The world is full of gift ideas for new moms and moms-to-be, but it's a lot harder finding gifts for new dads. That fact makes it doubly hard to find the right gift for a guy who's just now discovering the joys of parenthood.
This is a long-running problem (remember how hard it's always been coming up with gifts for dad in general?), but the great news is there are tons of great gift ideas for the new dads out there. To make life far simpler for you, we've collected all the best gifts for new dads on the market.
So, instead of frantically searching for something in the maternity aisle that the new dad in your life might like, just pick something off these lists and package them up. He'll be sure to love it!
9 Best Gifts For New Dads
Are you confident this guy is going to be the best new dad in the world? Communicate that fact by getting him one or more of the best gifts for new dads out there. Each of these gifts really shows him that you care and you believe he can do this.
Here are the 9 best gifts for new dads:
1. The New Dad's Survival Guide: Man-to-Man Advice for First-Time Fathers
Whether he tells you it or not, this is really what he's looking for right now.
2. Daddy's Doo Doo Diaper Duty Apron Kit
He's going to get a lot of experience with diapers, so he might as well have the right outfit for it.
3. CBTWear Baby Daddy
Get him this for a slightly more genuine and heartfelt response.
4. Big Dot of Happiness Daddy's First Milestones
A gift you can share together.
5. HSD Diaper Bag Backpack for Dad
This is the only backpacking he'll be doing for a while.
6. RUVALINO Large Travel Diaper Tote
This will crucial if he ever wants to go out of the house again.
8. PhoneSoap 3 UV Smartphone Sanitizer & Universal Charger
Phones are disgusting and his baby will putting it in his mouth. Decrease Dad's worries with this!
9. Ergobaby Carrier
Make sure Dad doesn't break his back being a new dad.
10 Birthday Gifts For New Dads
The best birthday gift this guy is going to get is the new child entering his life...but you can ensure your gift is second best! Just get him some of the birthday gifts for dad on this list. These gifts provide the perfect balance for both occasions!
Here are 10 birthday gifts for new dads:
10. Tempur-Pedic Ergo Neck Pillow
Anything that helps this guy get some sleep will be much appreciated.
11. Laser Tape Measure
Make all his new construction projects for baby much easier.
12. Proctor Silex 25479 Breakfast Sandwich Maker
With meals always on the run now, this will be a lifesaver.
14. Bugaboo Stroller Organizer
Anything that helps him organize his life will be much appreciated.
15. Velomacchi Impact Ballistic Reinforced Laptop or Tablet Sleeve Large
Put his mind at ease about the child destroying his precious computer.
16. Aura Frames Digital Picture Frame
This way, he'll have something on his desk when he has to leave and go back to work.
17. Dodow - Sleep Aid Device
In the first few months, sleep is the main thing he'll need.
19. Tie Fathers Day Gift Imprint
Give him the first of many Dad-related ties in his life.
9 Unique Gifts For New Dads
This is one of the most unique, individual moments in his life—a moment when he's meeting his new, unique, individual child—and so, you want to make sure your gift rises to the occasion. To do so, get him some unique gifts for dad that make him feel like you recognize just how special this moment is.
Here are 9 unique gifts for new dads:
20. BlueSmart mia (Blue) Smart Baby Feeding Monitor
Dads can be a little clueless about feedings at first. This will ease his mind.
21. This or That Original Diaper Changing Coin
Help him avoid fights with mom about who's on diaper duty.
22. Baby Diaper Changing Pad
This ensures diaper messes are avoided everywhere he goes.
23. Innobaby Bathin' Smart Silicone Fish Antimicrobial Bath Scrub
A gift that helps him better enjoy those lovely bath times with baby.
24. Dual Foot Massager Roller
Help him take a load off in his rare quiet moments.
25. BEABA Babycook 4 in 1 Steam Cooker and Blender
The reduction in food prep time means more rest for him and Mom!
