This is the ultimate guide full of all you need to know about bumble statistics!
If you're into dating apps and want to learn more about what makes Bumble one of the top online dating services, you've come to the right place! Lucky for you, I've been featured on WTOL 11 and The Odyssey Online for my work on dating statistics and how these can help people in their quest to search for "the one".
Let's get started!
Ultimate List of Bumble Statistics
The technological age has brought all the conveniences we never knew we needed into our lives. You can do just about everything at the click of a button! In the old days, you had to drive to a restaurant, order food, and be waited on by servers just to have a meal. Now, you can click a few buttons on your phone and wait for the food to be delivered to your doorstep. Shopping, planning trips, and even dating can all be done using your phone.
Bumble is a dating service that lets you find a potential match using their online dating app. This popular dating app created by Bumble Inc. allows people to swipe left for matches they're interested in and swipe right for the ones they don't like. In heterosexual dating, only female users are allowed to send the first message. In same-sex matches, both parties can message first.
If you're curious to know how this dating site performs and how it compares to other online dating sites, this ultimate list of Bumble statistics will tell you everything you need to know.
Bumble Key Statistics
As the online dating scene hit the United States in 1995, many daters decided to take the plunge and try their luck at online dating. By the 2000s, most people had encountered or tried joining a dating site to find their true match. When smartphones rolled in, the online dating scene had to adjust to this new technology. Developers had to find a way to integrate online dating into apps. In 2012, Tinder was born.
Bumble founder Whitney Wolfe Herd used to be with Tinder, yet she left and sued Tinder for sexual harassment and discrimination, settling at $1 million. She then joined Badoo founder Andrey Andreev to create Bumble, a feminist app that only lets female app users send their first message to men. They mimicked Tinder's signature interface, where users had to do a left swipe for "yes, I'm interested" and a right swipe for "no, I'm not interested."
Some of these key statistics talk about how Bumble is accessible to people worldwide. If you're looking for someone special, you don't have to be in North America. Bumble is available in various parts of the world. Like Tinder users, an active user of Bumble can find a date in the app by swiping left. If you're a Tinder member with no luck in the app, you can try Bumble and see if you find a match group you enjoy.
We have many facts and trivia here for you to learn more about Bumble and how it performs as a dating app.
- Bumble is accessible in 150 countries. (Betway Insider)
- Bumble has more than 4 billion total swipes.
- Bumble had 45 million yearly active users in 2021. (Business of Apps)
- Bumble and Badoo had over 40 million monthly active users.
- 85% of Bumble users are looking for marriage or a boyfriend/girlfriend.
- The number of matches made so far on Bumble accounts for 850 million matches.
- Less than 4% of men and less than 1% of women on Bumble are looking for a hookup.
- 25% of Bumble users went on a first date with someone they met on Bumble in the last month.
Bumble User Statistics
Social networking is much easier nowadays with all the social media platforms the Internet offers. We can meet new people every day without leaving the comfort of our homes. As a person who wants to find their match, I bet you'd like to know if Bumble is reliable and user-friendly for you.
This list also specifies the number of people who choose to be paid users of Bumble. Enlisting in Bumble Premium or Bumble Boost is the counterpart of using Tinder Plus. What's the difference, you may ask? Not much, to be honest. Both paid subscriptions entitle the user to find a Bumble or Tinder match with many added features. These statistics will convince you, because every subscription means one person who believes in the power of the Bumble bizz would pay good money to strengthen their chances of finding someone.
Every statistic in this list will assure you that Bumble users rely greatly on the app because it's easy to use and gives them good matches.
- Bumble has 12.3 million monthly active users.
- Bumble also has 1,352,800 paid subscribers.
- 5.5 million active monthly users of Bumble are from the US.
- 2.8 million users of Bumble are using premium account members.
- Approximately 18.43 million annual Bumble app downloads in 2020.
- 63% of male users prefer Bumble because of its "women-first" functionality.
Bumble Market Share and Revenue Statistics
As one of the top dating apps in the world, it's no question that Bumble makes millions of dollars in revenue. Every year, more than 18 million people download the app, which causes the app's market value to skyrocket on the stock market. Here, you will learn a lot about how Bumble performs financially.
