This article is a list of the best first date questions out there. If you're looking for the right questions to ask on a first date, these first date questions won't disappoint.
First dates can be nerve-racking, and coming up with questions to ask on a date can be a hassle. I've shared practical first-date tips in many of my articles, so I know exactly how to get a girlfriend.
3 Best Topics To Talk About On A First Date
What you're really asking for when you are looking for things to talk about on a first date is a set of topics that make it easier to know what to say to a girl when you first meet up, in the middle of the date, and right at the end.
Well, here are three big topics to cover in your date to make sure you'll keep chatting all night.
Start by using this opportunity to learn more about her. Ask about her history (family, school, jobs), her current life, and her future goals (where does she see herself in five years?).
Then, broaden out a bit to the general (sports, movies, music, whatever she seems interested in), so you have a chance to find out how well your tastes match up.
Finally, finish it off with recommendations. Use what you've learned to ask her advice on a great horror movie that could make you a fan as big as she is, or the band you really need to hear. Keep this in mind if you're thinking about what to talk about on first date.
Then, you can use that as a bridge to getting into date 2.
26 Best First Date Questions
Starting an interesting conversation on a first date can be pretty daunting, especially if you're not big on small talk. Start your date off strong with a great conversation starter, and I promise you, you'll feel a lot closer to each other after just one date. Luckily for you, you only need to pick one from this list.
1. What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?
This might sound like a standard question but asking about her hobbies not only gives you an idea of the kinds of things she likes, and it can also help you see if you both share the same interests. Plus, if you want to impress her, knowing her hobby might give you an idea of what a perfect day looks like for her.
2. Who is the most fascinating person you’ve ever met?
We all look up to somebody. It could be a celebrity, a classical artist, a great author, a close friend, or a beloved family member. Whoever it is, asking your date this question is an excellent way to start a meaningful conversation.
3. What was the last book you really got into?
If she's a bookworm, your date will love this interesting question. Trust me. I've never met a reader who doesn't love talking about the books they've read.
4. What are some movies you really enjoyed?
A movie night for a date is never a bad idea. That is if you pick the right ones. So this is a good question to ask in preparation for a perfect movie date. That is if you successfully got through the first date.
5. Did you collect stuff as a child?
Who hasn’t had a few weird collections growing up?
6. Which would you like the most: a summer house, a year-long vacation, or a boat?
The boat sounds like the best of both worlds: it can take you on vacations anywhere in the world, all year long!
7. If you could live in any three cities in the world, which would they be and why?
Yes, Paris counts, too — although it often doesn’t live up to the hype in real life. Have you ever heard of the Paris syndrome?
8. What's the most amazing adventure have you've ever been on?
If you got through the first date, why not plan an amazing adventure for your second date to keep the momentum going? Asking this simple question is a great way to get an idea about the kinds of activities she enjoys doing.
9. What are you kind of obsessed with these days?
I'm sure you have a guilty pleasure that you'd hate to admit but don't we all? We all go through a phase where we can't get enough of something, so I'm sure your date has one too. This is supposed to be a fun question, so try not to get all judgy.
10. What TV series do you keep coming back to and re-watching?
Pop culture has made binge-watching a norm, especially now that we're almost always at home. Not only is it a fun topic to talk about, but it also gives you a lot to add to your watch list. Is the lockdown keeping you from hanging out together? Don't worry. You can still enjoy a perfect date even apart—two words- Netflix party.
11. What hobbies would you like to get into if you had the time and money?
They say money can't buy happiness, but I'm not sure if I agree with that. I mean, I'm sure sky diving is a load of fun, and so is scuba diving, but boy, they sure don't come in cheap!
12. Among your friends, what are you best known for?
Aside from our families, our friends know us best. I'm sure she already made a great impression on you ( I mean, why else would you date her?), but this is a great question to ask if you want to get to know her better and see her in a different light.
