The 21 questions game has been around forever. Playing the questions game is one of the best ways to get to know someone, plus it's just fun. You never know what kind of answers you're going to get, and that's what makes it exciting! Whether you're making conversation at dinner or killing time on a road trip, these questions to ask spark conversations and form connections.
Another reason why the 21 questions game is so great is that it gives you a way to ask questions that are...well...awkward to ask directly. For example, if you want to know if your crush is single, you may feel weird asking her.
However, if you sneak it into the questions game, you'll find out the answer without any blushing!
We've compiled an awesome list of questions you can use to get started, but feel free to incorporate some of your own too.
21 Questions Game To Ask A Girl
Whether she's a crush, Tinder date, friend, or co-worker, these 21 questions to ask a girl help you connect with the ladies in your life. When it comes to playing the 21 questions game, having the right questions to ask a girl really helps you to form those special moments and deep connections that make this game so exciting.
It's no secret that getting to know a girl can be a bit tricky. That's why this game is so great. Not only do you get to learn about her, but you get to tell her about yourself too. It's a social shortcut!
Here are the 39 best questions to ask a girl for 21 questions game:
1. You only get 3 words to describe yourself – what are they?
Three words can say a lot about a person. This question is fantastic for getting to know someone fast.
2. What’s something everyone else loves that you secretly find overrated? How come?
Different strokes for different folks. What are those overrated things that you just don't see the appeal to?
3. Would you rather have a home on the beach or in the mountains?
Are you more of a vacationer or an adventurer?
4. What kind of things really makes you laugh?
Sharing laughter with other people is one of life's greatest joys, plus laughter is good for your health.
5. If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?
Besides water, of course.
6. If you could be any fictional character who would it be?
Movies, books, TV shows – it's all fair game.
7. Have you ever had a crush on an animated character?
Be honest. You didn't watch Saturday morning cartoons just for the plot, did you?
8. If the world froze for an afternoon and only you could move and no one could see you or remember what you did, what would you do?
Rob a bank? Go on a restaurant binge? Draw mustaches on an entire town?
9. Which habit are you proudest of breaking?
Personal growth is always something to be proud of. Go ahead and brag.
10. If you had to pick an animal, which animal do you find the sexiest of all?
Besides humans, naturally.
11. What word starts with a letter ‘f’ and ends with letters “u-c-k”? (The answer is “firetruck” so maybe you should save this questions until you know each other better)
This question is pure hilarity, and it's a great way to "catch" someone for having a dirty mind.
12. What’s your favorite joke?
Everyone likes to laugh.
13. What’s the weirdest nickname you’ve ever had?
Be careful – it might come back again!
14. What would be much better if you could just change the color of it?
15. Do you think double texting is a big deal?
What about triple or quadruple texting? When is too much texting actually too much?
16. If your life was a movie, what would it be called?
You can make up your own title or use an existing one. Both can yield equally hilarious (or tragic) results.
17. What's the last concert you went to?
Music connects people. You may even learn about a new artist.
18. What do you wish you were really good at?
A person's dreams are a big part of who they are as a person.
19. If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be?
20. What's the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?
Besides playing this game, of course.
21. If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or visit the future?
And where (and when) would you go, specifically?
21 Questions Game To Ask A Guy
These 21 questions game to ask a guy are geared towards the dudes in your life. Some of them are personal, some are weird, and some are downright hilarious. Mix 'em up to keep it interesting.
Ideal for old friends and new acquaintances, these questions to ask a guy can really help you to take your friendship to the next level. After all, guys can be just as mysterious as girls at times, and these questions to ask a guy to get to know him help you to break through that tough exterior and see what's going on inside.
Here are 21 questions game to ask a guy:
22. If I caught you masturbating would you carry on, or stop and pretend you weren’t?
Different strokes for different folks.
23. Would you rather live in a large urban city, a small town or in the countryside? Why?
Where a person chooses to live says a lot about them.
24. Which personality traits do you want your partner to have?
Do you want someone to like you, or do opposites attract?
