Sam Whittaker | Mar 11, 2021 | 0
49 Quality Date Questions – Boost Your Way To Her Heart
New? Start here.
Dating can be nerve-wracking — but these date questions should help you the next time you find yourself tongue-tied and unable to think of interesting questions to ask your date.
These also do double duty as questions for couples to ask on your anniversary dinner, St. Valentine’s Day, or any time you are having a heart-to-heart talk with your significant other.
We’ll take care of the date questions so you can clear your mind, take a breather, and use your precious brainpower to come up with amazing date ideas for your next meeting!
8 Best Date Questions
Let’s waste no time and kick this off with our top picks!
Here are the 8 best date questions:
1. Did you collect stuff as a child?
Who hasn’t had a few weird collections growing up?
2. Which would you like the most: a summer house, a year-long vacation, or a boat?
The boat sounds like the best of both worlds: it can take you on vacations anywhere in the world, all year long!
3. If you could live in any three cities in the world, which would they be and why?
Yes, Paris counts, too — although it often doesn’t live up to the hype in real life. Have you ever heard of the Paris syndrome?
4. What personality tests have you taken, and do you agree with the results?
Are you an INFJ or an ESTP?
5. What’s your favorite memory with your parents?
And what do you think their favorite memories with you are? They rarely overlap.
6. What do you think about couples who own a business together?
Do you admire them for being power couples? Or are you horrified at the thought of spending close to 24 hours each day with your spouse?
7. Have you ever changed your mind about something you were once sure about?
Who hasn’t? What’s more interesting here is what made you reconsider your stance?
8. What is the most meaningful thing someone ever said to you?
Other than, “I love you,” that is. Surely you can get more imaginative than that?
8 First Date Questions
A few clever, ready-to-use first date questions are bound to come in handy. First dates have a way of rendering people positively speechless.
Here are 8 first date questions:
9. Who’s the most fascinating person you know?
You must know them personally; celebrities don’t count.
10. Do you have a dream you’re pursuing?
And what makes it so important to you?
11. What pets have you had?
Are you more of a dog or a cat person?
12. Do you have any nicknames?
The ones from our high school years are usually the funniest.
13. What wrong assumptions do people make about you?
Why do you think you give off that impression?
14. What did you love most about the place you grew up in?
Have you gone back there since?
15. All modesty aside, what are you better at than 90% of people?
We all have our secret superpower.
16. Do you have a special place you like to visit regularly?
A happy place in your imagination counts, too!
9 Funny Date Questions
Here are 9 funny date questions:
17. What household chores are the worst?
Oh, come on — is there someone who actually enjoys doing household chores?
18. Have you ever pretended to laugh at a stale joke?
Ha-ha! You just can’t help it sometimes. Plus, you might end up hurting someone’s feelings if you don’t.
19. Have you ever been in a public restroom only to find out there is no toilet paper? What would you do?
Always carry a pack of tissues with you, people!
20. Would you consider grocery shopping as a date?
If it’s in a fancy supermarket — sure, why not? You could even do some free wine or food tasting if they have some on!
21. Before you make a call, do you rehearse what you are going to say?
Don’t we all? Who makes phone calls in this day and age, anyway?
22. Do you read reviews or just go with your gut?
Sometimes, the reviews are more entertaining than the actual movie, TV show, or book they are rating!
23. Have you ever been on a blind date?
In a way, all first dates are “blind,” aren’t they?
24. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
No, ordering takeout and transferring it into your own plates doesn’t count.
25. If you could drink any type of alcoholic drink as much as you want without gaining weight, what drink would it be?
Well, that should be interesting!
8 Interesting Date Questions
Do you ever think to yourself, “Boy, do I wish I could think of some interesting questions to ask her! I hate these awkward silences.”
If so, don’t worry! With our selection of interesting questions to ask a girl, those awkward silences are now a thing of the past.
Here are 8 interesting date questions:
26. Which do you prefer: dating someone younger than you or your age mate?
Hey, there’s nothing wrong with dating younger if you can pull it off (and they are of the age of consent, of course)!
27. Which social media site are you using the most?
Everyone and their dog seem to be on Twitter these days.
28. If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say in only two words?
How about “Carry on?” or “Cheer up?”
