Jasper | Feb 22, 2021 | 0
How To Tell If A Girl Likes You – 4 Great steps to help you figure out!
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
How to tell if a girl likes you is a question on every man’s mind.
Women are vague and mysterious creatures.
Even when a girl likes you, it can feel difficult to read them and impossible to determine exactly what it is that they want.
You ask yourself, “Is she into me?” One of the most difficult things to determine is whether a woman you want to date wants anything more than a friendship.
They might agree to go on a first date with you, but then never call or text you back. They might act like they’re interested in you at a group get-together, but show no signs of wanting to be alone with you.
They might even act like they’re not interested in you at all, yet may genuinely be looking for something more.
You might be asking yourself:
How do I know if a girl likes me? How do I know if she’s really interested in dating me or if she’s just being polite?
While it can feel impossible to determine…
…how to tell if she likes you is actually quite simple:
All you have to do is look for the telltale signs of how to know if a girl likes you.
Subconsciously, women will do things (and give signs) that show how they really feel. These signs she gives will either tell you:
- That she’s truly interested in you OR
- That she wants nothing more than friendship with you
So, for how to tell a girl likes you, all you need to do is read the signs that she’s giving you.
If you want to know whether a woman is interested in something more than friendship, this is your ultimate guide for signs she’s into you.
While there’s no definite answer to how can you tell if a girl likes you because women are unique individuals, you can make very accurate guesses with a thorough knowledge of common signs and signals for how to tell if a girl likes you.
Use this guide for how to tell if a girl likes you to prepare yourself for how to get a girlfriend.
How to Tell if a Girl Likes You - 17 Obvious Signs She's Interested
Watch this video on YouTube.
Why Is Knowing How To Tell If A Girl Likes You So Important?
Knowing how to tell if someone likes you is important for getting what you want out of life. The consistent willingness to seek clues to answer the question of how to tell if a girl likes you is reflected in the courage and tenacity that you’re willing to put into all of your endeavors.
The courtship dance for how to tell if a girl likes you goes deeper than words because any liar can say “I love you,” in hopes of currying favor. Girls use other means to determine if she can trust you to listen to her. Understanding how to tell if a woman is attracted to you is synonymous with cultivating deep listening skills.
Understanding the signs a woman likes you means listening with more than your ears. Recognizing how to know when a woman likes you requires careful observation. Answering the question of “Is she into me?” includes developing a sense of timing. Asking how to know a girl likes you means mastering your emotions.
How do you know if a girl likes you? To really gain clues, you might need to go out on a limb to overcome both your shyness.
We’re all shy sometimes. Especially around people that we are attracted to. Remember that she might be holding back her signals because she’s mirroring the hesitation with which you conceal yours. Asking, “How can you tell if a girl likes you?” will only get you so far if she’s too shy to send any signals. You may need to send some of your own messages to make her comfortable responding to them. This is the courage of a true man.
How To Tell If a Girl Likes You
I’m sure this won’t surprise you, but there is not a short answer to the question, “How do you know if a girl likes you?”
Women are complex, and there are quite a few things to consider when determining if they’re actually interested in you (rather than just being polite).
Here’s how to tell if a girl likes you:
1. Know The Different Types of Flirting
To flirt is to say “I am attracted to you!” There are many types of flirting and they can all happen simultaneously.
Here are the 6 main types of flirting:
1. Flirty Words
For how to tell if she likes you, words can mean anything from texting “Hey Babe” or “Hi Sweetie,” to the things she says to you that make you blush. Maybe she compliments you.
Maybe she drops hints of what she imagines doing with you.
You know how to tell a girl likes you when she asks you provocative questions like, “What are you wearing today?”
For how to know if she likes you, teasing establishes a sense of playfulness. Humor creates intimacy. It’s in her smile, her smirk, her wink, her smize…
When a girl likes you, she might call you by a flirty nickname. She might tease you by telling you something about you is bad when she actually means that she likes it.
3. Body Language
When you ask yourself, “How do I know if a girl likes me?” consider her body language carefully. Does she face you directly when she talks to you? Does she lean into you when she talks to you?
Does she sit closer to you than a regular friend would? Does she uncross her legs when she faces you? Does she strategically place her assets where she knows you’ll notice them?
4. Eye Contact
Eye contact is a big part of how to tell if a girl is into you. Watch carefully if she intentionally holds the eye contact for longer than she would otherwise.
