Archer | Jul 12, 2022 | 0
74 Funny Compliments - Make someone's day with humor.
New? Start here.
Some funny compliments can go a long way in helping you connect with someone. Compliments make people feel good. They show that you care. There's no downside to handing them out like candy, so why not add some to your mental arsenal?
This list of funny compliments is the ultimate resource when you just can't think of something to say. Feel free to change them up to fit the person you're complimenting. After all, sometimes it's the little details that can really make a compliment extra special.
25 Best Funny Compliments
These are some of the best funny compliments you'll find anywhere. Making someone feel good about themselves while also making them laugh is an incredible feeling for both people involved.
These compliments are perfect for texting or for IRL interactions. They're great when you want to say something nice, but you want to keep the mood light and easy. Try not to overuse them. Make them count every time.
Here are 25 of the best funny compliments:
1. It's not easy to be me. Which is why I need you.
This one is silly, but it's also genuine and sweet.
2. I would love to spend every minute of every day with you, but some days I actually have to get stuff done.
Time management can be tough when you really care about someone.
3. I think the hardest part about being your friend is pretending as though I like my other friends as much as I like you.
Just don't say this one within earshot of your other friends!
4. I don't have a favorite color, It's pretty much whatever you are wearing.
Let her know that how much the little things matter to you.
5. If you knew how much I think about you, I would be very embarrassed.
Use this one on that special person who's always on your mind.
6. I can't take my eyes off of you. Unless you notice me, then I'll quickly look away and act like it never happened.
This one's just cute.
7. You might be the primary reason for global warming.
This is just a more poetic way of saying she's hot.
8. If there is one thing I like about you, its that I like more than one thing about you.
Make sure you have a list of things you like about them ready to go.
9. Talking to you is the best part of my day, aside from when I'm sleeping and when I'm eating.
10. You are awkward, in a cute way. Like an elevator ride, but with puppies.
Everyone loves puppies.
11. It's too bad you don't see what I see, if you did you'd smile and keep looking.
12. Just like an untrained puppy. I'd really like to take you out.
Again, you can't go wrong with puppies.
13. You know what's awesome? Chocolate cake, oh and your face.
Being compared to chocolate cake is one of the highest compliments a person can receive.
14. Our time together is like a nap, it just doesn't last long enough.
And you're always left wanting more.
15. You are just so weird sometimes. It's great.
Use this one when you're being weirdos together.
16. You could never be ice cream. Because you're so hot. And a person.
This one is best for complimenting humans, not ice creams.
17. Aside from food, you're my favorite.
This compliment may not work out well for cannibals.
18. I pretty much only feel comfortable when I'm around you. You're like the sweatpants of my life.
Who knew comparing someone to sweatpants could be so sweet?
19. I look at you the same way we all look at giraffes. Which is basically like, "I bet you were just born awesome."
Feel free to substitute your favorite awesome animal.
20. Thank you for not thinking I'm weird. I mean, we both know I'm weird, but you accept it, and that makes me happy.
Use this one on that person who just gets you.
21. You're so cute, I want to throw a rainbow.
You could also substitute "throw" for "barf" if you want to be extra poetic.
22. The only thing better than being friends with you is being friends with a talking dolphin.
This one always works (unless you're Doctor Dolittle).
23. I'm always amazed by the things you don't find embarrassing about me.
A little self-depreciating humor never hurts!
24. You may not be perfect but your weirdness matches mine and that's close enough.
Life would be boring if everyone was perfect, right?
25. I could lay next to you forever. Or until we decide to go eat.
There's always delivery...
25 Funny Compliments for Girls
These compliments are hilarious, but don't underestimate their power! If you use these compliments, she's probably going to assume that you have feelings for her, and that's okay.
Here are 25 of the best funny compliments for girls:
26. When I first saw you, I fell in love. Well, not love love, but you smelled nice.
This one is great for when you're in the early stages of a relationship, and you think she's the one, and you want to hint at the L word without saying it just yet.
27. You're the only person I trust with my passwords. I'm not going to give them to you, but if you happened to find them out, I probably wouldn't change them.
Now that's modern romance.
28. You're so sexy, children 17 and under aren't even allowed to look at you, without parental supervision.
You can also use this one on people who are really into swearing and violence.
