Robin Sutherns | Sep 4, 2020 | 0
How To Talk To Girls At Parties (5 Simple Steps!) – Start a conversation!
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
Every guy needs to know how to talk to girls at parties. Parties are powerful catalysts for creating connections.
How to talk to girls can be intimidating. Lots of people experience some anxiety when attending a party alone. Luckily, mingling is not a big deal when you know how to approach a girl and keep a conversation going.
Parties are great places for how to get a girlfriend because higher numbers increase chances.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to talk to girls at parties:
I recommend reading through all of these 5 steps to find your absolute favorites… but if you’re looking for something specific, you can click the links below to jump to that section:
We go to parties to cut loose and be inspired. The ambiance is alluring.
We all want to make new friends, create memories, and maybe much more.
Here are 5 powerful steps to get you started on how to talk to girls at parties:
1. Approach A Girl At A Party
How to approach a girl at a party depends on the situation. You can use each one to your advantage.
Here are some situations to consider:
Situation 1: How To Approach A Girl When She’s With A Group Of Friends
Don’t be intimidated by the numbers! Approaching a girl who is with her friends is a golden opportunity to present yourself in a positive light to her friend group.
Greet each of her friends warmly. Then go for the girl you’re interested in getting to know better.
If her girlfriends approve of you, they will make way. They are going to be your best advocates. Remember that her friends want her to find a quality man.
You just need to drift over and say something like:
“Hey there. I couldn’t help overhearing that you thought (event x) was great. I couldn’t agree more! What did you think of (y)?”
Situation 2: How To Approach A Girl When She’s With One Friend
Make a great impression on her friend, and make sure her friend also feels included in the conversation. This is an important social grace. You want her friend to rave about what a gentleman you were.
It’s important to convey which girl you have chosen, without offending the other. Double up on the eye contact. Angle your body more toward her. You can cut to the chase by saying:
“I’ve got to get going, but I’d love to continue this conversation sometime.”
Then, hand both girls your business card (every man should carry some). Smile at both girls, but make pointed, longer eye contact with your chosen one.
Situation 3: How To Approach A Girl When She’s Alone
Maybe she just arrived. Maybe she’s waiting for her friends. Maybe she’s confidently scoping out the scene before she makes her move. This is your golden opportunity.
Learning how to talk to girls at parties means giving her a radiant smile and a nod from across the way.
We’ve all experienced fascination that we can’t reason. If she returns your smile, just go over there and say:
“I couldn’t help but coming over to say hello. You’ve got a great energy about you.”
2. Start A Conversation With Her
How to start a conversation with a girl can be as easy as saying you were simply drawn to her and there is nothing wrong with that. Expressing that is admirably honest.
Here are ways to just dive right in:
- There’s something about you that drew me over. I hope you don’t mind me saying that.
- When I got here and scanned the room, my eyes stopped on you.
You’ve established that you see something special in her. Then you can proceed in the normal ways: Ask her where she’s from, how she knows the host, and what she’s into.
3. Know What To Say To A Girl At Parties
Knowing what to say to a girl at parties is the difference between exhausting small talk and a transformative experience.
The right things to talk about with a girl allow you to open up to each other.
Keep in mind that despite the free-spirited nature of parties, for a lot of women, their defenses are up. She may have her friends checking in on her and be doing the same for them.
Honor her need to feel safe. Focus on getting to know her mentally and emotionally to reassure her that you’re not just looking for a shag.
Here are some topic ideas:
- What was the best thing that has happened to you this year, and why?: This is an easy, non-threatening topic that conveys positivity.
- What is something that everyone else thinks is true, but you know is not? Why?: You’ll figure out where she stands on the spectrum between basic and woke.
4. Keep The Conversation Going With Her
If she is giving you social signals that say she’s into you, you’ll want to know how to keep a conversation going with a girl.
Dive deeper. Show that you’re willing to share openly without making the conversation all about you.
Here are some tips on how to talk to girls at parties:
Tip 1: Use Conversation Topics
Maintain an arsenal of conversation topics at the ready. Make sure they’re neutral. Don’t be the guy that starts an ego war.
Keeping the conversation going can be as simple as asking:
- So what do you think about (x)?: Answers that require more than a yes or no are key.
- Are you as excited as I am about (y)?: You may establish a common interest.
Tip 2: How To Talk To Girls At Parties : Ask Questions To A Girl To Get To Know Her
Use questions to ask a girl to get to know her and to say you find her fascinating.
Here are some great questions to ask a girl to invite positivity and trust:
- What’s your best childhood memory: Share an innocent, vulnerable part of what shapes you.
- What inspires you?: Talking about what you love leads to smiles and good things.
- What makes you feel better after you’ve had a bad day?: Connecting on what comforts us paves the path to emotional intimacy.
Tip 3: Listen Deeply To A Girl And Articulate What You’ve Learned About Her
Knowing how to talk to girls at parties is about far more than asking questions.
Listen attentively to her answers. Don’t get so stuck on the questions when the most important part is how you hear her answers.
To show the depth of your interest, you’ve got to do more than just nod.
Here’s an example of deep listening and acknowledgment:
Her: I recently left my friends and job behind in California and moved to New York to help my parents get back on their feet.
