Archer | Mar 17, 2021 | 0
31 Best Chemistry Pick Up Lines - Spark interesting conversations.
New? Start here.
If you’re looking to create some chemistry between you and your crush, why not rely on chemistry pick up lines?
There’s something really romantic about Bunsen burners, distillation, and those stylish white lab coats. Choose pick up lines that reflect the coolest branch of science, and you can’t go wrong.
In all seriousness though, chemistry is a fun and interesting topic, and it’s a great ice breaker.
Whether you’re struggling to figure out how to make a girl laugh or you just want to show off your chemistry knowledge, you can rely on chemistry pick up lines to deliver real results.
These next few pick up lines are guaranteed to get a reaction, and who knows? Your crush might just fall head over heels for you after you utter these science pick up lines.
5 Best chemistry pick up lines
While there are all kinds of different chemistry pick up lines you can use, it’s best to choose lines that stand the best chance of success. With these pick up lines, you can’t go wrong.
Here are the 5 best chemistry pick up lines:
1. Hey baby, I've got my ion you!
Short but sweet, this pick up line is bound to cause a reaction. You may want to stress the “ion” part of this line, because if you say it normally, your crush might not hear the hidden meaning.
2. If you were an element you'd be francium because you're the most attractive.
Francium is extremely rare, and it’s also one of the most radioactive elements out there. On the flipside, it also has a very short half-life (22 minutes), which means that it doesn’t really impact the environment.
3. You must be made of uranium and iodine, because I can see U and I together.
Iodine pills were used extensively after the Chernobyl disaster, when large amounts of radioactive Uranium caused a meltdown and completely irradiated the surrounding area.
4. I’ll be your t-cells for you and protect you from everything.
T-cells are the body’s primary first defense for fighting off all kinds of viruses, bacteria, and other things that shouldn’t be there. Without T-Cells, we’d pretty much be at the mercy of any virus that appeared.
5. Are you sure we haven’t had a class together before? I could have sworn that we had chemistry together.
Boom. This line works great if you’re going to the same school together. Bring this line out in a casual fashion, and watch as she starts to realize its hidden meaning. It’s definitely one of the best science pick up lines.
4 funny chemistry pick up lines
Chemistry might be considered a “hard science,” but there’s still plenty of room for comedy amidst all of the math and calculations. Show off your humorous side with these funny pick up lines.
Here are 4 funny chemistry pick up lines:
6. You are so hot that you have a tendency to make my lab goggles get all foggy.
Cheesy, awkward, and nerdy. Just the right combination to make your crush’s heart melt as they hear this line. For bonus points, say this line while you’re actually wearing lab goggles, and get them fogged up beforehand.
7. I wish your name was Avogadro, because then I would already know your number.
The Avogadro constant is related to the number of constituent particles in a sample. This line is pretty clever, and who knows? Your crush might just give you their real number.
8. You must be very electronegative cos you're pulling me.
If electronegativity is present, electrons of a bond attract. Who knows? You and your crush might just form a covalent bond after you say this cute but funny line.
9. I’m attracted to you so strongly, scientists will have to develop a fifth fundamental force.
While researchers are pretty sure that there are only four fundamental forces, no one can ever rule out the possiblity of a fifth. After all, people weren’t able to actually put a name to the concept of gravity until it was studied and researched closely.
5 cute chemistry pick up lines
There’s something undeniably cute about using chemistry to get your crush’s attention. Don’t shy away from this fact, use it! Dial up the cuteness factor with these cute pick up lines.
Here are 5 cute chemistry pick up lines:
10. Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you're CuTe.
Tellurium copper is actually a thing, and the addition of tellurium improves the machinability of copper. However, this type of copper is not suitable to welding.
11. You must be the acid to my litmus paper because every time I meet you I turn bright red.
Litmus paper is of course used to determine whether or not a substance is acidic or basic. While you’re basically implying that your crush is acidic with this line, it’s probably better than implying she’s “basic.”
12. You are a photon quanta to my valence electron because you excite me to a higher energy level.
A photon is a tiny particle of light. Examples of quanta include electrons, neutrinos, and the Higgs boson particle.
13. I’m Magnesium and you’re my oxygen: I light up when I’m with you.
This type of romantic imagery definitely goes a long way, whether your crush actually understands the chemistry behind this statement or not. If you’ve ever seen this reaction, it’s quite a fireworks show - just like your passion!
14. You are the higgs boson particle of my life… because without you, my universe wouldn’t “matter.”
The discovery of the Higgs Boson particle is one of the most developments in chemistry, and it is connected with CERN. To explain the line, the Higgs Boson particule is responsible for mass.
5 sweet chemistry pick up lines
Even though chemistry may seem cold and calculating, you can still show off your sweet side while talking about this subject. Try out these sweet pick up lines and melt her heart.
Here are 5 sweet chemistry pick up lines:
15. Your body must be made of oxygen and neon because you are the ONe.
Fun fact - there are actually oxygen-neon white dwarfs, and it is believed that central carbon ignition creates them. Of course, your crush will be care more about the fact that you think she’s “the one.”
16. Scientists have recently discovered a rare new element called Beautium. It looks like you are made of it.
This pick up line is an excellent choice because your crush doesn’t actually have to understand complex chemistry concepts for it to work. It’s totally sweet and stands a strong chance of success.
