Seth | Jul 31, 2019 | 0
59 Good Truth Questions – Fun, and hard to answer.
Why do you need good truth questions?
Getting a conversation going sometimes requires just one thing: telling the truth. But getting people to tell the truth can be tricky. Perhaps the best way is the old standby conversation game: truth or dare.
The trick to truth or dare questions, of course, is finding good truth questions. Finding good truths for truth or dare all starts with what you want from your question.
If you are looking for great truth questions to ask, choose from the truth or dare questions below, and make your next conversation much more interesting.
Start with the best. These truth questions are guaranteed to get you some of the best responses and lead to some of the best conversations. All you have to do is pick the ones that work best for the people you’re talking to and try them out.
Here are the 13 best truth questions to ask:
1. When was the last time you told a lie?
Find out what people lie about and how recently they last did…and if they did it to you.
2. What was your first kiss like?
A fun, embarrassing story is sure to go along with this trip down memory lane.
3. What is your least favorite thing about your best friend?
Extra points if the best friend is in the room, but regardless, a chance to lovingly vent about a bff.
4. Have you ever committed a crime? If so, what was it?
They’re honor-bound to tell you, whether it was stealing a Kit Kat or a Maserati.
5. Have you ever cried from watching a TV show or a movie?
Use this one on the tough guy in the game to find out what gets him to tear up.
6. What would you do with a million dollars?
Buy a mansion? Travel? Give it all away? What would they really do with all that cash?
7. What is the most embarrassing thing that your parents have caught you doing?
Here’s a great opportunity for a very uncomfortable confession and a great laugh.
8. When was a time that you completely lost it?
Sure to lead to either a very amusing or a very intimate story.
9. If you could have someone else’s life for one day, who would it be?
An interesting way to find out what someone wishes their life was like.
10. If you could say anything to one person in your life without any consequences, what would it be?
Whether a criticism, a complaint, or a confession of love: this question will get a powerful answer.
11. Have you ever let someone take the blame for something you did? What happened?
It could anything from a sibling blamed for a broken glass to a coworker blamed for taking all the stationery.
12. What’s something in your web browsing history that you’d be embarrassed if someone saw?
If they’ll answer truthfully, you’re guaranteed a great laugh.
13. Have you ever shared a secret you shouldn’t have, or promised you wouldn’t?
From the tattles of children to a huge break in trust: this truth question can run the gamut.
Truth and dare questions can often seem like a children’s game, or something teenagers giggle over during sleepovers. However, the truth is, the game is a great way to get to know adults better as well.
To convince your reticent friends and coworkers, try some of these truth or dare questions for adults.
Here are 11 best truth questions for adults:
14. Why did your last relationship end?
How a relationship ends tells a lot about the people involved.
15. How many romantic interests do you think you will have for the rest of your life?
Is someone looking for that special one person or do they see themselves going through dozens of partners?
16. Was there ever a time in your life that you thought you were going to die?
An intro for an interesting story: how did it come about? What did they do? How did they feel?
17. What is your worst childhood memory?
People dwell on the good times, but bad moments define us as much as the good.
18. What kind of parent do you think you will be?
For those coming to the age of parenthood, do they see themselves as a success? Why or why not?
19. What is the most romantic thing that has ever been done for you?
20. What is something you’ve never told anyone?
A chance for someone to get a big secret off their chest…if they’re willing to be truthful about it.
21. What do you do when you are alone and no one is watching you?
See a person’s silly dance or find out about their love for eating peanut butter and jelly half-naked.
22. What kids’ movie do you still secretly watch over and over?
We may all act grown up, but there are some kids’ movies that you still can’t turn off.
23. What is the first thing that comes to your mind about the person on your left?
A straightforward, quick response question that can lead to some interesting answers.
24. What is one thing that you have always wanted to do but have not gotten around to it yet?
Dreams tend to get sidetracked by realities. What is the big dream that always gets delayed?
Of course, there are two sides to the truth or dare game. However, if you are looking to keep the focus on truth, you can always put some truth behind your dares.
Use these dares to get more truthful confessions from those you’re playing the game with.
Here are 12 dares, that are indirectly truth questions:
25. Talk about a time that you failed in life.
Dare them to be honest about a difficult period and how it affected them.
26. Name one thing on your bucket list.
Find out more about what they really want to do in life.
27. Reveal the contents of your purse/wallet.
Few things carry as many stories as the forgotten objects in purses and wallets.
28. Pick one person in the group, what is some honest relationship advice you would give them?
A chance to discuss on person’s relationships and another person’s advice.
29. Tell every detail of the last dream you had and don’t leave anything out.
From Freud onward, we all know dreams reveal quite a bit about a person.
30. Tell us about your five bad habits.
Get a list of the qualities someone needs to work on most.
31. Express your feelings for your siblings.
Relationships with siblings are always complicated. An honest answer will tell a lot about the person.
