MNTL Team | Mar 12, 2019 | 0
61 Sweet Things To Say To A Girl – Spark great conversations.
Coming up with sweet things to say to a girl can be tough for some of us guys because society has not always been supportive of men verbalizing their emotions. Only recently has there been a huge push toward communication that reflects what’s really in our hearts.
We’ve compiled an extensive list of sweet things to say to her to suit any situation.
Whether you’re in a long term relationship already or you’re considering how to get a girlfriend, getting yourself comfortable with all the ways there are to say you love her is a sign of maturity and personal excellence. You’ll want to know how to talk to girls to bridge the chasm between the sexes that becomes less and less significant with each passing year.
Check out our list of the best sweet things to say to a girl down below:
I recommend reading through all of these 61 sweet things to find your absolute favorites… but if you’re looking for something specific, you can click the links below to jump to that section:
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
Knowing what to say to a girl can seem daunting at first, especially if you’ve spent most of your time with your guy friends or you didn’t grow up with sisters.
While it’s true that on the surface, girls have a different style of communication, we’re all human. There are curiosity and longing on both sides. It’s time to step up the authenticity of your relationships.
If you’ve ever wondered what to say to a girl, this list is for you.
Here are 11 of the best things to say to a girl:
1. I remember the minute I first laid eyes on you.
We always remember the first time meeting people who have influenced us the most because we feel the shift energy with a sense beyond our five physical ones.
2. You have this way about you that makes everything all better.
You’re saying that her presence alone is healing and uplifting. To be recognized just for simply being is one of the most affirming things imaginable.
3. How did I get so lucky to find you?
Sometimes you can’t believe that you’re right there with her.
4. I hope your day was as spectacular as you are.
This is a well wish with just a little bit extra.
5. Things are no fun if you aren’t included.
Sweet things to say to a girl can include making it clear that any experience you have is heightened by her presence. In other words, you miss her. Always.
6. There are times when you literally just take my breath away.
That breathless feeling where joy and adoration make you gasp is one of the best parts of being in love.
7. There isn’t anyone else I would rather be with.
You are placing her at the top of your hierarchy of people you spend time with.
8. All I want to do is be the best man in the world for you.
You want to find yourself in a relationship with a woman that helps you be a better version of yourself and sharing that your conscious of it is incredibly rewarding to another.
9. There is no one else in the world who gets me like you do.
You are reveling in a deeper connection with her than you usually experience and you are expressing gratitude for her empathy and attention.
10. Your small imperfections make you perfect.
Like us, most women start out with that voice of insecurity in their head that worries whether people around her are judging her. It is a relief to be told that the very things that gave her anxiety are seen by someone else as beautiful.
11. You complete me in a unique and wonderful way.
You’re saying that your aspirations for growth and exploration lie outside of the typical square. You’re expressing openness to spontaneity when you acknowledge the ways she’s unexpectedly influenced you.
We all wear our masks when we’re out and about. It’s time to take them off. You’ll want to know how to start a conversation with a girl that inspires both of you to feel more for the other with each passing moment. You’ll want to know how to sustain it too. Real connection takes courage.
Here are our 13 things to say to spark a conversation:
12. What can a guy do to always make you feel loved and wanted by him?
This question is powerful. You are asking what she wants and needs from you to feel loved. Be aware that if she struggles with self-esteem, this is one is a hard one to answer authentically. Sometimes we’re afraid to ask for what we really need because we’re used to being disappointed or we don’t think we really deserve it.
13. Did you do something different with your hair or clothes? Well, whatever it is, it worked. You look great!
A girl loves when a guy notices her nuances and thinks to comment on them. It lets her know that he’s present with her.
14. I think you’re perfect but if there’s one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be and why?
This question offers a window into her insecurities or something she’s had past trauma around. You have a chance to become more familiar with what triggers her. Awareness of each other’s wounds is an important part of a strong relationship.
15. Do you like it when a guy you like addresses you with a pet name? If you like it, then do you mind if I give you your very own nickname?
Some women love being called by a cute nickname, others hate it. Asking first shows consideration. If she’s into it, pet names are a great way to grow intimacy.
16. What’s one thing you’ve done, but will never end up doing again?
Find out about how she handles feelings of regret. Discover her reflections on how she has changed. Learn what she values. You’ll also gain insight into how strong she is in the capacity to learn from her mistakes.
17. What’s your most bizarre or weirdest deal breaker?
We all have deal breakers. Some of us have many. Some of us have few. Some deal breakers are universal truths. Others reflect traumatic responses and insecurities. Others seem irrelevant and petty but must be respected just the same. It’s best to get these out of the way early so they don’t come as a shock down the line.