26. Cooking Gift Set
Get him started on his dad grilling experience.
27. A Man's Guide to Newborn Babies: How To Thrive As A New Father When Baby Arrives! (A Dad's Guide Book 1)
He may be uncertain how to ask, but advice is the number one gift on his list.
28. The Dad Book: Truths, Hacks, and Dad-isms
Give him a leg up on becoming the corniest dad he can be.
10 Cheap Gifts For New Dads
Becoming a new dad is a huge event, so you want to get some great gifts for your friend or family member. The only problem is you don't have a ton of cash on hand to get one of those great gifts. Not to worry, though, there are tons of cheap gifts that will still the new dad in your life feel great.
Here are 10 cheap gifts for new dads:
29. Baby Proofing Edge & Corner Guards
Keeping his child safe is priceless.
30. Skyla’s Cabinet Locks
Keeping his stuff intact: also priceless.
31. Mavogel Cotton Sleep Eye Mask
If you help him get some extra sleep, he won't care about all how much you spent.
32. This is a cheap, wonderful way for him to keep track of his little one growing.
33. OtterBox COMMUTER SERIES Case for iPhone 11
For when the kid inevitably drops his expensive iPhone.
34. Philips AVENT Bottle and Nipple Brush
A gift you can be sure will definitely get used.
35. USA Photo Map
A cheap gift for the future: he can start planning family trips to fill in the photos.
36. DadWare Original Bondaroo Skin to Skin Kangaroo Care Bonding T-Shirt
That skin to skin bond is crucial and valuable at any price.
37. Instant Pot 60 DUO Plus
With all the scrambling around, this will be a life saver come dinner time.
38. Door Lever Lock
If Dad works at home, he'll be grateful for this as soon as the kid is old enough to walk and turn handles.
10 Cool Gifts For New Dads
Becoming a dad is perhaps the most amazing thing that will ever happen to most guys, but one thing it isn't is cool. New dad can say goodbye to his cool days from here on out, but that doesn't mean you can't find gifts that still make him feel cool...at least for a little longer.
These cool gifts for dads offer the new dad in your life the chance to maintain that last shred of cool independence he's otherwise giving up now he's a true family man.
Here are 10 cool gifts for new dads:
39. COWIN E7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Bluetooth Headphones
Now he can still listen to his favorite tracks, even as the baby cries for Mom.
40. Smart Mug Warmer
Keep that coffee hot for him. He'll need it.
41. Adaptive Sound Technologies LectroFan
Helps Baby and Dad sleep.
42. 6 in 1 Monopod Tripod Kit by Altura Photo
Now he can get those high-quality family photos.
43. Arlo Pro - Wireless Home Security Camera System with Siren
Let him feel his family is truly secure.
44. Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
The coolest baby food system on the market.
45. TV & Furniture Anchors
Remove the worries of falling furniture that haunt his dreams.
46. Pulled Pork Shredder Claws
So he can make some great food...as soon as he has any time.
47. Philips Norelco Shaver 9700 with SmartClean
When he looks in the mirror, he'll be grateful he can give himself a really good shave.
48. Projection Alarm Clock
The coolest way to remind him he has to get up and go to work on three hours' sleep.
10 Gifts For New Dads Who Have Everything
Some dads have all the basics down. Whenever you think of a gift, they've already got two of them. That's why we've listed all the gifts for dad who has everything. These gifts for dads are a hit no matter how much stuff Dad has.
Here are 10 gifts for new dads who have everything:
49. Raising Tiny Humans Funny Wine Glass
He's got the wine, now he has the right glass for it.
50. CleanSmart Nursery & High Chair Cleaner
If he's got the chair, now he can clean it.
51. MUSE: The Brain Sensing Headband
One thing he doesn't have is the chance to relax.
52. Dad to Be Pregnancy Journal
For all his stuff, he could use something that lets him focus on him.
