If you want to know how to make a girl smile, try creative pick-up lines!
I've studied positive social interactions, and I've learned that to be likable, you should never underestimate the power of words. I've been featured on IHeartRadio, The Urban List, and so many more because I'm an expert conversationalist. I know the importance of making that great first impression. And great pick-up lines and knowing how to flirt with a girl are key!
So, let's get right into it.
Ultimate List Of Creative Pickup Lines To Use On Girls
Your opening line always matters! To be as smooth with the ladies as James Bond is, show confidence and be ready with a creative pick up line. You get extra heart points if you also have conversation starters up your sleeve.
Pickup Lines Categories
5 Best Heart-Melting Lines To Win The Girl You Like
If you want to know how to win a girl's heart, start by showing her you're boyfriend material. And fortunately, the best pick-up lines for girls are the heart-melting kind with the enhanced functionality of creating a good start for genuine connection and love.
Here are 5 heart-melting lines to win the girl you like:
1. "Just when I catch my breath, you turn around and make me lose it again."
Any woman would be flattered with a remark like this. It's sweet and romantic, and it's doubtful she'll be able to resist your charm. Watch as her eyes light up and her smile turn into an impressed grin.
2. "Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears."
Puns, wordplay, and any chat-up line with a joke is a sure way to get her attention. And this one has the added spice of being a knee-buckling heart squeezer.
3. "Are you a dictionary? Because you just gave my life meaning."
That beautiful girl will be honored to hear this because a powerful wave of pride gushes over you when someone says you've made a big impact on their life in a positive way.
4. "Just looking at you gave me an idea for a story. So, thank you for that."
Make it clear that the story is of the romance genre where she's the heroine, and you're the hero. Let her know she can write the ending just as long as it's a happy one.
5. "I thought happiness started with an H. Why does mine start with U?"
The best pick-up line is one that's sincere and warm. And this one is. It's deliciously sweet and will no doubt melt your crush down to her knees.
Share This Image On Your Site
5 Clever And Smooth One Liners To Ask A Girl Out
You need a list of pick-up lines for her that is creative and full of wit. Use clever pickup lines like these because they're hard to ignore and are almost guaranteed a positive reaction and response.
Here are 5 clever and smooth lines:
6. "I'm not a photographer, but I can picture you and me together."
If you're interested in striking up a conversation with a person, you need a good opening line to use. You need a way to get their attention and keep it when you approach. That's why this one works well. It works as an introduction that will make her want to know more about you.
7. "Can I follow you home? Because my parents always told me to follow my dreams."
If this one is said just right, it's a great ice-breaker. If it's delivered wrong where you get stuck on that first question... things may go wrong. So be smooth and confident with your delivery.
8. "I'd say God bless you, but it looks like He already did."
These clever and smooth lines are meant to intrigue and initiate communication. And with a heavenly comment like this one, she might pay your parking ticket in gratitude.
9. "Hello. Cupid called. He wants to tell you that he needs my heart back. "
It's borderline cheesy, but it's clever and smooth enough that the recipient of this remark is bound to return your interest. She'll no doubt think you're sweet.
10. "My buddies bet me that I wouldn't be able to start a conversation with the hottest girl in the bar. Wanna buy some drinks with their money?"
She's sure to swoon and giggle over this one, even if you're not as smooth as Jean Claude Van Damme. It's slick, persuasive, and it's a good thing to start with something she can't refuse - like free drinks!
5 Romantic PickUp Lines To Text To Your Crush Right Now
The most effective way to captivate your crush is by having romantic things to say to her readily. They should be sincere and complimentary comments relevant and appropriate to her.
Here are 5 perfect romantic pickup lines for your crush:
11. "I love you with all my circle, not my heart. Because hearts break, but circles go on forever."
The fine print on this one is that you can't say it to just any random woman. Never declare love unless it's truly felt. It's nerve-wracking to approach your crush, but it's important to keep your wits about you and never exaggerate your feelings for her.
12. "I wrote your name in the sky; a cloud removed that. I wrote your name in the sand; the wind blew that away. I wrote your name in my heart; nothing can remove that."