18. Who do you think knows you the best?
You’ll gain insights into the quality of her family relationships and her friendships.
19. What’s the nicest thing someone could genuinely say about you?
You’ll gain insight into the qualities she values and the areas where she emphasizes her growth.
20. What is your ideal dream date?
What experience with you would knock her socks off, so you can plan it? You’ll learn about the physical experiences she values.
21. Which do you like more, going out or staying at home?
This is a big one to ask at the beginning of a relationship to gauge future compatibility. Compatibility around how a couple spends their leisure time together is the foundation of a relationship. If one partner feels pressure to go out or stay in when they don’t want to, that can lead to dissatisfaction later on.
22. What in life are you the most grateful for?
This is a huge indicator of her values and her ability to recognize the positivity in her life. Is she a glass half empty or a glass half full kind of person? (And in turn, which one are you?) A woman whose gratitude list is infinite is an emotionally healthy person.
23. What’s your ultimate goal in life?
Compatibility of goals is an integral discussion point in every relationship. Discussing them will encourage you to become aware of your own goals and your level of flexibility around short and long term personal goals.
24. If you could go back in time, what would you want to change?
Does her answer concern only an event in her own life or does she hop into her time machine to bound across history to observe or influence lives beyond her own? You’ll learn how wide or narrow the scope of her thought process is.
Maybe you’ve just started dating a girl that you’re really into and you dream of calling her your girlfriend allowing a real relationship to unfold. We’ve put together a list of things to say to a girl you like so that you can really make the best of your newfound attraction.
Here are 6 more sweet things to say to the girl you like:
25. I love your sense of humor and it adds life to everyone around you.
Laughter is indeed the most powerful vehicle of love and connection.
26. I appreciate the way you care for people and value friends.
The healthiest kind of relationship is one where both partners are inspired rather than jealous when observing their partners show love, devotion, commitment and adoration toward others in their life.
27. Maybe I don’t understand love completely, but when I look at you, I feel how beautiful it is.
There comes a point where there really aren’t any words that can contain the full vibration of love itself and two partners operate on intuitive connection alone. Love between two souls ceases to be containable by the mental mind.
28. I was searching for something that would give some meaning to my life, and I found you.
You differentiate between the shallow, material aspects of life shown to us in the media and wish for something more. The stuff of life that the economy can’t be driven on.
29. You’re amazing in so many ways I can’t even imagine.
You are saying that you know you have only seen the tip of the iceberg of her excellence and you’re excited to understand more with time.
30. I feel such amazing chemistry when I’m with you.
You’re letting her know that that sixth sense is awake in her presence and you’re feeling things with your heart and intuition and your body when you are with her. Chemistry refers to a pheromone response. It is primal and powerful.
Texting is an integral part of courtship these days. It can be very stream-of-consciousness. It allows us to keep our loved ones in our daily life experiences and get to know someone’s reactions to the daily mundane. Sweet things to say to a girl over text can also really encourage her throughout the day and keep your flame alive.
You’ll want to know how to text a girl to keep both of you interested, engaged, and moving forward in your relationship. You’ll also want to know how to start a text conversation with a girl in the early phases of dating.
Here are 5 things to say to her over text:
31. On a beautiful day like this, the only thing that could improve it is having you by my side.
You’re feeling positive about lots of things in life.
32. My life has never been the same since I met you.
She has the power to heighten your experiences and you are acknowledging your heightened state.
33. You make my heart race without doing a thing.
Remind her that she doesn’t have to lift a finger to amaze you.
34. Every time you smile it warms my heart.
35. You brighten my day with the sound of your voice, so call me ASAP- I want to hear it.
We love hearing the voices our loves. Whether bound by the roughness of sleep or singing to the strumming of a guitar. Take it beyond texting.
We’ve got you covered with a handy go-to list of interesting things to talk about with a girl so you can get to know her as well as you know yourself.
Here are 15 things to talk about with a girl:
36. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Saturday nights are symbolic of perfected personal time and cutting loose from responsibilities.
37. Name two things you consider yourself to be really bad at.
You’ll learn where she feels humble. Notice whether she mentions an ability like “basketball,” or a character trait like “being patient.”
38. Do you like romantic movies? Which are your favorite ones?
Romantic movies were created to reflect the human longing for intimacy and love. If romantic movies resonate with her, chances are she likes to express her love in a similar way.
39. Do You Have A Lucky Number?
How much do synchronicities influence her life? Is she superstitious? Does she see angel numbers like 222, 333, and 555 everywhere she goes?
