About me questions are different types of questions to ask yourself.
Some are prepared questions that you use whenever someone says, "Tell me a little bit about yourself."
For a fun game, you can also ask these get to know me tag questions and have your conversational partner try to answer them.
The best part?
Asking yourself these get to know me questions will help ensure you're always ready for whatever conversation comes your way.
Because who doesn't like having some about me questions to ask in the back of their mind?
15 Best About Me Questions
Our 14 best about me questions will brighten up any conversation and have you and your partner searching for (or completely fabricating) the answers.
1. Have I ever been in a bachelor or bachelorette party?
They can get pretty wild.
2. Have I ever gotten a ticket for driving?
Some are bogus, others deserved.
3. How can you tell when I am having a bad day?
How well do you hide your frustration?
4. Am I creative?
If you have to ask this question, probably not so much.
5. How often do I use social media?
It's probably more often than you think.
6. Would I rather live in a big city or on a farm?
Hustle & bustle or quiet deliberation?
7. Am I neat or messy?
8. Do I believe in life after death?
What do you think happens when we die?
9. Do I believe in life on other planets?
Consider checking out the Fermi Paradox before you decide.
10. What are 2 things that I am really good at?
You might be surprised at what someone else thinks!
11. What are 3 things that I would want to have if I was stranded on an island?
Answering this for someone else is fun if you list the most ridiculous things to bring.
12. What position do I sleep in?
Some are more beneficial than others.
13. What do I do to destress?
It's important to have a way to wind down.
14. Have I ever seen a ghost or had any kind of paranormal experience?
Ghost stories are always fun.
15. What is my favorite meal of the day?
So many people skip meals, and it's easy to eat at any time you're hungry. But, this question can be answered by thinking about what your favorite kind of food is.
10 Get To Know About Me Questions
Whether you believe it or not, you're an interesting person and you bring more than you think to any conversation.
You want to get to know other people so why shouldn't other people want to get to know you?
Use the get to know me questions below to help the person you're talking to get to know you better (and so you know yourself better!)
And if you're lucky...
You'll make a new friend!
16. What is my mom’s maiden name?
A common security question for sensitive online material, you probably shouldn't give this out freely.
17. What was the name of my elementary school?
Revisit your elementary school and be amazed at how tall you've gotten.
18. Did I ever go to summer camp?
Band camp counts!
19. Am I more like my mother or my father?
They taught us most of what we know.
20. What was my favorite subject in school?
Did that subject translate into a career?
21. What was my least favorite subject in school?
You can't enjoy them all.
22. What is one club that I participated in at school?
I met my longest lasting friends thanks to extra-curricular activities.
23. Who is my oldest friend?
It's surprising to see where our childhood friends ended up.
24. What year did I graduate from high school?
Furthermore, did your class have a slogan and unique way of putting the year on a shirt?
25. Am I close with my parents?
As we get older, we tend to understand our parents a little better (and vice versa).
12 Personal About Me Questions
Personal questions are questions you ask when you want a conversation to get a little more, well... Personal.
They're meant to open up the conversation to topics we don't normally talk about with strangers.
This shows the person you're talking to that you want to get to know him or her better.
26. Do I curse a lot?
27. How do I show someone that I love them?
Love makes the world go 'round.
28. Do I like to be affectionate in public?
Make this clear to a romantic interest.
29. What is one thing that I would not tolerate in a relationship?
It's important to establish boundaries.
30. What are my thoughts on open relationships and polygamy?
Some people are into it, some aren't. Nothing wrong with it either way.
31. How did my last relationship end?
Every relationship is a team effort. Even when it fails.
32. How long does it take me to get ready in the morning?
Quick and easy or precise and painstaking?
33. Would I ever take back someone who cheated?
Should you give people second chances?
34. What always cheers me up when you think about it?
There has to be at least one memory that makes you smile.
35. What habit do I have now that you wish you started much earlier?
What's your next good habit to develop?