13. What personality tests have you taken, and do you agree with the results?
Are you an INFJ or an ESTP?
14. What’s your favorite memory with your parents?
And what do you think their favorite memories with you are? They rarely overlap.
15. What do you think about couples who own a business together?
Do you admire them for being power couples? Or are you horrified at the thought of spending close to 24 hours each day with your spouse?
16. What music artist do you never get tired of?
Dick Clark couldn't have said it better. Music is indeed the soundtrack of your life. So maybe asking her this question can tell you something about your date's life.
17. What are some obscure things that you are or were really into?
Dr. Seuss sure knows what he's talking about when he said, "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
18. What are some things everyone should try at least once?
Stepping out of our comfort zone to try new things always does us good. It's the best way to grow! I'm sure your date has a few things she wants to cross off her bucket list too. Maybe you're the guy who finally gets to finish it with her?
19. What are you always game for?
You can never go wrong with a woman who has a zest for life! This is one of the many first-date questions that help you get to know a girl better.
20. Where’s the strangest place you’ve ever been?
We've all been in weird and sketchy places, and it's almost always a good story to tell for next time. This conversation starter will have you and your date feeling excited, surprised, and maybe even a bit embarrassed, all at the same time.
21. What do you like but are kind of embarrassed to admit?
We all have our guilty pleasures. Maybe she spends a lot of time browsing quotes on Twitter. Perhaps she'd hate to admit that she secretly loves the Kardashian?
22. If you could go back in time as an observer, no one could see you, and you couldn’t interact with anything, when would you want to go back to?
Wouldn't you like to know how it's like to live in ancient times? And how great would it be if you were with Leonardo Da Vinci when he painted Mona Lisa? This is definitely a fun topic to talk about.
23. Have you ever changed your mind about something you were once sure about?
Who hasn’t? What’s more interesting here is what made you reconsider your stance?
24. What is the most meaningful thing someone ever said to you?
Other than, “I love you,” that is. Surely you can get more imaginative than that?
25. What’s been the most significant plot twist in your own life?
One way or another, we'll all have defining moments that will change our lives forever. Maybe it already happened for your date? This deep question will pull you closer together.
26. How much social interaction is too much for you?
What happens when an extrovert dates an introvert? Awkward silence. You don't want to be around someone you can't vibe with, right? Is she an introvert or an extrovert?
Share This Image On Your Site
14 Questions To Ask To Initiate A Conversation During A First Date
If you can't seem to figure out a topic, try out one of these first date conversation starters. Great conversation starters can really set the mood on a date, and asking the right questions can make all the difference.
27. What pets have you had?
Owning a pet is a big responsibility and a big commitment. Whether she's a cat person or a dog person, you can always bet that she's the kind of woman that can take care of you.
28. What’s your favorite international food?
If she is a foodie, she'll have a lot of answers to this question. And If she's a foodie, she's probably a good cook too- that's always a good sign for me.
29. How many siblings do you have?
Ask next whether she's the first child, middle, last or only child. Asking for her birth order is a great way for you to get to know your date better.
30. Who is your favorite author?
Women who love to read can sure carry a conversation, and they're probably the type of girls you'd want to introduce to your parents. Parents love smart girls.
31. If there was an Olympics for everyday activities, what activity would you have a good chance at winning a medal in?
It's different for everyone, but I'm sure you'll get an interesting answer every time. Maybe she can win gold for spending too much time on social media? Or perhaps she can win an award for being able to drive a car without getting a ticket, ever?
32. What is the most beautiful view you’ve ever seen?
Ask her this question to get an idea for future dates. Whatever type of girl she is, girls always love it when their man plan dates for her. If you keep a girl happy, you'll always be her favorite view.
33. What did you do last summer?
The activities a girl enjoys doing can tell you a lot about her. She's definitely a modern-aged woman if she likes going to pop culture events. She's the creative type if she likes music festivals. She's a free spirit if she prefers a day on the beach.
