. What would you do with your life if there was no such thing as money?
This is a great question to get to know someone's passions. Is it money that truly makes you happy, or is it more than that?
5. Wax your arms in front of everyone.
Everyone likes to see a close friend in pain. And yes, getting waxed is not a fun pastime, either.
6. Let the person next to you give you a haircut using only their left hand.
It sure is a nerve-racking dare, and you have no choice but to trust the person. Unless the person next to you is left-handed, you're literally in good hands! Hey, it'll still grow back.
7. Make an outfit for yourself using no more than 2 rolls of toilet paper.
Or turn yourself into a mummy. Anyway, bring on the toilet humor!
Share This Image On Your Site
6 Bold Challenge For Young At Hearts
They say that fortune favors the bold, and that's what those players who chose dares are counting on. These dares will get people acting a little wild and have everyone hanging on the edge of their seats.
8. Start belly dancing in a circle of players or between customers in a bar.
Dare someone to get a little risque. Just make sure there are no kids around.
9. Dance like a ballerina instead of regular walking.
Do you dare the graceful friend or the clumsy one? You can start practicing now, just in case.
10. Call the nearest pharmacy and ask them if they've got a goldfish first aid kit.
Any medicine you could think of, your friendly-neighborhood pharmacy surely has it. As for a goldfish first aid kit, they've got to sell it... er, we think.
11. Pretend to be another player for the rest of the game.
They have to answer to their name and everything. They are challenging but super fun, nonetheless.
12. Start singing a pop song out loud like you're singing opera.
And then smile as the rest of the bar turns to watch. Make sure you know the lyrics, too!
13. Come up with famous people each person in your group looks like.
It sure is flattering when someone tells you that you look like Beyonce or Robert Downey, Jr. Everybody loves a good doppelganger, especially if it's a popular celebrity.
7 Challenge That Will Keep You Laughing
These funny dares will have the whole group laughing and push people just outside of their comfort zones... exactly as a good game of adult truth or dare should.
14. Crack an egg on your head.
This dare is only for the bravest of players, but this is a classic truth or dare idea. Get ready to clean up the after- mess.
15. Make a shirt/skirt out of a garbage bag and wear it for the next two rounds.
Get creative and add fun to your garbage bag outfit. The drawstrings make great bow ties, too.
16. Call your parents and tell them that they are grounded for a week.
My, how the tables have turned. Get back at them for grounding you for a week when you were 10. All of this is just for fun and for old-time's sake.
17. Sing the latest pop song in the worst possible way and post the video online.
This dare is best used at a karaoke bar. Get ready to receive laughing or even angry emojis in the comments section.
18. Fill your mouth with crackers and whistle.
Give everyone else goggles. It could make you choke, so make sure to drink water after.
19. Stand in the street and yell, "I am (name)! Hear me roar!!"
It's pretty inspiring to watch. Wear a lion-inspired costume while you do the dare if you want to.
20. Make a romantic marriage proposal to the person on your left.
It could be the start of something beautiful and, honestly, one of the greatest truth or dare question ideas out there.
5 Things To Ask For Matures That They Will Never Lie About
Choosing brutal truth questions might seem like an easy way out, but with these truth questions for adults, you can make sure there's never a dull moment.
21. What is that one thing a significant other must-have?
What does your friend think is most important in a partner? It could make or break a relationship.
22. What mistakes do you always make while talking with someone you crush on?
We understand -- it can be nerve-racking to talk to your crush with a straight face. There's relief in knowing you're not the only one who puts his foot in his mouth.
23. What is the craziest thing you've ever done while drunk?
Drunk stories are the best stories. Embarrassing or revelating stories are all good stories worth listening to.
24. Have you ever lied to your partner to avoid sex?
It happens, and it could be because of something we cannot directly tell your partner. Communication is key.
25. What's your wildest fantasy?
Pull this question out when everyone's nice and warmed up to learn about the dirty truth. Make sure there are no kids around.
9 Exciting 18+ Challenges Over Text
A game of truth or dare can be a great way to get to know that new person you've been texting. These truth or dare questions over text can be modified for any situation, but they work great over text, and they're the perfect blend of funny, flirty, and challenging.
26. Make all of your profiles on social media public for a whole week.
Messing with privacy settings is a pretty serious dare. It will also mess up your notifications, so keep an eye on that.
27. Describe your worst date ever.
The worst dates make the best stories. From awkward to potentially life-threatening, you get to tell the tale to your friends.
28. What is the best terrible pickup line you've ever heard?
One can never accumulate enough cheesy pickup lines. Make sure to choose to pick up lines that will make your love interest blush, not cringe.
29. Publish the most embarrassing picture of you taken recently. Caption it #loveyourself.
Every smartphone is not complete without the occasional selfies. If you love taking selfies, might as well show it to the world.
30. What is the most annoying thing your roommate has ever done?
Stories about bad roommates have universal appeal. Wish you never encounter this annoying roommate? Yep, we get you.
31. Do a crazy dance outside. Record it and send it.
Busting a move is a great way to push through barriers. Be proud, let it all out -- you might even go viral!