You: It sounds like you love and cherish your family and would make huge sacrifices for them.
5. Say Sweet Things To Her
There are moments where a couple of sweet whispered nothings is all it takes.
Sweet things to say to a girl are simultaneously flirtatious and tender.
Here are some things to say to a girl you like that are as sweet as candy:
- You dazzle tonight: You can’t take your eyes off of her.
- You are the best thing that’s happened to me tonight: She blows you away.
- I am inspired by your energy: You are moved by her presence.
So you’ve worked the room. You’ve floated. You’ve mingled. You’ve got a taste of who’s just a pretty face, and who is that and so much more. You’ve chosen one special girl in hopes of connecting now and in the future.
When you know how to talk to a girl you like at a party, you’re moving beyond the mingling.
Here are more recommendations on how to level up with a girl you like at parties:
1. Compliment Her
Compliments for girls range from the simple and sweet to the tremendously deep.
Learning how to compliment a girl means recognizing her best qualities.
Here are some great compliments to give a girl you like that show that you’re really keyed into her:
- Your laughter is so full of life. I heard it and it made my stomach flip: You recognize her outward joy and positivity.
- You’re looking beautiful and audacious tonight. You look like nothing can stand in your way: What could have been a cliché compliment alone gains dimension by remarking on her confident glow.
2. Play With Her
There’s no better time to initiate a flirty get-to-know-you-game to keep connection flowing. When she notices that you’re only playing with her, and no one else, she’ll get the message!
Here are some options:
- Would You Rather: Two people switch back and forth asking each other questions with two customizable alternative answers.
- Thumb Wrestle: Yup, sometimes a childhood game that cultivates light physical contact is the way to keep things crackling.
3. Use Body Language Show Her You Like Her
Knowing how to talk to girls at parties means communicating your attraction from infinite directions.
Here are two pointers on body language to carry your attraction as you converse:
- Lean in when you listen to her: Physical closeness conveys your rapture.
- Whisper and laugh softly into her ear: Ears are erogenous zones.
Eventually, the party ends. You’ve exchanged numbers. Knowing how to text a girl is vital to take things to the next level and ensure that you meet again after the party.
Here are yet more steps to draw each other closer:
1. Start a Text Conversation With a Girl
How to start a text conversation with a girl requires awareness of your text timing and frequency. It’s perfectly fine to text her ASAP! That shows you’re into her.
Balance your emotions: Be excited, but don’t get so distracted waiting for her texts that you don’t get on with your life. Over-attachment is a turn-off.
Have some exciting text conversation starters ready. They show your initiative and creativity.
Here are some hints:
- If you could be somewhere else right now, where would it be, and why? Escapism is universally appealing. It reveals what places and activities she values.
- If you could learn something new, what would it be, and why? Learning is lifelong. Find out what she’s curious about.
2. Know What To Text A Girl
Avoid making her strain to keep a boring conversation going. If all you get is “I see,” you’re in trouble. Know what to text a girl.
Here are some tips on how keeping texting fresh:
Tip 1: Ask Questions To A Girl Over Text
The questions to as a girl over text are just as important as the richness of your own answers. Make sure you’re dishing out as openly as she is.
Here are some questions to text a girl:
- Are you a morning person or a night person? What time of day is she the most energetic?
- Fiction, non-fiction, or both? What’s her reading style?
- Favorite movie or book character, and why? This reveals the personality traits she values.
Tip 2: Send A Good morning text For Her
Help her welcome a new day with a good morning text for her.
Here are some texts to let her know she’s the first person you think of:
- You’re the first person I thought of today: This alone is powerful.
- Any dreams worth telling?: You’re curious about her inner mindscape.
- If I was there, I’d serve you breakfast in bed: You’d love to do something sweet for her.
Tip 3: Send A Good night text For Her
Wish her sweet dreams with a good night text for her.
Here are some texts to tell her she lingers in your mind:
- I can’t wait to connect with you again tomorrow: You’re into her.
- You’re as gorgeous as the stars outside my window: You find her beautiful.
- Maybe we’ll meet in our dreams to continue this conversation: Sleep is no reason to part ways.
More Steps On How To Talk To Girls
When you have mastered this guide on how to talk to girls at parties, there are more ways to improve your assets.
Here are 3 key points for improving your confidence around women:
- Flirt with her: When you know how to flirt with a girl, you speak the language of attraction.
- Text her with intention: Timing, frequency, and content are everything for how to text a girl you like.
- Ask her out: When the ball is in your court, you’ll need to know how to ask a girl out.
Knowing how to talk to girls at parties will ensure that you won’t let perfect potentials pass you by.
Approach anxiety at parties is normal. Release the need for pretense. Just tell her you were drawn to approach her!
You’ll mingle the night away. If you’re lucky, you’ll meet a girl that you find really fascinating. Turn up the heat:
Flirt with her. Show her your sweet side and your deep side.
When the festivities have drawn to a close, start a steady texting stream with her until it’s time to meet for your first official date.
You’ve got this! All the tools you need on how to talk to girls at parties, and to revolutionize your presence at the next party you attend.