34. What did you do for (last holiday)? Or What will you do for (next closest holiday)?
Asking about how she celebrates holidays will give you an idea about a girl's preference. You know, in case you get to spend it with her next time.
35. Best and worst flavor ice cream?
Any girl with a sweet tooth will love this question. I mean, how can you not love ice cream? It's one of the best things in the world.
36. What TV shows did you watch when you were a kid?
Where are my Millenials at? I'm sure any one of you can name one too many shows you used to love as a kid. Good times, am I right?
37. What’s your favorite thing to do outdoors? How about indoors?
Second dates exist as solutions for bad first dates. If you're already preparing for second date ideas, this might be a good question to ask on a first date. Believe it or not, indoor dates can be as fun as outdoor dates.
38. What’s your go-to funny story?
Funny stories always come in handy for cooling down first-day jitters.
39. What’s your favorite quote or saying?
Words have the power to inspire, and you can never have too many motivational quotes. I mean, they just make sense. I'm sure your date has a favorite mantra too.
40. If you unexpectedly won $10,000, what would you spend it on?
Ten thousand dollars can buy you many things. Whether or not she spends it on something worth it is her choice. Aren't you just a little bit curious what your date would do with it? A quick bout of excitement or a lasting investment?
22 Get To Know You Questions To Ask On First Date
A first date is the most exciting way to introduce yourself, and asking great get to know you questions can make you closer than ever. They're a little more personal, which makes them perfect questions for a girl you like.
Still searching for questions to ask a girl to get to know her. Look no further.
41. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
It might be hard to hang out with a morning person when you're a night owl so you might want to get that out of the way as early as the first date.
42. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Food is universal and it's the quickest way to get through anyone's heart. Take note of her answers for future reference.
43. What would be your dream job?
A girl with a dream is a girl who doesn't quit. If that's how she is in life, imagine how she would be about love?
44. What would your perfect vacation look like?
A great woman deserves all the good things in life- especially the perfect vacation. Asking her this question is precisely how you plan an ideal out-of-town trip.
45. What would your perfect morning be like?
Her answer will prove to be useful for when you want to surprise her with a breakfast date. Trust me. Women go crazy for breakfast dates.
46. Who are your kind of people?
You can't be everyone's cup of tea. Everyone knows that. You might want to know her answer to this to make sure that she can get along with your friends.
47. What odd talent do you have?
Being able to twist your tongue in weird ways is only one of the many freakish talents that exist. Believe it or not, there are a lot of extraordinary people who can do out-of-this-world tricks. Your date might just be one of them.
48. What would you like to know more about, but haven’t had the time to look into it?
If you're the type who likes to get into deep and thought-provoking conversations, this question is perfect for self-reflection. It's a great way to get an idea about a woman's priorities in life.
49. Have you ever joined any meetup groups?
Be it a book club, hiking group, or a charity organization, a girl who's always out-and-about town is a girl who comes with a lot of impressive qualities. You'll never run out of topics to talk about when you're dating a social butterfly.
50. What’s the most relaxing situation look like?
Drinking a pina colada by the beach; Getting an all-expenses-paid spa day? The list can go on.
51. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a kid?
Many of us have a favorite place from our childhood. Maybe she can take you there one day.
52. If you found a briefcase filled with 1 million in 100$ bills in front of your door, what would you do with it?
I don't know about you and your date, but If I found a briefcase filled with that much money, I won't, for sure, waste it.
53. What’s the worst advice someone has given you?
We all see the world differently. I can probably think of one or two odd tips that I've, unfortunately, listened to.
54. Besides your home and your work, where do you spend most of your time?
Where does she spend most of her free time?
55. What do you care least about?
If she's the type of girl who couldn't care less about your money- marry her.
56. What are people often surprised to learn about you?
Sometimes we do things people don't expect us to. People can come up with their idea of us based on how we look and their interactions with us. That's why they get so surprised.