32. Describe your first date.
Awkward and in hindsight, silly, first date stories are always fun.
33. Tell us the best quality and one negative point in your partner.
For those in serious relationships, it’s a chance to gush a bit and also to discuss a complaint.
34. Arrange them in descending order of importance – Money, Love, Family, Career, Friends.
Perhaps the most important goals in every life, the ranking says everything about a person’s priorities.
35. Describe your guilty pleasure.
Trashy food, trashy TV, or trashy pop music: whatever it is, we can all relate to a few embarrassing guilty pleasures.
36. Reveal a secret thought that you’ve had about someone in the group.
Get to know what one person in the group really thinks of someone else.
Getting to the truth is always interesting, but to add a little sugar to help the truth medicine go down, make those truth-y dares into funny dares as well.
Use some of the dares-that-are-really-truths below to get a laugh as well as a confession.
Here are 11 funny dares, that can be truth questions:
37. Talk about the craziest thing that you overheard.
Not as intimate as some dares here, but a chance to hear a crazy conversation and discuss it as a group.
38. Describe the time you sent an inappropriate/embarrassing text to someone.
We’ve all sent a few ill-advised messages. The story is sure to be a revealing one.
39. Sing the chorus of your favorite cheesy song.
Who doesn’t have a power ballad they jam out to alone? Get them to belt it out in public.
40. Yell out the first word that comes to your mind right now.
What that word is will say a lot about the person asked. Unless they say “bacon,” then they’re probably just hungry.
41. Name the person you hate the most and list their positive qualities.
Watching someone give begrudging compliments is always fun.
42. Let someone go through your YouTube history and read it out to the group.
People often forget all the embarrassing things they watch on YouTube. When the list is out, they’ll have to explain themselves.
43. Give a detailed presentation on how you woo a lover in the style of a TED talk.
Find out if someone has game and get a chuckle at their TED talk voice.
44. Write a haiku describing your boss.
This is especially fun when the boss is present.
45. Show the least sexy part of your body.
Rough elbows or weird toes, you’re getting people to show the skin no one wants to see.
46. Recreate your worst job interview.
Get the whole excruciating experience out in the open for everyone to see.
47. Tell us about all the food you ate last week.
An exhaustive list tells you all about the person’s health and all the guilty pleasures they sneak in.
Use some of the funny truth questions below to get genuine and genuinely amusing answers.
Here are 12 funny truth questions to ask:
48. Who is the last person that you stalked on social media?
An ex- or future partner? An old friend you’re jealous of? The answer is sure to tell you a lot.
49. What is the craziest event that you have ever been to?
Get a great story about a crazy moment, whether it’s a party, a concert, or something even wilder.
50. What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you this year?
Limit it to this year so they can’t go with their old standby answer. Make them think.
51. Who in this room do you think would be the worst date?
A moment for hard, but amusing, truth. Make sure to press for a “why” to get all the reasons.
52. What is your secret talent if you have one?
Whistling through the nose? Double-jointed limbs? Give someone a moment to show off their useless, fun talent.
53. What is the most that you have ever had to drink?
Everyone has a story when they had a few too many. The fun comes when you find out what they did next.
54. Have you ever tried to get out of a speeding ticket?
Was it one of the old standby excuses or did they have something really novel? Did it work?
55. Who is the craziest person that you know?
Once you know who, make them prove it with a few good stories.
56. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done on a dare?
Find out just how susceptible they are to a good dare.
57. What book are you embarrassed to have read?
Romance books, children’s adventure books, or crazy “how to” books: everyone has an embarrassing read on the shelf.
58. What do you eat when you can choose anything and no one is around to see?
Find out someone’s number one guilty pleasure when no one is around to judge.
59. How did you find out that Santa Claus is not real?
Re-experience the heartbreak all over again!
Downloadable List of Truth Questions
Here is a downloadable list of truth questions (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
More great Truth or Dare Style Questions:
If you’re looking for more questions that can amuse while also revealing something about your conversation partners, we have plenty of other options here at Mantelligence. Try some of these:
- Get straight to the funny with some fun questions to ask.
- Give them a difficult choice to puzzle over with some would you rather questions .
- Another way to get them to sweat over tough and fun choices. Try a few this or that questions at your next party.
When you want to ask a great truth question, you really only need to consider a few simple steps.
- Consider your audience: Make sure you are speaking to a group of people who would be receptive to truth questions or a truth or dare game.
- Consider your location: Pick a time and place where the people your with are relaxed and eager to have a fun, laid-back conversation.
- Pick the truth question that fits: This is the most important step. Choose a question that you believe will both be interesting to the person your asking and that will reveal something you want to know.
After you’ve followed those three steps, just ask away and let the truth or dare game begin.
Once you know that, all you have to do is find good truths for truth or dare. Thankfully, now you have all that you need. Use the truths for truth or dare from the lists above and start getting to know more about those you hang out with.
Just pick the truth or dare truth questions that speak most to you, and start asking away.