Sam Whittaker | Nov 23, 2020 | 0
52 Personal Questions to Ask a Girl – Spark deep conversations.
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
If you need a little extra help (or just some luck) with the ladies, you should use personal questions to ask a girl.
You may have heard the key to getting a girl to fall for you is acting uninterested. But here’s the thing:
That approach might work in high school… but when you’ve met someone special you need to show her you care by getting to know her on a personal level.
Whether you’re looking for help with how to get a girlfriend or searching for questions to ask a girl you’ve been dating for a while, these personal questions to ask a girl will show just how much you care.
For a society as connected as the one we live in, it seems like deep personal questions are rare. So, what are personal questions considered best? Well, they are those that you know would lead to more than small talk.
Here are 5 of the best personal questions to ask a girl:
1. Tell me about the most interesting place you’ve ever traveled to?
People connect over stories of travel.
2. How do you know when you’re in love?
This question has stumped young lovers for eons.
3. Are relationships meant to last forever?
Her outlook on relationships just might be important.
4. Have you ever had an unrequited love?
Is there anything more tragic?
5. Have you ever boycotted or protested anything?
This question gets to the things she feels most strongly about.
Nothing builds a connection like a lively conversation. Show your interest by starting a lively conversation that focuses on her.
These great conversation starters help you get to know her more intimately.
Here are 5 personal conversation starters to ask a girl:
6. What are you most passionate about?
Find out what she lives for.
7. Do you think being spiritual is important?
Questions of spirituality start great conversations.
8. If you died tomorrow, what would be your greatest accomplishment?
What is she most proud of so far?
9. What’s the worst thing about being in a relationship?
Relationships require adjustment. Which adjustment bothers her most?
10. Would you like being famous?
There are tons of perks and drawbacks.
I know, it sounds a little redundant. Personal questions are the same as get to know you questions, right? Not exactly.
This is where you turn for questions to ask a girl to get to know her outlook on life. These questions focus on her values and innermost thoughts…
They’ll help you really know her.
Here are 4 personal questions to ask a girl to get to know her:
11. What is your favorite non-physical attribute about yourself?
We should take more time to appreciate personality traits.
12. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?
Help her cross that item off her bucket list.
13. How do you define friendship? What does that term really mean in your mind?
What role do her friends play in her life?
14. What social customs do you wish would just disappear?
Society makes people do silly things.
These interesting questions to ask a girl are like mental yoga. They’ll have your conversation bending and twisting in ways you never thought possible.
Not only will asking interesting questions help you appear interesting…
It will also make her feel interesting, and everyone wants to feel interesting.
Here are 4 personal and interesting questions to ask a girl:
15. What’s one thing you’ve learned that most people don’t know how to do?
Give her a chance to show off.
16. If you could take a single photograph of your life, what would it look like?
What moment would summarize her best?
17. How do you know when it’s time to continue holding on or time to let go?
Finding that moment is tough for everyone.
18. What is something about life that people don’t appreciate as much as they should?
Which roses are we not stopping to smell?
Just because this post is all about personal questions to ask a girl, it doesn’t mean talking to women has to be serious business. Keep things light with funny questions to ask.
Get to know her with a smile on her face with these funny questions to ask a girl. You’ll forever be associated with laughter and fondness in her mind.
Here are 4 personal and funny questions to ask a girl:
19. If the world froze for an afternoon and only you could move and no one could see you or remember what you did, what would you do?
So many lines to skip!
20. What do you do when no one is looking?
What goofy behavior does she keep hidden?
21. Do you secretly wish Santa was real?
How does she feel about someone breaking and entering every year?
22. What is something unusual you recommend everyone try at least once?
If life had a Yelp page, what would she recommend?
Random questions to ask a girl will keep your conversation exploring new territory.
These random questions cover a huge range of topics, so keep these in mind for those moments when you need a change of pace.
Here are 4 personal but random questions to ask a girl:
23. Do you think there is life on other planets in the universe?
Either way, what does that mean for us?
24. Do you think that we create the reality we live in?
Philosophers have been pondering reality for eons.
25. Do you think someone can truly learn from their mistakes?
They say failure is the best teacher.
