Guys, have you a new bae in your life that you want to send romantic good night messages?
Texting is such an integral part of a commitment to consistent connection in dating these days. A well-timed carefully contemplated good night text for her is a keystone to establishing a trustworthy relationship where both partners feel safe with each other no matter how many miles separate you.
So let's talk about how to text a girl. We'll also give you some training in how to talk to girls, because we all start somewhere.
Ultimate List of Good Night Messages
At the end of a long and tiring day, it is nice to know that someone cares about you enough to wish you a lovely night. Coming up with good night love quotes may seem easy, but thinking of a well-composed message to send can be a bit tough for some. It may even seem totally awkward for a few people. Especially when you want to make a good impression.
Read on and get ideas of what to say to a girl or friend before bidding her a wonderful evening.
21 Best Romantic Good Night Messages
Of course, it's best to speak openly and authentically from the heart without needing to consult our carefully curated examples.
We know you'll get there, where this stuff is as natural as breathing. However, we know how important a good example is to help us not feel awkward when we're just starting out.
So feel free to start out with some of our tried and true good night messages.
1. Sleep well sweetheart. Know that you are not alone, I am always there, wherever you are!
We all feel alone sometimes, even when surrounded by people. Maybe even especially when we're surrounded by people who don't necessarily understand us no matter how hard they try.
2. My love, I want to plunge into your arms now. You give me so much happiness. Sleep tight, and remember I am always there.
This one's a little bit on the dramatic side. We recommend breaking this one up into smaller bites so you don't sound like you're trying too hard.
3. No distance will prevent me from loving you! I am looking forward to meeting you in a dream and wish you the sweetest dreams.
A guy who acknowledges the greater, deeper meaning of dreams is someone who thinks beyond the mind. He feels in the heart and intuits in the soul. All great things.
4. Before you go to sleep, I want you to know, it took me years to find my soulmate, I will never let you go.
Make sure you really mean it when you use the word soulmate. Used insincerely, it could be really off-putting.
5. You are the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am so lucky to have you in my life.
These simple words never get old.
6. I want to make a day for you that’s filled with all your favorite things because you’re my favorite thing. I love you and hope your sleep is as wonderful as you.
This sounds like a really tender, sweet blessing that could fit most circumstances.
7. In sleep we must be apart, my love, but rest assured for I will dream of you till we meet again. Goodnight, darling.
A timeless pet name like "darling" could be just the thing to make her feel loved and celebrated.
8. Love is not a word I would use to describe how I feel about you. I would say I am enamored by you.
Explore words that add color to your intention.
9. My life has changed so much since I met you, I hope it never goes back to the way it was before. I can’t wait to see you in my dreams.
You're acknowledging your evolution.
10. It keeps me calm when I think about the way you look at me, full of passion and love. Have a good night sleep, beautiful.
You're letting her know how she affects you emotionally.
11. I think of you as soon as I wake up and then again before I fall asleep. You see, you're never out of my thoughts. Have a goodnight my love!
It's important not to lose yourself completely to the idea of being in love rather than the actual person. It's a wonderful feeling. Just make sure it's real.
12. I hope the sweetest dreams you will have tonight, will be nothing compared to the life we will live together.
Promises and plans for the future abound.
13. I wish we could cuddle all night long… and fall asleep after watching the sunrise together
A picture of a primal promise stirs the soul.
14. I could fall asleep to the sweet sound of my heart… It keeps repeating your name.
It's true how two people grow together with every pulse of their heart beats starting to converge.
15. May the angels protect my queen when she falls asleep. Good night, sweety.
Of course, you want her to feel safe, especially when you are not together. Make sure she knows that before she goes to sleep.
16. The day is done. It's time to dream. May you sleep peacefully knowing we're a team. Good night honey. I love you.
Whenever your girlfriend feels overly tired or frustrated about her day, let her know that you always got her back. Nothing like some sweet good night message to assure her that you are there even during rough times.
17. May your sweetest dreams tonight become a reality tomorrow. I can't wait to hear all about them in the morning. Good night honey. I love you.
Caring about her dreams reassures her that you are the kind of person she would want in her reality.
