If you’ve never done it, knowing how to make out with a girl is like building a house…
…You have no idea what you’re doing and you’re probably going to put your tongue where it shouldn’t go.
Well I’ve got news for you: If you don’t know how to kiss a girl, you probably struggle with knowing how to get a girlfriend.
Don’t worry though, we’ve got you covered.
I recommend reading through all of these 4 steps to find your absolute favorites… but if you’re looking for something specific, you can click the links below to jump to that section:
I know… You’re nervous and wondering how to make out with a girl. But you shouldn’t be! Because even if you’re a bad kisser, improvement is only a handful of steps away!
All it takes is a little practice and understanding of how kissing actually works, and in no time, you’ll wonder why you ever worried about kissing in the first place.
Step #1: Kiss her for the first time?
If you’re kissing a girl for the first time, your nerves will be frazzled and you’ll probably hesitate longer than you should.
Not if you read up on how to kiss a girl for the first time.
Because how you initiate a first kiss is entirely dependent on the mood and location of your bodies.
Here’s what I mean…
… It’s hard to kiss a girl when you’re sitting across from each other at dinner (who wants to lean over a table for a kiss?)
So plan for a more romantic setting and one where you’re easily able to turn your entire body toward her, look her dead in the eye, say something sweet, and slowly lean in for a kiss (that’s my favorite, most confident method of kissing a girl.)
Something sweet could be:
“I’ve been wanting to do this since I first saw you tonight.” or “There’s something in your teeth. Here, let me get it.”
That last one is useful for getting you both to relax and enjoy the moment and it works really well if you were a good flirt all night.
Because even if this girl doesn’t want to kiss you, there are plenty more out there who might!
Step #2: Know These Make-Out Kissing Tips
Making out isn’t simply opening and closing your mouth like a fish out of water, gasping for its last breath (but you do need to open your mouth.) It’s more refined than that.
Keep these kissing tips on how to make out with a girl in mind before you go in for the kiss (and also while you’re kissing):
- Pucker your lips (You know that duck face a lot of girls like to do? Do that, but to a much lesser degree. A very slight pucker is all you need to make her feel like she’s kissing a person with nice, juicy lips instead of a wall with teeth.)
- Tilt your head (Don’t tilt at a 90° angle. It makes you look like you’re something out of a horror film. A little less than 45° is good enough to avoid smashing noses.)
- Open your mouth slightly as you move in (Slightly open your mouth right before your lips touch hers. I like to compare it to eating an ice cream cone. You want to avoid using your teeth and instead just use your lips the same way you’d eat ice cream. Teeth clashing during a kiss is unpleasant.)
- Breathe through your nose (DO NOT BREATHE THROUGH YOUR MOUTH. Kisses shouldn’t taste like what you had for dinner, and breathing through your nose during a make-out session will ensure that doesn’t happen. For further breath protection, exhale when your mouths are closed on each other.)
- Use some tongue (unless she isn’t) (I prefer a kiss with tongue. Some people don’t or they don’t know how to use it. No problem, just follow her lead because if only one person is using tongue, the kiss simply doesn’t feel right. And remember: The deeper the tongue goes, the more passionate the kiss.)
- Come up for air after a few kisses, look her in the eyes, and smile/laugh (This gives the two of you a break to decide whether or not you should keep going. Be sure to say something sweet or comment on how the kiss was. The goal is to get her to kiss you more.)
- Repeat if she’s into it (If all goes well, she’ll want to do it again. Go in for another round if you’re both feeling it. Have fun!)
Step #3: Get Her To Make Out With You
In general, when you’re on a date you should be constantly checking the atmosphere.
On the other hand…
If getting her to talk is a chore for you, or she doesn’t seem to be all that interested, you’re definitely not going to be kissing her. Onto the next one!
We have a full write-up on how to get a girl to kiss you but getting a girl to make out with you is achieved with one simple method:
When you’re on a date with a girl, it’s your job to be on your A-Game and be entertaining and fun to hang out with.
She’s not going to want to kiss you if she’s not having a good time with you.
But I get it…
You don’t want to feel like you’re performing for a girl just to get her to kiss you (and you should NEVER do that by the way.)
Seriously, the amount of date horror stories I’ve heard from my girl friends is astounding.
Just be a decent person who doesn’t expect a kiss or relationship to develop and you’ll probably be making out with her before you know it.
Girls like respectful guys, not “Nice Guys.”
Step #4: Find the Perfect Moment to Strike
First off, in learning how to make out with a girl what you shouldn’t do is wait for the perfect moment because you’ll end up waiting until you’re at her door and she’s on the other side.
In other words, you’ll psych yourself out and completely miss out on kissing her.
That’s why you have to be confident and find the perfect moment. One where the conversation lulls and (for example) you’re leaning over a railing, looking out over the city when you turn towards her, look her straight in the eyes and BAM! You’re kissing her.
Moments like that are why I like taking walks when I’m on a date. It opens up more romantic possibilities (you might wander into a nice garden or someplace secretive.)
And that’s the thing…
You have to actively steer the date to where you want it to go. If the date is going well, it usually happens naturally, but it still requires some effort on your part.
Because planning an interesting and exciting date will only get you so far.
Keeping the girl engaged and interested is what make her want to kiss you. You just have to make the first move.
First kisses are interesting in that you don’t know what you’re going to get from one until your lips are locked.
Some people jump straight into making out when the smooches start, while others are more reserved about it and don’t open their mouths too much.
Because of this, a kiss on the first date is always a surprise (and one that you should embrace no matter which path she ends up taking.)
But if I’m on a first date and I find myself kissing the girl, I test the waters and see if she wants to make out.
How to Make Out With a Girl?
Well normal kisses are usually closed-mouthed while making out involves opening and closing your mouth, right?
So I open my mouth and see if she does the same. It’s that easy.
If she doesn’t I just cut my losses and move on with the date. She might come around and want to make out down the line but I’m in no rush.
And making that clear shows a girl you respect her, which will only make her want you more.
More Tips On How To Get The Girl
There’s a lot you need to learn about how to make out with a girl, and do before a girl will make out with you. But we can help with that:
- Knowing how to talk to girls is the most important skill to have if you want them to make out with you.
- Struggling with flirting? It takes practice and reading about how to flirt with a girl.
- When you’re ready to get to know her a little better, you have to know how to ask a girl out.
- She won’t make out with you if she doesn’t like you. We can help you figure our how to get a girl to like you.
So there you have it. Hopefully you’ve learned a little bit about how to make out with a girl and are ready to get out there and make out with them all.
Just be sure they’re into it as much as you.