57. What would you do with the extra time if you never had to sleep?
That will be the day, am I right? We've practically evolved into half-robots by the time that happens.
58. When you were a kid, what seemed like the best thing about being a grown up?
As kids, we all wanted to grow up fast because we thought grown-ups had more fun. Now that you're all grown up, how is it going for you?
59. If you could send one letter to yourself in the past without the goal of making yourself rich (no lotto numbers, stock picks, etc.), what age would you choose and what would the letter say?
I'd probably send a letter to the one-year-ago me so I can be rich today.
60. How different do you act when you are with acquaintances vs. people you are comfortable with?
We all have versions of ourselves with different people. I'm sure you'd want to be the type she can be herself with.
61. What’s your go-to series or movie when you want to watch something but can’t find anything to watch?
Netflix should have a "surprise me" button.
62. What do you like to eat to cheer yourself up?
She'll probably say it's cream but it could be anything, really. Maybe eating spicy food cheers her up?
17 First Date Never Have I Ever Questions for Couples
Never have I ever questions for couples" always works.
63. Never have I ever fallen asleep on my partner while watching t.v.
One of the great joys of coupledom that you can imagine together.
64. Never have I ever dreamed of my wedding with my partner.
Basically, never have I ever been in a truly serious relationship.
65. Never have I ever been on a double date.
It's a fun thing to try if the first date is a success. There are activities made for more people to enjoy.
66. Never have I ever sang at karaoke.
Veteran or newbie, this is a great way to transition to the karaoke bar for more fun. Follow up with "When's the last time you went"?
67. Never have I ever had a date just to hurt another person.
It's cruel, but sharing that story will establish a lot of intimacy.
68. Never have I ever found someone of the same gender attractive.
Find out just how fluid their sexuality is.
69. Never have I ever helped a stranger on the street.
Are they demonstrably kind-hearted, or do they walk past the miseries of life like the rest of us?
70. Never have I ever tried to get the password of another person.
How much do they snoop around on friends and potential romantic partners?
71. Never have I ever taken something from a hotel room.
I'm impressed at the person's self-control who has never tried taking even the shampoo for a hotel room.
72. Never have I ever kissed on the first date.
Good to know before the night is over.
73. Never have I ever been on a dating website.
How old-school is their dating experience?
74. Never have I ever dated more than one person at once.
Find out now if there's more competition to worry about after the first date's a hit.
75. Never have I ever dated someone for more than a year.
Does she do commitment? You know the answer now.
76. Never have I ever spied on an ex online.
She either has or she's a liar.
77. Never have I ever made fun of someone.
Whether it's an innocent tease, a childish prank, or serious bullying she regrets, there's a story there.
78. Never have I ever watched keeping up with the Kardashians.
There's nothing wrong with liking it, but some would say that she's a keeper if she didn't keep up with the Kardashians.
79. Never have I ever lied to a friend to avoid a greater evil.
How pure at heart or practical is she?
16 Funny Questions You Should Ask On A First Date To Keep A Light Mood
Everyone loves to laugh. And everyone likes being around people who make them laugh.
So if you want people to like you more, you should probably have some funny questions to ask on hand. As for the ladies...
If you're still working on asking her out, take a look at our funny questions to ask a girl. They're written specially to get her interested in you.
80. What fad did you never really understand?
The older you get, the harder it is to understand fads.
81. What’s the silliest fear you have?
What spooks her that shouldn't?
82. If you lived to 100, would you rather keep the body or the mind of yourself at 30 until you were 100?
A gorgeous body or a healthy mind?
83. What’s the strangest phone conversation you’ve ever had?
Ever have a weirdo call and drone on about nonsense?
84. What machine or appliance in your house aggravates you the most?
Some technology never works when we want it to.
85. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
There are plenty to choose from.
86. What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve done because you were bored?
Boredom breeds creativity. Some of humanity's most outstanding achievements have come from boredom.
