Robin Sutherns | Sep 4, 2020 | 0
91 Best Fun Things To Do Online – Perfect activities to pass the time.
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
If you’re reading this, then you’re probably looking for some fun things to do online. Well, you’ve come to the right place because we definitely get you. We’ve all been there: you have plenty of time but you’ve got nothing to do. Sounds like a problem, but hey, that’s a really good problem to have.
We’ve gathered all the great things to do online and put them on this list so that your good problem will be solved at once. This list is packed with all kinds of stuff, and you’ll definitely find one that’s perfect to pass your time in no time. Sounds good, yeah?
15 Best Fun Things to Do Online
The best fun things to do online are those that not only excite you but those that will also make the time you spend doing it worth your while. These are the cream of the crop when it comes to online activities. Get yourself ready for some good times.
Here are 15 best fun things to do online:
1. Recreate an old family photo and share it with your friends and family on social media
What’s more worthwhile than doing something that your family will love?
2. Watch trending Youtube videos
Keep yourself updated with the latest trends.
3. Create your own meme
You might just discover a new talent.
4. Listen to current and classic radio programs
Time to hit the radio waves.
5. Watch free classic movies on Youtube
You might be surprised to find some of the classics in YouTube, some even come in HD.
6. Create a dubbed video of your favorite lines of a movie scene.
To share or not to share, that is the question.
7. Have a tour with Google Earth.
And you can go anywhere you want, at no cost. Ain’t that a treat.
8. Rank things.
You can even start this with this list.
9. Translate popular songs to your native language using Google translate.
Have fun making the words go with the tune.
10. Travel down a Wikipedia rabbit hole or two.
Fair warning: this can take you a whole day.
11. Turn yourself into a manga character.
Fulfill one of your greatest childhood dreams!
12. Dance to the latest dance craze and share it online.
Are you this bold?
13. Learn which celebrity you look like.
And then ask your friends if they agree.
14. Create a photo book.
Oh, nothing beats reminiscing the old times, huh?
15. Try virtual speed dating.
If you’re up for it, you might just find someone special here.
What are some great things to do online when bored? Well, they are those that can keep you busy for hours and before you know it, you’ve already forgotten that you were bored, to begin with. Choose among these things to do when bored and never be bored again, ever.
Here are 9 fun things to do online when bored:
16. Browse your Facebook memories and relieve some hilarious things you posted.
Can you actually believe you posted that thing 5 years ago?
17. Read comics or manga online.
Remember to give your eyes time to rest in between chapters.
18. Watch Korean dramas for free.
Be ready with a snack and a pack of tissues, these K-Dramas can be tear-jerkers.
19. Google yourself.
And brace yourself for what you may see.
20. Read funny Amazon product reviews.
You’ll literally LOL.
21. Chat with Cleverbot.
This one’s for the really, really, really bored.
22. Binge-watch Netflix series.
Go to the Top 10 list for some great finds.
23. Pop virtual bubble wrap.
This may not be as satisfying as popping an actual bubble wrap, but this does help with boredom.
24. Explore Reddit and 9Gag.
They both have phone applications you can download and enjoy from anywhere, so long as you have internet access.
So, you’re not bored but you want to do some fun and cool things online? Thanks to the internet and technology, you can now do a lot of things with just a click of a button or a touch of the screen. Browse through these cool things to do online and be amazed.
Here are 14 fun and cool things to do online:
25. Visit art museums around the world.
Yup, you can do this without getting on a plane and without paying a fee.
26. Discover different life hacks.
There are thousands of these online, but beware because just like news, there are fake life hacks too.
27. Watch Earth from the International Space Station.
Be prepared for what may be the most majestic online view ever.
28. Watch free documentaries.
It’s always cool when you have fun and you learn at the same time.
29. Try to survive this fun, funny, interactive Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy game.
Fair warning: it’s not easy. But yeah, it’s cool and fun.
30. Take a quiz to find out your true Myers-Briggs personality type.
Just so you’ll know what to answer when someone asks.
31. Learn killer magic tricks at GoodTricks.
32. Learn to read body language and detect lies at Blifaloo.
Be ready, you’re about to discover a new cool site.
33. Make some sick beats at Patatap.
Thank us later.
