Jasper | Oct 20, 2020 | 0
38 Really Good Dares You Can Do With Friends – The only list you’ll need!
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
Dares form one half of the most classic party game: Truth or Dare. Having good dares separates the pros from the amateurs, and can change a game from being boring and unexciting to a high-energy exploration of the personalities of everybody in the room.
Since finding good dares for truth or dare can be hard, we’ve put together a list of dares for Truth or Dare. Whenever you might not know what questions to ask, you can always reference this list of truth or dare questions on the sly to come up with your next dare ideas!
Remember: Truth or dare is supposed to be FUN. None of our dares below are meant to put you or anyone you’re daring in danger or in harm’s way. If you feel any of them might… don’t do them. Be safe. Have fun.
If you’re really looking to push the envelope, break out some of our best dares. They can powerfully encourage the other players to break out of their shells and show off a wilder side to their personalities.
Here are the 11 best dares:
1. Give a massage to a companion for 5 minutes.
You can really push the comfort level with this one. Will they choose a platonic shoulder rub, or a more sensual massage?
2. Talk in a strange accent for the rest of the night.
Bonus points: Choose which accent. Irish and Japanese are always classic party hits, or watch this video for inspiration.
3. Moonwalk everywhere you go.
Michael Jackson originated this hit dance move, and it’s hilarious to watch people try to do it.
4. Sit there in nothing but your boxers.
Put a time limit on this one if you want to keep it fair… or don’t, if you’re feeling particularly devious.
5. Describe what the sky looks like without using the words blue or white.
How creative of a wordsmith is the person you’re daring? They’ll have to put on their thinking cap for this one!
6. Get a bar of soap from the bathroom and sell it to the group for 3 minutes.
Glossophobia is the fear of public speaking, one of the most common fears for many people — so this dare can really make people squirm!
7. Yell and act out the first sentence that comes to your mind.
Spontaneity can help shut down a person’s anxiety, making the game that much more fun for them.
8. Promote the person who asked you the question and sell him/her to someone as a product.
This can be an hilarious exercise is talking up a friend. What makes them most valuable?
9. Do a handstand for one minute.
Be sure to have a funny penalty for if they can’t complete this dare! Only do this one if you feel it’s safe.
10. Exchange a clothing item with the player on your right.
This is especially good if the person on their right is of the opposite gender.
11. Say “banana” after everything you say until it is your turn again.
If they forget, their punishment can be to eat a whole banana each time they miss it.
Being able to get a laugh out of everyone is a great way to lighten the mood of the game. The best way to do that? With funny dares.
Here are the 7 best funny dares:
12. Brush the teeth of the person sitting next to you.
Ever tried brushing someone else’s teeth? It’s much harder than you might think!
13. Pretend to be a cat until your next turn.
Watch out for hairballs… and claws.
14. Go outside and dance like a cowboy.
What does a cowboy dance like? I guess you’ll find out!
15. Entertain us all with your best five minute comedy act.
Standup comedy is tough, so if they need help you can share these six tips.
16. Call a Chinese restaurant and order a pizza.
Be sure to put the conversation on speaker phone so everyone can hear how funny it is.
17. Go for a short walk outside and while walking, hold a conversation with yourself.
Get your video cameras at the ready: Bystanders’ reactions to this can be amazing.
18. Put chocolate syrup on a pickle and eat it.
Any food dares with strange combinations can be a lot of fun, so don’t stop at just pickles and chocolate.
Are things feeling a little boring in the game, like everyone is waiting for something more exciting? If you’re looking to spice things up a little bit, a great thing to try truth or dare questions for adults.
Here are the 6 best dares for adults:
19. Put on someone else’s bra.
If you really want to make it exciting, say that the bra change has to happen without leaving the room.
20. Kiss a friend, passionately!
Kissing can be so taboo, it’s even criminal in some countries. Many people won’t go through with this dare, so have a good consequence in mind!
21. Name 5 body parts that your partner likes to kiss.
If they don’t have a partner, have them name 5 body parts they’d like someone to kiss, instead.
22. Go around the room and smell everyone’s armpits.
Pheromones are real, so this dare might make someone learn more about the other players than they bargained for.
23. Try to eat a piece of popcorn off your nose with your tongue.
This will let you find out whether the person you’re daring has a “talented” tongue…
24. Peel a banana using only your feet and toes.
The very image of this dare is all sorts of suggestive.