40. How would you define self-confidence?
This question is huge. It reveals the trajectory of her goals for personal growth and how far along she is in it.
41. Who are your top three lady heroes?
You’ll gain insight into how she receives the influence of role models and what kinds stand out to her.
42. Do you have any old friends who you wish you could meet up with again?
You’ll learn how she has changed that caused her to lose contact with them and the parts of herself that she wants to regain.
43. What was your favorite childhood toy?
If it is a sentimental memory of hers, she might love if you bought it for her again to show how you honor the child she once was.
44. What was the best gift you’ve ever given to someone?
You’ll learn her language for reflecting her appreciation for another through gifts.
45. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grow up? And do you still want it?
How much or how little has her life trajectory changed since she was young? Has she “started over” along the way? How has she dealt with potential setbacks and how has she grown through the challenges?
46. What game was your favorite while growing up?
Was it a game like hide and seek? An organized sport like basketball? A video game? Monopoly? Sudoku? Wheel of Fortune? You’ll find out a lot about her lifestyle preferences in this one simple question.
47. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Does she choose the ocean or the mountains? The city or the country? Somewhere warm or cold? A specific place that supports a specific lifestyle?
48. What have you learned from your past relationship?
This is another power question. Does she blame the other person or does she reflect on her own mistakes? Does she consider it a successful relationship even though it ended? You’ll learn everything about her self-awareness, her confidence and how she’ll handle herself when the honeymoon period is over in your relationship and it’s time to do the real work to keep the relationship alive and healthy.
49. What is the most important thing that guys should understand about girls?
You’ll get an idea of whether her past experiences have left her hurt, optimistic or a little of both.
50. What’s your favorite photograph of yourself?
You’ll learn a little bit about her securities and her insecurities by how she chooses to present herself in photos.
Everyone gets nervous on the first date. Awkward silences are uncomfortable for everyone and it really shows initiative to be well prepared with things to talk about on a first date so that they don’t happen.
Here are 6 things to say to her on a first date:
51. Do you like to shop?
You could get an idea of how fashion and style conscious she is.
52. Do you like dancing?
You’ll know what to do together for the second date if you do.
53. How do you deal with stress?
Discussing the universal nature of stress seems to effectively lower stress.
54. What’s the first thing you notice about guys?
What are her dating and relationship values?
55. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
This could clue you in on how positively or negatively she deals with challenges and setbacks.
56. Give the names of 3 things you love most and why?
This is the easiest way to figure out her values. You can gauge her depth by whether she lists material things, people in her life, or intangibles like “freedom.”
Parties are great opportunities to communicate your attraction to girls by flirting. You’re going to want to know how to talk to girls at parties.
Here are 5 questions to connect with:
57. “You know, I think I’d rather dance with you.”
This is a sweet thing to say to her to let her know that you’ve chosen her above others.
58. Your dance moves are quite amazing.
Complimenting a girl who knows she’s got it on the dance floor is a great way to let her know you’re noticing her body and her confidence.
59. Your perfume smells amazing, what is it?
Women wear perfume intentionally to attract men and noting it is a direct way of saying you’re into her.
60. You look lovely this evening, although I have to imagine you do every evening.
You’re telling her you’re imagining what she’s like beyond just tonight.
61. Would you like to dance? I promise I won’t embarrass you too much.
A humble invitation can make her smile.
More Ways On How To Talk To Girls
When we say how to talk to girls, we mean communicating at all the levels required to cultivate a high-quality relationship with her while gaining a world of self-awareness at the same time. Be sure to check out some additional tips to enhance your ease around women:
- The art of flirting is a rite of passage for every man: Make sure you know how to flirt with a girl to open up hidden lines of connection.
- For shy guys, approaching a girl can seem really stressful when it doesn’t have to be: Check out our secrets for how to approach a girl with confidence.
- Paving a path into a girl’s heart means letting her know all the great things you see in her: Be sure you know how to compliment a girl with sincerity and authenticity to really get her attention.
- The sweet things you say have to match the amount of time you have known her. (e.g. Don’t tell her you love her on the first date.)
- Recognizing her character and things that she has chosen holds more value than complimenting things out of her control like her height or eye color.
- When you ask thought-provoking questions to keep the conversation going, make sure you are also showing a comparable amount of vulnerability that you are asking of her in your answers.
Sweet things to say to a girl are the way to take a first spark to your first date to a full-fledged relationship.
Sweetness can be simple and raw. It can also invite depth, insight, and vulnerability.
Sweet things to say to her are signs of your open heart. They are an invitation that lets her know that her heart is safe with you.