- Bumble made $360 million revenue in 2020. (Company Data, Dating App Report)
- In 2022, Bumble anticipates a net profit of $944 million. (Bumble)
- Bumble has a significant market share of 22% in the USA regarding dating apps.
- Bumble made revenue of $765 million in the financial year 2021. That is a 127% percent increase Y-o-Y. (Company Data, Dating App Report)
- In 2017, Bumble had 10% of the dating app market share, but by 2020, its market share had grown to 19%.
- Due to solid revenue growth, 2020 puts Bumble at a profit of $110 million. Also, Bumble's market value stands at $8 billion.
- For comparison, total 2020 annual revenue came to $360 million, which is likely due to the sudden boost in growth during the pandemic.
If you want to learn about the target market of Bumble, then you should know about its key demographic and what these statistics mean for you as a user of Bumble. Does age have something to do with finding a match? Are there more men or women in Bumble? Is Bumble more popular among Gen Z or Millennials?
These trivia tidbits will tell you all about Bumble demographics.
- Two times more men than women use Bumble. (Statista)
- Bumble apps are accessible in 150+ countries. (Betway Insider)
- In 2020, Bumble's user base grew to 100 million. (DatingSitesReview)
- By the end of 2021, Bumble ranked 199th in the App Store. (Benzinga)
- Age is just a number—Bumble strikes lucky with Millennials. (Medium)
- There's a 21% Increase in Video Feature Usage After the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Around 5.5 million people in the US are active on Bumble each month. (The Small Business Blog)
Bumble Apps Download by Region
Your location is one of the most important factors Bumble considers when finding a match for you. You can even customize how far away you want your matches to come from. In this list of statistics, you will learn how many people use the app according to their location. You'll be surprised to know that many people worldwide use the app to find dates.
- Bumble was downloaded 3.84 million times in the Asia-Pacific region in 2020.
- Bumble had an average of 320 thousand installs per month in the Asia-Pacific region in 2020.
- In 2020, the Bumble app averaged 346 thousand downloads per month in the EMEA region.
- Users from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa downloaded Bumble 4.16 million times in 2020. Downloads in the region have shown 39.08% year-over-year growth.
- In 2020, Bumble was downloaded 10.43 million times by North and Latin America users. App downloads from the Americas have increased by 13.54% since 2019. (Statista)
- On average, the Bumble app received 869 thousand monthly downloads in the North and Latin America region in 2020.
Bumble's Free And Paid Services
Finding your perfect match doesn't have to cost a lot. You can even do it for free! Bumble allows you to double your chances of finding someone if you subscribe to their paid subscription plans! We'll detail each service here and tell you which ones are free or paid.
Some people use Bumble as a pastime when taking a break from work or making plans for the weekend. However, you might have a sudden knee-jerk reaction while swiping. If you swipe left on a person's photo by accident, I bet you'd want an "undo" button to take it back. With Bumble Boost or Bumble Premium, you can use the Backtrack feature to undo accidental swipes.
When you use Bumble for free, matching with someone has an expiration date. Specifically, matches last for only 24 hours. It means you need to message them within 24 hours, or else the match will not be available to you anymore. If you want to rematch with someone, you need to subscribe to Bumble Boost or Bumble Premium.
The Spotlight feature lets you jump to the front of the queue. This feature will ensure your profile is visible within a person's first few swipes. It's useful when you need a date immediately for an event or an urgent gathering. With Bumble Boost or Bumble Premium, you can use the Spotlight feature once every week. If you're not subscribed to either, you can still purchase the Spotlight feature at any given time to boost your profile for a minimum of 30 minutes.
If you're subscribed to Bumble Boost or Bumble Premium, you will receive 5 SuperSwipes per week. When you SuperSwipe someone on Bumble, it means you are confidently interested in them. Like the Spotlight feature, you can also purchase this even if you're not a paid subscriber.
#5: Unlimited Likes
Bumble has a swipe limit, so users can be more mindful of the people they swipe on. It helps users be more careful in their choosing process, so they will create conversations that may lead to better connections. You can get unlimited votes if you're subscribed to Bumble Boost or Bumble Premium.