If you ask the right truth questions, they can be invitations to action akin to a dare. These questions are perfect for when someone keeps picking “truth” because they’re too scared to try a dare.
Here are the 6 best truth questions, that are almost dares:
25. What are your real feelings about me?
Be ready for an earful if you ask this question! The results can be surprising.
26. If you could do whatever you wanted to me what would it be?
Answers to this one can be all over the board — but if it’s fun, you can always invite them to do that thing to you.
27. When will you take me on our first date?
Positive questions like this one help to get positive answers.
28. What sexual activity do you consider totally off limits?
Asking directly sexual questions like this can be embarrassing… And also get surprisingly honest answers that may shock a whole room.
29. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done in front of the mirror?
After they answer, it’s great to encourage them to act it out (or dare them to do so later!)
30. What’s the most exciting fantasy or dream you’ve ever had?
Getting past shame and fear can help to honestly expose fantasies.
If you’re looking for dates that’ll really make your friends blush, it’s time to try these embarrassing dares.
Here are 4 embarrassing dares:
31. Go to a crowded area and do your best fake marriage proposal
This one will make just about everyone cringe – including you. Still, it might be a fun “test drive” for the real thing!
32. Call your crush
Your crush won’t know what’s going on when you call them, and you just have to try to play it cool. This one might actually be beneficial if you can’t seem to work up the courage to call them!
33. Fill your mouth with water, and each person in the group must tell the funniest joke they know. If you spit up the water, you have to eat a spoonful of hot sauce.
This one is super random, but hey, why not? Just try not to be that person who accidentally spits up the water, cause then you’ll have to endure the shame of eating hot sauce.
34. Take an embarrassing selfie and post it as your profile picture
This is another super embarrassing dare that many people won’t want to do. After all, your profile picture will be seen by millions of people potentially…
Who says that truth or dare has to be played in person? In many ways, this game works even better over text, especially if you use these dares over text.
Here are 4 dares over text:
35. Send a screenshot of your search history for the last 2 days
This one is going to have a lot of people sweating. Almost everyone researches some potentially embarrassing things, so there’s plenty of cringe potential here.
36. Select one prank video from youtube and do exactly what they do in that video
There are plenty of crazy prank videos on YouTube, so this one could get pretty extreme. If you get anxious just by watching these videos, it’ll be quite a challenging dare to complete.
37. Open dial pad and type one random number and do meaningless conversation with them
This dare might be easy for some people, but others get super anxious about making small talk with strangers. Either way, this dare will have you laughing in the end.
38. Send me the most recent text that you sent your mom
Most people have rather personal conversations with their mothers, and that’s why this dare has the potential to be extremely embarrassing.
Downloadable and Printable List of Best Dares
Here is a downloadable and printable list of dares (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Great Truth or Dare Style Questions
Still need more awesome questions for your game of truth or dare? We’ve got you covered:
- You can never have too many fun questions to ask. They’re perfect to go back to when you’re not feeling creative.
- Ready to switch up the party game? Never Have I Ever is another classic, and we have plenty of never have I ever questions for you to get started with.
- Using would you rather questions can be perfect for the “truth” side of Truth or Dare.
- Not sure where to go next with your questions? Try out a few random questions and see where they take you.
- Choices, choices… This or that questions will keep you and everyone you’re playing with on your toes.
1. Play to your audience
Try to get a feeling for the room before you decide what sorts of dares to ask. Is everyone feeling light and festive? Stressed after work? Looking to mingle and meet new people? Each of these scenarios calls for a different intensity of dare.
2. Be creative
All of the dares we’ve provided are a great starting point, but to really have the most fun you’ll have to tailor the dares to the individual you’re daring.
3. Have fun
Don’t ask a dare just because you think you should! The whole goal of the game is to have fun — so if someone seems to uncomfortable to keep going, just brush it off and ask a different dare instead.
4. Stay polite
Until you can tell that someone is really having fun in the game, don’t try and push too hard with your dares. Wait for everyone to get warmed up before asking anything too crazy.
That’s a list of dares, has some of the best dares of all time. Try out a few of our best dare ideas, truth or dares questions, or just general questions to ask to keep your party going smoothly all night long.