29. I don't want to say that I have separation anxiety when you're gone, but I'd be a lot happier if you just never left.
This one's great for that person who's attached at the hip.
30. So you think you look ugly today. Well, guess what? You don't look ugly to a blind person. Or to me. And I have spectacular vision.
This is a cute pick-me-up that lets you tell her she's beautiful while making her laugh.
31. I don't know why, but when you do embarrassing things, I find it strangely attractive.
Sometimes it's the weird quirks that make someone endearing.
32. I accomplished nothing today. Not a single productive thing. But I thought of you, so, yeah, today was good.
Sometimes that's all you need.
33. In my eyes, your imperfections are flawless. In other words, you're perfectly imperfect. And that's just... perfect.
Just don't mention any specific imperfections!
34. You know what I'm thankful for? Having met you. And Nutella.
You may also want to throw pizza in the mix. You don't want to hurt pizza's feelings.
35. You're cooler than a childhood secret handshake.
Bonus points if you make up a secret handshake after.
36. You look like what John Legend sounds like.
Feel free to substitute your favorite artist.
37. You always seem to remember the strangest little things about me. And I kind of love it.
Use this one for that person who notices the small things.
38. You make me do things I don't like to do. Like fall in love with you when I'm not ready to.
Sometimes happy accidents happen.
39. The first time we met, I was like, "Well, this person seems cool." And now I'm like, "I literally think you can read my mind."
This one's great when your relationship is evolving to the next level.
40. You may not be really, really ridiculously good-looking but you're pretty damn close.
You're like Hansel – so hot right now. Hansel.
41. I like you more than a Star Wars geek lies to talk about how much they dislike the prequel trilogy.
That might be pure love right there.
42. You give me feelings that I'm not really sure what to do with, but I sort of like it.
At least you can channel them into this silly compliment.
43. You're so fun and cute, I bet you sweat glitter.
Use this one on someone who radiates pure magic.
44. You're like math. A little difficult at times, but worth getting to know.
I know my calculus. It says U+ME=US.
45. From now on, all my birthday wishes will be about you.
Just make sure you clear it with the birthday wish-granting fairies.
46. I would give up everything for a chance to talk to you about nothing.
Clever and sweet, what more do you need?
47. I just want to hang out with you and do stupid things together.
This one is direct and to the point.
48. You deserve to be kissed by Zac Effron.
Or substitute the hunk of your choice.
49. Unlike Justin Beiber, I would let you go. I mean I like you and all, but there's this thing called "personal space." and I respect yours.
Let her know that you understand personal boundaries.
50. You have the voice of an angel doing an impression of Josh Groban. And it is flawless.
This one works especially well at karaoke.
24 Funny Compliments For Men
These compliments for guys are perfect when you want to make your guy friends feel good. Whether you want to show your bromance some love or give your little brother a boost before school, these fun compliments get the job done right.
Making others feel good makes you feel good. If you're ever feeling down, deliver one of these compliments to a friend. You may be surprised by how their smile makes you smile too.
Here are 24 of the best funny compliments for men:
51. Sometimes I feel like you're the only person who I can have a serious debate with about a fictional scenario that is ridiculously stupid.
This one's perfect for that friend who really gets you.
52. You are seriously the weirdest person I've ever met. We have to go play, like, right now.
Weirdness isn't a bad thing, especially when you find someone on your level.
53. I like having you around because my weirdness doesn't look so weird when you're doing it too.
There's power in numbers. If everyone was weird, would they even be weird at all?
54. You have a unique set of skills that can somehow turn any situation into an awkward one.
Sometimes those awkward moments lead to hilarious memories.
55. I honestly think you can do anything you put your mind to. But I know what kind of thoughts you have, so maybe hold off on that for now.
This is a motivational compliment that lets you bust his chops a little too.
56. You're the fanny pack of life. You're cool, but in your own way.
Much like your friendship, the fanny pack will never go out of style.
57. You're not clumsy. You just happen to be really friendly with the floor and the walls.
Use this on that friend who can't seem to figure out how gravity works.
58. You're cool because you don't judge me when I get excited about something lame.
Hey, it's not lame if you love it, right? Own it.
59. When it comes to getting work done, I know I can count on you to not let me finish it.
Procrastination brings people together.
