Ryan | Jan 14, 2019 | 0
“I Need A Girlfriend!” – 8 Common reasons why you don’t have a girlfriend.
Every guy has been playing ball or poker with his bros and thought quietly to himself, “I need a girlfriend.”
We all crave something softer sometimes. If you’ve ever thought, “I want a girlfriend,” finding her is merely a matter of the right mindset.
Looking for a girlfriend is every man’s rite of massage. It’s not about trying to mold yourself into some 6-foot-3 superhero. To need a girlfriend is not about chasing, luck, or competition.
Looking for a girlfriend is about committing to your values, and connecting authentically. When you begin your quest to find a girlfriend, you’re communicating what you want, and what you’re willing to give.
You might be thinking, “I need a girlfriend” right now.
Keep scrolling for tons of master tips on how to get a girlfriend.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
Maybe you’ve been thinking “I need a girlfriend” for a while, but you just don’t know where to start.
Getting what you want out of life means looking carefully at the reasons you don’t already have the girl of your dreams, and adjusting your actions accordingly.
Here are 8 reasons why you don’t have a girlfriend yet:
Reason 1: You Don’t Know How To Meet Women
Get in women-meeting-mode when you’re out and about. There are no location restrictions on where to find a girlfriend. Don’t limit yourself to cafes, bars, and clubs as your only options for where to meet women.
You could be looking for a girlfriend at the grocery store. At the bank. In line at the DMV. Sense a spark across the way, and act on a chance encounter!
- Anything movement-oriented: Physical activity makes you more outgoing. Martial arts classes, swing dance classes, hip-hop dance classes, and yoga classes are where it’s at.
- Anything conversation-oriented: Make meaningful connection over books, current events or philosophical ideas. This is how to meet women.
You do need to have an authentic interest in the activity for it to work. You are getting out there to grow. When you think you just need a girlfriend, you’re actually answering your own ambition to learn.
Women want a guy who is breaking the mold by pursuing what he is genuinely interested in. Do what you want to do. You bring the masculinity to even traditionally feminine activities just by being you. Women long to see that kind of courage and audacity.
Reason 2: You Don’t Know How To Approach A Girl
When you think, “I want a girlfriend,” planning how to approach a girl can be nerve-wracking, but it doesn’t have to be.
Here are some things to remember:
- Don’t wait around. It leads to overthinking. Hovering starts to look creepy.
- You’re alike. We all hate traffic. We’re all looking for the One.
- Seek out rejection. Seriously. If you haven’t been rejected five times for every yes, you are not trying hard enough. Singular focus gets you too emotionally invested. Free yourself. Talk to everyone interesting. You won’t even notice the rejections.
Reason 3: You Don’t Know How To Correctly Talk To Girls
Here are some pointers:
- Appear confident, not competitive. It’s not a job interview. When you’re trying to sell yourself like a product, it’s exhausting and frankly, sounds desperate.
- Dial back the intensity. Appear present and interested, but not hanging off of her every word. Help her feel engaged, but not pressured or trapped in the conversation.
Describing all the ways she amazes you is the best part of how to talk to a girl you like.
Here are some tips:
Tip 1: Compliment Her
Skip superficial compliments like “I love your hair.” To a girl who’s heard it all, you could sound insincere.
Instead, stand out by complimenting qualities that she has cultivated in herself through diligence and commitment. When you recognize personal growth in her, it shows you value your own.
Here are two examples of high-level compliments for girls:
- I admired your courage today in what you said to (person x) about (issue y). It takes strength to stand up for what’s right. I’m sure others will benefit from your integrity.
- Whenever I hear you talk about how much you love (x), it makes me want to learn more about it. I had never thought this way about (x) until I met you.
Tip 2: Say Sweet Things to Her
Sweet things to say to a girl should be on your mind when you think, “I want a girlfriend.”
Here are two options:
- “You have an infectious laugh. When I heard it, I couldn’t help but come over and say hi:” You’re drawn to her openness and natural joy.
- “I was drawn to say hello to you.” You don’t need a reason to tell a girl that you find her attractive and fascinating.
Tip 3: Flirt With Her
When you think, “I want a girlfriend,” learning how to flirt with a girl will fling open doors.
Here is one noteworthy caution:
Smiling: Your best attempt at Blue Steel won’t cut it. Don’t look for reassurance in return. Don’t under-commit out of shyness. Have you ever tentatively smiled at someone, and they didn’t notice? What felt like rejection totally wasn’t! Awkward.
An authentic smile comes from gratitude. When you have it, you are magnetic!
Reason 4: You Don’t Know How To Get A Girl’s Number
“When?” you ask. Don’t spend so much time wondering how to get a girl’s number that you miss the chance. CREATE the chance.
Here’s our advice:
Converse. Establish something in common. Wait for signals that she is interested in continuing the exchange. Observe her smile, her eye contact, the vigor of her nod, and how she turns to face you. Look for all of these. If she merely smiles, it might just be out of politeness.