34. Create your own game using Scratch without building your own code.
Ask your friend to play it. You might just unlock a new skill!
35. Have a Zoom party.
Who says you cannot have a party online?
36. Have a karaoke night with KaraFun.
Karaoke night has never been this cool.
37. Visit Georgia Aquarium from the comfort of your home.
Sit back, relax, and take the tour.
38. Decorate your own desktop with ‘Socwall’.
With hundreds of wallpapers here, you can actually change yours multiple times a day.
Did you know that you can have fun and be productive at the same time? Well, if this sounds good to you, then you’re more likely to find something that will suit you from this list of productive things to do online. Make the most of your online time with these productive things to do.
Here are 11 fun productive things to do online:
39. Barter things online.
You’ll be amazed to see that there are thousands who still do barter during this day and age.
40. Start a blog.
Talk about productive! You can monetize your blog after some time.
41. Create Youtube content.
This can also be a source of passive income.
42. Earn money by answering questions on Study.com.
What can be more productive than earning money?
43. Learn new skills from online courses and free tutorials.
All for the love of learning, eh?
44. Learn how to transcribe videos as well as putting captions.
Video transcription and subtitling are two of the most profitable skills nowadays.
45. Take surveys.
Because yes, your opinion matters.
46. Read news for the latest events.
Yes, reading counts as productive as long as you don’t doze off.
47. Do a photo restoration.
There are a lot of video tutorials on how you can do this by yourself in YouTube.
48. Change your look online.
Are you not brave enough to dye your hair pink just yet? Well, good news. You can do this on the internet first. Baby steps, baby steps.
49. Share local news.
Again, beware of sharing fake news.
Some things are just better when you do them with friends. Pick one of these fun things to do with friends when you want to have a good time with your best buddies. This list is filled with the best things to do with friends that will definitely change the way you bond with your friends online.
Here are 11 fun things to do with friends online:
50. Make an online book club.
Just how cool can this be?
51. Invite your friends to an online game of Cards Against Humanity.
Yes, this funny game can be played online.
52. Draw together using iScribble.
Channel your inner illustrator together with your friends.
53. Gather a team of detectives and solve a mystery with a digital version of Clue.
What’s more fun than being detectives for a day?
54. Scroll through Instagram memes with friends by using the app’s new Co-Watching feature
Talk about innovation!
55. Race your friends in Mario Kart Tour.
Just like an arcade but better.
56. Give each other “words of the day” every morning through messenger
Fun and inspiring…way to go!
57. Invite a group of card-game enthusiasts to play a round of UNO!
Nothing’s better than playing the classic with your classics.
58. Host a trivia night over a video call
Come out more intelligent than ever.
59. Challenge your fellow wordsmiths to a game of Words With Friends
Keep the competition healthy, please.
60. Shop together online
They say shopping’s therapeutic, so go and splurge.
The wonder of having the internet at our disposal is that staying at home isn’t as boring as it was before. These fun things to do at home will breathe new life to your usual home routine. Pick one of these when you want to have fun but you wan to stay indoors as well.
Here are 10 fun things to do online at home:
61. Watch virtual cooking lessons from famous chefs
Food and fun really go together, do you agree?
62. Keep your mind sharp with some viral brain teasers
Ah, some exercise for the brain.
63. Take a look at museums offering moments of zen to help people stay calm
Keep calm and have fun. Sounds about right.
64. Take free virtual guitar classes from Fender
Learn from the best in the comfort of your own home.
65. Find the invisible cow
Put on those eyeglasses!
66. Watch concerts at home from stars like Lizzo, Beyonce, and Jennifer Lopez from TIDAL
Yet another marvelous treat from technology here.
67. Stream the views and sounds of hotels around the world
Get the feels even you’re just in your living room.
68. Let go of worrying thoughts with Pixel Thoughts
Have you ever considered that your worries are temporary and insignificant compare to life itself?
69. Go back in time with The Musical Time Machine
Reminisce and go down the memory lane.
70. See how your favorite websites have evolved over the years
Even Google has evolved a lot. Are you getting old or…?
So, what’s a list of fun things to do online if it doesn’t include a list of fun things to do for your girlfriend? Well, we know, right? Hence, this list.