87. What’s happening now, that in 20 years people will look back on and laugh about?
I bet your bottom dollar it's going to be Tiktok.
88. If the company you work for / the college you go to had an honest slogan, what would it be?
You can do this with any corporation or business. It's an entertaining game.
89. Which is the cheesiest pickup line someone has used on you?
Use your cheesiest pick up line after asking this question for either a giggle or a stern look of disapproval.
90. What is your weirdest “quirk”?
We all have them. They make us unique.
91. If you ruled the world, what would you change?
What does their perfect utopia look like?
92. What is something you have tried, but will never do again?
Sometimes breaking out of our comfort zones makes us realize we never want to try that again.
93. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten and liked?
Sometimes, breaking out of your comfort zone will make you realize how much you don't want to do a thing again. It's fun, exciting, and you can even learn something from it.
94. If you could be a man for just one day, what would you do?
A classic, fun one that is sure to produce some laughs.
95. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in school?
That one moment, your entire social status in high school, was up for debate.
29 Random Questions on First Date
Being a little odd and quirky is one of those things that has mixed results with people.
Some people like random questions while other people aren't too keen on them. Regardless of how anyone feels about how strange and spontaneous you can be, it would be best if you kept being yourself (unless you're overbearing.)
So if you're feeling a little goofy and the mood is right, random questions to ask a girl can be your best friend!
96. Cutest animal? Ugliest animal?
Pugs are somehow cute and disgusting at the same time.
97. What’s your favorite piece of furniture you’ve ever owned?
Every piece of furniture has a story, especially in college.
98. What household chore is just the worst?
Some chores are more enjoyable than others!
99. How techie are you?
Because I've been having this problem with my laptop...
100. What’s expensive but totally worth it?
What items are worth a high price tag?
101. Before you make a call, do you rehearse what you are going to say?
It's always wise to be prepared.
102. When was the last time you sang to yourself or to someone else?
We all sing to ourselves from time to time! Don't say you've never tried it.
103. When was the last time you walked for more than an hour?
It's important to stay active, especially as you grow older.
104. What would make for an excellent new ice cream flavor?
Strawberry toothpaste and chives.
105. What’s the most interesting fact you know?
It's always handy to have a few random facts to throw out there.
106. What’s your favorite smell?
Don't underestimate a good (or bad) smell. They stick with you.
107. What’s the most amount of people you had to present something in front of?
Presenting something to a class or an auditorium is both equally nerve-racking.
108. What’s the strangest way you’ve become friends with someone?
Has she oddly met a new friend? Is this their best friend? What's the story?
109. What sports would be funniest if the athletes had to be drunk while playing?
Every sport is fun to play while drunk, but which would be the funniest to watch?
110. What’s your favorite band name (not necessarily your favorite band)?
The name doesn't always match the sound.
111. How well do you cope when you don’t have your phone with you for an extended period of time?
Those little distraction devices are hard to live without.
112. If you had the power to change one law, what law would you change?
What would she like to get away with?
113. How would you feel if you were in a white room with people all dressed in white?
It's like something out of a nightmare, but how did you get there in the first place?
114. If you had the power to transform into a bird, what type of bird and which bird would you want to become?
Zip through the forest as a Wren or soar across the sea like an Albatross?
115. If you were in a forest, what are the three emotions you’d feel?
This one is interesting because you'll find out if she's one with nature or not.
116. Do you squeeze the toothpaste from the middle or the end?
I've seen both tactics ruin friendships between roommates. People can't seem to agree on where to squeeze the tube.
117. Have you ever felt like you met someone in a previous life?
Maybe reincarnation does exist. What are the implications if it does?
118. If you could read minds, how would you use the gift?
Would she destroy her opponents or make the world a more sustainable place?
18 Would You Rather Questions to Ask On A First Date
Would you rather questions are always fun to ask, no matter the situation. I highly recommend them on your first time out together.