Share This Image On Your Site
18. I am counting the minutes until I see the morning sun because it will mark the start of the day when I will see you again. Goodnight, my love.
Let her know that you are always excited to see her. This will make her look forward to seeing you again as well.
19. Never has there been a love so great that it can surpass even the wildest dreams. Dream big tonight. We'll conquer the world tomorrow.
Make her feel that you are rooting for her dreams.
20. Of all the things I'm grateful for in this life, you're number one. Good night to the love of my life.
Reassure her of how you appreciate having her in your life. Knowing that you treasure her is a sure way to uplift her mood before sleeping.
21. As the darkness of the night covers my mind and body like a blanket, your memory is like the moon that shines above me, keeping me company through the night. Have a good night, my love.
Reminiscing about your time together reminds her that you think about her before going to bed. Don't forget to tell her that through this good night wish.
16 Romantic Good Night Messages That Are Also Great Good Morning Texts
It's a very important practice to let her know that not only is she the last thought on your mind at night, but the first one on your mind in the morning. So these texts are interchangeable between the rising and setting of suns and moons. Send a good morning text for her to broaden your adoration.
22. I know that I do not always let you know how much I love you, but I think about you all the time.
You're saying that it's not just in the moments you text her that you're thinking about her.
23. I was just thinking about how much you do for me. I do not know how you do everything that you do. I love you.
You're telling her that you are amazed and proud of how actively and vivaciously she is diving into life.
24. I want no one else but you, forever is the beginning for us my love.
You're expressing commitment and longterm endurance and laying down the foundation for a life together.
25. Your sweet teddy bear misses you, I can’t wait to see you.
Pet names to refer to yourself might be okay. This works even better if she's already actually thought of calling you her sweet teddy bear herself.
26. I think about the good memories of this day and I can’t wait to have another one tomorrow with you.
You're looking into the future.
27. There’s a lot going on, there’s a lot to think about, there’s a lot to do, but one thing is for sure, I don’t want to miss telling you that I love you.
You're cherishing the richness that is unfolding with each moment together.
28. May you wake up with the brightest and most wonderful day ahead of you.
This is a simple and very sweet well-wish that you can't really go wrong with.
29. The brightest thing in this world are your two eyes when you look at me, I don’t want to see stars at night but your eyes.
This one could also work with just the first part.
30. I think of you as soon as I wake up and then again before I fall asleep. You see, you’re never out of my thoughts.
You could say this, but even more powerful is showing her this with your consistency in goodnight and good morning texting.
31. Between a million yesterdays and a million tomorrows, there’s only one today. And I would never let it pass without telling you I’m thinking of you.
You're expressing the joys of the present moment.
32. I long to feel your arms around me and to taste your sweet kisses. Being apart from you is agony, so may peaceful sleep surround us both until the first morning light peeks through the window.
Here's some poetry for you.
33. Of all the things I’m grateful for in this life, you’re number one.
Gratitude is an important exercise to be dipped into daily.
34. My nights are longer than my days since I am not by your side. But it's all worth it - dreaming about you wakes me up with a smile a mile wide.
Wordplay that rhymes and alliterates is great.
35. In a perfect world every night would begin with a good night cuddle with you and every day would begin with a good morning kiss from you.
If the two of you can't be together, these spoken words can be just as good as actual physical hugs and kisses.
36. Love is one of the simplest feelings. All I dream about is capturing your heart each night. You already have my heart.
Sweetness abounds. It's a good one.
37. Here is a short line to keep in touch because your always on my mind very much.
A rhyme to sweeten the mind.
19 Romantic Good Night Conversation Starters
It always helps to have a strong grasp in starting conversations. Sometimes it doesn't even matter what you start talking about, more that you chose her to converse with, again and again. These text conversation starters are sure to help.
38. Do you think romance is dead? If so, I'd like to resurrect it just for you.
You're setting an intention to keep the romance alive in your relationship. Courtship has a sweetness and a traditional nostalgia to it that lots of people still really appreciate.
39. Do you ever look at our relationship and think, "Wow! This is just like in the movies?"
This is totally an awesome one, even for someone who's very grounded and knows that what happens in movies isn't like real life.
40. My perfect date night is anything that includes you.
You're not picky and you're truly flexible.