26. Do you think it’s okay to settle down at an early age or should people get more experience before making a choice?
Can we ever be prepared to settle down?
Yes, you read that right. Weird questions to ask a girl can bring up all kinds of topics that might never come up otherwise.
It might not sound like weird questions to ask pair well with personal questions…
But think of these questions like the lovable weirdo who thinks outside the box, not the weirdo who invades your personal space.
Here are 4 personal yet weird questions to ask a girl:
27. What’s the right number of people to invite over a Friday night?
Small groups or hug parties?
28. If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?
So many delicious possibilities!
29. What is your current desktop picture?
What picture does she want to look at every day?
30. What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
This will get her thinking about the legacy she’ll leave.
So much of our communication happens over the phone, so harness the power of your thumbs to bring you closer to that special lady.
Here are 4 personal questions to ask a girl over text:
31. What was the best gift you’ve ever given to someone?
It’s better to give than receive, after all.
32. What have you learned from your past relationship?
Learning from the past is a sign of maturity.
33. How do you spend the majority of your free time?
Do you do the same things?
34. Do you think the past matters in a relationship?
This leads to great conversations.
The time you share with the girl you like is precious… don’t waste it talking about the weather.
These questions to ask a girl you like will show her you’re interested and make the most of your time together.
Here are 5 personal questions to ask a girl you like:
35. If you could undue anything from the past, what is it?
Is she the type who lives with regrets?
36. How does love and affection play a role in your life?
It’s good to know how important these are.
37. Name one of your biggest fears.
Know her fears so you can help conquer them.
38. What’s your ultimate goal in life?
Our goals guide us.
39. What thing or person has influenced you the most?
It’s good to know what made her who she is.
The intimacy a couple shares is sacred. You have access to the most personal aspects of your girlfriend – a privilege that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Ask questions that will help you know her more completely and help you plan for a future together.
Here are 5 personal questions to ask your girlfriend:
40. Can you tell me any one secret about yourself?
Couples should have no secrets.
41. Have you ever had to lose someone close to you?
Learn how she handles loss.
42. What is the most important thing you have learned in life?
Life is full of lessons for those who pay attention.
43. Do you have any insecurities in your life?
Strong couples help each other with insecurities.
44. Do you prefer stability or spontaneity?
Learn how to give her what she needs.
Use these deep questions to ask to contemplate some of life’s biggest questions. These questions help you get to know a girl while you engage in meaningful conversations.
Here are 4 personal, deep questions to ask a girl:
45. What is something that you saw someone do that changed the way you think on a certain subject?
Sometimes our minds change all of a sudden.
46. What is one memory that you hope you never, ever forget?
Find out her fondest memory.
47. What do you really think about the relationship we have together?
This is a good one no matter the current state of your relationship.
48. What do you think that two people must have in common to connect with each other?
Differences are good, but some things must be shared.
The lifeblood of relationships is rich conversations. It’s how couples grow and learn to support each other better.
Add these deep questions to ask your girlfriend to your next dinner or phone conversation for deeper, more personal talks.
Here are 4 personal, deep questions to ask your girlfriend:
49. If you got pregnant today, what would you do?
This is an important possibility to plan for.
50. Is honesty always the best policy?
Does she appreciate white lies or total truth?
51. How can I better support you in your life?
We should all be asking this more often.
52. Is there any argument that we had recently that you feel incomplete about?
Unresolved conflicts breed resentment.
Downloadable and Printable List of Personal Questions to Ask a Girl
Here is a downloadable and printable list of personal questions to ask a girl (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Great Personal Questions to Ask
Check out these posts for more great questions.
- First date questions to help calm the nerves.
- Questions for couples to grow closer together.
- Questions to ask friends to keep the next party interesting.
- A lot of these personal questions to ask a guy are also great for asking a girl!
Before you use any of these questions repeat this phrase to yourself:
Remember that personal questions to ask a girl are meant to get to know her on a deeper level. In order for that to work, she has to be ready for it. Getting too personal when the situation isn’t right will actually push the girl away.
Read her reactions and choose questions that will she’ll be comfortable with.