This would be a nice comment you can make on social media to your crush. If you're willing to be that boldly romantic, that is. But hey, a guy has to put himself out there sometimes.
13. "I'll be yours forever. Just tell me when to start."
It's charming, it's fanciful, and it's tender. This is a heaven-sent romantic affirmation, perfect for your crush to understand how you feel. It's a good conversation starter as well because it asks her to reply.
14. "There isn't a word in the dictionary for how beautiful you look."
This would be romantic to your crush, but also to any lovely lady you're looking to approach and chat up. Whether it's at a bar, the cinemas, or a shopping center, you can use this almost anywhere.
15. "When I think of you, I smile, and when I smile, I think of you. I don't know if it's the thinking that makes me smile or the smile that keeps me thinking. All I know is I'm always thinking of you and smiling."
It's romantic and a very heartfelt thing to say. It could be considered a corny pickup line, but if you mean it, it's the sweetest! When you say this one, take note of the date because it might be the start of the important dates you need to remember.
6 Funny And Imaginative Pick-Up Lines That Will Surely Sweep Her Off Her Feet
If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, then the way to a woman's heart is by making her laugh. Funny pick-up lines are the best at helping you connect with a new person, and if they're imaginative, even better!
Here are 5 funny and imaginative lines to sweet her off her feet:
16. "Somebody call the cops because it's got to be illegal to look that good!"
Make her crack a smile. Part of successfully delivering funny and imaginative lines is in your confidence. Let your body language show real interest by making eye contact, standing tall, and of course, smiling back.
17. "There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn't have your number in it."
Even Optimus Prime would become Optimus Fine with a comment like this. It's funny and will break the ice between you. If you hold your phone out to her, she might just give you her number.
18. "They say Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. Well, apparently, no one has ever stood next to you."
You get performance cookies if you can deliver this straight-faced while standing next to her. Approaching someone and saying this shows your good sense of humor.
19. "Want to go outside and get some fresh air with me? You just took my breath away."
It might take her a second, but she'll laugh with this one. If she was never into pick-up lines before because of their unfair negative reputation, this is bound to change her opinion. Show her what funny, clean pick-up lines can do!
20. "What does it feel like to be the most gorgeous girl in the room?"
It's rhetorical so make sure you have a follow-up question or conversation starter to keep the engagement open. Try and learn their interests early and see if you have anything in common.
5 Cheesy and Original Punchlines You'll Want To Use On Every Dating App
You can find the most interesting people on dating sites, like Tinder. Unfortunately, some of them choose the worst pick-up line. They should be using original and cheesy but effective pickup lines that have the right amount of humor, intrigue, and amusing charm.
Here are 5 cheesy but effective pickup lines to use on dating sites and apps:
21. "Are you Siri? Because you autocomplete me."
A great cheesy pickup line's context should be easy to understand. When you use these lines, avoid making the person struggle to get what you're saying because it can become awkward. This Siri comment, however, is just right.
22. "If you and I were socks, we'd make a great pair."
Originality plays a big role in the success of a cheesy line. But like any comment that doesn't require the person to reply, always have funny conversation starters ready so you can talk and get to know each other.
23. "Want a raisin? No? Well, how about a date?"
Give her a raisin to talk to you, and a good way to do that is by revealing your good sense of humor early on. It may be a cheesy approach, but it'll show her you're someone fun to be around.
24. "You remind me of a magnet because you sure are attracting me over here."
Always pick cheesy pick-up lines over dirty pickup lines. A dirty pickup line can send the wrong message and can be very off-putting. They can be invasive, creepy, and make a situation become really awkward, fast.
25. "Are your parents bakers? Because you're a cutie pie."
Even when they're cheesy, compliments are flattering, but make sure you mean your sugary words. They're better if they're linked to something you truly feel and are specific to her.
5 Witty Chat-Up Lines That Will Make Her Smile
If you're looking for something to kick-start and up your flirting game, witty pickup lines can do just that. Ladies love nerdy pickup lines that are full of fun wit because they're always surprisingly romantic and have smart wordplay.
Here are 5 pickup lines that will make her smile:
26. "Baby, you're so hot I'd need an oven mitt just to touch you."