25. Can you dance? Do you like dancing?
If so, please show off some of those sweet moves.
26. Would you describe yourself as naughty or nice? Why do you say so?
Or a little from column A and a little from column B?
27. What was the strangest punishment your parents ever gave you?
And what did you do to deserve it?
28. If you go to a restaurant and have terrible service, is it ever OK not to tip?
What type of situation would make you close your wallet?
29. If you could only hear one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
And how long would it take to hate it?
30. What is your favorite item of clothing?
And can I borrow it?
31. If any actor or actress could play you in a movie, who would it be?
This question helps you to understand how other people view themselves.
32. What is the worst lie you've ever told your parents?
And did they ever find out?
33. What do you think about marriage?
End goal or trap?
34. How would you describe yourself?
Direct and to the point.
35 What are you most afraid of?
We're all human. Talking about your unique phobias is a great way to overcome them.
36. Are there any causes you strongly believe in?
And what led you to feel that way?
37. What would you do if you had one day left to live?
Describe the ultimate 24-hour bucket list.
38. How much time do you spend on social networking in a week?
Some people have their phones attached at the hip.
39. How did your last relationship end?
And would you do it differently if you could rewind time?
40. How old were you when you started dating?
And describe your first date.
41. What was the happiest moment of your life?
This is an uplifting question that's sure to make everyone smile.
42. How important is your family to you?
A person's relationship with family says a lot about their priorities and how they were raised.
43. Clubbing or candlelight dinner?
In other words, do you party hard or soft?
44. Are you competitive?
Some people have to win.
45. Have your ever driven drunk or even slightly buzzed?
And do you regret it now?
46. What did you do during the summers when you were growing up?
Talking about childhood memories shines light into how people became who they are today.
47. Do you fall for a person fast?
Does love at first sight really exist?
48. What do you consider the five biggest strengths of your personality?
This question lets someone shamelessly brag about themselves a bit.
49. Do you have any bad habits I should know about?
If so, you can offer advice on how to break them.
50. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done?
Describe your most evil moment.
51. What is your favorite way of spending time with me?
This question is great for making future plans.
52. How do you cope with stress?
Exercise? Booze? Screaming into a pillow?
53. How would you like to be remembered?
And what steps are you taking to ensure that's what happens?
54. Do you like tattoos and body piercings?
Why or why not?
55. What are your life goals?
Learning about a person's long-term dreams helps you to understand their short-term actions.
56. If you found a briefcase of money on the street, would you keep it?
Do the risks outweigh the rewards?
57. When was the last time you felt really proud of yourself?
Celebrate achievements. It feels good.
58. What’s the length of your longest romantic relationship?
A person's past romances often play a major role in who they are today.
59. Are you impulsive or do you think first?
Or do they take life on a case-by-case basis?
60. Have you ever hit the person you have been involved with?
If so, why am I hanging out with you right now?
61. What’s your philosophy in life?
A big question that often yields big answers.
21 Funny Questions Game
These funny questions to ask add some humor into the mix. After all, when you're playing the 21 questions game, you don't want every question to be super deep and serious. This is a game after all, not an interrogation.
Using funny get to know you questions helps to make participants more comfortable, so they're naturally going to be more willing to open up to you (or the group). Never underestimate the power of laughter to connect people.
Here are 22 of the best funny questions to ask for 21 questions game:
62. What is the silliest pick-up line or a phrase someone used on you to win your attention?
And did it work?
63. What was the funniest moment in your life?
Choosing just one can be tough, so give them a few minutes to think about it. The results are worth it.
64. What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done to get a crush's attention?
Out with it. We've all had our share of cringey attempts at love.
65. What is the wackiest gift you have ever received or given someone?
And how did you/they react?
66. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills.
67. What was your best lovemaking experience?
In lurid detail.
68. What is that one thing that you could never part with?
And what makes it so significant?
69. Is there a memory you have of me that always makes you laugh?
This question provides fascinating insight into those special moments that you may not have noticed, and how your perception might be different from theirs.