41. You're so beautiful that I can write volumes on you but still have things left to say.
You're confirming your motivation to have words be one of your main love languages.
42. What is your favorite romantic meal?
You're implying that you're thinking about her surprising her with it.
43. There is something interesting about you and I wanted to find out what that is.
You're intrigued and curious about her mystique.
44. Do you have a hobby your friends don’t know about?
You're testing the waters to see if she's ready for some more intimate conversations. This is definitely flirting and it could get spicy.
45. Describe your perfect day off.
You're implying that you're using her answer to plan for when you both have the day off together.
46. How would someone get your special attention?
You're telling her that you're wondering what would really please her.
47. When do you last remember laughing with me the most?
You long to laugh long and hard with her because laughter is the best of medicines.
48. What does the word “romance” mean to you?
You're hinting that it means something significant to you and you'd like to be romantic with her and key in to what she'd like that to mean.
49. Which is the best place you want to go to on holidays?
Some promises and goal and plans for the future can be nice to get excited together.
50. When you’re alone, do you think about me?
It's an honest and vulnerable inquiry, especially when you're trying to get a feel for how a relationship is blossoming.
51. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
This is a very mature and thoughtful question that is worth asking and answering.
52. Yesterday I’d been thinking about you, I am wondering why, maybe you know?
You're testing her intuition.
53. Do you think arguing is part of a relationship?
This is a powerful and important question. If she's afraid of conflict and doesn't give you a resounding yes, you might want to steer clear of her altogether because she won't be emotionally available for the hard stuff.
54. What is a significant event that has changed you?
This is a vital means to know someone and should be explored completely by both partners.
55. What do you think your favorite color tastes like?
It's an interesting inquiry to match colors with tastes because there's so much variation.
56. Could you give me directions to your heart?
A playful question, it gets the point across!
9 Good Night Messages To Text A Girl You Like (or Crush)
It might seem hard to come up with things to say to a girl you like or a favorite colleague. You might wonder how you're going to do it or what to text a girl before she sleeps.
57. If you were a flower, you would be the floret, which blooms through the night until dawn because you are in my thoughts the whole night. Sweet dreams.
Aside from wishing her lovely dreams, let her know that she's always on your mind. She'd be thrilled!
58. Before you drift off to the dreamland, think of all the good things you have done today. You always make me proud! Good night!
Make sure you remind her about her day's highlights. Maybe next time, you'll make it on her list.
59. Wishing for the brightest stars to guide your dreams today. Have a good night, love!
Wish your girl a wonderful dream with this message, and you'll end up being Mr. Dreamy.
60. You rocked the world with your grace today, honey. Now have a good sleep and lift your spirits for tomorrow! Good night my sweet love!
Remind her of how great they handled their day. This will definitely impress them.
61. I wish that I am right beside you to watch you sleep through the night; nevertheless, I will be in my bed dreaming of you when I close my eyes.
Let her know distance is not a big deal. This assures her that, even when apart, you are always thinking of her before you sleep.
62. I will ask God to send his angels tonight to take care of you so you can have beautiful dreams and see them come true tomorrow. Good night my crush.
Send her this message that serves as a short prayer for a peaceful night. Keep it sweet and short.
63. I'm about to fall asleep, but I couldn't doze off without saying goodnight to you.
Assure her you cannot simply end your day without sending her a message and wishing her a beautiful night.
64. Thanks for all the smiles today. Sleep tight.
You can send her a short and simple message like this one. It's a good way to a blissful evening.
6 Romantic Good Night Messages To Ask A Girl Out Over Text
Maybe you're dating this great girl. Maybe she's been your best friend for awhile now. Maybe you've decided that now is finally the time to take the next step. You'll need to know how to ask a girl out over text.
65. I really like talking with you. Would you like to grab coffee together sometime?
This is about as straightforward and no-frills as you can get. This should be a default. It works.
66. Can’t think of a good reason to go out for a celebratory drink but I’m sure it’s someone’s birthday, somewhere right now so we should toast to that.
This is totally being indirect in a way that's kind of funny. She might not get that you're asking her out though.