Does she establish a higher line of connection through eye contact alone? Lovers who have been together for decades can look into each others’ eyes and have a whole conversation without words. Conversations through the eyes alone are how to tell if a girl likes you.
When we’re into someone, we think of them all the time, and the same goes for women.
Does she never let too much time pass before responding? Does she seem to struggle to wait a “respectable” amount of time before seeing you again? All of the above are key signs for how to tell if a woman is attracted to you.
Observing how she touches you is how to know a girl likes you. When you’re trying to figure out, “Does she like me?” ask yourself if you’ve ever felt her hand on yours. A girl is flirting when she holds your hand, when she leans against you and when she whispers into your ear conspiratorially.
She might run her hands through your hair. She might place her hand on your knee or thigh. She might touch her leg against yours when you’re sitting on the couch chilling.
When a girl likes you and she’s socially confident, she’ll be doing her own flirtatious dance for you on all five levels. If she’s a shy girl or you’re a shy guy, you might find some types of flirting come more easily than others. That’s okay! For how to tell if a girl is into you, just make sure you’re able to recognize all five.
2. See The Signs a Girl Likes You
Flirting refers to intentional signs a girl likes you. There are also a lot of unintentional signs for how to know a girl likes you. Not everyone’s a flirt and nobody is 100% in control their signals but you do need to know the signs she is secretly attracted to you!
Here are two signs for how to know if she likes you (but maybe is afraid to let you know!):
- Her pupils dilate when you make eye contact with her: Our pupils naturally get larger when we are entranced and experiencing a big emotional response.
- She’s happy to do anything with you: The thing about being attracted to someone is that you could be waiting in line in the cold with them for two hours and it’s still worth it because it’s them!
3. See The Signs a Shy Girl Likes You
The subconscious signs a girl likes you are especially important to read when dealing with shy girls. They’re embarrassed because they’re afraid of rejection. How amazed, relieved, and excited they are when you reveal that you like them back! Signs a shy girl likes you can come as a surprise.
Here are a few signs a shy girl likes you:
- She seems nervous when you’re around: We all get self-conscious when we’re around our crush! Maybe she stutters on her words or gets really quiet because she likes you and really cares about what you think of her.
- She’s a bit clumsy when you’re around: Nervousness and self-consciousness sometimes get expressed as clumsiness. How to tell if someone likes you can sometimes be seen in how a girl might drop what she’s carrying or bump into things more than usual.
- She pretends to ignore you: Sometimes a girl ignores you because she’s scared of the delicious feelings you stir in her! Can you catch her sneaking looks at you when she thinks you’re not looking? Does she seem to be fighting herself when she ignores you?
4. See The Signs She Wants You to Chase Her
This refers to when a girl is intentionally sending the message that the ball is in your court. She’s setting you up so that you can respond. Flirting and courtship are two-way streets for how to tell if someone likes you.
Here are two more signs that she wants you to chase her:
- She responds to your texts quickly and doesn’t leave you hanging: If she doesn’t have time to respond, she’ll assure you that she’s planning to by texting “ttyl” or “brb.”
- She puts extra effort into her appearance when she’s around you: That might be putting on perfume or wearing something really nice.
How To Tell If a Girl Likes You Over Text
Texting is an important part of courtship these days. Texts are full of hints for how to tell if a woman is attracted to you.
When we’re into a girl, we think about her day and night. How, when and where she responds to your texts can reveal her attraction to you.
You’ll want to know how to tell if a girl likes you over text.
Here’s how to tell if a girl likes you over text:
1. Start a Text Conversation With A Girl
A great start to a text conversation with a girl is going to take a lot more than just “Hey.” How to start a text conversation with a girl is your chance to establish some banter and share some personal experiences. Text conversation starters show off your character and get her smiling before your first official date.
Here are some examples:
- Meeting you yesterday was the best part of my day!: You are openly excited about the connection.
- Hey there, pretty girl in the green dress. This is that handsome guy in the pink blazer from Pete’s Coffee: Make your text pop with details from your first interaction.
- Hi (name of girl)! Hope you’re enjoying the sunshine today: Say her name often. It’s human nature to be drawn to our names.
2. Know What To Text A Girl To Tell If She Likes You Over Text
“Does she like me?” To get an answer, you’ll need to know what to text a girl.
How she responds will speak volumes about her attraction to you.