Don't spend too much time second-guessing this one, or you might miss your window of opportunity. This is the perfect amount of wit and nerd to reveal your playful personality.
27. "Hey girl, are you sitting on the F-5 key? Cause you are refreshing."
Hopefully, she understands this window reference, but if not, what a great way to break the ice by giving her a quick lesson in shortcut keys.
28. "Did you just fart? Because you just blew me away."
Use this one with caution. It's definitely witty, and it's perfect if she likes playful banter. If not, you may just need to flow with the wind and move on.
29. "I wanna live in your socks so I can be with you every step of the way."
You have to try and think of these like jokes. It's the punchline and the delivery that really counts. If you're willing to use a nerdy or witty one-liner, that's great! Don't overthink it, and have fun.
30. "If I were a stoplight, I'd turn red every time you passed by just so I could stare at you a bit longer."
Brazen, but what a witty compliment! If you want to stand out and be memorable, this is a great chat-up comment to make.
Downloadable and Printable List of Creative Pickup Lines
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of creative pickup lines (right-click the image and select Save Image As…):
Why Knowing How To Use Pickup Lines Is An Attractive Skill
Does your mind go blank, or do you get nervous when it's time to talk to someone? Do you stutter or mumble when it's a female you've approached? Knowing how to talk to girls can be difficult, but that's why pickup lines are an attractive skill to have.
Here are 4 reasons why knowing how to use pick-up lines is an attractive skill:
1. They take away the need for you to think on the spot.
When you approach her, you don't need to be pressured about coming up with a perfect ice-breaker. This helps overcome initial stiffness.
2. You appear more confident.
Just as long as you hold your head high and smile, they can help you appear more confident because you've approached her ready to mingle. Skillfully used, they're a tactful way to sweep in and grab her attention.
3. They're a great way to initiate a social interchange.
Say a witty comment, give a sweet compliment, or deliver a romantic remark, all for a chance to converse and get to know each other better.
4. They're an impressive approach.
While women are more than willing and confident to do the pick-up these days, they still enjoy a bit of attention. It's flattering, and they appreciate the effort. These get right to the point that you want to talk to her.
Frequently Asked Questions
Heaven knows the dating game can sometimes be complicated and hard. And while using this list can help with your approach, you may still have questions. Here, we've answered the most frequently asked:
How do you deliver a pickup line?
You should be confident and committed to what you say. Delivery is not about being cocky, but about breaking the ice to open up or set you up for a conversation with your female interest. Once you've broken through that tension of the first meeting, follow up by introducing yourself.
How to respond to a pickup line?
Always remember it has taken that person a lot of guts to come up to you. Appreciate the effort, and don't be rude. Engage with them. Of course, there is nothing wrong with politely telling someone you're not interested.
When is the right time to deliver a pick up line?
Look around you and consider where you are. Is it appropriate to pick someone up? Also, pay attention to the other person and their body language. Are they sitting away in the corner with a book and perhaps wearing earphones? If so, they may not want to be disturbed. Delivering a pick up line is fine to do any time, but use your common sense.
Do pick-up lines really work?
On a Psychology Today blog article, pick-up lines, like any dating strategy, are not fool-proof or guaranteed to work, but they can trigger love and positive emotions. So when asking, "Do pick-up lines work?" it's really a matter of how you can make them work for you.
More Awesome Pick-Up Lines
Everyone needs a list of pick-up lines. But which are best for you to use? Only you can decide. Check out these great options! After all, it's nice to be spoiled for choices.
- Sweet pick-up lines are great if you want to sweep that cute girl off her feet. Watch her eyes light up when you say these sweet lines to her.
- Break down the barriers and use flirty pickup lines. They're a great way of letting someone know you're romantically interested in them.
- The day of love is not the only time you can use these Valentine's Day pickup lines! In fact, they're perfect every day of the year.
- You have a fighting chance with these cute pickup lines. But don't forget, they can also be used on someone you're already dating.
If you want to know how to flirt with a girl, start with having creative pick-up lines ready to use. After all, knowing how to make a girl smile is part of the trick. Get creative and use pick-up lines to break the ice and start a conversation that might just change your life.