32. Go to a stranger and hug him tightly and then turn around and never look back.
A little kindness goes a long way... and makes for a good story. Ensure to ask permission first, or you might be mistaken for a creep.
33. What would you control if you had a remote control that could control anything?
Remember the Adam Sandler movie, "Click"? Have you ever wished to have that remote control like his? It's like being given a superpower that you constantly lose between the cushions.
34. Tell your mother that one thing that you have been hiding from her.
It's such a relief getting something off your chest. Your mom deserves to know a deep truth, and you come out clean.
6 Things To Ask For Couples That Will Deepen Their Bonding
There are a lot of ways to build intimacy. Speaking your truth in a safe space, trying new things, and taking risks are all great ways to create an even stronger connection with your partner.
On your next date night, break out these truth or dare questions for couples, and you'll be able to feel your connection meter bounce off the charts!
35. What was your first impression of your spouse?
Were you what they expected? Your partner deserves to know what's on your mind during that time.
36. How many children would you like to have?
Is that pretty set in stone? Remember, raising children is no walk in the park.
37. What is your partner's most annoying habit?
Be nice! But this IS also a great opportunity to, ahem, get back for the annoying habit.
38. What body part of your spouse do you like the most?
Feel free to be descriptive. Your spouse will surely be flattered.
39. What white lie have you told your partner to make sure not to hurt their feelings?
It's time for the truth to come out. Make sure to apologize, too.
40. What personality traits do you least like about your spouse?
Try answering this constructively and deal with it like real adults, whether they like your response or not.
5 Fun Challenges For Grown-ups
Even grown-ups need to have fun! Take a break from all of your serious adulting and have a little light-hearted distraction!
These funny truth or dare questions make great ice breakers or are a fun way for a group of funs to get to know one another even more!
41. Did you ever taste your pet's nourishment?
I mean, beef and cheddar DO sound pretty good.
42. What is the craziest thing on your to-do list?
How long will it take to finish? As long as it won't hurt you and other people, you do you!
43. Which entertainer would you swap your existence with for 10 days?
It has to be here and now! It is a great opportunity to live life as your favorite entertainer.
44. Something you wish you didn't know?
What dark truths do you know? You wish you didn't know some things, but you have to live with them now.
45. The most recent reason you went to the drug store after 11 PM?
My bet is on alcohol or medicine. Next time, make sure to bring someone with you along for safety reasons.
Downloadable and Printable List of Truth or Dare Questions for Adults
Here is a downloadable and printable list of truth or dare questions for adults (right click the image and select Save Image As...):
How to Best Ask Adult Truth or Dare Questions: 3 Easy Steps
The perfect game of truth or dare has to push boundaries but can't break them. It has to get people laughing but needs to have some substance too. To ask the questions that will lead you to the perfect game of adult truth or dare, follow these 3 steps.
1. Read the Room
Nothing kills a game of truth or dare like making it too real too fast. Ask questions that fit the tone of the party and the personalities of the people you're with.
2. Baby Steps
Once you've figured out the game's starting point, you're going to want to take it up a notch slowly. As the rounds go on, ask more probing truth questions and give more daring dares.
3. Keep it light
Many a game of truth or dare has been spoiled by a question that takes things in a... weird direction. Ask questions that get people a little hot under the collar, but don't make them sweat too much.
Frequently Asked Questions
Truth or dare, even though it's a classic game, can still be confusing. It can still leave you with many questions. That's why we have answers to your burning questions.
Why, when playing truth or dare, are kids afraid of the dares while adults are afraid of the truths?
It's all about the perspective they have of life. Kids think that dares are embarrassing, while adults think that truths are embarrassing. This is because as we grow old, we keep more and more secrets from people.
Is it okay to reject an inappropriate request in a game of truth or dare?
If it crosses lines that you're not comfortable with, it's okay to reject it. Remember that truth or dare should be fun. Although it can get embarrassing, it shouldn't make anyone feel uncomfortable and forced.
What are some good games that are like truth or dare?
Two Truths and a Lie and 20 Questions are some popular games that are like truth or dare. They are some toned-down versions, though!
Is it better to choose truth, or choose dare?
It's better to choose whatever you will be more comfortable in. Many people prefer dares because they want to keep hiding the truth. However, some prefer to say the truth because they can't bring themselves to do something embarrassing. Whatever you choose, always think about what will give you the most fun experience.
More Great Truth or Dare Style Questions
Need more truth or dare questions? Check out the links below for questions that can easily be adapted to a game of adult truth or dare.
- This list of fun questions to ask is a great resource for questions that get people thinking outside the box and talking about themselves.
- These random questions will introduce just the right amount of chaos and spontaneity to your game of truth or dare.
- Adapt these funny questions to ask, and you'll have the group in stitches all night.
The thrill of those first teen parties is hard to match, but adult truth or dare is a great party game that brings back all the excitement of the glory days.
These truth or dare questions for adults have the potential to make your friends' hearts race just like you remember, but it's up to you to pick the perfect questions to ask.
Just keep in mind, this isn't the kids' version... these are truth or dare questions 18+