Pick one of these of you’re up to doing a little something for your special girl in the virtual world. They’re sweet things that your girl will surely appreciate and enjoy. Dig in.
Here are 9 fun things to do online for your girlfriend:
71. Go to the world’s most popular theme parks, including Disney World, online.
Virtual date, anyone?
72. Get painting lessons from Bob Ross and surprise her with your painting
Works of art are always, always thoughtful.
73. Send an e-card!
Old but gold, right?
74. Create a shared photo album
Explore the privacy settings of your album and set it to only the two of you for an exclusive feel.
75. Explore live cams around the world together
An around-the-world tour has never been this cheap.
76. Send a personal cryptoquip
A message only the two of you can understand, what could be better?
77. Serenade her through a voice message
Oh, you hopeless romantic…
78. Do some photo manipulation by replacing faces of vintage photos with hers
Sure, she’ll look good wearing Mona Lisa’s smile.
79. Create an email time capsule using FutureMe.org
You up for saying something to your girlfriend’s future self, huh?
Well, just because you’re online doesn’t mean you cannot find adventurous things to do. Try one of these when you’re wanting some adventures but you just can’t go outside yet. They’re virtual but they’re just as good, if not better. Get that energy high because you’ll need it.
Here are 12 fun adventurous things to do online:
80. Enjoy virtual roller coaster rides
Yes, you can still scream at the top of your lungs.
81. Download NASA’s mobile app for free to take a virtual tour of its facilities
Space adventure, here you go!
82. Learn photography tips from the pros at Nikon Live
Why learn form anyone else when you can learn from the pros themselves?
83. Take free music production classes on the Grammy Museum website
Nothing screams adventure better than Grammy, right?
84. See what you would look like as a Renaissance painting
Do you look good, or do you look GOOD?
85. Track sharks, dolphins and turtles with OCEARCH Tracker
For the ocean creature lover in everyone of us.
86. Paint with flames using Flame Painter
The best thing about this is that you can paint with flame but there’s zero chance of getting burned. Isn’t that a treat?
87. Create your own background noise with A Soft Murmur
If ambient sounds are your thing, you’ll enjoy this one.
88. Watch tornado chasers live
What’s more adventurous than chasing a tornado, huh?
89. Go on a random adventure with Map Crunch
The random street view is superb.
90. Create your own lo-fi hip hop music on Soundscape
Lo-fi music helps your mind focus through sound patterns that put the brain to work. This one’s more of an adventure for your brain.
91. Put your brains to the test by combining elements in Little Alchemy 2
Channel your inner scientist.
Downloadable and Printable List of Fun Things To Do Online
Here is a downloadable and printable list of fun things to do online (right-click the image and select Save Image As…):
More awesome ways to spend your time
If you have already done every single item on this list and you still want more ways to pass the time, we’ve got your back.
- If you’ve got some creative energy that needs to be released, head to our list of creative hobbies. You might just find your new favorite thing.
- When your friends pay you a visit and you cannot think of anything to do, take a look at this list of fun things to do with friends at home. No dull moments, that’s the goal.
- Now, if the dull moment has already come, fret not because we also have a list of things to do when bored with friends here.
There are tons of things to do online, which is why choosing the best ones might prove to be difficult. So how do you really go about picking the best one for you or your friends?
Here’s how to pick the best things to do online
1. Consider your device
Are you on a desktop PC, a laptop, a tablet, or a phone? While all these devices will get you online, the options for each one differs. Some programs and applications are only available for non-mobile devices, while there are those that are really made for handheld ones. When choosing the best thing to do, make sure that it works well with the gadget you have on hand.
2. Decide depending on the mood
Are you stressed? Are you relaxed? Are you tired? your mood will definitely affect the best option for you when it comes to online activities. If you’re stressed and you want to unwind, choose activities that do not require much engagement. If you’re full of energy, choose the adventurous ones.
3. Pay attention to who you’re with
Are you with friends or are you alone? Some activities work best when done alone, while some will prove difficult to do when you don’t have your friends with you. When picking things to do online, it is a wise thing to consider if the activity is good for individuals or for groups.
With the internet at your disposal, it will be almost impossible to run out of fun things to do online. So, choose among the list above and make the most out of your time. Remember, though, that these things to do online will only be as fun as you make them. Go and have fun.