36. What are some of the best vacations I've had?
Travel often! It's good for the soul.
37. When was the last time I immediately regretted something I said?
Shouldn't have said that... Should not have said that.
15 Funny About Me Questions To Ask
Let's face it...
Everyone loves to laugh!
And along with the health benefits, it makes every conversation more fun (and you more enjoyable to be around).
So if you want to be the person everyone wants to have around, be sure to have some funny questions to ask at your disposal.
Have some funny all about me questions to ask on hand and show that you don't take yourself too seriously.
38. Do I floss my teeth?
You definitely should.
39. Do I move around a lot in bed?
Nobody likes a blanket hog.
40. Do I snore?
You can't tell you're snoring if you're sleeping!
41. Do I have any useless talents?
Learn a few like juggling or card tricks.
42. On a scale of 1-10 how funny would I say I am?
Sometimes being funny isn't all it's cracked up to be.
43. If I had a warning label, what would it say?
Get creative with these.
44. If I had a giraffe that I needed to hide, where would I hide it?
You can't let your parents find out.
45. What’s the silliest thing I’ve convinced someone of?
It's a blast seeing how long you can make people believe something.
46. What’s the most embarrassing story from my childhood?
We've all repressed a few.
47. What odd smell do I really enjoy?
There's a chicken processing factory near my day job and it always smells like school lunch.
48. What’s the worst thing I’ve eaten out of politeness?
While the sticky food's steaming, your mind starts dreaming of the moment it's time to leave.
49. What’s the worst hairstyle I've ever had?
Everyone goes through their blunder years.
50. iOS or Android?
Some people don’t get all the hype about iPhones, but there are obviously people that will stand by them. Whatever side you’re on, it sounds like a big discussion.
51. How many items are there on my bucket list?
Make sure you have a bucket list before you ask this one, and also, make sure you've openly talked about it with the people you're asking. Just because people know you well doesn't mean they can hear your thoughts.
52. Can you tell me what is my Zodiac sign symbol?
If they know your birthday, they should know this one. Everyone loves reading about the compatibility between their sign and the people they're closest to.
11 Never Have I Ever About Me Questions
Never have I ever questions can be hard to think of on the spot.
It's a good idea to have a few prepared for your next round of Kings or whatever "questions about me" game you end up playing!
Just be sure you've never done any of them!
53. Never have I ever... Left a mean comment on a stranger's wall or photo.
Remember the person. Don't be troll.
54. Never have I ever... Skipped class to hang out with friends.
I skipped class to reserve a Wii once. Don't tell my mom.
55. Never have I ever... Stalked someone on Facebook because you liked him/her.
That's a lie.
56. Never have I ever had to run and save someones life.
If you can't use this one, at least you have a miraculous story.
57. Never have I ever danced on a bar with a stranger.
Were you in the movie Coyote Ugly by chance?
58. Never have I ever done the so-called walk of shame.
It's not shameful if you're proud of it.
59. Never have I ever ruined someone's vacation.
Always be respectful to those around you.
60. Never have I ever had a physical fight with my best friend.
Even if you have, most guys are quick to forgive each other.
61. Never have I ever burped while kissing someone.
That's one way to end a romantic evening.
62. Never have I ever made a website.
If you have something you want to share with the world, why not try it out?
63. Never have I ever gone vegan.
Vegans get a bad rap but they know how to make absolutely delicious food.
10 Interesting About Me Questions
I've found that the best conversations happen with interesting people.
And in order to be interesting, you have to have interesting questions to ask!
Asking interesting questions (and having interesting answers) makes you interesting.
Check out our favorite interesting about me questions below!
64. Is there one color that I seem to really have in my closet?
65. Do I think that women and men can just be friends?
Does there have to be something deeper to a relationship between a man and woman?
66. Do I take leftovers home when I eat out?
I always save my leftovers. It's an extra meal for later!
