Sam Whittaker | Mar 11, 2021 | 0
82 Random Questions to Ask a Girl – Fun and unexpected questions.
New? Start here.
Knowing a handful of random questions to ask a girl can mean the difference between watching your ice cubes melt in silence and an evening that you’ll never forget.
Whether you want to take a date in a spontaneous new direction or break the ice with a girl you’ve just met, with a handful of great questions to ask you can approach any situation with confidence.
Think of this list of random questions to ask a girl like stretching before exercising. Use these questions to ask a girl like an interpersonal warmup that will help you get to know her better and prepare you for great conversation.
9 Random Conversation Starters to Ask a Girl
If you find a lull in conversation, asking yourself, “what are some random questions to ask?” or just want to mix things up a bit, use these conversation starters to bring things in an unpredictable direction.
These questions also make great conversation starters for couples.
Here are 9 great random conversation starters to ask a girl:
1. What food do you crave most often?
Interesting, I think there’s a place nearby that serves that…
2. If you lived in a tribal society, what role would you play?
Forget about her day job. If survival is key, what does she bring to the table?
3. What single appliance can you not live without?
The drink mixer? The dishwasher? The oven? She can either avoid a chore or pursue a pastime.
4. If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything you wanted, what fragrance would you want it to be?
Smell is connected to memory. What memories would she live in?
5. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
Relive the past or freeze the moment? Whatever the answer, this question will help you enjoy the moment.
6. Would you rather be a kid your whole life or an adult your whole life?
Would she hold onto the freedom of youth or extend the privileges of adulthood?
7. Would you rather spend the night in a luxury hotel room or camping surrounded by beautiful scenery?
Would she prefer the comforts we create or the majesty of nature. Maybe there’s a vacation somewhere down the road?
8. Would you rather never age mentally or physically?
Would she rather keep a sharp mind or a youthful body? It’s hard to imagine one without the other.
9. Would you rather be locked in an amusement park or a library?
Would she rather have a night of fun and excitement, or solitude and contemplation?
11 Best Random Questions to Ask a Girl
These random questions are sure to result in some fun, off-the-wall conversations.
Whether you’ve been talking for a while or you just met a moment ago, use these questions to push past the small talk and have some amazing conversations.
Here are the 11 best random questions to ask a girl:
10. Do you think the world would be a better or worse place if everyone suddenly could read each other’s thoughts?
Complete and total honesty. Does the truth hurt… or does it set us free?
11. What job would you be absolutely terrible at?
Nobody’s perfect. This question is a fun way to ask a girl about her weaknesses.
12. Could you survive in the wilderness for a month?
Does she have the skills and the will to survive in nature?
13. If the prize for breaking a world record was $1,000,000, what world record would you try to break?
This question can lead to a great conversation about quirky talents.
14. What event in your life would make a good movie?
You can extend this question by asking what songs would be in her soundtrack.
15. In 40 years, what will make people nostalgic?
What will her generation’s good old days be?
16. If you could only live in one city for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
This question can lead to a great conversation about travel.
17. What’s the grossest food-based ice cream flavor you can think of?
Just how adventurous is her palate?
18. Would you rather be able to stop time or fly?
Be sure to ask how she would use the power she chooses.
19. Would you rather have x-ray vision or bionic hearing?
See all or hear all? Both are useful skills.
20. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you try?
Who wouldn’t like the chance to walk in someone else’s shoes?
12 Random and Funny Questions to Ask a Girl
This list of funny questions to ask a girl works especially well because it gives the girl you’re talking with a chance to be funny too. You’ll boost her confidence at the same time you’re getting to know her.
Here are 12 random and funny questions to ask a girl:
21. What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren’t going to sell it anymore?
A favorite variety of cereal? Those jeans that fit perfectly? Twinkies?
22. If you found out that your internal monologue for the last week was going to be a radio broadcast, how screwed would you be?
Are we talking change-your-name-and-disappear screwed, or get-ready-to-be-taken-away screwed?
23. If you survived the zombie apocalypse, what would your post-apocalypse job be?
A new society would need all types. What would her contribution be?
24. Would you rather eat only pizza or ice cream for the rest of your life?
Thankfully both options have plenty of varieties.
25. If you ruled your own country, who would you get to write your national anthem?
Please rise for the National Anthem by Lady Gaga.
26. What would be the genre of music for it?
Something people can dance to, or something more reverent?
27. What song would you pay money to never hear again?
After 500 plays on the radio, some songs need to be retired.
28. If you were challenged to a duel, what weapons would you choose?
Swords? Pistols? Pool noodles? Fly swatters?
29. What sport would be the funniest to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to?
Spectators have plenty of drinking games, give the athletes a turn!
30. What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
This question can lead to some fun and random stories.
31. Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
While neither are great for conversation, which would suit her personality best?
32. Would you rather be stranded on an island alone or with someone you hate?
Is the company worth the constant annoyance?
7 Random and Weird Questions To Ask A Girl
If there’s anything that adds a little extra spice to a weird question it’s making it random. Taking weird questions to ask and deploying them at random moments just maximizes the weirdness and gets far more genuine, and genuinely funny, answers.
Try a few of these weird questions to ask a girl and try to get an answer from her at the most random moment. If she’s game, these questions can lead to a whole lot of fun.
Here are 7 random and weird questions to ask a girl:
33. What is your best kind of underpants?
If you know her well enough to know she’ll like this question, you know you gotta ask it.
34. What was the worst nickname you had as a kid?
When you find out, be generous and promise not to call her it.
35. What was the first cuss word that you learned and at what age?
Was she cursing like a sailor as a toddler?
36. What is it about you that you would want to change?
Random and weird…and honest. A great get to know you question.
37. What do you like more – A shower in the morning, or a shower before you go to bed?
One of the most important questions we all have to answer every single day.
38. What is your take on facial hair?
Every girl has a serious opinion.
39. What is the most attractive pickup line you have ever heard?
Take note and if it doesn’t work out with this girl, you’ve got a great line for the future.
5 Random Questions to Ask a Girl You Like
The following list of random questions to ask a girl you like will keep your interactions light and fun, but will also help you get to know a girl you like better.
Asking questions is the best way to show interest in a girl you like. Use these random questions as a way to get more familiar and show her that you’re into her.
Here are 5 random questions to ask a girl you like:
40. Is there a quote you strive to live by?
What piece of wisdom guides her from day to day?
41. What are the three things that you can’t live without?
This question will let you know a lot about her interests and passions.
42. Where do you like to go to have fun?
Pay attention, this is a golden opportunity for a date in the future.
43. What are your nicknames?
The best nicknames are earned. What has she done to deserve hers?
44. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?
Go ahead and download this song. It might come in handy.
8 Random Questions to Ask a Girl Over Text
Forget about writing multiple drafts of your texts, I’ve gone to the trouble of crafting the perfect random question messages for you.
Here are 8 random questions to ask a girl over text:
45. Would you rather be a genius in a world of morons, or a moron in a world of geniuses?
Most of us experiences both of these realities on a regular basis. Which would she prefer?
46. Would you rather live on a houseboat or in an RV?
Both offer freedom and adventure. Which call is stronger: the open sea or the open road?
47. Would you rather always be barefoot or never be able to take your shoes off?
I suppose this answer depends on the shoes in question.
48. Would you rather have a unicorn horn or a squirrel tail?
Both would make getting dressed difficult.
49. Would you rather meet the president of the United States or your favorite movie star?
Is she drawn to power or to glamour?
50. What gadget do you hope is invented in your lifetime?
How would she like to see life get a little more convenient?
51. Would you rather be able to control animals or electronics with your mind?
This question is really about lifestyle. Is she more connected to electronics or to nature?
52. Would you rather know the history of every object you touch or be able to talk to animals?
There’s no doubt both would have interesting stories to tell.
10 Random Questions to Ask a Girl to Get to Know Her
I can’t count the number of times I’ve been out and wished I had a few questions to ask to get to know a girl in my back pocket.
Lucky for you, I’ve put together this list of random get to know you questions to help you set the tone for a great conversation and break the ice.
Here are 10 random questions to ask a girl to get to know her:
53. At what age do you think a person needs to “grow up?”
Even if we never feel grown up, when do we have to act grown up?
54. If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
Everyone is curious about how their life will play out. What is she most curious about?
55. Did you have an imaginary friend as a child?
This question can lead to a fun trip down memory lane.
56. What is the first thing you notice about people?
This one will quickly reveal some of her character traits and interests.
57. Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets?
Greet the day or bid it farewell?
58. Mountains or beach?
It’s a simple question, but it will let you know about her hobbies and interests too.
59. Dogs or cats?
Is there any better personality test than this question?
60. Would you ever let your parents pick out a partner for you?
Arranged marriages are still practiced all over the world. How would she feel about one?
61. Online shopping or in-person shopping?
Does she prefer convenience or face to face interaction?
62. If you could only go to amusement parks or historical sites for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
This question will lead to a great conversation about her interests and personality traits.
7 Random Questions To Ask A Girl, That You Can Also Ask Guys
It’s always a good idea to keep a wide range of social tools in your kit. These random questions to ask a guy or a girl are super versatile. Whether you’re on a tinder date or kicking it with your bros, these questions stop awkward silences in their tracks.
These questions work virtually anywhere, anytime. The whole point is that they come from left field. At work, at a party, or at the dinner table, these questions need no introduction or context.