119. Would you rather live full-time in an RV or full-time on a sailboat?
If she's a wanderlust, she won't even have to choose between the two.
120. Would you rather have an incredibly fast car or incredibly fast internet speed?
Zoom zoom. The ultimate road trip car or the best internet experience.
121. Would you rather have true love or win the lottery?
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a cake.
122. Would you rather marry a nice guy or a flirty one?
Flirty doesn't always mean dishonest, and nice doesn't always mean faithful.
123. Would you rather spend 2 months living in a nursing home or spend 2 weeks eating only from Taco Bell?
It's time for lunch Gertrude. Today we ordered Taco Bell for you and the other residents!
124. Would you rather go to an amusement park or a family reunion?
Lots of thrills or lots of family?
125. Would you rather work behind a desk or with your hands?
Work is work and it's always hard either way. Pick one.
126. Would you rather be a hard worker or a smart worker?
Work smarter, not harder.
127. Would you rather live in a cabin in Alaska or on a tropical island?
Both will be the first to go when the earth heats up.
128. Would you rather have no sense of smell, or have a sense so strong you could smell everything around you like it was in front of your face?
Before you decide, read up on why your sense of smell is so important!
129. Would you rather go for a bungee jump or hot air balloon ride?
Are you thrilled or chilled?
130. Would you rather live for 6 months in a lighthouse, accessible only by a 3-mile boat ride, or live for 6 months in the most crowded room of a youth hostel?
All the personal space you can imagine or no personal space at all?
131. Would you rather be able to stop time at will or age at half the normal human rate?
Each can be better than the other, depending on who you're talking to. This will give you a lot of opinionated answers.
132. Would you rather be confined to your home for one month and only able to communicate with the outside world via fax machine or unable to go back to your home for 3 months?
Home is where the fax is.
133. Would you rather have many causal friends or one close one?
Someone you know you can count on or a bunch of someones you might be able to count on?
134. Would you rather have a mansion or a cozy home that has just the right amount of room?
Tiny houses have become more and more popular over the years.
135. Would you rather have an exotic meal in a five-star hotel or a delicious chocolate-cake from a local bakery?
Fancy feast or tasty treats?
136. Would you rather be someone else’s first love or their last forever?
Either way, being any of the two can be a lot of pressure.
19 Deep Topics To Talk About During Your First Date
Deep questions to ask are fantastic for when the conversation gets a little more personal.
They deal with our deepest thoughts and feelings, which you'll want to know when talking to a girl you like. We have other deep questions to ask a girl, but below are some hand-selected ones specifically for a first date.
137. What would you do if had enough money to not need a job?
What would she do if all of her time was free time?
138 What are some accomplishments that you are really proud of?
She should be proud of herself if she's ever going to be proud of you.
139. If you could give everyone just one piece of advice, what would it be?
What if they followed it? Do you think their lives would change for the better?
140. Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?
Is she a team player, or is she a leader?
141. How have you changed from when you were in high school?
You'd never think you'd change, but you will. Even just looking back a year ago from now, there's a lot of change that happened to you. What more if you look back to when you were in high school?
142. When do you feel most out of place?
Being uncomfortable helps us grow into stronger versions of ourselves.
143. What says the most about a person?
The answer will be different every time so that's for you to find out.
144. If you could have the answer to any one question, what question would you want the answer to?
I don't know about you guys, but I would love to know if Big Foots exist.
145. What do you miss about life 10 or 20 years ago?
This is a great question to ask a date. Why? It's because nostalgia is a powerful drug.
146. What’s something that's getting worse and worse as you get older? What’s getting better and better as you get older?
With age comes new struggles and things to be thankful for.
147. What’s the best way to get to know who someone really is?
How can you truly understand a person?
148. Who besides your parents taught you the most about life?
You can learn a lot from different people. Seriously, every person here on earth has a lesson a teach.