60. In terms of Nintendo 64 games, I would definitely consider you to be the Mario Kart of the group.
Nothing beats Mario Kart. That's some seriously high praise.
61. We all have those days where it's like, "Yeah, I'm not getting done today." And on those days, I know I can trust you to join me in accomplishing nothing.
This one's great for those lazy days doing nothing and loving it.
62. Sometimes when I have a really, really good idea, I like to run it by you to make sure it's not super stupid. Which is often the right thing to do.
Sometimes we need friends to give a second opinion.
63. Your humor is like a dog whistle. It mostly goes undetected, but those that get it, really get it.
Sometimes the funniest people are subtle in their approach. Let him know you get it.
64. Sometimes, life sucks. But then I talk to you. And you agree. And that's why you're a good friend.
Bad times can lead to great friends, so were they really all that bad?
65. If you were a dog, you'd be the pack leader. Or like the laziest dog in the world. Sometimes I just can't tell with you.
Or maybe somewhere in-between? Hey, at least you're a dog, right?
66. In a world of ladybugs you are a tiger. Yeah, you're that much better than everyone else.
That's some high praise. Just don't say this compliment to any ladybug friends – they hate this one.
67. I hope you never forget how to read. Because that would suck.
You can also wish them luck retaining other skills like walking and speaking.
68. I don't really like people but you're cool.
If you found that diamond in the rough, let them know they're appreciated.
69. I really like that you understand my sarcasm because it's an advanced form and not everyone gets it.
Yeah, your sarcasm is just sooooo great.
70. When you say, "I meant to do that," I totally believe you.
This one's great for that clumsy friend.
71. You could survive a zombie apocalypse.
And, coincidentally, I will be depending on you to help me survive the zombie apocalypse.
72. I bet you do crossword puzzles in ink.
Now that's confidence.
73. If someone based an Internet meme on you, it would have impeccable grammar.
This one's great for that genius friend of yours.
74. I don't know if sarcasm is a skill, but you've certainly mastered it.
It's certainly an art form.
How to Give Funny Compliments
How you use humorous compliments is as important as the compliments you use. Follow these tips to make every compliment a win.
Here are the 5 steps to giving a humorous compliment:
1) Don't Overdo It
If you're constantly complimenting someone, those words are going to lose their power. Think about the boy who cried wolf. While there's nothing wrong with being a guy who gives out a lot of compliments, it's important that your words are meaningful if you really want to make an impact on someone's day.
2) Choose Wisely
Try to select compliments that are going to really mean something to the person receiving them. For example, if they're feeling down because they think look ugly, you could use a compliment about her being beautiful. Choose the right compliment for the individual person/situation for the best results.
3) Be Random
At the same time, you don't always need a reason to give a compliment. Sometimes the best compliments are the ones that come out of nowhere.
4) Diversify Your Compliments
If you give one person a compliment, don't use the same one with someone else. People like to know that you thought about them specifically, and if they find out you're saying the same thing to other people, your compliments are going to lose their meaning.
5) Be Confident
Complimenting someone can actually be a little scary. Try not to let your nerves get the best of you. You're doing something kind, so own it. Plus, the more you do it, the easier it gets.
More List of Compliments
These hilarious compliments are great and all, but sometimes you need to have some more serious compliments on deck too. We've got you covered.
- These sweet things to say to a girl can help you turn a friendship into a romance.
- Wondering what to say to a girl? Check out this handy guide.
- Learning how to compliment a girl is the key to getting a girlfriend.
Use these funny compliments for inspiration. The best compliments come from the heart, so don't be afraid to change them to fit specific individuals. That way people know that you're being genuine, and not just trying to butter them up with sweet nothings.
When it comes down to it, you don't need to overthink compliments. Just bust them out when it feels right. Read this list a few times, and memorize or write down your favorites. Save them on your phone so you have them handy when the time is right.
Giving compliments is a simple yet incredibly effective to bring some positivity to someone's day, so be on the lookout for opportunities. Just because these compliments are funny doesn't mean they can't have a very real, meaningful impact on someone.
Try to find people who seem like they could really use a boost, and bless them with funny compliments. It's 100% free, and it can work wonders. Never doubt the power of words.