When you're on Bumble, you have 24 hours to respond to a match. Otherwise, it will expire. When you "extend" a match, you can lengthen the time you need to form the connection. You can get one free Extend per day, giving the match another 24 hours to pan out. If you want unlimited Extends, you need to subscribe to Bumble Boost or Bumble Premium.
Difference Of Bumble From Other Dating Apps
The main difference between Bumble and Tinder is that only women can send the first message on Bumble to start the conversation, while both men and women can start the connection on Tinder. When women make a choice, it ensures that both users are genuinely interested in each other. It gives women an empowered voice to be the one to put their foot down and send the first message to the guy instead of the traditional ways we've been accustomed to.
It also gives the impression that the connections are more focused on emotional connections instead of the premise that people use dating apps only to find a hookup or a fling. Bumble's success in finding genuine matches over the years signifies that they know their stuff regarding the real thing.
Why You Should Try Bumble
Emotional connections are so hard to manage nowadays. People on social media brag about their relationships all the time, only to discover that not everyone is perfect in real life. Using a dating app means you're ready to find the love of your life and take all the bad in with the good. Finding the right person will almost automatically mean you will go through all the wrong people first. Bumble will help you navigate through that and allow you to meet people in the same area with similar interests. This app will help you match with people who are more or less the right fit for you.
#1: More comfortable for women means more comfortable for everyone.
In Bumble, men can swipe left and right to choose the women they like. However, women will be the ones to make the first move. Unless the woman sends the first message, there will be no interaction with a man. This helps women feel more empowered and safe. It lets them choose the men they want to talk to. In a world where consent is required, Bumble allows women to consent to a conversation by letting them send the first message.
#2: The pressure is off men.
Since women are the ones to make first contact, the pressure is off on men. In the old days, men needed to be courageous enough to walk up to a woman and ask her out on a date. He would need to pick her up, pay for dinner and take her home. He needs to work and provide for the family when they get married. With Bumble, it takes some of the pressure off men because it will now be the woman who will send the first message. At the very least, the man will know this girl is genuinely interested in him before he invests his time and energy in the potential relationship.
#3: It's conducive for engagement.
Since Bumble takes your interests, age, preference, and location into account when finding a match, it means you are finding people you will jive with to a certain degree. Meeting up will be simple and convenient when you like the same things and live in the same area. It won't be too awkward, and it will be easy to find common ground. Even if you don't hit it off as romantic partners, you might find friends who you can meet up with often.
Interesting Facts To Know About Bumble
Bumble is a widely-known app among people nowadays, especially among Millennials. Do you think your friends have what it takes to have a trivia game night about this app? We have a couple of Bumble trivia questions here that you can use to test your friends' knowledge about this dating app.
#1: Bumble is free, but users can avail of paid features and perks as well.
In the list above, we've detailed all the features and services of Bumble that every user can enjoy. Ask your friends if they know what "Backtrack" or "Rematch" is and see if they know whether these features are paid or not. You can also ask them if they know the difference between Bumble Boost and Bumble Premium.
#2: Bumble is not just for heterosexual couples.
This dating app wants to be as inclusive as possible. Members of the LGTBQ+ community are very welcome at Bumble. Matching with someone of the same gender is something Bumble is very proud of. In this case, both parties can send the message as long as they're from the same gender.
#3: Bumble profiles are verified.
If you're scared that you might meet someone catfishing you or lying about their age, Bumble erases this possibility. Since Bumble profiles are verified, you'll be sure that all the information you see on a person's profile is correct and truthful. Meeting a middle-aged man when you've been messaging a 25-year-old girl won't happen in the Bumble app, that's for sure.
#4: Bumble isn't just for dating.
Since Bumble matches you with people from the same area with similar interests and age groups, you might find people you connect with on a friendly level. You might not find people you are particularly attracted to. However, you could find people who share the same likes, which is always a good foundation for a friendship.
More Statistics Articles To Explore
I bet you liked this article about Bumble statistics and how they can help you find the person you're meant to be with. We have a couple more statistics articles for you to explore here.
- Are you considering settling down anytime soon? In this post, we have the most important marriage statistics you should learn about before you make a decision.
- Your dating journey will run a little smoother if you try your hand at dating apps. These online dating facts and statistics will tell you everything you need to know about the online dating scene.