Here’s how to know what to text a girl to tell if she likes you over text:
1. Send A Good Morning Text for Her
A good morning text for her is pivotal. Just the fact that you’re wishing her a good morning tells her that she’s the first thing on your mind, and you are courting her.
In the morning, we’re all eager to connect with who we’re into, and quick to ignore who we’re not. If she responds with a good morning wish of her own, that is a great sign indeed.
Here are some great ways to say good morning that will help with how to tell if she likes you:
- I opened my eyes, and I thought, “What’s (girls name) doing today? Say her name. If she says yours, she’s looking to connect.
- I’m having a great day knowing you’re in my life. How are things?: If she’s into you, she’ll be curious about how things are for you.
2. Send A Good Night Text For Her
Here are some awesome ways to say goodnight that will help with how to know if a girl likes you:
- I almost don’t want to fall asleep if it means stopping our conversation: Not even sleep feels better than talking to her.
- You’ll be the first one I think of when I wake: You’re inviting an outflow of future good morning texts.
3. Flirt With Her Over Text
There’s nothing like a steady stream of sweetness and banter to get us through our days and build something truly special. Knowing how to flirt with a girl over text is the key to knowing how to tell a girl likes you.
Here are some flirty texting ideas for how to know when a girl likes you:
- There’s this song that reminds me of you: Text her a 1o-second audio clip of you singing the song. Unless you’re completely tone deaf, she’ll be titillated by your voice.
- There’s this beautiful thing near my place that reminds me of you: Text her a photo of some beautiful thing from your daily life to visually share your thoughts about her.
How Many Signs Should You Look for to Be Sure She Likes You?
While there’s no hard and fast rule, but if a girl shows:
Five or more of these signs, it’s likely she’s interested in a relationship.
Three or four, she’s definitely showing some interest, but things probably need more time to develop.
One or two isn’t enough to tell if she likes you. It doesn’t mean the door is completely closed, though. If you like her, continue pursuing her and wait for her to show you more signs.
Signs She Doesn’t Like You
Understanding “How do you know if a girl likes you?” involves knowing when she doesn’t like you. Signs a girl doesn’t like you are important because they will save everyone the trouble of unnecessary effort.
We also live in a time where respecting clearly set boundaries--signs a girl doesn’t like you—is a desperately needed social grace that will heal a lot of the historical conflict between men and women. In other words, your ability to know when to step back can send a powerful message that you are aware of yourself and the impact of your actions on others.
Here are some important signs that a girl doesn’t like you:
- She turns away from you and keeps her distance: If her body language is closed off, take the hint.
- She shuts conversation flow down with one-word answers: A response that is terse, insipid and non-inquiring is a clear message that she’s not invested.
- She doesn’t respond at all: If you’ve initiated a connection 3 times with no response, it’s time to seek elsewhere.
- She drops hints about another partner: Another commitment is used as a polite way to decline.
- She says she’s busy: “Busy” is a catch-all for “no.” A girl who’s interested makes time for you, no matter how busy she is.
How To Tell a Girl You Like Her
Okay, you’ve figured out your answer to “Is she into me?” She likes you! What should you do?
First, Mazel tov! Now it’s time to break out the big guns and shower her with all the signals she needs to cultivate trust in your presence and faith in your words.
Obviously, tell her you like her. Now it’s time to show her, on multiple levels, with every fiber of your being. We’ve got you covered with a full article on how to tell a girl you like her.
More Tips on How To Get The Girl
When you’ve answered, “How do you know if a girl likes you?” you’ll need to know what comes next:
- Flirt with her: Your response to “Is she into me?” is “Yes, I’m into you!” Flirting is the language of attraction, and you’ll need to know how to flirt with a girl.
- Get her to like you: She’s interested. You’ll want to make sure that interest mounts with each passing day as you show her all the ways that you’re a catch. You’ll need to know how to get a girl to like you.
- Ask her out: You’ve been talking. You’ve been texting. It’s time to go on your first official date. You’ll need to know how to ask a girl out.
Figuring out if a girl likes you and is ready for a relationship is never black or white. Each woman expresses herself differently. There’s no such thing as eliminating the guessing game, and that’s where your courage, courtship skills, and finesse come in.
Be prepared with these guidelines whenever you ask, “How can you tell if a girl likes you?”
If you’re wondering how to tell if a girl likes you, these signs are a definite way to help you identify if a girl is interested in you.