67. What is the most complicated thing that I have ever tried to cook?
Cooking is easier than it looks and saves you money.
68. What is the farthest that I have ever traveled?
Is it important to you to travel even further?
69. Do I collect anything?
Collecting things is a completely legitimate hobby!
70. How old was I when I learned Santa wasn't real? How did I find out?
When did you lose your childhood innocence?
71. Which famous person do I sometimes dream about?
It's easy to get caught up in dreaming about someone famous. They're everywhere! All over the internet, TV, radio, and they even have a spot in your dreams. But maybe only your true BFF knows the answer to this one.
72. Can you tell me my hidden talents?
I hope you haven't hidden them from this person. Otherwise, they won't be able to tell you the answer. Maybe show off your skills casually, and then ask this one.
73. What is the worst trouble that I got into at work?
Like that one time you took a nap in the bathroom stall and had your boss looking for you - to which you blamed on chronic constipation... Or am I the only one this has happened to?
10 Deep About Me Questions To Ask
Deep questions to ask are ideal for when you want to elevate an acquaintance to a friend.
They're meant to make you dig deep and search for the answer.
And by freely offering the answers to deep about me questions, you're forced to be vulnerable and share things you may not be comfortable with sharing.
This inevitably make the person you're talking to more comfortable with talking to you, which is exactly what you should be working towards!
74. What do I need to let go of?
You can't hold onto things forever. You have to let go.
75. Am I spending time with growth-minded people?
Toxic people are tough to shake but you'll always end up better off.
76. What are the things that stand between me and complete happiness?
Change what you can and accept what you can't.
77. What’s my philosophy in life?
It's important to have standards and a moral code in life.
78. What do I think about when I’m alone?
Some things need to be handled in private.
79. Can I be alone without feeling lonely?
Some people recharge when their alone. Some can't stand it.
80. Which desserts of my favorite restaurant do I enjoy coming back to?
Two questions right here. What restaurant do I frequent? And, which dessert is my favorite there. Bonus points for this one.
81. Am I comfortable with being uncomfortable?
Breaking out of your comfort zone is how you grow!
82. What is that one thing that I can never sleep without?
This is an easy one. No one can sleep without their phone! To think about, no one can live without their phone either. It might be your proudest accomplishment to live a day without your phone.
83. Am I a pleasant person to be around?
Be the person everyone wants to have around.
Downloadable and Printable List of About Me Questions
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of about me questions (right-click the image and select Save Image As...):
Frequently Asked Questions
Need some help on how to use these questions - check out the answers below.
How to use about me questions?
About me questions come with a few tips to keep in mind:
- Know the answers. (Knowing yourself is extremely important and helps you better understand your feelings on different subjects.)
- Don't sound uncertain. (Sounding uncertain will make it sound like you have low self-esteem, which if you do have, you should work towards thinking highly of yourself. Fake it 'till you make it.)
- Make it fun! (If you're still nervous asking these about me questions, consider not taking it seriously. The more fun you have, the less painful it will be!)
Who should I ask a 'who knows me better questions' to?
Ask anyone who you think knows anything about you. It's probably best to ask the people who you think know you the most, but it doesn't hurt to ask people who don't you that well, either.
Can I use 'who knows me better questions' in a game?
Definitely. Gather a group of the people who know you best, and make a challenge for them to figure out who knows you better.
Why should I ask who knows me better questions?
Because it's loads of fun to know all the things people know about you. It lets you know that the things about you stand out to the people in your life.
More Great Questions To Ask
If you're looking for different types of questions, check these out:
- If you're interested in a girl, questions to ask a girl are your best friend.
- Want to make a new friend? Try our questions to ask a guy!
- If you're in an established relationship, questions for couples always make things more interesting.
About me questions are fun, aren't they?
These lists are a great addition to your list of questions to ask. Asking yourself these questions will help you grow as a person, and making a game out of them can add a fun and hilarious aspect to any conversation.
So what are you waiting for?
Give them a try!