Here are 7 random questions to ask a girl that you can also ask guys:
63. What are some songs you know by heart?
Everyone likes music, and talking about your favorite tunes is a great way to connect with virtually anyone.
64. What villain do you really feel for?
Sometimes villains get a bad rap. I mean, Peter Pan chopped off Captain Hook’s hand and fed it to a crocodile — can you really blame him for wanting revenge?
65. What is the most interesting thing you could do with 400 pounds of cheese?
Fondue river? Ultra nacho mountain?
66. What would be the funniest thing to fill a piñata with?
67. Would you rather be the circus person who puts their head in the lion’s mouth or the clown that is shot out of a cannon?
Talk about a lose-lose situation.
68. What piece of technology brings you the most joy?
Which gadget has changed your life for the better?
69. Would you rather live life in a small submarine at the bottom of the sea or in a small space capsule in outer space?
And what would you do to pass the time?
5 Random, but Personal Questions To Ask A Girl
Having some personal questions to ask in your mental rolodex will do wonders for your conversations.
And our list of personal questions to ask a girl is a great place to look for inspiration.
We’ve combined them with the randomness of random questions.
Here are 5 random, but personal questions to ask a girl:
70. What are the things that make you feel loved?
Love makes the world go ’round. Do some of the things in her answer to show her some love.
71. Do you talk or see your best friends regularly?
It’s not necessary to see your best friends regularly, but it always makes things more fun.
72. Do you believe promises?
Promises are hard to keep. Does that mean they shouldn’t be made?
73. What is your opinion on flirting?
If she likes a smooth talker, we have some tips on how to talk to girls.
74. Are you satisfied with the current things you have in your life?
What things do you want in your life? What do you want your life to be? You’re the only one who can make it happen.
8 Random, but Deep Questions to Ask a Girl or Girlfriend
By now you know you’re into this girl.
Whether you’re in a relationship or feeling out the potential, you’re going to want to have some deep questions to ask.
Here are 8 random, but deep questions to ask a girl/your girlfriend:
75. What do you think your biggest achievement is?
Big achievements take dedication. What has she dedicated herself to?
76. Where is your favorite place to be with me?
Be sure to go back there and relive memories while you create new ones.
77. What’s your favorite non-physical quality about me?
Take the compliment gracefully and volunteer your answer to the same question.
78. Would you rather save the life of someone that you’re close to or 5 random strangers?
Utilitarianism would tell her to save the most people. Does her heart agree?
79. What do you miss the most from your childhood?
This question can start a great conversation about events that shaped her.
80. Do you think couples should also be best friends?
If you’re in a relationship or considering one, her answer will be very important.
81. What makes a good friend?
The qualities she looks for in a friend are probably similar to those she wants in a boyfriend.
82. What are the 5 most beautiful things in the world?
Does she enjoy the simple things? Natural beauty? Good company?
How to Ask a Girl Random Questions: 3 Tips
Before you dive into these random questions to ask a girl, let me give you 3 tips to help you get the most out of your experience.
1. Start Simple
You never want to come on too strong. Jumping into a conversation with a random question that is too personal can make anyone feel uncomfortable.
Begin with the random conversation starters to break the ice. As you build rapport, move to the questions that probe a little deeper.
2. Remember Your Purpose
The purpose of a random question is to provide a way into an interesting conversation. Listen closely to her answers. Be curious about her responses. Let the conversations flow.
If you forget your purpose you’ll find yourself giving the most random interview ever conducted.
3. Be True to Yourself
Girls can tell if you’re pretending, and it’s not usually a quality they admire.
4. Choose the questions that you find fun and interesting
Ask the questions that will lead to the conversations you want to have. If you’re true to yourself you’ll have more fun and appear genuine and trustworthy.
Downloadable and Printable List of Random Questions to Ask a Girl
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of random questions to ask a girl (right-click the image and select Save Image As…):
Looking for More Random Questions to Ask a Girl?
By now you’ve probably seen just how valuable knowing random questions to ask a girl can be. If you’re looking for even more fun, easy questions for a night on the town or a more private setting, check out some of these great questions.
- Whether you’re in a relationship or not, you’ll find a lot of these questions to ask your girlfriend will help you start fun, meaningful conversations.
- If you’re looking for fun ways to pass the time or easy ways to start a hilarious conversation, check out these would you rather questions.
- If you’re ready for some questions that go beyond daily conversation, you’ll love having these interesting question to ask a girl in your back pocket.
With this list of 82 random questions to ask a girl you’re ready to approach any interaction with confidence.
Keep in mind that knowing the right questions to ask is only the beginning. Remember that you’re not only asking questions, you’re looking for chances to connect.
Use these questions to ask a girl to mix up your conversations and remember that they’re meant to be fun!