Jasper | Feb 22, 2021 | 0
How To Tell A Girl You Like Her (7 Steps) – Tell her how you feel.
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
Gentlemen, every guy initially grapples with how to tell a girl you like her.
Being attracted to a girl can make us feel vulnerable. Even for generally confident dudes, the fear of rejection can come out full force around how to get a girlfriend. Mastering yourself through this uncomfortable feeling is vital for personal growth.
How to ask a girl to be your girlfriend requires communicating your desires with respect and integrity. It’s about choosing self-respect over fear. It’s about honoring your feelings, not denying them.
Here’s some advice on how to tell a girl you like her that every man should know.
Scroll down to Steps 6 and 7 to learn the most powerful ways to tell a girl you like her!
Romantic attraction is one of the most powerful feelings in the world.
Suppressing it is one of the most limiting actions you can take–for her, but mostly for yourself. It’s like bottling anger.
It negatively affects everything you do. It causes displaced frustration in other areas of life.
It hacks away at your self-esteem. It demands so much energy to keep contained that it saps the energy you have to do everything else.
The art of manhood is about diligence, and creative, active pursuit. You are pursuing personal improvement and a woman who aligns with you.
Honor yourself by telling a girl you like her. Be your authentic self by learning how to tell a girl you like her.
Many of us guys long for deeper connection with a woman. We all want to be seen for who we are. We all want something real. To drop the facade and be ourselves.
Unfortunately, how to have fulfilling relationships isn’t taught much in school or at work. Positive relationship role models in the media have been limited. It’s time to change that.
We’ve got all the tips and insight you need to make the leap and create a bond with a girl that you’ve always wanted. That starts with knowing how to let a girl know you like her.
Here are 7 powerful steps on how to tell a girl you like her:
1. Approach Her
It can be intimidating to approach an attractive girl, but it doesn’t have to be! Your style for how to approach a girl is going to depend on the situation. Is she with a group of friends? Is timing relaxed or rushed? What if you can’t pinpoint a conversation starter?
Here are some pointers for each unique situation:
1.Be warm and friendly with her friend group.
If they see you as a catch for her, they’ll be your best advocates and cheerleaders. Same with her bestie.
2. Don’t be afraid to “eavesdrop.”
If you sense a girl and her friends having an open, relaxed conversation in a public place, you can use it to your advantage by drifting over and saying something like: “Hey there. I couldn’t help overhearing that you thought (event x) was great. I couldn’t agree more! What did you think of (y)?”
3. Give her your card when time is limited.
Every man should carry cards. Sometimes time is of the essence: You’re chatting in a queue. Or stopped at a traffic light! When it turns green, tell her you’d love to continue this, and hand her your card.
4. We all experience fascination that we can’t reason.
Just go over there and say: “I couldn’t help but coming over to say hello. You’ve got a great energy about you.”
2. Compliment Her Sweetly
Sweet things to say to a girl make her feel nurtured. We bond closely in those tender moments.
Here are some simple, yet beautiful things to say to a girl you like:
- What would I do without you?: You’d be heartbroken without her.
- I’ve waited all my life to have a girl like you: You dreamed of her before you met her.
- You’re a queen among princesses: No other woman compares to her.
3. Recognize her Deeply
Although girls definitely do tend to communicate differently than we do, at the end of the day, we’re all human.
A huge part of how to let a girl know you like her is mastering how to talk to a girl you like.
The strongest compliments for girls communicate the depth of your understanding of her values. When you consider how to compliment a girl, try to recognize something in her that nobody has ever seen in her before. She will be deeply moved by your ability to read her soul.
Here are some choice examples:
- When I watch you dance, it’s like you’re telling a story of the freedom so many long for: Her art is powerful enough to express not only her own emotions, but those of others.
- When I see you managing your team, I can see that everyone feels safe enough to be themselves: She is a strong leader who is able to help people open up and realize their potential.
4. Tease Her Playfully
Light teasing is one aspect of flirting. It’s the next level of communication in which you say one thing but mean something more. It builds trust. Your lighter words are carrying the deeper message of your attraction. Flirty banter displays your sense of humor, a must in every relationship!
Here are some examples to lighten the mood:
- Say the opposite of what you mean. Deliver it with a smile: Her: Do you think this looks good?You: I think it looks appalling–(pause, wait for her surprised look)–ly perfect. I don’t know how you always manage to have such good taste.
- Exaggerate: Her: Do you like this?You: I love it more than life itself.
5. Surprise Her
Surprises are the next level for telling her that you like her because they show you went out of your way to give her an exciting experience, ease her burdens, or just make her happy. They come in two types:
Type 1: The Carefully Planned
Planned surprises are powerful. They show time, effort, resources, and creativity on her behalf. They say that she was on your mind even when you were apart.
Planned surprises can be as simple as a cooked meal for two, or handling a chore you know she dreads. They can be as lavish as a multi-day trip. They can be experiences, favors, things you made, or things you bought.
Type 2: The Completely Spontaneous:
Spontaneous surprises show her your willingness to take chances and leaps of faith to be with her in new ways.
Here are some ideas:
- Ask her if she wants to just keep driving and see where you end up.
- Use a childhood game like hide-and-seek or tag to explore a new place together.
You’ll want to know even more about how to tell her you like her as you grow closer. Keep her interested and engaged with gentle and protective physical contact to convey your deep attraction.
Here are 2 ways on how to tell a girl you like her through touch:
- Stand close behind her with your chest against her back. She’ll feel the warmth of your constant presence.
- Wrap your arms around her in a front-to-back hug. It’s great for standing concerts and fireworks displays. Start by wrapping your arms around her shoulders and clasping your hands around your wrists. If she welcomes that, the more intimate version is wrapping your arms around her belly.
Gentlemen, listen up! Once you’re connecting with a girl regularly, this is the most important step of all.
Opening up to a girl is going to be the driving power behind your words. You can tell her you like her a million times. You can shower her with experiences, cuddles, dates, and gifts meant to tell her you like her.
But if you’re not sharing your heart and soul with her, those words and actions will mean less and less over time.
For a lot of guys, trusting a girl completely with your deepest feelings and fears is the most difficult step to master. It happens over time as you become closer.
This may fly in the face of everything you learned growing up about masculinity: Girls are not looking for a man that suppresses and denies his feelings, or fakes an image. That just looks insecure.
Girls are looking for a man with the courage and audacity to take responsibility for his emotions and communicate them honestly.
When you are honest with yourself, she knows you can handle being honest with her. That shows her you trust her. It helps her trust you. There is no greater way to say you like her.
Here are some places to start:
- Tell her a story about a time you failed, and what you learned about yourself through failure.
- Tell her about a childhood fear. How did you master it? Does it still stick with you?
More Steps On How To Get The Girl
When you have accomplished how to tell a girl you like her, there are more ways to progress.
Here are additional ways to grow your self-confidence when connecting with girls:
- Flirt with her: There’s buddy talk and then there’s how to flirt with a girl. Flirting lets her know clearly that you are attracted to her.
- Impress her: There’s a difference between being a great friend and how to impress a girl. Make her proud to be seen on your arm.
- Get her to like you: When you cultivate the assets women desire, she’ll be immediately drawn to you. Make sure you know how to get a girl to like you.
When you excel at how to tell a girl you like her, doors will start to open across your life.
How to let a girl know you like her is part of every man’s coming-of-age journey. It begins with your courage and ends with your uncontested confidence.
You’ll start by following some advice. You’ll finish when it’s natural to pursue your full potential in everything you do.