53. Shhh.Sleeping Baby - Small Hanging Sign
Simple, but a life saver during naps.
54. iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
Remove the need to clean in the house.
55. Asobu Frosty Beer 2 Go Vacuum Insulated Double Walled Stainless Steel Beer Bottle and Can Cooler
Keep that beer cold for him...no matter how often he gets distracted.
56. 360 Threads Men's Novelty Socks
A simple charmer he'll enjoy every time he slips them on.
58. Baby Memory Book Baby Journal and Photo Album
He'll be glad he took the time with this later.
11 Christmas Gifts For New Dads
A Christmas birth puts a lot of extra pressure on your gifts. You already need great Christmas gifts, now you need Christmas gifts for a dad. Thankfully, we've got all the gifts that are perfect to put under new Dad's tree.
Here are 11 Christmas gifts for new dads:
59. You Can Do This Dad
A little Christmas encouragement for the new dad.
60. Baby Shusher For Babies — Sleep Miracle Soother Sound Machine For New Parents
Christmas is the season for miracles, after all.
61. Panoware BBQ Grill Tools Set Gift for Dad
Give him the Christmas gift of (future) BBQ fun.
62. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil
This Christmas, all Dad wants is sleep.
63. Play Cars on Daddy's Back
The chance to rest and play at once, that's true Christmas magic.
64. Dad’s Ice Cream Bowl and Engraved Spoon Dad’s Ice Cream Shovel
A cute way for Dad to indulge his sweet tooth.
65. Upgraded Beard Grooming Kit
He can get to work on that Santa look right now.
66. Elegant Chef First Christmas as a Daddy Ornament for New Dads
He'll smile every year when he puts it on the tree.
67. Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
An easier way to clean up baby's mess is a gift that keeps on giving.
68. RAK Universal Socket Grip
A great way to start his Dad repair work.
69. Dad Jokes: Good, Clean Fun for All Ages!
Get him started early!
How To Pick The Best Gift For New Dads
With so many awesome gifts for new dads, it can be intimidating choosing just one. What if you make the wrong choice? To put your mind at ease, follow these four steps to make sure you are getting the new dad in your life the exact right gift for him.
Here is how to pick the best gift for new dads:
1. Think About NEED Before WANT
He may not communicate it to you, but he's terrified that he's unprepared for fatherhood, and guess what? He's right. There's tons of stuff he's going to need in the next few months, stuff he's not even thought about. Pick a gift that helps him as much as it makes him laugh.
2. Remember What's Actually On His Mind
Like we said, he's terrified. And all he's thinking about is that kid he's about to be responsible for. So, tailor your gifts to easing his mind. You don't want to get him something that is completely unrelated to what's about to change his life forever, but make sure it addresses the concerns he actually has about his new life.
3. Get the Occasion Right
This really makes life easier for the gift giver. If the birth will be around a holiday or his birthday, let the gift hit on that theme as well as on his new fatherhood. That helps narrow down your options significantly.
4. Communicate That You're There
The most important thing the new dad in your life needs to hear right now is that you are going to be there for him. His whole life will change, and he needs to know that you'll be there helping him along. If you can find a gift that communicates that fact, nothing else really matters.
More Awesome Gift Ideas
New dads aren't the only ones who could use a good gift in their lives. And now, you won't have to stress about getting anyone gifts anymore. Just check out these awesome gift ideas for all the ladies in your life:
- Whether it's the first date or fifth anniversary these gifts for girlfriend are sure to show your girl you care.
- Make sure your gifts go to the next level just as your relationship is next level with these gifts for wife.
- Get some gifts for mom that show just how grateful you are for all she's done for you.
Although most stories don't cater to it, there are actually tons of great gifts for new dads. All you have to do is sift those the amazing gift ideas above and find the gifts for dad that will work for the new dad in your life. So, enjoy shopping, giving, and preparing for this massive miracle. Your new dad will be grateful to have you.