29. What are some of the situations you try avoiding most in life?
Waiting in lines and interacting with toxic people are good candidates.
30. How do you impress a date’s parents or friends?
Honestly, the best way to do that is by being kind and respectful to your date.
31. How often do you meet new people in your line of work?
Online meetings count, too!
32. If you had to eat one cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Now that’s a real tough one.
33. Can you tell the meaning of your name?
All names have a meaning! If you don’t know yours, just Google it. You’d be surprised by what comes up!
8 Personal Date Questions
Personal questions can be tricky. On the one hand, they can help you get to know your date on a much deeper level. On the other hand, however, an inappropriate or ill-timed personal question can be perceived as intrusive or downright offensive.
Not our questions, though! We’ve collected the best personal questions to ask a girl on a date. With these, you don’t risk making a social faux pas or putting her off.
Here are 8 personal date questions:
34. Does your family still live in your hometown?
And if so, how often does she visit them?
35. Which friendship has had the greatest impact on your life?
We all have that one special friend.
36. Is there an activity that calms you?
Yoga? Walks in the park? Netflix?
37. Would you consider yourself a pessimist or an optimist?
Or a bit of both?
38. Whose opinion matters most in your home?
It better be hers! We should all be free to make decisions for our own lives.
39. Do you think it’s better to save money or invest?
The best strategy is to build up your savings first, and then, once you have put aside enough money for a rainy day, start investing.
40. What is the longest relationship you have been in?
41. What impression do you try to give when you first meet someone?
Does she want to be perceived as cute? Independent? Funny?
8 Deep Date Questions
Let’s wrap things up with our favorite deep questions to ask a girl. If you time them right, these can really help take your date (or even your relationship) to the next level.
With that in mind, let’s get right into our top choices for deep questions to ask your date.
Here are 8 deep date questions:
42. What are the most valuable lessons you’ve learned in life so far?
Being kind to others and never giving up are definitely top contenders.
43. What did you learn about marriage from your parents?
Marriage is hard in the best of circumstances! It takes a lot of work, but it is all worth it in the end if you two love and care for one another.
44. What do you think are the two things that prevent people from realizing their dreams?
Limiting self-beliefs or sheer bad luck? Or do some people just don’t put in the work?
45. When do you mostly demand personal space?
After a long day at work, probably.
46. Where do you find meaning in your life?
The best place to look for meaning is within!
47. Out of the positive emotions of compassion, positivity, enthusiasm, and initiative, which one is your biggest strength?
And which one you should work more on?
48. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating?
Or are you one of those rare, self-disciplined birds that find motivation within?
49. Do you get excited or scared when meeting new people?
In all fairness, that would probably depend on the new people.
Downloadable and Printable List of Date Questions
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of date questions (right-click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Awesome Questions To Ask a Girl
Looking for more awesome questions to ask a girl?
How To Pick The Best Date Questions
Do you still need some help choosing interesting and appropriate questions to ask your date?
Hey, we get it — keeping a conversation going when you are all self-conscious and don’t know your date very well can be challenging even for the biggest extroverts out there.
To help make things somewhat easier for you, we’ve gathered our top tried-and-tested tips on coming up with great questions to ask a girl.
Here is how to pick the best date questions:
1. Don’t Get Too Personal Too Quickly
For the first few dates, stay away from asking questions that can come across as too deep or personal. Your relationship is still in its early days, and it can take a while before she starts feeling safe enough to open up to you. So, it’s best not to ask potentially sensitive questions about her family, past relationships, finances, or health issues right off the bat.
2. Consider Her Personality And Interests
Even the best question won’t get you very far if she is not interested in the topic. Always tie your questions to something she can relate to, such as her hobbies, interests, or professional life.
3. Know When To Stop Talking
Never use a question as an excuse to impress her with your own rehearsed answer. Only ask questions that you are genuinely interested in — and then let her speak and listen. There are plenty of talkers out there, but men who are good listeners are few and far between (and most women love them).
Oh, and you get bonus points if you actually commit to memory what she said and bring it up at a later date!
Did you enjoy our suggestions for questions to ask your girl? These should hopefully give you some fresh date ideas. And who knows, they might even inspire you to come up with your very own date questions for couples!