70. How bad was your habit of peeing in bed every night?
71. Would you rather endure childbirth or wear high heels for entire day?
The pains of being a woman.
72. Have you ever laughed so hard you peed your pants?
Ask enough of these questions, and it may just happen for the first time (or again).
73. What is that thing for which your friends make fun of you?
Everyone has their own little quirks that people like to mock (hopefully in a friendly way).
74. If you suddenly became a vampire and have all the powers, who would you visit first?
Who has the tastiest-looking neck?
75. If you have the option to put more hands-on your arms, how many hands and how long hands would you choose?
And what would you do with all those hands?
76. What movie sequel do you wish you could erase from your brain?
You know the type – so bad it's not even funny.
77. Have you ever done anything to look cool but end up with awkwardness?
Sometimes even the best-laid plans go to ruin.
78. What is the worst filling for a burrito? Have you ever done it?
Nothing wrong with beef and Twizzler burrito from time to time, right? Bad burritos are a crime against humanity.
79. Has anything ever screwed up your birthday party?
It's your party and you can cry if you want to.
80. Have you ever eaten the ice cream from the freezer and then blamed it on someone?
Don't be a dessert bandit.
81. Have you ever ruined your Saturday in a terrible way?
Enlighten the group so they never make your mistake.
82. What was your worst first date?
If you had to endure a terrible first date, at least you get a funny story out of it.
83. What is one habit that you find completely disgusting?
And do you secretly do it?
Downloadable and Printable List of Questions Game
Here is a downloadable and printable list of 21 questions game (right click the image and select Save Image As...):
How To Play The 21 Questions Game
So, by now, you're probably wondering how to play the 21 questions game. It's easy! Honesty is the key to making this 21 questions game work, so no cheating!
Here's how to play the 21 questions game:
1. The Classic
The simplest way to play is to simply take turns asking each other questions. You can write down a list of the 21 questions game and cross them off as you go, or simply keep track by crossing off a number after asking each question.
2. The Pop Quiz
Another way to play is you all write down 21 questions on a piece of paper, trade them with your partner(s), and then write in your answers. When everyone's done, you take turns viewing each other's answers.
3. The Bouncy Ball
In this version, you take turns 'bouncing' questions to each other like a ball. Person A asks person B a question. After person B gives their answer, it's their turn to ask the next person. You can even stand in a circle and use a ball if you really want to turn the game into, well, a sport.
4. The Interview AKA The Hot Seat
In this version, one person sits in the hot seat, and everyone takes turns asking them questions until they reach 21. After the 21 questions game have been asked, the person in the hot seat nominates the next person to take their place.
5. Get-Out-Of-Jail Free
It's up to you how you want to handle those juicy questions that some people might not want to answer. You can all vow to be 100% honest with no take-backs, or you can provide one or two get-out-of-jail free cards that allow someone to pass if they're not comfortable answering a question.
More Great Question Games
The questions game is always a blast, but it's always a good idea to diversify your approach to social situations. Try these other questions to form connections with people:
- These questions to ask friends are perfect for spicing up casual hangouts.
- Meeting someone for the first time? Give these ice breaker questions a shot.
- "This or That" is another classic game. Use these this or that questions to get started.
- These never have I ever questions are great for using after you play 21 questions.
- Use these fun questions to ask to lighten the mood in any situation.
Sure, it's no substitute for classic conversation, but the 21 questions game is a fun change of pace. These questions to ask can really help you out when you're in a social situation with people you don't know well, and it's a great way to bond with your friends.
Sometimes answering questions may be a little scary, but people appreciate honesty. Everyone is at least a little weird in their own unique ways, and that's the magic of the question game. It helps you to learn details about people that you would never find out otherwise!
Have some fun with it. Play a round, and see how it goes. The beauty of these questions is that you can use them to play the game, or you can use them on their own as conversation starters. Forming connections with people is one of life's greatest treasures, so get out there and play the game of games!