67. How about we do a bake-off this weekend? You’ll win, but I’ll enjoy feeding you cupcakes.
This one is playful and flirty enough that it's not exactly asking her out but she'll get that you like her and desire intimacy with her.
68. Is it bad to admit I’m bored at my desk? How about we rename today Madness Mondays and make like it’s Friday night?
This is kind of confusing but it implies that you want to have fun and party with her.
69. Hey, my friends and I spent the afternoon in a friendly place, if you want to come you’re invited.
This in no way shape or form implies that you're romantically interested. It might be implying you just want to get together as friends. If that's the case great! If you're vying for more, you might want to be more clear.
70. Hey, there is a new movie coming out tonight. Wanna go and watch it?”
This is a pretty classic suggestion. Boy meets girl and likes girl and wants to spend more time with her.
11 Flirty Romantic Good Night Messages
You'll want a few flirty texts for her up your sleeves.
71. I love everything about you, from your head to your feet.
Your love is a whole-body experience.
72. There are a lot of days which have passed and yet there are many to come. Among all those days I will not let this night go by without telling you that I love you and may all your dreams come true. Goodnight my love.
This is more of a love letter than a love text and that could be really great. Especially if your lady is one of many words herself.
73. I wonder how well you sleep at night, and what kind of dreams you have. I wish I could step into them like you step into mine. Goodnight beautiful.
It's a true practice to communicate through dreams with another whom you have a high soul connection. So make sure that if you use one like this, you've thought about what it really means and it's actually true for you.
74. Good night! Sleep tight. I may not be by
This is a wonderful and natural option.
75. Last night I matched each star with a reason for loving you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars
What a beautiful thought because there is no such thing as running out of stars! We love this one.
76. I know that it's not true. But my heart still believes that the moon shines for just me and you.
The sweetness of rhyming poetry is perfect.
77. HOLD YOUR PHONE TIGHTLY BECAUSE THIS TEXT MESSAGE IS A HUG IN DISGUISE. GOOD NIGHT.
This one is wonderful and adorable and really creates a great visual. Almost everyone wants to be hugged and held as they lay down to sleep.
78. ARE YOU GOING TO THINK ABOUT ME BEFORE YOU FALL ASLEEP TONIGHT? I HOPE SO…
This one, when a certain amount of trust is already established, can sound playful and confident, like saying "I know you love me, and thank you for that love."
79. ALL SNUGGLED UP IN BED WITH MY CAT. THERE’S STILL PLENTY OF ROOM FOR YOU THOUGH. JUST SAYIN!
This is lovely and playful and welcoming.
80. Starlight, star-bright, you’re my star each and every night
A cheesy one that is still full of meaning.
81. When I hug my pillow, I pretend it’s you. It’s not the same.
This is a great expression of tenderness and affection and it's a little bit impish too.
12 Romantic Good Night Messages After She Didn't text back
Sometimes she didn't text back. It may be because she's not into you and trying to send you that message by ignoring you, but we also know that sometimes life gets in the way and it doesn't hurt to put out feelers one more time.
82. How about going out to dinner sometime soon? Which day works best for you?
This is very straightforward and clear and if she doesn't text back after this one, it's probably best to move on.
83. OMG your responses are so fast slow down I can't keep up!
Do not say something like this if you suspect she's not into you. It's annoying and passive-aggressive and says more about you than her.
84. I hate texting you because you almost never respond. And I hate how all I want to do is talk to you, but you don't seem to care.
This sounds whiny and desperate and we highly recommend you avoid acting like the world revolves around you. We cannot force someone to care about us.
85. Was my response so funny that you died before you could reply?
This section is more or less a summary of the guy you do not want to be.
86. It's alright, no need to reply. I was just texting you to exercise my fingers.
We suggest exercising the delete key if something so passive-aggressive comes out onto your screen.
87. Yeah, If you could just answer my texts that'd be great.
There is a definite reason she's not answering you.
88. Not sure if my text went through, or you're ignoring what I sent.
You're gonna need to do some work on yourself if you're stooping this low.
89. I told you to text me when you get home. You must be homeless.
90. No it's cool, don't text me back.
We hope you're getting a kick out of this section.
91. MY BEARD HAS GROWN THREE INCHES SINCE THE LAST TEXT.
It took us a minute to realize this is satire.
