Seth | Nov 13, 2019 | 0
Do Girls Like Shy Guys? – 10 Real reasons why they actually love them.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve asked yourself, “do girls like shy guys?”
…Because, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not always the most confident guy who walks into a room.
Well… the short answer: Yes! And no… Some girls do, some girls don’t. Let me explain…
Just like you have a “type” of girl you like, girls feel the same way about guys. So not every girl is looking for outwardly alpha male. However, this doesn’t mean a girl who normally likes in-your-face guys won’t ever date a shy guy. It’s all about playing your cards right.
But I get it:
But I’ll let you in on a little secret: The key difference between a shy guy and a chick magnet is that the guy who gets all the girls knows his strengths.
And he uses them when talking to girls.
So while you might have been hoping for a simple “Yes” or “No” answer to the question, “Do girls like shy guys?”, the full answer is a little more nuanced than that.
And below you’ll find out why.
Even though the specifics of what girls like differ from female to female, most girls agree that certain traits are must-haves.
A guy who knows who he is and what he wants in life is basically what it boils down to.
Because that usually means he’s confident, disciplined, responsible, and has a ton of other traits that are hard to master but well worth the effort. And as a shy guy/introvert, you have plenty of time to learn them (if you haven’t already started.)
Here are 10 reasons being a shy guy is more attractive to girls than you might think:
1. Shy Guys Are Great Listeners
Everyone knows shy guys don’t usually talk much.
This could be thanks to any number of reasons or combinations of reasons from social anxiety to a more general desire to understand others.
And I think that last one is what really sets apart shy guys from most other guys. They often would rather learn about others instead of sharing their own stories.
So as long as you listen closely, ask follow-up questions, and show interest, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to keep a girl talking to you.
2. Once They Open Up, They’re Great at Conversations
Of course, being a good listener requires a little give and take. Good listeners are still good conversationalists.
So learning how to keep a conversation moving is a skill all shy guys need to master if they want to get the girl. Doing so keeps you from being boring, and nobody wants to talk to a boring person.
3. They Don’t Always Have to Be The Center of Attention
Which is more interesting to you?
A person who lets everyone know everything about him immediately, or someone with a little more mystery? The same applies to many girls. A shy guy who seem to have a few secrets up his sleeve…
… Can pique a girl’s interest and keep her wanting to know more about him.
4. They’re Deep Thinkers
Do you often find yourself contemplating the reasons behind people’s actions, your actions, and really… Everything?
Keep doing that. A guy who thinks deeply and critically about life is a hot commodity.
Because it shows he has emotional intelligence and a curious and creative mind, which lots of girls find interesting.
By even asking the question ‘do girls like shy guys’, you prove this one…
5. They’re Full of Surprises
Because shy guys are so reserved, much of their personal life never reaches the surface.
When it does however, anyone in earshot immediately becomes interested. Throwing everything about yourself at a girl right off the bat is a HUGE red flag.
So keep doing what you’re doing and feed her information about yourself a little bit at a time.
6. Shy Guys Have Unusual Hobbies
“I didn’t know you did that!?” is something you’ll hear often as a shy guy who has hobbies.
And that’s the thing…
… You HAVE to have hobbies and interests if you want to be interesting.
7. Shy Guys are Less Intimidating
You may not think about it much, but girls can also be intimidated by guys as much as guys can be intimidated by girls.
So good news for shy guys: You’re a safer bet.
Here’s what I mean…
An outwardly confident guy can be so confident that it’s off-putting to girls. It makes them feel less important. So of course, a guy who doesn’t breathe obnoxious confidence is less threatening to a girl’s feelings about herself.
And because girls like feeling special, a shy guy, by nature, is usually an expert at making that happen without even trying.
8. Shy Guys are More Genuine
Because shy guys are better listeners, deep thinkers, and are generally easier to be around, they’re naturally more genuine.
They won’t lie to a girl because they think it’s what she wants to hear. They’ll tell her the truth because they want their thoughts and intentions to be completely clear.
So as a shy guy, always be sure to say what’s on your mind and be honest.
Because girls love honesty.
9. Shy Guys Give GREAT Advice
All of that thoughtfulness adds up to critical thinking skills.
The more a shy guy thinks about the world and how things work, the more he understands his world, everything in it, and how things should be. Because of that, shy guys are masters at giving advice.
And once it’s known you give great advice, girls will flock to you to get it.
Just be sure to stay out of the friendzone.
10. They’re Extremely Polite to Everyone
Again, everything above adds up to this.
The thoughtfulness, the listening, and the genuineness are all traits of a polite and decent person.
And a guy with manners is something every girl wants.
Because as much as some guys want to believe it, girls aren’t actually into jerks.
They like a guy who says “please” and “thank you.” So always do that.
When you boil it down to the basics, there are a handful of traits that women want in a man.
The three biggest ones:
- Attractiveness (Rules #1 and #2 are real. And if you clean yourself up, get some fancy duds, and have an engaging personality once you open up, you’ll be instantly more attractive to every girl who comes your way.)
- Ambition (You need to have goals and methods to achieve them if you want to get the girl. It shows her you have a handle on your life and dreams you’ll one day accomplish.)
- Confidence (This one is hard for shy guys initially, but as long as you muster up some confidence once you open up, you’ll be completely fine.)
If you’re interested in learning more about what women want in a man, follow that link and learn a thing or two.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Here are a few signs a girl likes you (follow the link for more signs!):
- She immediately says “yes” when you ask to hang out (A yes is a clear sign she’s interested. If she can’t hang out on that date, she’ll try to reschedule.)
- She’s playful with you (If a girl is playful towards you, teases you, and engages in physical contact, she’s 100% interested and you should ask her out.)
- Her friends have heard about you (If you meet her friends and they say they’ve heard a lot about you, you’re already in. Keep being awesome.)
More Ways On How To Get The Girl
You’re not going to get the girl by simply sitting there! Check out these other helpful articles:
- With our help, understanding women is easier than you might think!
- We can also teach you how to get a girl to like you if you’re struggling with that.
- And if you’re stuck in the friendzone, our article on how to get out of the friendzone is extremely helpful.
So as you can see, the answer to the age-old question, “Do girls like shy guys?” isn’t as hard to pin down as you thought!
And those character traits you might worry about are actually more attractive to girls than you might have thought. Learning to open up sooner rather than later will help you get the girl quicker, but if you’re a shy guy, keep being shy.
Lots of girls notice and are interested in the mysteries of what you have to offer.