149. If you could instantly receive a Ph.D. in any discipline including all the knowledge and experience that goes along with it, what would your Ph.D. be in?
What would she enjoy being an expert in?
150. What friendship you’ve had has impacted you the most?
Sometimes we lose track of friends but we never lose track of how they made us feel.
151. What’s something you've worked really hard for?
Dedication and discipline are attractive. What does success look like to them?
152. How much personal space do you need to be comfortable?
If she's an introvert, you might want to know whether or not she's comfortable with parties.
153. If you knew you were going to die in a year, what would you change about how you live?
In other words, what's on their bucket list. What's the best life they could live with given our limited time?
154. What’s the most essential part of a friendship?
What makes a true friendship last? I'm sure everyone has different answers, and those with the same answers are friends!
155. Would you like to be famous? (If yes, what would you want to be famous for? If no, why not?)
There are plenty of pros and cons to being famous.
10 First Date Speed Dating Questions To Test Your Compatibility
You don't always have a ton of time to get to know someone on a first date. When you're dealing with speed dating, that's particularly true. In that situation, use these speed dating questions to find out if you are compatible with this person quickly.
156. Do you follow politics?
Admittedly, this is a dangerous first-date question. But one way or the other, you'll want to be compatible with this.
157. What's your favorite movie or tv show? Which one could you watch over and over again?
If you hit it off, watch that tv show/movie together.
158. Do you speak any other languages?
If yes, get them to teach you a bit.
159. Do you see the glass half-full or half-empty?
Optimists and pessimists tend to work best when they're together.
160. What is something you like to do outside of work?
Find shared hobbies or activities you'd want to try together.
161. Have you read any good books recently?
You can never go wrong with a girl who reads. She knows all kinds of exciting things about the world and beyond. A well-read lady is an intelligent person to talk with.
162. What was your favorite game to play as a child?
Take a trip down memory lane and talk about your favorite games to play as a child. It's probably the easiest way to break the ice.
163. What’s your death row meal?
It may not be good to ask this during dinner, but it is a pretty interesting question. I'm sure she can think of a lot of foods they'd want to eat for their last meal.
164. Do you have any claims to fame?
Even the most ordinary people can come up with ingenious ideas. Maybe your date has one.
165. What is your Myers Briggs type?
If you're still not aware of this popular concept, you're missing out on a lot of helpful insights. If you want to know whether or not you're compatible with your date, you better start learning all about the personality types.
Downloadable and Printable List of First Date Questions
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of good first date questions (right-click the image and select Save Image As...):
How To Ask A Question When Having A First Date With A Girl You Like
Asking questions on a first date is scary. But what is more terrifying is not knowing what to talk about on a first date.
Just remember these 3 steps, and you'll have a wonderful time.
1. Be Yourself
The most important thing you can do on a first date is to be yourself. And asking something that you usually wouldn't ask or answering them in ways that don't agree with your character are two things you DO NOT want to do while on a first date. Don't be someone else. Be yourself. Either they'll like you or she won't..., and you'll be fine either way.
You're getting to know one another. You're both nervous, and you both want this to go well. Realizing this will help you maintain your composure and be able to chat more casually. Remember... just memorize a few of these questions, and you'll have an easy list of things to talk about on the first date.
3. Have fun
You're on a date with a girl you like. Make it fun for her by thinking up ways to make her laugh and being the best version of yourself you can be.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still nervous about coming up with questions to ask to get to know someone during a first date? I've listed down some more frequently asked questions to help you out.
What is the most important question on a first date?
First dates are supposed to be fun and light so remember to keep your questions on the down-low but make sure that it helps you get to know your date better. Asking her about her hobbies and interest is probably the best way to break the ice. It's light, and it immediately gives you an idea about her.
How soon do you text after a first date?
You might want to wait this out until you get home, and remember to keep it cool. Thank her for a great time and wish her a good night.
Is a hug good after the first date?