Don’t tell her to call you. Throwing some digits at a girl does not inspire her to chase you.
Prompt her directly by saying “I’ve got to get back to work, but I’d love to talk more about this sometime.” Boom. You’ve just offered your busy schedule as a reason to cut to the chase. If she accepts, offer her your phone so she can enter her number.
Reason 5: You Don’t Know How To Text A Girl
If you’re thinking, “I need a girlfriend,” you’ll want to learn how to text a girl.
Here are some tips to tell her you’re thinking of her when apart:
Tip 4: Ask Questions To A Girl Over Text
Here are some things to ask to find out what she cares about:
- If you were a fruit, what would you be? Does she see herself as cute like a grape or full of health benefits like a coconut?
- Describe your dream home: Is she an urban woman or a country girl?
Tip 5: Send A Good Morning Text For Her
When you think, “I need a girlfriend,” remember that good morning texts for her let her know she’s always on your mind.
Here are some ideas:
- Morning! May your boss be kind and may traffic move quickly: You’ve got well wishes for her work day.
- Rise and shine. Go get ’em tiger: Playfully wish her an energetic morning.
- Hope your morning is as beautiful as you are: You can’t go wrong comparing her to a beautiful sunrise.
Tip 6: Send A Good night text For Her
For when you say, “I need a girlfriend,” be ready with some good night texts for her to tell her she’s the last person on your mind before you close your eyes.
Here are a few recommendations:
- You make me so happy. *Heart emoji*: Simple, clear, and so sincere.
- Here are a strong hug and a gentle kiss: What you would give her if you were right there with her.
- Sweet dreams, my love: Infinite power, four little words.
Reason 6: You Don’t Know How To Ask A Girl Out
You’ve got her number, and you’ve got a steady text stream going. Learn how to ask a girl out to initiate your first date.
Here are two things to remember:
- Keep it simple. You don’t need a million bucks. You don’t need to wear a suit. You just need to show her who you really are and be curious about who she really is.
- You will grow as a man, whether she accepts or rejects. The point here is not to guarantee a go. The point is to cultivate confidence and self-esteem to go after what you want, when you want it. We practically advocate for you to get rejected a few times. It builds character. Can you keep your head held high when you want to crawl into a hole? The real test of manhood is how you bounce back even stronger.
Cute ways to ask a girl out show creativity in your planning.
Here are a couple options:
- I’m making tacos tonight. Care to join me?: She will be impressed by your cooking and fast vegetable dicing skills.
- I’ve always been inspired by what the stars tell us. Want to see what they have to say?: Go star gazing. Pack hot cocoa and a couple of blankets. Totally romantic, and totally free.
Reason 7: You Don’t Know How To Get A Girl To Like You
If you’re thinking, “I need a girlfriend,” consider how to get a girl to like you. You don’t need to look like Brad Pitt, but you do need to commit to being the best version of yourself to get results.
Here are some tips:
Tip 7: Know What Women Want In A Man
Feminism has really made dating expectations confusing! We all just want to do the right thing. We want everyone to feel respected, no matter what that looks like.
Here are a couple of modern dating notes about what women want in a man:
- Adaptability: Honestly, women are just as confused as to what they should expect from men nowadays! She might have been brought up on old-fashioned chivalry, but her friends are feminists. She’s looking for balance too.
- Communication Skills: You can avoid a lot of confusion by just asking her what makes her happy.
Tip 8: Know What Girls Like
When you’re thinking, “I need a girlfriend,” you also wonder, “What do girls like?”
Here are two truths:
- She likes a man who’s not afraid to find ways to improve his appearance: Learning about styles that accentuate your unique features does not make you vain.
- She likes a man who is both strong and soft: The worthiest men know that expressing their vulnerable side only makes them stronger. Pretending to be rough and tough 100% of the time actually shows emotional avoidance.
Reason 8: You Don’t Know How To Tell A Girl You Like Her
Put your hand over hers. Start with a brief squeeze.
The ears are a powerful erogenous zone. Whisper into her ear so she can feel your breath.
More Tips On How To Get A Girlfriend
Understanding her signals is as important as sending her clear signals. Turning a date into a relationship requires a full arsenal of tactics.
Here are some more key items:
- Ask a Girl Out: Keep your confidence high and your delivery creative when you consider
how to ask a girl to be your girlfriend.
- Impress Her: Focus on how to impress a girl by maximizing your natural assets.
- Recognize the signs: Don’t let her signals fall on deaf ears. Guys who need a girlfriend should recognize the signs a girl likes you.
- Kiss her properly: There are fairytale kisses, and there are wet dog kisses. Learn how to kiss a girl before you find a girlfriend.
Gentlemen, when you think to yourself, “I need a girlfriend,” reflect on the reasons you don’t have one already, and plan accordingly.
Learning how to talk to women correctly will expand your horizons. Excelling in areas you value will improve your chances. Don’t underestimate the importance of texting a girl intentionally.
Any guy who thinks, “I need a girlfriend” can discover a new side of himself when he approaches women proactively.