Kyle Boureston | Jun 11, 2019 | 0
55 Things To Talk About With Your Crush – Spark a connection!
Coming up with things to talk about with your crush can be tough. Learning how to talk to girls is super important though, especially if you want to learn how to get a girlfriend. After all, good communication is the key to a successful, lasting relationship.
While a solid conversation doesn’t guarantee that she’s going to fall for you, it certainly can’t hurt! It often takes time for a girl to develop feelings for a guy, and chatting with her helps you plant a seed that may eventually blossom into a beautiful relationship. Even if nothing comes out of it, meaningful conversations are good for the soul.
Arming yourself with some conversation topics before you talk to your crush is a great way to make sure your interaction with her goes off without a hitch. These questions to ask give you some material to get things started, but don’t forget that there are endless things you can talk about with your crush.
Sometimes the most random conversations are the best ones! Feel free to improvise.
So you’re approaching your crush. You’re probably a little nervous and a lot excited. Maybe you’ve imagined what the conversation would be like — what you’d say and how she’d respond.
Stop. Relax. Let it happen naturally. While it’s tough not to let it build up in your head, your goal is to have a natural interaction with her. Plan things to talk about with a girl in advance, but don’t be surprised when the conversation shifts direction! Go with the flow.
She’s probably going to be a little nervous too, so just roll with it. Use this list of things to talk about to set things in motion, and then enjoy a genuine conversation with her. Girls can sense when a guy is just hitting on them, so try to have an authentic experience. That’s what’ll make her take interest in you.
Here are the 11 best things to talk about with your crush:
1. What would your parents be surprised to learn about you?
This is an interesting question because it encourages her to open up about her ‘bad’ side.
2. What superpower would you have for one day?
This is a super lighthearted question that leads to fun conversations.
3. What is your most bizarre pet peeve?
Hey, we all have little things that drive us crazy!
4. Who knows you the best?
Learning about the people she holds close is a great way to form a bond with her while learning about her life.
5. What’s the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
This is a fun question, but it can also tell you a lot about her priorities.
6. What was your favorite TV show as a kid?
A little nostalgia can create a very pleasant conversation.
7. What’s the first thing you’d do if you were the opposite sex for one day?
After peeing standing up, of course.
8. What kind of music are you into?
Music can really connect people. This question shows that you’re interested in her tastes, and you may even learn about a cool new artist.
9. What type of movies do you like?
Maybe you could see one together.
10. What’s your favorite movie?
The natural follow-up to the previous question.
11. What’s your favorite food/restaurant?
This is another question that could lead to a date if you play your cards right.
So you want to form that ever-elusive connection with her. Well, if you’re interested in her, she might want to get to know you too! The early stages of any relationship take time and effort, but you have to start somewhere, right?
These get to know you questions are perfect for picking her brain a bit. They’re are great because you can use them to get to know her, but the resulting conversations help her get to know you too. After all, if you want to win her over, you need to open up.
Use these things to talk about to help you decide if she’s a good match. Use them to find out if you have things in common. Once you know a bit more about her, you can plan the perfect date.
Here are 11 “Get to Know You” things to talk about with your crush:
12. Do you like cooking?
If you really want to charm her, learn to cook an awesome dish and then make it for her! There are plenty of easy-yet-impressive recipes out there.
13. Are there any books you would really recommend I read?
Flaunt your literary prowess. Girls like a well-read guy.
14. What shows do you watch?
Sometimes a TV conversation is all you need. Simple and fun.
15. Where do you wish you could go?
Learning about someone’s travel dreams can tell you a lot about them.
16. Do you have any hobbies?
This is one of the most basic-yet-important questions. After all, a person’s hobbies are a huge part of who they are.
17. What are some current trends you just can’t get behind?
Goofing on the latest trend fails can lead to some hilarious discussions.
18. What was your hometown like?
This is a great question because it gives her a lot of room to open up about her life up to this point.
19. What do you usually do when you hang out with your friends?
If you wanna be her lover, you gotta get with her friends.
20. What kind of jobs have you worked at?
A person’s work experiences often play a major role in who they become.
21. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Let her brag a bit.
22. What is the next big thing you want to accomplish?
This question helps you to understand her goals and passions for the future.
Girls like a guy with a sense of humor. If you make her laugh, you’re on the right track. These funny questions to ask start light, easy conversations that can lead to deeper discussions down the line.
While some humor can definitely work in your favor, make sure you don’t overuse these hilarious questions. You’re not filming the next Netflix comedy special, after all! Use these funny questions sparingly when it fits the mood.
Here are 8 funny things to talk about with your crush:
23. What sport would be the funniest to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to?
A little game of boozeball is always a treat.
24. What movie would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical?
The Terminator’s classic “I’ll be back” line would be amazing.
25. What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?
Sometimes you can’t help but look like a buffoon. If you’ve ever walked into a spiderweb, you know the struggle.
26. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
And what would they say? Bonus points for rude animal talking impressions.
27. What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?
Certain scenes in The Brave Little Toaster come to mind.
28. What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?
We all have those little tidbits of information that decide to stick around in the brain for some strange reason.
29. What is the funniest joke you know by heart?
Nothing wrong with a classic joke. It’s humor in its purest form.
30. What would be the absolute worst name you could give your child?
Feel free to think beyond actual names.