It depends. Whether it's a kiss or a hug, it's not okay without consent, so before making any moves, ask. Believe me. It pays to be mindful, especially on dates. You don't want to make a bad impression.
What should you not ask on a first date?
When nerves get the better of you on a first date, you can speak unthinkingly and say something embarrassing. To avoid this from happening, remember to steer away from intrusive and particularly personal topics.
How do you end the first date?
This one's totally up to you. If you got through the first date, whether or not you clicked with your date, the rule of thumb is to remain courteous. Thank her for making time, and wish her well. If you would love to see her again, the best way to do it is just to ask.
How do you know if she likes you after a first date?
Oh, she'll let you know. If not by words, she'll let you know through her actions.
How to pick what to talk about on a first date?
While it's great to have some broad topics and a few good ideas to build your conversation around, a date can be a really long time to stretch those topics. Essentially, you have to be able to think on your feet.
But that doesn't mean you're on your own.
- Use what you already know from the steps above. You'll need more than the framework laid out above, but a framework isn't a bad place to start. Use the 3 Best Things to Talk About and other sections to give yourself a leg up from the start.
- Understand the setting. You would be surprised at how many conversation topics are just sitting around you at all times, waiting to be discussed. If you've chosen a date activity that matches your date's interests, then you already have things to talk about on a first date just laying about. Use the movie posters for upcoming releases to discuss what looks good and what doesn't. Use the jerseys for sale to ask her about her favorite player now and in the past. Browse through a genre of books neither of you usually read and see if you can both find books you think are worth a glance.
- Understand women. Of course, understanding women is such a massive topic, it isn't going to be covered in just this one step, but that doesn't mean you can't get some preliminary points for improvement up front. So, a few things to know about women on a date: they want to know you're interested, they want to be entertained, and they want to see you like them for more than just how good they look. Try to make sure your conversation hits on these points repeatedly. Ask lots of questions (see Step 5 for more on that), compliment her for how good she looks but also for how clever and interesting she is, and throw in a joke or two to keep her laughing and enjoying your talk.
- Turn on the charm. If you're good at it, then jokes can be a great first date tool. First of all, that gives you many more things to talk about on a first date. And second, if you get her laughing, she'll want to extend that first date forever. If you aren't a great comedian, don't worry. You can stick with using sweet comments to keep her feeling nice. While you don't want to lay it on too thick, tell her when she makes a clever point and remind her you think she's looking great. Whichever method works best for you, use it. Ideally, mix the two together.
- Let her drive the conversation. A conversation is a balancing act. You want to have a natural flow in which each person takes the lead sometimes, talking more, choosing topics, and making the effort to be funny or sweet. So, this point is really just a reminder to keep that in mind. Don't always talk over her and don't rush topics.
- Know how to end the conversation. Conversations have to come to an end. While you want to have things to talk about on a first date, you also need to know when to retire those things. To begin with, it's okay to allow some pauses in your conversation. Don't force it to continue unnaturally. Also, don't panic in those moments. Use all the tips above to find another topic, or if it's at the end of the night, transition to the kiss, and give her a great good night.
More Great Questions To Ask
Looking for conversation starters and ways to get to know a person? Check these out:
- If you want to see what your date thinks about more complex subjects, check out our interesting questions to ask a girl.
- If you're generally at a loss for what to talk about, check out our simple post on questions to ask a girl.
- To keep an already strong relationship interesting, questions for couples are a good place to look.
- To understand the basics of getting to know people, check out our post on how to get to know someone.
- Starting a conversation can be challenging if you don't know how. We know how to start a conversation, though.
I hope you enjoyed this list of questions to ask. Now that you know many first date questions, it should be easier for you to start a conversation. The next time a clueless guy asks you for first date tips and how to get a girlfriend, tell him that knowing the right first date questions matters.
If you want to avoid nerve-racking first dates, remember that knowing the things to ask on a first date makes all the difference.