17. If I had a choice between DNA and RNA, I'd choose RNA because it has U in it.
RNA has Uracil, which makes it different compared to DNA. Your crush will love this line because it shows that you want to have them in your life for the foreseeable future.
18. If there is an infinite number of universes out there, than we are already together in at least 1.
Technically this is true - providing the infinite universe theory is correct. Of course, that also means there’s a universe out there where you’re married to a giraffe. Or a houseplant.
19. Excuse me, have you lost an electron? Because you are positively attractive!
Another great example of a chemistry pick up line that’ll work even if your crush has never taken a chemistry class before in their life. The punchline says it all, and they’ll appreciate the compliment.
4 cheesy chemistry pick up lines
Chemistry pick up lines are inevitably going to be a little bit cheesy. Embrace this fact with these thoroughly cheesy pick up lines.
Here are 4 cheesy chemistry pick up lines:
20. Do you have 11 protons? Cause you're sodium fine.
A fun play on words, and a sneaky way to tell your crush that they’re “so damn fine.” Just make sure that you don’t get salty if she turns you down.
21. Are you a carbon sample? Because I want to date you.
Carbon dating has been used extensively in fields such as paleontology and archaeology. Using carbon dating, researchers have been able to find out when people and animals lived.
22. Forget hydrogen, you're my number one element.
Who needs hydrogen when you have a loving, caring person in your life who you genuinely want to spend time with? This would be the “number-one element” of anyone’s life.
23. You are like an electron and I am like a proton. And they say that opposites attract.
What they say is true - opposites do attract. It seems as though some laws of the universe seem to hold true from the smallest particles all the way up to human organisms who are trying to have relationships.
4 clever chemistry pick up lines
These lines are a great opportunity to show off your intelligence. Make sure you present your smart nature in a good light with these clever pick up lines.
Here are 4 clever chemistry pick up lines:
24. You be the battery, I'll be the aluminum foil and together we'll light up the world.
Yes, you can start a fire with some aluminum foil and a battery, so be careful! This is one experiment you probably don’t want to try at home, folks.
25. You're so hot that you would make a nuclear reactor melt down.
Yowza! While this line might be clever, it’s also quite daring. If you’re brave enough to try out this line, sparks could fly - in a good way.
26. Even the Kelvin scale could not possibly measure how hot I think you are.
The Kelvin scale is useful for measuring extremely high and low temperatures. With this line, you’re basically saying that your crush is hotter than anything else ever found on Earth.
27. Is there a science room nearby, or am I just sensing the chemistry between us?
Simple and effective. Better yet, you don’t even need to be in the same chemistry class for this clever line to work!
4 bad chemistry pick up lines
If you just want to see the look of confusion and disgust on her face as you try out a ridiculous pick up line, look no further than these bad pick up lines.
28. The two of us go perfectly together like hydrogen and oxygen.
Do you really expect this line to actually work? In what universe?
29. Are you into science? Because I LAB you!
No. Just no. Only try this line if you’re willing to make a fool of yourself.
30. You’re hotter than a Bunsen burner turned up all the way.
Not much thought went into this line. But hey, why not try it and see what happens?
31. Do you want to share some electrons? Maybe we could have a stable relationship.
There’s something undeniably lame about this line. Still, it’s pretty funny.
How To Pick The best chemistry pick up lines
While pretty much all of these chemistry pick up lines are guaranteed to make a good impression with your crush, you can only choose a few to use in the real world. So how do you narrow down the choices? Simply follow this quick guide, and you can’t go wrong.
Here is how to pick the best chemistry pick up lines:
1. Use Powerful Imagery
There’s a lot of really amazing imagery when you’re dealing with chemistry-related topics. Choose questions that involve words with a romantic connotation, and you’ll show her what you’re really feeling - in between the lines.
2. Don’t Be Afraid to Get Cheesy
Let’s be honest - we’re talking about chemistry pick up lines here, and a little bit of cheesiness is pretty much unavoidable. Embrace it. Don’t make it seem like you’re trying too hard, and make your lines as nerdy and as quirky as possible.
3. Make Sure You Actually Understand What You’re Saying
Don’t make the mistake of mentioning chemistry topics that you don’t really understand. Make sure that you fully understand the concepts at play. Otherwise, your crush might catch you out, and that’ll be a little embarrassing.
Downloadable and Printable List of Chemistry Pick Up Lines
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of chemistry pick up lines (right click the image and select Save Image As...):
More Awesome Conversation Starters
Talking about chemistry might be a great way to break the ice, but it’s not the only way you can spark up a conversation. There are a number of other options you might want to try out.
- If you’re more of a biology person, then you might want to stick with these biology pick up lines. These ones are sure to get a reaction.
- If you’re intent on showing off your inner nerd but you’d rather talk about magic instead of science, then stick with these Harry Potter pick up lines.
- If you love the cringe, then it’s time to fully commit. Choose one of these cringy pick up lines, and watch the glorious awkwardness that unfolds.
Now that you’re equipped with all kinds of amazing chemistry pick up lines, it’s time to take them out to the real world and try them out.
You can use these pick up lines during chemistry class, in the school hallways, or at your workplace.
Sure, these science pick up lines are a little situational. After all, you should probably use these lines on people who actually understand science - at least to some degree.
On the other hand, these lines are so ridiculous and funny that you’ll definitely receive some giggles, even if you have no idea how to make a girl laugh.
At the end of the day, these chemistry pick up lines are fun, unique, and interesting. And that’s really all you need to get your crush’s attention.