So you’ve chatted her up and things went well. Way to go, you stud! Now it’s time for the big first date.
Well, obviously the first date is nerve-racking experience. That’s where these first date questions come in to play. Some of them are serious, some are silly, and some help you get to know each other.
Choose a few of your favorite questions, and keep them in mind throughout the date. If you have one of those dreaded awkward silences, bust one out! These things to talk about are here to save the day (and the date).
Here are 11 things to talk about on a first date with your crush:
31. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
And why are you not eating pizza RIGHT NOW? (unless you are, of course)
32. What are you most attracted to in a person?
What a coincidence, she just described you to a T.
33. What’s your biggest turn-off?
Find out now so you don’t do it later!
34. What silly or funny thing makes you afraid or creeps you out?
Sometimes there’s no rhyme or reason to phobias.
35. Would you rather wear a t-shirt and cut-off denim shorts, or a fancy outfit?
This question helps you to understand which side of the party/professional fence she leans on.
36. Who’s the worst guest you’ve had in your house and what did they do?
We’ve all had those nightmare guests who just don’t get it!
37. What always sounds like a good idea at the time but rarely is?
Some mistakes are just so dang appealing.
38. What are you completely over and done with?
When you can’t even.
39. What’s the most immature thing your parents do?
Parents are people too.
40. What fact amazes you every time you think of it?
When you’re in the mood to have your mind blown, this is a great starting point.
41. What do you wish people would stop asking you?
Hopefully not this question.
After some small talk, you may want to form a deeper connection with her. After all, if you’re interested in spending time with her long-term, it’s important that you learn about the inner-workings of her brain.
These deep questions to ask can lead to intense conversations, so don’t ask too many at once. Your goal is to have a meaningful conversation, not grill her. If she seems uncomfortable, don’t push it. Reading her social cues is the key to having a positive experience, even if you’re discussing heavy topics.
Here are 14 deep questions to ask and things talk about with your crush:
42. What would you choose to do to improve yourself?
Everyone’s a work in progress.
43. Is lying ever the right thing to do? When?
Is there such thing as a white lie?
44. What are the highest and lowest points of your life?
This question is pretty personal, so make sure the moment is right.
45. Can human nature be completely changed by culture or society?
Are we a product of our environment?
46. What are the best and worst parts of human nature?
We’re certainly an interesting species.
47. What or who would you sacrifice your life for?
This question really shines some light into the things and people that are most important to her.
48. What’s the most crucial thing for a healthy relationship?
49. What makes a person truly evil?
When is a person simply beyond redemption?
50. What keeps you up at night?
This question can lead to funny or serious conversations.
51. If you could change three things about your country, what would you change?
This question is a good way to get a feel for her politics without asking directly.
52. What is something that most people learn only after it’s too late?
Sharing wisdom with each other enriches both of you as people.
53. What was one of the best days of your life?
Fond memories are always good conversation fodder.
54. Would you rather be poor with lots of good friends or rich with no friends?
This question show you her true priorities.
55. How quickly do you jump to conclusions about people?
It’s easy to form a snap judgment, but sometimes people take time to show their true colors.
Downloadable List of Things to Talk About With Your Crush
More Great Ways On How To Talk To A Girl You Like
This guide should definitely help you talk to your crush. At the same time, there are plenty of other approaches that may work for you, depending on the situation.
Check out these others great things to talk about with your crush:
- Use these other questions to ask a girl you like for more ideas similar to these.
- Having some solid compliments for girls on deck and ready to go is a great way to make her smile.
- These things to say to a girl you like are sure to float her boat.
Struggling to decide where to start?
Here’s how to pick which things to talk about with your crush:
1. Begin with Broad Questions
The first step is getting to know her. Once you have a better idea of who she is, you can feel confident asking more detailed questions. For example, say you asked about her hobbies, and she said she’s into cooking. Now you can ask her about her favorite foods, restaurants, cooking style, and so on.
2. Be Random
There’s nothing wrong with busting out a question from left field. Getting to know someone should be fun, and sometimes it’s the bizarre conversations that are most memorable.
3. Let Her Take the Lead
If you’re not sure what to say, just let her lead the conversation. Girls appreciate a guy who listens, so if you don’t know what to say, just wait for her to say something. As the old saying goes, it’s better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Sometimes, silence is golden!
4. Ask Her Directly
Having trouble reading her mind? That’s okay! Go ahead and ask her what she wants to talk about. This direct approach shows consideration, and it can lead to some really great conversations. After all, if she’s calling the shots, what could possibly go wrong?
Now you have plenty of things to talk about with your crush, but this list is only the tip of the iceberg. There’s no limit to the amount of conversation topics out there, so spread your wings and fly!
Learning how to talk to girls takes experience. Each conversation is a chance to learn what works and what doesn’t. Of course, every woman is unique, but you should still be able to get a feel for which questions land.
If you’re hoping to learn how to get a girlfriend, the truth is that you just have to be genuine, kind, and most importantly, yourself. These questions to ask should be used as a base to get you started, not as a questionnaire. Your goal is to form a real connection with her, not interview her.
Talking to a crush is one of life’s great joys. Enjoy every moment, and don’t stress out if things get a little awkward. That’s just life. Taking that first step is the hardest part. After that first interaction, it’s all smooth sailing in comparison.