92. YOUR RESPONSE TIME IS LONGER THAN ROSS AND RACHEL’S ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP. 10 SEASONS.
This one is actually hilarious and the caps lock makes it even better.
93. YOU HAVE 1 MINUTE TO TEXT BACK OR ELSE I AM GOING TO THINK YOU’RE DREAMING ABOUT ME.
We're dying. Boom dead.
Downloadable and Printable List of Romantic Good Night Messages
Here is a downloadable and printable list of Romantic Good Night Messages (right click the image and select save Image As...):
How To Pick The Best Romantic Good Night Messages
Gentlemen, there's rhyme and reason for picking the best romantic good night messages. We're going to offer you some tips.
1. A simple message is often enough
Unless you're getting positively redundant, keeping it short and sweet is best. It's more the timing and the energy of your text that delivers the act of love.
2. Speak naturally and from your heart when you can
Honestly our lists of ideas are intended to support you as you start allowing your own poetry to pour out of your heart, mind, mouth, and in this case, fingers. Don't get so bogged down in studying that you start sounding inauthentic.
3. Passive aggression is not cool
If you're anxious or annoyed at her texting habits, it's not going to help the relationship if that's apparent in your tone. Practice assuming the best about a person, no matter who they are.
Frequently Asked Questions
Despite having a list of good night messages, there still might be a lot of questions lingering on your mind stopping you from hitting that send button. Let me help you ease into sending those messages without having the need to worry.
Does sending good night text messages every night will make her feel irritated?
Sending a good night sms to a person you care for can make them feel loved. It shows them that you think of them before you sleep. Maybe it's time to read on rules for texting girls, make sure that you mix it up a bit, and think of a message that would seem relevant to her.
How often should I send a good night message to her?
Send your text message during special nights. Good night texts will eventually lose their appeal if sent daily.
Is it proper to keep saying good night to a girl every day without chatting with her often?
Maybe don't do it every night. You can send her a good night message after you chat with her.
My crush is sending good night texts every day. Is this a sign? Does she like me?
Is her message relative to a particular moment you shared or your time together? Are you the only person to who she sends the message? If yes, then maybe it's a sign!
How can you show them I care through a goodnight text?
With the list of messages you've read so far, the best one you can send to someone you care for is a message from the heart. You make up one relevant to the people you are sending it to.
Is there a right way to send someone a good night text?
Even with all the good night messages, you have come up with, it's always nice to know how to do it the right way. You don't want to have the perfect message for her ruined because you didn't do it right.
- Make it clear and simple.
Don't go too over the top with your words. Otherwise, the person reading your message will end up confused. You might want to sound like Shakespeare and dazzle him or her with your words but it is always safe to stick to the basics, clear and simple.
- Be sure you sound genuine.
You want your loved ones to feel special and not sound like you are just impressing them with your words. Make your message relatable to their life, something that they are going through, or something about them that you know. This will make them feel that your message is personal and not just some random thing from a favorite book or movie.
- Keep it cool.
Once you send a message, you often wait for a response from the person. If they don't respond, don't bombard them with messages that make you seem more annoying than impressive. Wait patiently and let your words do its magic.
More Ways On How To Talk To Girls
Okay so you're looking for a girlfriend. You're looking for better ways to build more quality connections with everyone in your life, particularly those in female form. Check out what we've got for you.
- Recognition and validation go a long way with compliments for girls
- Make sure you never run out of things to talk about with a girl
- Sometimes we're not very direct creations when it comes to communication, so you'll need to know how to tell if a girl likes you over text
Sending and receiving romantic goodnight messages are some of the most tender and precious parts of a blossoming relationship because they illustrate so completely how much two people miss each other when all is said and done with the trials and tribulations of life at the end of the day.
It's a good time to tell her you miss her. It's a good time to tell her what's alive in you right in the present moment. It's a great time to inquire what's most alive in her in the present moment too. It's a wonderful thing to simply practice being present with each other in addition to treasuring memories and planning for the future together.
Share how you're feeling. Ask how she's feeling. Focus on building trust. Focus on finding deeper and more mindful ways to feel into your connection and putting that into words with romantic goodnight messages.